The best toilet seat is one that is comfortable to sit on and is not loose or shaky. It is also easy to lift or close and it stays where you would want them to stay. Also, it is one that is made of premium material that doesn’t get stained fast and is easy to wipe and clean. In this post, we list some toilet seats that meet most of these criteria.
Keeping your bathroom and toilet clean and shiny is crucial for your health. And comfortable toilet seats are more convenient to sustain a clean and properly kept bathroom compared to dingy ones. Thus, you need a good toilet seat that is easy to clean and maintain. Keep reading this post and bring home the best ones with several additional features.
11 Best Toilet Seats
1. Best Grip-Tight Bumpers: Kohler Cachet Elongated Toilet Seat
Bring home this toilet seat that is reliable and comfortable, thanks to its grip-tight bumpers that add stability and prevent the seat from shifting from its place. Also, the seat makes no slamming noise while it slowly closes and can be opened easily. You can conveniently remove the hinges to separate the seat from the bowl to make toilet cleaning convenient and maintain a hygienic bathroom. And with its quick attach feature, this soft-close toilet seat can be securely installed without the requirement of any tools. This solid, elongated, and oval-shaped seat is made of durable plastic and is known for being durable.
- Almond finish
- Fits all elongated bowl seats
- Quite-close technology
- Quick-release hinges
- One-year warranty
- Toilet lid may be lightweight and slightly flimsy
- Hinges may be slightly noisy
Review: A user says, “I’m pleased with the Kohler Cachet elongated toilet seat. Its soft-close lid is a fantastic feature, preventing slamming noises. Cleaning it is a breeze, stains are non-existent, and the seat is easy to install.”
2. Best Fade-Resistant: Delta Faucet Morgan Elongated Slow-Close Toilet Seat
Lay your hands on this toilet seat that is convenient and simple. The Delta Faucet Morgan toilet seat comes with a fast installation process and gives your bathroom a good appearance. This elongated seat comes with a slow-close feature that enables the seat to close quietly without producing a slamming noise. Also, its non-slip bumpers make a comfortable toilet seat, preventing shifting or moving of the toilet seat. Being one of the most durable soft-close toilet seats, it resists fading, peeling, staining, and chipping for long-lasting use.
- Compatible with elongated toilet bowls
- Clear instructions
- Easy to clean
- Bright white finish
- Hardware may be flimsy
- May be small for some toilets
Review: A reviewer writes, “I’m pleasantly surprised by the Delta Faucet Morgan elongated toilet seat. Installation is easy, and the slim design and soft-close feature are great. I wonder why I didn’t get it sooner. Highly recommended for its convenience and ease of use!”
3. Best Stain-Resistant: Bath Royale Premium Round Toilet Seat – White
Tired of that annoying slamming noise your toilet seat makes while closing? If yes, get this round seat that closes slowly and quietly without any need of bending to close the toilet lid. And if you are in a hurry, you can force push it to close as well. This toilet seat has a quick-release feature that detaches the seat from the bowl to let you clean the toilet properly and keep your washroom smelling fresh and germ-free.
This seat is made of polypropylene, which means it is lightweight, durable, stain-resistant, and non-absorbent. Also, this product includes four seat bumpers and stainless steel mounting hardware that does not allow the seat to move or shift. Click here to check out a detailed review of this product.
- Does not chip, fade, or peel
- Seat bumpers distribute weight evenly
- Superior high-gloss finish
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Available in oval and round shapes
- May not be scratch-resistant
- Caps may cover the hinge area
Review: A reviewer says, “I’m impressed with the Bath Royale premium round toilet seat’s quality and soft-close feature. A manufacturer’s video provided a quick fix to the issues I faced when installing it. The seat is a good choice for those looking for a cost-effective option.”
