When your toddler reaches around 15 months, you will notice them trying to use things the right way, and by the time they reach three years, they would more or less learn how to use a fork (1) (2). And as toddlers tend to show a tendency to become more independent, it is only right that you invest in the best toddler forks to help them eat independently. While finding the right toddler fork and spoon might not seem as complicated a buying process, you should consider several factors when shopping because you want your child to enjoy their mealtimes.
Keep scrolling as we have listed the best toddler forks from trusted brands and provided a comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the right fork for your little one.
No products Found
11 Best Toddler Forks
1. Best Overall: Munchkin Toddler Forks And Spoons
You can now make your toddler’s transition from spoon-feeding to self-feeding easier with these colorful Munchkin toddler forks and spoons that come in a set of three each. The base of each fork and spoon is designed to keep the tip off the table and other surfaces and ensure the utensil is germ-free. These learning forks and spoons are ergonomically designed to fit tiny hands, and since they have been crafted using plastic and stainless steel, washing and storing them is a breeze.
- Ergonomic design
- Dishwasher safe
- May be wider than you expect
2. Best Unbreakable: Prestee Clear Plastic Forks
Prestee Clear Plastic Forks come in a pack of 300 pieces. This could be a great toddler utensil investment as children keep losing their forks when taking them to school or daycare. The forks are unbreakable, built to last, and easy to clean. Disposal of these forks is simple, just dispose of them in the bin and use a new one when your toddler is ready for their next meal. In addition, the forks are BPA-free, so they are safe for your children.
- Good resistance to bending
- Easy to hold
- Can be used for various occasions
- May be smaller than expected
- May not be oven-safe as claimed
3. Best Appealing: Zak Designs Minnie Mouse Fork And Spoon
If your child is a Minnie Mouse fan, this is the best toddler fork and spoon set worth considering. The cute utensils are designed to fit your little one’s hands to a tee and feature contoured handles to prevent them from slipping off the hands. They feature dual colors—pink on the front with a Minnie Mouse graphic and purple on the back. Invest in this toddler utensil set to let your toddler look forward to their mealtimes and encourage independent eating.
- BPA-free plastic
- Soft material for a comfortable hold
- Textured grip
- Stickers may peel after a few washes
4. Best Food-Grade: Kirecoo 2-Set Toddler Utensils
This Kirecoo utensil set featuring the best toddler fork and spoon can be your perfect companion when teaching your child good table manners. The fork and spoon are made of 100% food-grade stainless steel and safe plastic and feature curved handles that make them super easy to grab. You can carry the fork and spoon conveniently as you get a bonus two-piece travel case to keep the tableware clean and hygienic when on the go.
- Free of lead, latex, and phthalates
- Easy to clean
- Free of sharp edges
- Deep spoon bowl for easy scooping
- Some may find the spoon and fork a little too wide
5. Best Rust-Resistant: GlossyEnd 9-Piece Stainless Steel Kids Forks
These are the best toddler training forks if you like your silverware free of plastic handles. The set of nine tried-and-tested forks features a fun engraving that will appeal to your little one. Children are prone to dropping their forks and spoons as they learn to eat independently. However, these sturdy forks will not form dents or chips upon hitting the floor. Besides, they are free of any hazardous materials.
- Features rounded tines and edges
- Does not scratch
- Does not corrode
- Dishwasher safe
- May be thinner than you expect
6. Best BPA-Free: Nuk First Essentials Kiddy Cutlery Forks
The Nuk First Essentials kiddy cutlery forks come in a pack of three vibrant blue forks and are made of durable, BPA-free material, ensuring safety. It features a unique design and has rest-easy support on the back of the handle to keep the germs off the fork and prevent the table from getting messy. Furthermore, it is available in other appealing colors, and you can choose your child’s favorite color to encourage them to use these forks on their own.
- Blunt spokes
- Comfortable grip
- Soft-coated handle
- Some may find them large
7. Best Dishwasher-Safe: ECR4Kids My First Meal Pal Toddler Forks
The pack of three toddler forks by ECR4Kids are dishwasher-safe and feature an easy-to-grip handle that is soft and comfortable for your little one’s tiny hands. Each fork has a built-in support on the back to keep the food and germs off the utensil. This stainless steel, ergonomic fork is ideal for promoting self-feeding and food exploration, and they can be used in school and daycare as well.
- Made of food-grade material
- BPA- and phthalate-free
- Hones fine motor skills
- CPSIA-certified and FDA-compliant
- May not be available in colors
8. Best Scratch-Resistant: Annova Kids Flatware Set
Made of mirror-polished stainless steel, the Annova Kids Flatware set comprises 12 pieces of scratch-resistant, rust-, and dent-free forks. The forks have a conventional design with rounded fork tines, and they come in an adorable size that is safe and comfortable for your child to use. Furthermore, this set is also suitable for birthday or baby shower events as well.
