It is essential for children to play sports to keep their minds sharp and bodies healthy. One such sport that you can introduce to your child is tennis, which can help improve flexibility, coordination skills, problem-solving, and more. So, here’s our list of the best tennis rackets for kids to make playing tennis easy and fun. Children’s tennis rackets are designed to suit their requirements, and they weigh much less than adult rackets. They also offer a good grip so that it is easy to hold onto them while playing. So, browse the best-selling options listed below to choose the right one.
11 Best Tennis Rackets For Kids
1. Best Lightweight: Wilson US Open Junior Tennis Racquet
This lightweight tennis racket is especially popular amongst little tennis enthusiasts. These aluminum tennis rackets are designed to suit kids aged up to five years, and available in different sizes and colors, so it becomes easy for your child to change the racket without having to change the racket type. This review video will tell you more about this racquet’s features and benefits.
- Affordable price
- Lightweight frame
- Highly durable
- Offers good grip
- Does not come with a cover
2. Best Durable: Head Speed Kids Tennis Racquet
Created to suit junior players, this beginner tennis racket is made of aluminum and features an o-beam construction, which makes it sturdy yet lightweight for kids to use. It minimizes vibration when the racket hits tennis balls. It also promotes stability. The trusted brand offers rackets in multiple sizes, so you can choose standard or oversized tennis rackets according to your child’s comfort and preference.
- Durable build
- Offers good grip
- Suitable for beginners
- Head size is perfect for kids
- Tennis balls may not bounce off adequately from the racket
3. Best Beginners: Street Tennis Club Tennis Rackets for Kids
The cute smiley face on the strings of the racket can bring a smile to your child’s face when playing. This parent-recommended product is available in three sizes so that your child can keep playing with the same type of racket for years before switching to a midsize tennis racket or a full-size racket. Made of aluminum, this lightweight racket can help in developing your child’s stroke techniques.
- Thick gauge strings help hit the tennis balls well
- Small handle is perfect for better grip and control
- Made of good quality, durable material
- Grip may lack durability
Wilson US Open Junior Tennis Racquet
Head Speed Kids Tennis Racquet
Street Tennis Club Tennis Rackets for Kids
|Weight||0.47 Pounds||0.5 Pounds||-|
|Dimensions||27.56 x 11.81 x 1.57 inches||25 x 11 x 1 inches||17 x 9 x 17 inches|
4. Best Durable: Weierfu Junior Tennis Racket
If your child has the habit of hitting or dropping the racket on the court, then this racket with special head protection should be in your shopping cart. Besides absorbing the ball-to-racket connection shock, this power tennis racket can also last long despite poor handling. Made of premium-quality aluminum, this time-tested racket weighs 150 grams and is easy to hold and swing. It can help hone your child’s tennis skills.
- PU-foamed grip makes holding racket easy for kids
- Large hitting point helps kids learn faster
- Comes with a pretty black cover
- Brand offers only two color options
5. Best Durable Material: Hello Kitty Sports Junior Tennis Racquet
This pearly-pink racket is created for sweet little fans of Hello Kitty. The cute Hello Kitty bow design on the strings of this racket can make your child want to play with it. Even its grip is pink with Hello Kitty design on it. The power tennis racket is available in different sizes, so your kiddo can pick the one that suits her the best. It is durable, and easy to play with, and is best suited for children aged five years and below.
- Attractive design
- Grip suited for small hands
- Appropriate size for kids
- String may not be very durable
6. Best Grip: Babolat Nadal Junior Tennis Racquet
If your kid wishes to pursue tennis at a professional level, then you might have to get them a graphite tennis racket like this one, which is similar to tennis rackets for men. This entry-level racket is especially for those kids who wish to play tennis at the junior level and wish to become professional players soon. At 26 inches, it is suited for children aged between nine and 11 years.
- Reasonably priced for an entry-level packet
- Comes with half cover
- Perfect size for young players
- Can seem heavier than most other tennis rackets
- Strings may not be as tight as required
7. Best For Intermediate Players: Marvel Junior Spider-Man Tennis Racquet
Want a kids’ racket that stands out? Get this one with unique looks and great functionality. No need to worry about unstrung tennis rackets because this one is pre-strung. The cool Spidey eyes colored on the strings can be a good gift for fans of Spider man. Even the grip contains the Spider-Man logo. With this red and blue tried-and-tested tennis racquet, you will always be able to spot your child even in a crowd.
- Sturdy build
- Solid and comfortable grip
- May not include a shock absorber
8. Best Fun: Insum Junior Tennis Racquet
Do not take your child’s love for tennis lightly, as this passion can be turned into a full-fledged career someday. Getting them a racquet like this before investing in a tennis racket for women or men can help them up their game against the best of opponents. It comes with a head protection system that takes on the shock when the ball connects with the racket, giving it a competitive edge above others. Its triplet-type damper and the soft grip protect the hands from vibrations. This racket looks nice and feels even better when used.
- Tennis cover comes with shoulder straps
- Available in a variety of colors schemes and sizes
- Suitable for beginners
- Grip may not be very sturdy
9. Best Unisex: Gamma Sports Junior Tennis Racquet
When the tennis racket is strong and stable, your child can play on for hours enjoying the game. This junior tennis racquet is available in three sizes and is suitable for kids aged nine to ten years. Made of aluminum, this trusted racket is lightweight, making it easy for kids to swing and strike. It comes in different colors, indicating the size of the racket.