Kohler Cachet Elongated Toilet Seat
Best Grip-Tight Bumpers
Delta Faucet Morgan Elongated Slow-Close Toilet Seat
Bath Royale Premium Round Toilet Seat - White
|Weight||5 Pounds||4.25 Pounds||3.3 Pounds|
|Dimensions||18.06"L x 14.31"W||18.5"L x 14"W||16.5"L x 14"W|
4. Best Removable: Church Elongated Toilet Seat
Looking for enameled wood toilet seats? If yes, opt for the Church Elongated Toilet Seat made of multi-coated enamel wood with a high glossy finish. Made of earth-friendly reliable material, it is long-lasting, durable, and resistant to scratching, chipping, and peeling. And if you are a cleanliness freak, this product will make you happy because of its quick seat removal feature that makes toilet cleaning convenient and lets you maintain hygiene. The removable wooden toilet seat also comes with ring bumpers, plastic hinges, wing nuts, and non-corrosive bolts to make it easy to use in residential places. These features allow this product to be one of the best toilet seats of recent times. Here’s a review video showcasing a tester’s experience, which will help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Twist hinges for easy locking and unlocking
- White finish
- Seat slopes inwards
- Available in different colors
- Wing nuts may be flimsy
- May not be soft-close
Review: According to a user, “It’s a solid replacement that freshened up my bathroom. I’m quite satisfied with the Church elongated toilet seat. The installation was a breeze, and it is sturdy, unlike my previous toiler seat. It is also easy to clean, though I wish it could be stain-proof.”
5. Best Firmly-Placed: Mayfair Cameron Round Toilet Seat – Black
If you don’t want to go with the standard white surface that most toilet seats come in, this round black seat might interest you. With a superior high-gloss finish, this molded wood toilet seat is worth every penny. The time-tested product can give a classy appearance to your bathroom, and thanks to its high-quality material, this enameled wood lid resists scratching and chipping. With the fast installation feature, you can easily set this up without any hassle and also clean it by separating the seat. Besides, this toilet seat comes with a STA-TITE seat fastening system that keeps it firmly in one place.
- Easy to latch and unlatch
- Compatible with Kohler, Toto, and American Standard toilets
- Seat stays firm
- Made with earth-friendly materials
- Hinges may be made of plastic
- Paint may chip
Review: A user writes, “The Mayfair Cameron round toilet seat in black is a fantastic choice and has been a stylish addition to my bathroom. It has a unique torque system that ensures a secure fit and has proven to be sturdy, comfortable, and easy to clean over nine months of use.”
6. Best Easy-To-Install: Sanilo Molded Wood Round Toilet Seat – Rustic
Looking to add a unique touch to your washroom? End your search right here. The Sanilo Molded Wood Round Toilet Seat has a rustic appearance, which makes the seat look extravagant, and its high-quality workmanship gives it a smooth and glossy surface. This product is considered one of the most durable toilet seats and is tested to withstand repetitive use, thanks to the slow-close seat design and sturdy hinges that make it stable and long-lasting. This high-quality toilet seat is easy to install and has a long shelf life, which means you can enjoy premium comfort for several years.
- Fits all round bowls
- Offers ease of installation
- Smooth surface with a decent finish
- Supports weight up to 440 pounds
- Prevents sliding
- Available in several cool and attractive designs
- May not be cushioned
- May not come with a quick-release system
Review: According to a user, “I’m pleased to have found the Sanilo Molded Wood round toilet seat in a rustic style—it complements my decor perfectly. Although the seat isn’t scratch-proof, it’s a quality choice and is easy to install. ”
7. Best For Kids: Umien 2-in-1 Elongated Toilet Seat – White
This 2-in-1 toilet seat is a must-have if you have a toddler who needs potty training. Instead of buying a separate small toilet seat for your kid, you can get this product that includes a built-in toddler seat and an adult-size seat. Both the seats offer maximum comfort and can be detached for convenient cleaning as well. The small-sized seat is magnetically attached to the adult seat, making it safe with zero wiggle movements for your child. Made of high-quality plastic, this convertible seat for elongated toilet bowls is sturdy and comes as a boon to all the parents out there.
