Make delicious tortillas for dinner or a quick snack with our list of the best tortilla makers. A tortilla is a popular Mexican dish made of thin and soft flatbread, containing different vegetables, meat, and more. You can use it to make several tasty dishes, including burritos, empanadas, quesadillas, and tacos, and serve them to your guests.
If you enjoy eating Mexican food, you can easily make tortillas at home with a tortilla maker for your convenience. Choosing the right tortilla maker from the different options available can be tricky. So, explore our list of options and features to choose the right one for your kitchen.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Tortilla Makers
The Victoria tortilla press is made from heavy-duty cast iron and hasprecisely molded flat plates to make perfectly flat tortillas. It is durable, versatile, andcan be used to makevariousitems such asempanadas, arepas, plantains, and a variety of other flatbreads. Itssimple andergonomic design makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Cast iron body with non-GMO flaxseed oil seasoning
- Eight-inch plate forbigtortillas
- Reinforced handle design for smooth pressing action
- Sand-casted flat inner plates
- Heavy-weight build for flat and even pressing
The heavy-duty aluminum build tortilla press from Imusahas a good design and expert craft,making it versatile and useful. The lightweight and small press is easy to use and can be carried anywhere. It is ideal for makingvarious flatbreads,such as tortillas, Indian bread, burritos, and tostones. The press is available in three colors.
- Traditional design
- High-end silver finish
- Curved handle design for a stable grip
- Suitable for large quantities
The Norprocast aluminum-based traditional tortilla presscan make flattened tortillas. It is budget-friendly, lightweight,and premium-looking with a smooth finish and shiny appearance. A simple easy-to-carry designmakes it travel friendly, and you can choose either a six-inch or eight-inch tortilla maker as per your requirements. It comes with a recipe book for you to explore some new dishes.
- Easytoclean and wash
- Center-weighted handle for precise pressing action
- Smooth texture, convenient for a user
- Durable and sturdy
The heavy-dutycast-iron buildtortilla press has a 7.5-inch cooking plate to make perfectly flat and uniform tortillas. It is sturdy, weighs 4.10lb, and lets you make a variety of flatbreads. The light and easy-to-use handle gives you a seamless experience when pressing the dough ballto the desired size.
- Extended, curved handle
- Stable non-slippery grip
- Suitable for harder dough varieties
- Durable andlong-lasting
The Uno Casa tortilla press is a heavy-duty, durable tortilla makermade fromhigh-quality cast iron. The weight of the press provides the right amount of pressureto makeperfectly flattened and round tortillas. The surface is pre-seasoned with flaxseed oilto prevent rust and increase its shelf life. A bolted reinforced handle design provides a comfortable grip and stable press action.
- High-quality finish and sleek design
- Leveled inner plates
- Extra screw sets for easy replacement
- 100 parchment papers included
- Can be used for multiple varieties of bread
Designed to provide a smooth and even pressing action, the ARC USA tortilla press is made from cast iron. It is heavy and doesn’t require much effort from youto get theperfect result. The press is pre-seasoned with organic flax oil adds flavor to the tortillas and prevents rusting and stickiness on the surface. You can make a variety of wheat or corn tortillas and other flatbread dishes with this product.
- 10-inchinner plate
- Sturdy, durable, and long-lasting
- Curved, easy-to-grip, and balance-weighed handles
- Easytowash and clean
- Suitable for all dough types
The Lodhi’stortilla makeris a high-quality cast iron press with an eight-inch diameter cooking surface. With heavybodyand pressing plates, it offers even pressure on the dough ball. Moreover, the bolted handle reducesthe effort needed to get perfectly shaped tortillas. With aheavy-duty bolt at the center, the lever can be moved smoothly and pushed down to get thin tortillas. You can make a wide variety of food items, from tortillas to huaraches, andgorditas to Indian bread.
- Versatile and balanced-weight
- Durable and long-lasting
- Simple design with sturdy construction
- Can be used with waxed or parchment papers to avoid stickiness
The Bioexeltortilla press has a traditional designwith an eight-inch plateand a pressinghandle. It has a sturdy cast iron body,and a surface pre-seasoned with flaxseed oil to ensure long life, prevent rusting, and addflavor to the food. You can maketortillas,empanadas, arepas, and other breadpreparationswithinthe comforts of your home using this simple apparatus.
- Heavy presser with sturdy components
- Extra screws for replacement
- Efficient and long-lasting
- Works great with parchment or butter papers
- Easy to clean and maintain
The Brentwood’stortilla maker is a 1200W electrically powered specialty applianceto press the dough and cook tortilla. It has a 10-inch nonstick aluminum cooking surface bigger than traditional tortilla presses for convenient and quick preparation of tortillas. The adjustable heat dial lets you make both soft and crispy tortillas in less time.
- Indicator lights for power and preheat indication
- Insulated stay-cool lever handle
- Quality build material with a stainless steel body
- Adjustable heat level knob
The durable, heavy-duty press with a 10-inch diameter surface is bigger than most traditional tortilla presses. It weighs 12.5lb and is made of pure cast iron, ideal for pressing big dough balls to make big tortillas or other flatbread dishes. The good quality cast iron press is pre-seasoned with organic flaxseed oil for long rust-free life.
