The best toilet seat is one that is comfortable to sit on and is not loose or shaky. It is also easy to lift or close and stays where you would want them to stay. Also, it is one that is made of premium material that doesn’t get stained fast and is easy to wipe and clean. In this post, we list some toilet seats that meet most of these criteria.
Keeping your bathroom and toilet clean and shiny is crucial for your health. And we feel more comfortable using a clean and properly kept bathroom compared to a dingy one. Thus, you need a good toilet seat that is easy to clean and maintain. Keep reading this post and bring home the best ones.
11 Best Toilet Seats
1. Best Grip-Tight Bumpers: Kohler Cachet Elongated Toilet Seat
Bring home this toilet seat that provides great comfort, thanks to its grip-tight bumpers that add stability and prevent the seat from shifting from its place. Also, the seat makes no slamming noise while it slowly closes and can be opened easily. You can conveniently remove the hinges to separate the seat from the bowl to make toilet cleaning convenient. And with its quick attach feature, this product can be securely installed without the requirement of any tools. This solid, elongated, and oval-shaped seat is made of durable plastic and is known for being durable.
- Almond finish
- Fits all elongated bowl seats
- Quite-close technology
- Quick-release hinges
- One-year warranty
- Lid may be lightweight and slightly flimsy
- Hinges may be slightly noisy
2. Best Fade-Resistant: Delta Faucet Morgan Elongated Slow-Close Toilet Seat
Lay your hands on this toilet seat that is convenient and simple. The Delta Faucet Morgan toilet seat is easy to install and gives your bathroom a good appearance. It comes with a slow-close feature that enables the seat to close quietly without producing a slamming noise. Also, its non-slip bumpers make the seat comfortable, preventing shifting or moving of the toilet seat. This product has a durable construction and resists fading, peeling, staining, and chipping.
- Compatible with elongated toilet seats
- Clear instructions
- Easy to clean
- Bright white finish
- Hardware may be flimsy
- May be small for some toilets
3. Best Stain-Resistant: Bath Royale Premium Round Toilet Seat – White
Tired of that loud slam your toilet seat makes while closing? If yes, get this round seat that closes slowly and quietly without any need of bending to close the lid. And if you are in a hurry, you can force push it to close as well. This toilet seat has a quick-release feature that detaches the seat from the bowl to let you clean the toilet properly and keep your bathroom smelling fresh and germ-free.
This seat is made of polypropylene, which means it is lightweight, durable, stain-resistant, and non-absorbent. Also, this product includes four seat bumpers and stainless steel mounting hardware that does not allow the seat to move or shift. Click here to check out a detailed review of this product.
- Does not chip, fade, or peel
- Seat bumpers distribute weight evenly
- High-gloss finish
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Available in oval and round shapes
- May not be scratch-resistant
- Caps may cover the hinge area
4. Best Removable: Church Elongated Toilet Seat
Looking for enameled wood toilet seats? If yes, opt for the Church Elongated Toilet Seat made of multi-coated enamel wood with a high glossy finish. The material is long-lasting and durable, which means it is resistant to scratching, chipping, and peeling. And if you are a cleanliness freak, this product will make you happy because of its quick seat removal feature that makes toilet cleaning convenient and lets you maintain hygiene. The removable toilet seat also comes with ring bumpers, plastic hinges, wing nuts, and non-corrosive bolts to make it easy to use in residential places. Here’s a review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Twist hinges for easy locking and unlocking
- White finish
- Seat slopes inwards
- Available in different colors
- Wing nuts may be flimsy
- May not be soft-close
5. Best Firmly-Placed: Mayfair Cameron Round Toilet Seat – Black
If you don’t want to go with the standard white surface that most toilet seats come in, this round black seat might interest you. With a high-gloss finish, this molded wood toilet seat is worth every penny. The product can give a classy appearance to your bathroom, and thanks to its high-quality material, this enameled wood lid resists scratching and chipping. You can easily clean it by separating the seat, and it can be quickly installed without any hassle. Besides, this toilet seat comes with a STA-TITE seat fastening system that keeps it firmly in one place.
- Easy to latch and unlatch
- Compatible with Kohler, Toto, and American Standard toilets
- Seat stays firm
- Made with earth-friendly materials
- Hinges may be made of plastic
- Paint may chip
6. Best Easy-To-Install: Sanilo Molded Wood Round Toilet Seat – Rustic
Looking to add a unique touch to your bathroom? End your search right here. The Sanilo Molded Wood Round Toilet Seat has a rustic appearance, which makes the seat look extravagant, and its high-quality workmanship gives it a smooth and glossy surface. This product is a slow-close seat with durable and sturdy hinges that keep the seat stable. It is easy to install and has a long shelf life, which means you can enjoy excellent seating comfort for several years.
- Fits all round bowls
- Smooth surface with a decent finish
- Supports weight up to 440 pounds
- Prevents sliding
- Available in several cool designs
- May not be cushioned
- May not come with a quick-release system
7. Best For Kids: Umien 2-in-1 Elongated Toilet Seat – White
This 2-in-1 toilet seat is a must-have if you have a toddler who needs potty training. Instead of buying a separate small toilet seat for your kid, you can get this product that includes a built-in toddler seat and an adult-size seat. Both the seats are comfortable and can be detached for cleaning. The small-sized seat is magnetically attached to the adult seat, making it safe with zero wiggle movements for your child. Made of high-quality plastic, this convertible seat is sturdy and comes as a boon to all the parents out there.