- Safe for tiny fingers
- Bumpers prevent seat sliding
- Potty training seat embeds smoothly with toilet cover
- May not be compatible with a camper toilet seat
- Magnets may not withstand rough use
Review: A user says, “The Umien 2-in-1 elongated toilet seat has been a great purchase. It was easy to install and has made potty training my son easier. It’s perfect for our camping lifestyle as it eliminates the need for separate potty seats.”
8. Best Marble-Finish: J&V Textiles Round Toilet Seat – Beige
Give your washroom a makeover with this designer wooden toilet seat that gives a marble-finish look to your toilet seat. Its sturdy and rustic appearance helps in making your bathroom look modern and stylish. With a soft surface, this modern toilet is the right choice to cater to your comfort level. You will not need to call someone to fit this toilet lid as it can be quickly fixed, thanks to its protected hinges and two brackets for mounting it securely. This is an ideal product for all washroom decor lovers who would like to shift from plain white toilet seats.
- Quick-release system for easy cleaning
- Non-slip seat bumpers
- No-slam design
- Available in different colors
- Plastic hinges may not be highly durable
Review: According to a reviewer, “This toilet seat fits perfectly into round toilets and the installation is smooth. It requires occasional tightening, but apart from this minor issue, its appearance and ease of cleaning make it a highly recommended choice.”
9. Best With Quiet-Close Mechanism: Kohler 4636-RL-0 Cachet Elongated Toilet Seat
This toilet seat by Kohler is ideal for nighttime use as it closes silently. The included grip-tight installation hardware ensures easy and secure fastening of the seat, and the ReadyLatch hinge provides quick locking and unlocking functionality. Furthermore, the elongated seat is designed with an easy removal mechanism for efficient cleaning. The convenient features and user-friendly design make this toilet seat a practical choice for any bathroom.
- Contoured design for comfort
- Mess-free installation
- Adjustable mount
- Stays in place
- Plastic may be a bit flimsy
- May not feature a slow-close mechanism
Review: A reviewer writes, “Choosing this Kohler Elongated toilet seat was one of the best decisions I made last year. Cleaning it is a breeze, and unlike traditional seats, it is stain-resistant. It’s worth noting that this toilet seat may not be compatible with certain toilet designs.”
10. Best Environmentally-Friendly: WSSRogy Elongated Toilet Seat – White
This elongated toilet seat closes with one soft tap on the toilet lid without requiring you to bend. It does not slam or create any kind of noise while closing slowly by itself. Also, the high-quality self-closing seat does not peel or fade over time because it is made of environment-friendly polypropylene plastic that lasts long. This comfortable and high-quality toilet seat also includes metal and plastic screws along with two rubber pads for extra protection to the hinge.
- Small gap for easy opening
- Doesn’t fade, peel, or crack
- Ergonomic design
- May not fit firmly on certain toilet seats
- Seat may be slightly thin
Review: According to a user, “I’m pleased with the WSSRogy toilet seat. It comes with clear instructions for installation, and its slow-close feature, quality, and comfort exceeded my expectations. A fantastic purchase I would say.”
11. Best Quiet-Close: Hibbent Premium Round Toilet Seat
The round toilet seat by Hibbent can support up to 400lb weight and is made of high-quality polypropylene plastic that is non-absorbent and resistant to chemicals. Its quiet-close design prevents slamming noise every time you use it and is also safe for children. The 360-degree adjustable hole distance provides the perfect fit and is suitable for most toilet models. The simple screw-in design ensures easy and fast installation – once the screws are in, you can quickly attach the two-piece toilet seat effortlessly. Also, it features a one-click side button for easy removal and cleaning, enabling you to maintain a hygienic bathroom.
- Comes with all needed hardware
- Non-slip seat
- Simple design offers ease of installation
- Stays sturdy and stable
- Stain-resistant material
- Compatible with round toilets of major brands
- Seat may be slightly wobbly on some bowls
- Some may find the instructions confusing
Review: A tester says, “The Hibbent premium round toilet seat has high-quality hardware that ensures a secure fit and is easy to remove for cleaning. Although it may be a bit on the expensive side, its comfort and well-constructed design make it a good upgrade to the bathroom.”
