Getting your child to brush their teeth every day can be challenging for a parent. But children and adults must brush their teeth at least twice a day to maintain oral hygiene. You can stimulate your child’s interest in dental hygiene through toothpaste that comes in several flavors and colors. The best toothpaste for kids in India would get the child to brush their teeth in the morning and at night, without a lot of fuss.
Read on as we present a list of the best toothpaste brands, to empower you to choose well when purchasing a toothpaste for your kids.
11 Best Toothpaste For Kids In India
This is one of the best toothpaste brands available for kids’ dental care. It is formulated with elements like soothing aloe vera, erythritol, and a silica blend that gently polish and brighten the teeth. Its natural watermelon flavor encourages your kids to use it regularly, and the natural sweetener gives the toothpaste a pleasant taste.
- The toothpaste boxes are made from 100% recycled paperboard and printed with soy inks
- It does not contain any artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, and gluten
- It is a cruelty-free product – not tested on animals
- The toothpaste is a little sticky
Free from fluoride and sodium lauryl sulfate, this toothpaste is one of the best at fighting plaque and dental cavities. This natural toothpaste has xylitol, aloe vera, and stevia, among other ingredients that help protect teeth from decay and plaque. The strawberry fruit flavor of the toothpaste encourages the habit of brushing in your kids. It is perfect for kids up to five years of age.
- Fights tooth decay without using any unwanted chemicals or additives
- Safe, even if accidentally swallowed
- Reduces bacterial regrowth, and gentle on the delicate gums
- Older children may not like its taste
This color-free toothpaste is precisely formulated for enhancing the dental hygiene of kids. It is fluoride-free and sodium lauryl sulfate-free for harmless teeth cleaning and to uphold healthy gums. The toothpaste contains glycerin and calcium phosphate that produce less foam. Moreover, the strong strawberry flavor makes the toothpaste one of the best among several toothpastes. The toothpaste is harmless, even if swallowed by kids.
- Free from SLS, colors, and fluoride
- Contains limited foaming agent
- Harmless even if swallowed
- The pack contains two tubes of toothpastes
- Adult supervision is necessary as it contains limited foaming agent and children may use more amount of paste
[ Read : Pigeon Strawberry Toothpaste Review ]
The toothpaste contains traditional Indian herbs, thus making it feature in several best toothpaste lists. The natural toothpaste contains active ayurvedic ingredients like laung (clove), pudina (mint), and tomar (prickly ash). It gives protection from dental problems, such as cavities, gingivitis, plaque, toothache, bad breath, yellow teeth, and weak teeth and gums. The bright red toothpaste is appealing to kids and can be used by adults too.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Natural toothpaste with no side effects
- Keeps the gums and teeth healthy
- Not specifically intended for dental problems in children
This fluoride- and preservative-free toothpaste is one of the best toothpaste for kids in India. It does not contain any unsafe ingredients and is enriched with bio-available calcium that helps in strengthening the child’s milk teeth. It is very effective in stopping tooth cavities and decay. The relative enamel abrasivity (REA) present in the toothpaste is very slight and does not hurt tooth enamel while brushing. The strawberry fruit flavor makes it popular among children.
- The toothpaste gently disinfects and keeps gum and the teeth clean
- Xylitol present in toothpaste resolves the problem of tooth decay and boosts dental health
- Free from sodium lauryl sulfate
- Some kids may dislike the taste
Colgate’s fruit-flavored toothpaste is designed for children aged six years and above, who have developing permanent teeth. The toothpaste contains fluoride for cavity and enamel protection. It can efficiently clean the mouth, leaving it fresh. The colorful sparkling gel of the Colgate bubble fruit toothpaste makes brushing exciting for kids. It ensures your kid’s smile gets brighter and cleaner.
- Contains fluoride for cavity protection
- This is a vegetarian product
- Comes in attractive, Batman-themed packaging
- Suitable only for children above six years of age
Mee Mee toothpaste for kids is one of the best toothpaste brands. It cleanses teeth thoroughly and contains triple calcium phosphate, which strengthens and protects your kid’s teeth. It is fluoride-free to avoid any discoloration, and sugar-free to prevent tooth decay. The tasty strawberry flavor of the toothpaste assures that brushing is no longer an insistent activity for parents. It is manufactured stringently following the international standards of safety and hygiene.