- Comes pre-strung, so your child can start playing right away
- Strong grip helps in better shock absorption
- Perfect size for amateur players
- Handle wrap may not be of the best quality
10. Best Design: Senston 19″ 23″ Kids Junior Tennis Racquet for Kids
Your toddler may not be able to speak well, but they sure can try playing tennis with this junior racquet. It is impervious to endless smashing and hitting as it has been created with aluminum integration molding technology that gives it a strong frame. It is built to withstand high-intensity play and last long. Liked by several reviewers, this four-inch grip-size tennis racket is suitable for your child to hold and use comfortably.
- Aluminum alloy frame is impact-resistant
- Protects wrists from vibration and shock
- Comes with attractive full cover
- Grip cover may lack durability
11. Best For Tracking All Day: Pink Streak Junior Tennis Racquet – Strung with Cover
If your little one loves pink, then here is a pink racquet meant only for them. It comes with a large head so that your child never misses a shot. The grip measuring 5in long is easy for kids to hold and swing. The sturdy frame of this head-heavy tennis racket can withstand shocks and last long. The brand offers different sizes so the racket can grow with your child.
- Comes with half cover
- Strung tennis racket
- Does not have a symbol marked on the strings
How To Choose The Right Tennis Racket For Kids?
The criteria that kids lay for racket selection is very different from what adults consider when buying the same racquet. For parents and kids to reach a consensus, it is necessary that the criteria of both parties are fulfilled. Here are some tips that will help you choose the right racket for kids.
- Color: This feature is most important because it has been observed that kids often tend to pick rackets that are most attractive. They do not always consider other features when they have made up their mind on wanting their racket to be in their favorite color. Look for brands that offer good rackets in attractive colors.
- Theme: Brands offer rackets in a variety of themes, such as Hello Kitty and Spider-Man. If your child is reluctant to play tennis, you can try luring them with a racket that follows the theme of their favorite cartoon or game.
- Size: Tennis rackets for kids are available in sizes from 19 inches to 26 inches. As the size varies, so do the weight and grip measurement. It is important to give your child a racket suited for their age and height, so they can learn and enjoy tennis. Buying the appropriate size makes it easy for them to use and swing the racket.
- Grip: If your child is struggling to hold the racket, it means that the grip is lacking. A poor grip can cause damage to your child’s wrist. It is better to look for field-tested tennis rackets with shock and vibration-absorbing features.
- Balance: This refers to the balance between the head of the racket and its handle. Some rackets come with larger heads and smaller handles. These lightweight rackets give children better stability. Rackets that come with smaller heads and larger handles are heavier than other rackets, and they tend to teach children better control and striking power. A balanced tennis racket for all skill levels is one with weight distributed equally between the head and the grip, and it offers both stability and good control. For this, you can ask your child’s tennis coach for pro-level analysis to see where your child is lacking and change the racket accordingly.
Rackets that come with smaller heads and larger handles are heavier than other rackets, and they tend to teach children better control and striking power. A balanced tennis racket for all skill levels is one with weight distributed equally between the head and the grip, and it offers both stability and good control.
For this, you can ask your child’s tennis coach to see where your child is lacking and change the racket accordingly.
What Is The Right Age For Children To Start Playing Tennis?
The best age for kids to start playing tennis is when they have developed their motor skills and the strength to control their bodies. Kids aged four years are old enough to grasp and understand instructions. Their bodies are also developing, which makes it easy for them to adapt to the game’s demands.
Tennis is an exciting game for both the players and the audience. If taken seriously, your child can make a career out of it. However, it is possible only if your child has an interest in it. Forcing your child to play a game they do not like will only cause them mental stress and even injuries if their heart is not in the game. Make your child play tennis only if you see them having the knack for it. If not, then there are several other games your child can try a hand at and also master.
Why Trust MomJunction?
To compile this list of the best tennis rackets for kids, we scoured various trusted websites and went through numerous product reviews to offer an unbiased opinion. These rackets will help improve your children’s flexibility and coordination. They are lightweight, durable, stylish, and colorful. You can select the right one after going through the detailed specifications of each product and the buying guide provided here for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age should a child use a full-size tennis racket?
Your child can use a full-size tennis racket when they enter their teen years. Children who can easily handle junior rackets until this age will be able to handle and swing longer rackets later. However, the ability to use full-size rackets may vary with each child and should be considered according to your child’s interest and ability.
2. Do kids need a smaller tennis racket?
Yes, smaller tennis rackets allow your child to master the game as they are easy to grip and swing.
3. Is a tennis racket worth it?
If your child enjoys playing tennis, or would be interested in trying their hand at it, yes tennis rackets are worth it.
4. How long does a tennis racket last?
A high-quality tennis racket may last you anywhere a year two, considering how you use it.
5. Do adults play with kids’ tennis rackets?
Tennis rackets designed for kids are not appropriate for adults. However, you may prefer to play with junior rackets to have fun along with children or if you find them suitable for you.
If your child enjoys playing tennis or wishes to learn, they need a high-quality tennis racket to play well. As tennis helps enhance motor skills, fitness, and coordination, it is a great hobby to pursue. However, choosing the best tennis racket is essential for playing a good game. When buying a racket, consider your child’s comfort and preference, especially the handle grip, weight, balance, and more. Our favorite picks include the Head Speed Kids Tennis Racquet, which offers the right balance of grip and durability; the Weierfu Junior Tennis Racket, for its large hitting point that enhances players’ technique; and the Gamma Sports Junior Tennis Racquet, for its shock-absorption capabilities. Moreover, choose a durable, appropriately sized racket for long-lasting use. We hope our list of the right tennis rackets for kids can help you understand the available options.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Playing Tennis?
Practicing or playing tennis regularly not only serves as a source of entertainment and a means to release energy but also bestows physical and cognitive benefits. Discover how playing tennis can contribute to your child’s development and well-being in the following infographic.