If you are still confused about what sort of toilet seat you should get for your bathroom, this useful buying guide will make your search easier.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Toilet Seat?
- Shape: Toilet bowls generally are available in 2 shapes— round and elongated. To pick the right seat, you should know what kind of shape the bowl is. A round bowl measures about 16.5 inches and an elongated bowl measures between 18 to 18.5 inches.
- Installation: Fixing a regular toilet seat might take some time and you may have to call someone for help. Therefore, you should choose those seats that are user-friendly, easy to install, and can be removed quickly as well. This saves time and helps in cleaning the toilet properly.
- Material: Always go with high-end materials when it comes to bathroom products. Poor quality reduces the product’s shelf life and gives a dull look to your washroom. Also, durability and sturdiness are very important when it comes to toilet seats.
- Soft-close: The loud slamming noise of toilet seats is one of the most annoying things that one prefers to get rid of. So, pick those toilet seats that come with a soft-close mechanism. This prevents it from slamming, instead, it closes by itself noiselessly and slowly.
- Firm fix: Nobody likes when the toilet seat moves or shifts when you sit on it. Therefore, choose a seat with superior quality bumpers that prevent movements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best toilet seats after comparing different products and considering user reviews and ratings. These toilet seats are available in elongated and round shapes and are easy to clean, maintain, and install. Moreover, we have also included a buying guide mentioning the factors you should consider when choosing a toilet seat. Shortlisted from a wide range of alternatives, these toilet seats with several key features are durable, long-lasting, and chosen based on customer feedback for an unbiased opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum weight that a standard toilet seat can hold?
The maximum weight that a standard toilet seat can hold is 300 pounds, and if it exceeds the limit, the seat can crack or shift from its place.
2. How often do you replace toilet seats?
In general, toilet seats can be replaced in 5 years, however, many of them can last more than that.
3. Are wood or plastic toilet seats better?
Both these toilet seats have their merits and demerits. Wooden toilet seats are heavier but sturdy, and add a touch of luxury to your bathroom, while plastic seats have a longer shelf life and tend to be lightweight.
4. What size are toilet seat bolts?
Toilet seats don’t have a standard size for bolts. However, since the bolts’ measurements are subject to the brand and style of the toilet seat, going through the product dimensions provided by the manufacturer can give a better understanding.
5. What is the most durable material for a toilet seat?
Toilet seats made of plastic, especially polypropylene-based ones, are the most durable, lightweight, stain-resistant, and easy-to-clean.
6. What shape of the toilet seat is most comfortable?
Compared to round ones, oval-shaped or elongated toilet seats are considered the most comfortable due to their ergonomic design.
7. What maximum weight can a standard toilet seat hold?
The maximum weight a standard toilet seat can hold is 300 pounds; if it exceeds the limit, the seat can crack or shift from its place.
8. How often do you replace toilet seats?
In general, toilet seats can be replaced every five years; however, many can last more than that.
Toilet seats are an essential component of a toilet that makes it convenient to sit comfortably and ensures the toilet stays clean and dry. A toilet seat is considered good when it has the key features for safety, is easy to install, does not shake or move, and opens and closes easily. Our top picks are the Delta Faucet Morgan Toilet Seat with a slow-close feature, the Bath Royale Premium Round Toilet Seat with seat bumpers, and the Mayfair Cameron Round Toilet Seat, for its eco-friendly construction. Since most toilets are either round or elongated, make sure that you check the shape of your toilet before settling for a toilet seat of a specific shape.
Infographic: How To Keep A Toilet Seat Clean?
Toilet seats can become home to millions of germs if they are not kept clean. Regularly cleaning the water closet and its seat will render a clean look to your bathroom and help keep infectious diseases at bay. So, check out the following infographic to learn how to keep your toilet seats shiny and pristine.
- World Toilet Organization