- Fluoride-free safe formulation for kids
- Tasty strawberry flavor
- Sugar-free to halt bacterial growth
- Some kids may dislike the smell of the paste
[ Read : Mee Mee Toothpaste Review ]
This popularly recommended toothpaste comes in two flavors – strawberry and green apple. Its active ingredients include xylitol, which fights harmful bacteria and helps prevent cavities. Pediflor Kidz toothpaste comes in red color, a pleasant and appealing feature for children.
- Controls plaque formation
- Clinically proven to fight caries
- Nurtures and protects the enamel of the teeth
- No side effects
- Contains sodium lauryl sulfate and parabens
The list of the best toothpaste for kids includes DentoShine, which is a precisely formulated gel toothpaste with low fluoride content for cavity protection. It is 100% vegetarian and contains no sugar to cause cavities. It comes with a combo pack containing a lollipop tongue cleaner, and an extra soft bristle toothbrush. The gel toothpaste comes in bubble gum and orange flavors.
- Specially formulated for children
- Protects from cavities
- Comes in a pack of two, each of different flavor
- Comes in five different flavors
- Tempting flavors may make children use more toothpaste than required
Aquawhite toothpaste is one of the most reliable choices for strong teeth and healthy gums for kids. The toothpaste fights odor to provide a feeling of freshness all day long. The fluoride-free toothpaste comes in strawberry flavor and with the popular Chhota Bheem character printed on the pack. It is safe for kids, even if they swallow while brushing. The toothpaste is designed to suit the taste palate of kids and is gentle on gums.
- Strawberry flavor
- Leaves long-lasting freshness
- Contains SLS and sodium benzoate (preservative)
[ Read : Aquafresh Milk Teeth Toothpaste Review ]
ShoPlaq offers one of the best toothpaste for kids. The plaque disclosing agents in the paste can help detect bacteria present on the teeth. The pink-colored toothpaste creates sufficient foam for cleaning. The toothpaste cleans plaque while brushing and can safeguard your kids’ teeth against dental plaque-causing bacteria. It can also stop bad breath and tooth decay.
- Toothpaste is free of sodium lauryl sulfate
- Shows the plaque layer by coloring it pink
- Contains no abrasive and no peroxide
- Color may turn hands, gums, and lips pink
How To Choose The Right Toothpaste For Kids?
Children dislike brushing their teeth, and there is also a concern that they may swallow the toothpaste, which may contain harmful ingredients. So, parents should choose a safe toothpaste that makes kids eager to brush yet is safe for them.
- Get your children excited about brushing by involving them in the selection of the right toothpaste brand. It can stimulate them to use it regularly.
- Check the ingredients thoroughly to ensure there are no harmful ones for the kids.
- A lot of manufacturers have come up with kid-friendly options with flavors that appeal to children and are also safe for the teeth. However, the right ingredients are more vital than the flavor of the toothpaste.
- Avoid toothpaste with whiteners as they can be too abrasive for your child’s teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use regular toothpaste for my kids?
It is apparent that parents tend to use regular adult toothpaste initially to clean the tender teeth of their children. However, toothpaste meant for adults could have more fluoride. It could be harmful to swallow toothpaste containing excessive amounts of fluoride since it may lead to dental fluorosis, a condition that causes white spots on permanent teeth.
It is recommended to use the best toothpaste for kids to maintain their dental health and hygiene in the long run.
2. How often should kids brush their teeth?
As a general rule, dentists recommend brushing for two minutes, at least twice a day for kids. According to them, it is ideal to brush first in the morning and then again before bedtime.
The most vital aspect that needs to be considered while choosing the best toothpaste brand is the age of your child. It is always better to select fluoride-free toothpaste for children below the age of two and a low-fluoride toothpaste for children between the ages of two and four. Parents should guide and supervise their children for inculcating proper brushing habits through their favorite toothpaste.