- Indicator light illuminates when ready
- Nonstick cast iron plate
- Heavy build for smooth pressing without much force
- Easy-to-clean surface
The small yetheavy-duty cast iron tortilla presshas a 7.3in diameter. Its body is seasoned to prevent rusting and increase shelf life. A balanced press with bolted handles ensures even flattening of tortillas without putting in much effort.
- Sturdy base and handle
- Detachable handle for easy cleaning
- Coated non-sticky press surface
- Durable and long-lasting
Make perfect,bowl-shaped tacos at home with the baked tortilla bowl maker by simply pressing down the lid. The inner heating cup with a petal-shaped bowl lets you prepare taco bowls in three minutes. It has indicatorlights toletyou know when the appliance is heated and ready for use.Using this appliance, you can create ornamental tacobowls and make a unique presentation on the table.
- Dual nonstick surfaces
- Locking latch for added stability
- Easytocleanand maintain
- Simple and quicktouse
The premium-quality heavy-duty tortilla press is made from high-quality cast iron and has a high-quality finish.Its extended ergonomic handle design provides a strong drip and requiresless force when pressing. The durable tortilla press comes withan instruction guide to ensure the appliance’s longevity and an e-book for exotic cooking ideas.
- Available in 8in and 10in
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- Easy and gliding pressing action
- Pre-seasoned to improve life
The Smart Cooks tortilla press is lightweight and made fromsolid pine wood. The high-quality wood imparts an exotic flavor to the pressed tortillas and is easy to clean and carry anywhere. You can make perfectly shaped tortillas in this high-quality press and relish your meal.
- Thick and curved handle for easy grip
- Pressing surfaces are dual bolted
- Good quality components for smooth action
- Sturdy and traditional design
The good quality all-wood tortilla press from the brand Mexico has a high-quality and smooth surface finish. It has securely bolted hinges and a long handle for a better grip. You can make big tortillas in the 9-inch wood press and don’t have to worry about rusting and cleaning issues.
- High-quality pine wood build
- Allows smooth pressing
- Doesn’t have a sticky surface
- Easy and quick to use
How To Choose The Right Tortilla Maker?
Here is a list of key features you should consider when selecting a tortilla maker.
- Size: Tortilla makers come in various sizes, with the most common ones ranging from 6 to 8in. You can check the surface’s diameter and choose the most appropriate size. If you aim to have big tortillas or burritos, a 10-inch press can be a better option.
- Manual or electric: The popular tortilla makers are manual, non-fussy, and budget-friendly. They are functional, easy to use, and last for decades. However, you can even opt for an electric tortilla maker, which is convenient and reduces the cooking time by pressing and heating the tortilla simultaneously. These usually have come with a heat adjustment feature for even cooking.
- Build and usability: While heavy iron tortilla makers are ideal for making flat and thin tortillas, lightweight ones are useful when looking for a portable option. Similarly, tortilla makers with simple mechanisms are easyto assemble,clean, and maintain. You can also check handles, levers, and other components that enhanceuser experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use a tortilla press?
Take a small ball of dough and place it on the surfaceof the tortilla maker. Press down the lever hand to makethe dough ball into a perfectly shaped tortilla. Use more pressure for a thinner tortilla and less for a thick one. It is advisable to use an oilpaper or butter paper so that the dough doesn’t stick on the surface.
2. What else can I do with a tortilla maker?
Most tortilla makers are versatile in handling varieties of dough, be it wheat or corn. You can make enchiladas, dumpling skins, taco cups, and Indian bread. You can try different recipes from the internet or cookbooks anddevelop more creative ways to use this appliance.
3. What is the idealsize of a tortilla maker?
The size depends on personal preference and purpose. An 8-inch tortilla maker is ideal for burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas.On the other hand,if you make tacos regularly, a 6-inch tortilla press could be a better choice. If you prefer a 10-inchmaker, it would be better to go for an electric tortilla maker that can flatten the dough ball and cook tortilla.
A good quality tortilla maker is durable and often lasts for decades, making it a valueformoney choice. You can save your effort, time, and money to make the desired tortillas at home. All you have to do is make a round dough ball, put it in the maker, and press down the lever. Your perfectly shaped tortilla would be ready to cook.
Tortilla is one of the most sought-after snacks in several households, and to enjoy them at home, you need the best tortilla makers. You can opt for one with a traditional design to get an authentic vibe while operating it manually or an electrical tortilla maker for seamless cooking. The key to buying one is to check if it is durable and long-lasting. You may choose one made of steel or wood. Besides, pick one that is easy to clean and easy to use.
Why Trust MomJunction?
The author, Sakshi John, is our product writer with a keen interest in home and kitchen utilities. She brings you tools and products that add comfort and convenience to your time in the kitchen. After carefully going through several customer feedbacks and testimonials, she has shortlisted the top tortilla makers for you. If you are not sure which one to go for, have a look at the buying guide to help you get started.