- Safe for tiny fingers
- Bumpers prevent seat sliding
- Potty training seat embeds smoothly with toilet cover
- May not be compatible with a camper toilet seat
- Magnets may not withstand rough use
8. Best Marble-Finish: J&V Textiles Round Toilet Seat – Beige
Give your bathroom a makeover with this designer wooden seat that gives a marble-finish look to your toilet seat. Its sturdy and rustic appearance helps in making your bathroom look modern and stylish. With a soft surface, this modern toilet offers great comfort. You will not need to call someone to fit this lid as it can be quickly fixed, thanks to its protected hinges and two brackets for mounting it securely. This is an ideal product for all bathroom decor lovers who would like to shift from plain white toilet seats.
- Quick-release system for easy cleaning
- Non-slip seat bumpers
- No-slam design
- Available in different colors
- Plastic hinges may not be highly durable
9. Best Peel-Resistant: Bemis Toilet Seat – Ice Grey
Round toilet seats are preferred by people who look to save space. And Bemis enameled wood toilet seat is one of those products, and its shape is not the only great feature the seat offers. This product can be replaced, detached, and cleaned without any hassle. The toilet seat is long-lasting and resistant to scratching and peeling due to its premium enameled wood material that delivers a glossy finish.
- Twist-lock hinges
- Non-corrosive bolts and wing nuts
- Ring bumpers to secure the seat
- Compatible with TOTO, Kohler, and American Standard toilets
- May not be soft-close
- Locking cap may be a bit flimsy
10. Best Environmentally-Friendly: WSSRogy Elongated Toilet Seat – White
This elongated toilet seat closes with one soft tap on the lid without requiring you to bend. It does not slam or create any kind of noise while closing slowly by itself. Also, the high-quality self-closing seat does not peel or fade over time because it is made of environment-friendly polypropylene plastic that lasts long. Enhance your comfort with this toilet seat that also includes metal and plastic screws along with two rubber pads for extra protection to the hinge.
- Small gap for easy opening
- Doesn’t fade, peel, or crack
- Ergonomic design
- May not fit firmly on certain toilet seats
- Seat may be slightly thin
11. Best Quiet-Close: Hibbent Premium Round Toilet Seat
The round toilet seat by Hibbent can support up to 400lb weight and is made of high-quality polypropylene plastic that is non-absorbent and resistant to chemicals. Its quiet-close design prevents slamming noise every time you use it and is also safe for children. The 360-degree adjustable hole distance provides a perfect fit and is suitable for most toilet bowls. The simple screw-in design ensures easy installation–once the screws are in, you can quickly attach the two-piece toilet seat effortlessly. Also, it features a one-click side button for easy removal and cleaning.
- Comes with all needed hardware
- Non-slip seat
- Stays sturdy and stable
- Stain-resistant material
- Compatible with round toilets of major brands
- Seat may be slightly wobbly on some bowls
- Some may find the instructions confusing
If you are still confused about what sort of toilet seat you should get for your bathroom, this useful buying guide will make your search easier.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Toilet Seat?
- Shape: Toilet bowls generally are available in 2 shapes— round and elongated. To pick the right seat, you should know what kind of shape the bowl is. A round bowl measures about 16.5 inches and an elongated bowl measures between 18 to 18.5 inches.
- Installation: Fixing a regular toilet seat might take some time and you may have to call someone for help. Therefore, you should choose those seats which are easy to install and can be removed quickly as well. This saves time and helps in cleaning the toilet properly.
- Material: Always go with high-end materials when it comes to bathroom products. Poor quality reduces the product’s shelf life and gives a dull look to your washroom. Also, durability and sturdiness are very important when it comes to toilet seats.
- Soft-close: The loud noise of slamming the toilet seat is one of the most annoying things that one prefers to get rid of. So, pick those toilet seats that come with a soft-close mechanism. This prevents it from slamming, instead, it closes by itself noiselessly and slowly.
- Firm fix: Nobody likes when the toilet seat moves or shifts when you sit on it. Therefore, choose a seat with superior quality bumpers that prevent movements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best toilet seats after comparing different products and considering user reviews and ratings. These toilet seats are available in elongated and round shapes and are easy to clean, maintain, and install. Moreover, we have also included a buying guide mentioning the factors you should consider when choosing a toilet seat. These products are durable, long-lasting, and chosen based on customer feedback for an unbiased opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum weight that a standard toilet seat can hold?
The maximum weight that a standard toilet seat can hold is 300 pounds, and if it exceeds the limit, the seat can crack or shift from its place.
2. How often do you replace toilet seats?
In general, toilet seats can be replaced in 5 years, however, many of them can last more than that.
3. Are wood or plastic toilet seats better?
Both these toilet seats have their merits and demerits. Wooden seats are heavier but sturdy, and add a touch of luxury to your bathroom, while plastic seats have a longer shelf life and tend to be lightweight.
Toilet seats are an essential component of a toilet that makes it convenient to sit comfortably and ensures the toilet stays clean and dry. A toilet seat is considered good when it is easy to install, does not shake or move, and opens and closes easily. Finding a high-quality toilet seat made of durable material can save you from the hassle of reinvesting in another toilet seat too soon. Since most toilets are either round or elongated, make sure that you check the shape of your toilet before settling for a toilet seat of a specific shape.