- Durable and sturdy material
- Doesn’t break or chip
- Available in several finishes
- Coating may come off over time
9. Best Ergonomic: Lehoo Castle Toddler Silverware
The Lehoo Castle toddler silverware includes two forks, spoons, and knives, each to help toddlers learn how to slice, grip, and eat different foods. These toddler utensils are constructed to be durable and are free of BPA, making them a safe choice for your children. The forks, spoons, and knives come in different colors and patterns that your tots are sure to love. As they are ergonomically designed and have no sharp edges, you can allow your child to eat independently using this tried-and-tested set without worrying about the utensils hurting them.
- Made of stainless steel and ABS plastic
- Made to fit small hands
- Ideal for all types of foods
- Cannot be washed in a dishwasher
10. Best With Easy-Grip Handles: WeeSprout Toddler Utensils
The WeeSprouts toddler utensils is a set of six silverware, including three forks and three spoons with thick, grip-friendly silicone handles for the baby’s small hands. The set can be used to facilitate self feeding. Each utensil is made of stainless steel material, mimicking adult utensils that help with smooth transition to adult kitchenware. With their appropriate length and soft edges, these utensils do not go too far into the mouth and are gentle on the gums and growing teeth of your child.
- Food-grade silicone
- Child-safe design
- Available in multiple colors
- Dishwasher safe
- Spokes may be too rounded
- Spoons may not have enough depth
11. Best Lightweight: Chumia 9-Piece Toddler Forks
The Chumia toddler forks are a high-quality choice to make mealtimes hassle-free for parents and toddlers. Made of 304 stainless steel with safe plastic handles, these forks don’t get rusted or frayed. Your child can eat warm and cold foods with these forks as they’re heat-resistant and freezer safe. Furthermore, they are BPA-free and dishwasher safe, making them safe for tiny tots while being easy to clean.
- Compact and lightweight
- Rounded and smooth tips for a safe experience
- Suitable for gifting
- May be slightly wide
How To Choose The Right Toddler Fork?
Choosing a toddler fork becomes easier if you consider certain factors when making a decision.
- Size and weight: Toddler utensils are supposed to make the transition from spoon-feeding to independent eating easy for babies. Therefore, the forks should be designed to fit their hands and mouth without feeling heavy. Choose a set of toddler spoons and forks made of stainless steel and lightweight, safe plastic for the best experience.
- Ergonomic handle: An ergonomic handle ensures a good grip, so the utensil does not slip off your child’s hands. It also offers a comfortable grip for your child to finish their meal without causing a strain on their fingers or hands. You can look for toddler forks and spoons with ridges and contours to ensure the fork is easy to grip.
- Safe material: Rule out toddler utensils made of materials that contain BPA, lead, and phthalates. While stainless steel cutlery is the best option, it might be heavier than its plastic counterparts. Therefore, you can consider toddler forks and spoons with high-quality ABS plastic handles and stainless steel fork tines. You may also consider fork sets that are certified safe by regulatory bodies.
- Rounded tines: Forks with sharp tips, while suitable for adults to easily pick foods, can hurt toddlers. Therefore, start with forks that have rounded tines. Once your child has better control over their hand and is comfortable eating food with their fork, you can switch to forks with relatively sharper tines that pierce through foods easily.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is an experienced writer and product reviewer who strives to make parenting easier for moms and dads. In this article, she has listed the best toddler forks worth considering if your child is over 15 months old. She has sifted through various forums and reliable e-commerce websites to curate this list of products with exceptional user reviews and ratings. Further, she has included a comprehensive buying guide and answered some common questions to help you make an informed buying decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What foods are best to start self-feeding with a fork?
It is best to start with foods that are easy to cut, grab with forks, or smush when you teach your little one how to self-feed with a fork. Boiled eggs and fruits such as mangoes, bananas, kiwis, avocados, and peaches are great options.
2. Can a two-year-old be given a fork?
Children between the ages of 15 months and 36 months slowly develop their fine motor skills that allow them to use a fork with stable hands. If your child finds it difficult to eat using a fork, you can begin with a spoon before switching to forks to make it easier for them to use the utensil.
3. At what age should a toddler use a fork?
While you can introduce your toddlers to forks at around15 months, you can assess your child’s motor skills and make a better decision based on their comfort level.
The best toddler forks can make your life as a parent much easier as your child starts eating independently. Choose the right fork to encourage them to eat by themselves and enjoy the process. Children are drawn to colors, so you can look for colorful forks with cute patterns and images. Finally, choose forks made of safe and durable materials and ensure they are ergonomically designed for easy grabbing. So, go ahead and add some cute and safe forks to your cart and enjoy watching your toddler munching on their favorite foods.
Infographic: Buying Guide For Toddler Forks
Toddlers as young as fifteen months old are independent enough to self-feed, making it the appropriate age for introducing cutlery, such as forks. However, several factors should be considered when choosing these forks to ensure your child’s safety. Go through the infographic to make an informed choice.
- Important Milestones: Your Baby By Fifteen Months
- Important Milestones: Your Baby By Thirty Months