If you want to add some activity to your life in a fun way, irrespective of whether you’re on a vacay or at home, tennis might be the game for you. And laying your hands on a quality racket is a good starting point. The best tennis rackets for women are designed to enhance your gameplay by suiting your physical abilities.
First-timers find it overwhelming to choose an ideal racket as there are several aspects one needs to consider to make the right choice and fall in love with the sport. We’re here to help by making the task easier for you. Here’s a list of the best-selling tennis rackets for women that will make your practice sessions and games much more enjoyable.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Tennis Rackets For Women
1. Best Lightweight: Fostoy Adult Tennis Racket
The tennis racket by Fostoy is available in a pack of two and is crafted for beginners and intermediate players alike. The racket has been designed incorporating integrated forming technology for optimal performance and has a 27-inch body. As it is made of lightweight aluminum fiber, you can play on for hours without the racket tiring your hands. The high thread weight, tighter threads, and high elasticity make this women’s tennis racket powerful and a favorite of many.
- Lightweight and durable
- Triple-shock absorption
- Comfortable handle with an overgrip tape
- Suitable for all ages
- Set includes a bag and two vibration dampers
- Grip tape may come off upon coming in contact with sweat
2. Best Open String: Senston Tennis Racket For Women
Make your tennis practice sessions more enjoyable with this stylish and high-performance women’s tennis racquet. This is the ideal choice if you’re a beginner and need a reliable tennis racket that offers a stable grip. It is designed with one-piece molded technology, which imparts good stroke control while adding power to your swings. Opt for the Senston tennis racket to level up your game with a good hit acceleration.
- Open string pattern for better spin
- Lightweight and impact-resistant
- Easy to hold and swing
- Durable construction
- Set includes a cover, vibration damper, and overgrip
- May not be suitable for professionals
3. Best Easy Control: Oppum Pro Tennis Racket
All it takes to love a sport is the right equipment, and the Oppum women’s tennis racket ticks all the right boxes. With a unique flat frame structure, this racket offers high performance and easy control and is aesthetically pleasing. The aluminum and carbon fiber material and wooden handle add longevity to this racket. In addition, the set includes two tennis rackets and a high-quality tennis bag, making it a cost-effective choice.
- Comfortable overgrip tape
- Transparent strings
- Comes with attractive patterns
- One-piece molded technology
- Triple-shock absorption
- Beginners might find it heavy
4. Best For Recreation: Teloon Recreational Tennis Rackets For Women
Stay active during your weekends by taking up tennis with the best women’s tennis rackets by Teloon. Whether you want to practice to ace a game or intend to play for recreation, this tennis racket would not disappoint. With an ideal length of 27in and a head size of 102in², the racket is designed to offer balance and stability. The handle is made of wood to ensure durability and high performance and is designed to offer good shock absorption.
- One-piece molded racket structure
- Optimal weight for powerful hits
- Comes with a roll of overgrip and a bag
- Available in various color options
- Strap of the tennis bag may not be durable
5. Best With Shockproof Sweatband: Lunnade Adult Tennis Racket
If your preference when shopping for the best tennis racquets for women is one that offers excellent grip and stability, the Lunnade tennis racket is made for you. The racket features a PU foaming material grip with a shockproof sweatband to ensure it stays secure in your hand even after hours of practice on a hot day. Threaded by professional stringers, the racket is made to endure hard hits and intense swings. Further, its matte black body and few sprinkles make it elegant.
- Lightweight design
- Expanded sweet spot
- One-piece structure for stability and shock absorption
- Increases hit rate
- Comes in four color options
- May not be ideal for professionals
6. Best With Transparent Strings: Layway 2-Player Tennis Rackets
The Layway tennis racquet for women comes in a set of two, along with a portable racket cover, two handle grips, and two tennis balls. The pre-strung racket features durable transparent strings with optimal tension to ease the pressure on your hand and help you master the art of executing drops and bounces efficiently. Besides, the handle offers a good grip, and the overgrip wrapping is soft, strong, and shockproof.
- Less racket vibration
- Lightweight design
- Does not lose tension easily
- Large sweet spot
- No other color options
7. Best Durable Frame: Babolat Evoke 102 Women’s Tennis Racket
Style meets performance with the Babolat Evoke 102 tennis racket for women. Made for recreational tennis games and players ready to get serious about the sport, the racket boasts a durable frame made of fused graphite. It has a standard length of 27in and weighs 420g, making it easy to hold the racket for long periods without exhausting the hand.
- Lightweight design
- Pre-strung tennis racket
- Optimal balance
- Colorful head
- Not suitable for professional use
8. Best Shock-Absorbing: Litian Tennis Racket
Never miss a shot with the Litian tennis racket that features a large sweet spot. Made of aluminum alloy and powered by one-piece molded technology, the racket is durable. The unique features that set it apart from its conventional counterparts are its concave air tube and protective ball line, which add to its durability. The overgrip of the racket is non-slip, which means you don’t have to worry about sweaty palms affecting your performance.
- Shock-absorbing grip
- Comfortable to use
- Comes with replacement sweatbands
- Attractive design
- Overgrip may require frequent replacement
9. Best For Intermediate Players: Odear Tennis Racket
Designed to suit beginner and intermediate tennis players, the Odear tennis racket has a large head size to help you nail your shots. The mid-weight frame makes it easy to swing the racket without much effort. Made of graphite compounds, the racket boasts heavy-duty construction, and the strong yet comfortable grip prevents your hands from chafing and offers sweat protection.
- Offers stability
- Offers flexibility and control
- Shock-reducing design
- Set includes a bag, shock absorber, and overgrip
- Strings may loosen over time
10. Best Design: Wilson Federer Pro Staff Precision Tennis Racket
If you’re a beginner at tennis, the Wilson Federer Pro Staff Precision tennis racket is a good place to start. It offers top-notch performance with a thoughtfully designed head and handle. The shaft of the tennis racket is made of aluminum, which ensures the racket lasts several years. Designed to be appealing and stylish, it combines a red head and black handle.
- Easy to hold
- Comes with a tennis bag
- Extra length for extended court coverage
- Offers good control
- Some may find the racket a tad light
How To Choose The Right Tennis Racket For Women?
Choosing a tennis racket for women is all about paying attention to the design. While some obvious factors that impact your performance are lightweight construction and durability, here are some additional aspects worth considering.
- Grip: The grip is one of the most important features worth considering when buying a tennis racket. Your tennis racket should have an ergonomic grip so that the racket stays in your hand without slipping when you’re aiming for the best shots. Look for rackets with sweat-resistant overgrips or patterned grips for a good experience.
- Head size and length: The head of the racket should ideally be 102in² so that the sweet spot is larger. This means that when the ball comes your way, the racket covers more area so that you miss no shots. Additionally, a racket length of 27in is considered ideal as it offers balance and stability when using it.
- Color: Choosing a tennis racket that matches your style and has colors of your choice can make you look forward to playing tennis. Settle for tennis rackets that feature beautiful patterns on the string.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah, the author of this post, is passionate about sports and adventure and loves reviewing different sports equipment to help his readers make an informed buying decision. His research process involves assessing products based on several parameters to bring the bests to his readers. Wedetso has listed the best tennis rackets for women and has highlighted their specifications and features in this article. He has also added a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I get a heavy or light tennis racket?
For beginners, settling for a lighter tennis racket is always recommended as it helps you understand how to maintain a good grip without exerting too much force. A lightweight racket also means playing for longer durations without being exhausted.
2. Is there a difference between men’s and women’s tennis rackets?
The main difference between men’s and women’s tennis rackets boils down to their design. Rackets are generally crafted based on the skill levels of players, such as beginners, intermediates, and professionals, and not gender.
3. What is the ideal size of a woman’s tennis racket?
The ideal woman’s tennis racket should be around 27in in length, with a head size of 102in to ensure you don’t miss any shots.
Picking the right tennis racket is all about your skillsets. If you’re a beginner or choose to play the game as a recreational activity, opting for tennis rackets that don’t weigh down your hand or feel too heavy is recommended. Women’s tennis rackets made of aluminum and graphite and those that are tightly strung offer good performance while proving to be durable. And if you’re someone who takes style and looks seriously, our list of the best tennis rackets for women also gives you plenty of options to choose from based on your preferences.