If your child loves toy trucks, we have created a list of the best toy garbage trucks to help you choose the right one. Toy garbage trucks mimic a real-life garbage truck. With lights, sound, signs, and flashcards, they come with several attached accessories and features that your kids will enjoy. As much as it’s exciting to watch the process of a toy garbage truck collecting garbage, it’s also educational. It helps build imagination and motor skills and teaches your kids about caring for the environment through garbage segregation and sanitation. So, get one for your child from our list below and watch them enjoy playtime with fascination.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Toy Garbage Trucks
1. Best With Realistic Sounds: Matchbox Garbage Truck Large
The Matchbox garbage truck is a toy truck suitable for children aged three and up. It is made of high-quality, non-toxic plastic, and the multi-colored dumper is 15 inches long and operated by hand. It makes realistic sounds as it loads, rolls, and dumps, and the push vehicle can be dragged backward to launch forward. Furthermore, the garbage lever is designed to be pushed down to raise the trash bin and dump recyclables.
- Realistic sounds
- Push-down horn
- Realistic actions of dump truck
- Hand activated
- Push movement
- Some parts may not be easy to use and may require adult intervention
2. Best Recycled : Green Toys Dump Truck
Green Toys brings you a trash truck that is red and yellow and made with child-friendly and recycled materials and soy ink. It helps in the development of gross motor and fine motor skills while encouraging creative thinking. The workable dumper teaches the child about recycling and how a real dumper truck works. The chunky, threaded wheels keep the truck steady and easily navigable. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- 100% recycled plastic
- No metal axles
- Easy to clean
- Saves energy
- Reduces greenhouse gas emission
- May have a chemical smell
3. Best With Light And Sound Effects: Zetz Toy Garbage Truck for Kids
Realistic light effects and sounds attract a child’s attention. The Zetz toy garbage truck comes with 4D lights that flash in the dark. Further, the automatic, battery-operated toy can be decorated with sanitation stickers. The tough plastic material can withstand crashes and bumps and does not easily break. It improves fine and gross motor skills and promotes waste management.
- Durable plastic
- Fun sounds
- Automatically changes direction
- Sanitation stickers
- May seem loud
4. Best With Bendable Figurines: Playmobil Green Recycling Truck
Teach your children about recycling with this Playmobil Green recycling toy truck. The vehicle lifts a container to dump its contents. The set includes two human figurines that can turn heads, sit, and bend. The multi-colored truck is attractive to small children. You may check this video for a better understanding of this product.
- Includes accessories
- Bendable mini figures
- Teaches children about recycling
- Lid may be loose
5. Best With Side Loader: Bruder Toys Man TGS Side Loading Garbage Truck
The Man TGS side-loading trash truck from Bruder is designed with shatter-proof, transparent plastic windows. The doors and windows can be opened, and a loading arm is functional. The tilting action of the body loads waste, while the two compactors transport it. The truck’s tailgate can also be opened. The side has a pull-out lifter to grab the bins and a knob that empties them.
- High-quality ABS plastic
- Side loader
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors
- Containers may not be durable
6. Best Interactive: Playkidz Kids 15″ Garbage Truck Toy
The Playkidz garbage truck is designed with realistic sounds and lights to keep the child entertained. It has six large rugged wheels that allow it to roll over any terrain. The trash collector is compact and teaches children about science and community services.
The child-safe material and neat construction, along with an interactive side button, make this toy easy to hand over without adult supervision. In addition, the stickers and graphics on the truck make it look and feel real. The truck measures 16x8x6.25 inches.
- Easy to clean
- Realistic sounds
- Bright and colorful
- Heavy-duty plastic
- Back may be tough to open and close
7. Best Well-Detailed : Liberty Imports Recycling Garbage Truck Toy
Liberty Imports supplies a toy garbage truck ideal for kids. It features side loading and a back dumper. Powered by friction and propulsive theory, the large truck has a detailed design and teaches children about sanitation. The waste truck comes with three compatible trash cans, and a rotating handle lifts the bin to empty it into another container. This truck measures 14x7x5 inches.
- High quality
- Realistic features
- Rotating handle
- Spring may feel tight
8. Best For Teaching Sorting: Flanney DIY Garbage Truck Toys
DIY garbage truck from Flanney is ideal for children to play from scratch. The recycling truck comes with four trash cans. Ideal for toddlers, the toy teaches sorting. In addition, the 40 small flashcards teach them how to sort garbage for recycling. The set comes with screws and screwdrivers for easy assembling. The DIY set comes with many accessories as well.
- Realistic lights and sounds
- DIY kit
- Teaches sorting
- Allows creative thinking
- Too many pieces to assemble
9. Best Fully Functional: Bruder Mack Granite Garbage Truck
The Bruder Mack Granite garbage truck in ruby red and green has a rear loading design and is made of 90% plastic and 1% rubber. It includes one truck and two trash cans. The hood opens up, the mirror folds, and the doors swing open. The wheels are rubber-treaded. A lifting mechanism helps the bins deposit trash in the loading section, and the garbage is scooped into the container by a side dial and trash compactor. Further, the tailgate opens to push out the trash at the turn of a knob.
- Fully functional
- 90% plastic
- Hood opens
- Lifting mechanism
- Plastic may not be of premium quality
10. Best DIY Set: Joyin Jumbo Recycling Garbage Truck
Joyin Jumbo toy truck is a recycling garbage vehicle. It is accompanied by three trash bins and lights and sounds to make it realistic. In addition, it allows for a do-it-yourself assembly, which adds excitement and facilitates learning. The truck moves with a pull-back feature that is powered by friction. The jumbo truck is 12.5 inches long and 4.5 inches wide. The trash arm lift feature picks the trash bins and dumps them in the truck.
- ABS plastic
- No sharp edges
- Fun assembly
- Screwdriver with three replaceable heads
- Dumper may be challenging to operate
11. Best Educational: Toyard Garbage Truck Toy
The Toyard garbage truck is strong and made of child-friendly materials. It has four rear loaders, trash bins, and a dumper truck and has a realistic and appealing design with built-in lights, sirens, and alarm sounds. Further, it has several functions, including garbage disposal, back collision, and air pump, and the garbage can be lowered slowly while being disposed of, making the experience real.
- Great detailing
- Educational toy
- Friction-powered car
- No sharp edges
- Size may be smaller than you expect
12. Best Sturdy: Wonder Wheels by Battat – Recycling Truck
Improve your child’s motor skills with the Battat Wonder Wheels recycling truck. The toy garbage truck is divided into three compartments for waste management: one for paper, one for cans, and one for garbage. The back container pops open and tilts to drop the contents, and the bright, realistic details keep the child mesmerized.
- Developmental toy
- Movable container
- Made of recycled materials
- Sturdy construction
- Small size
13. Best With Multiple Accessories: Fun Little Toys Garbage Truck Toy
The friction-powered toy truck from Fun Little Toys is a garbage truck with many interesting accessories. The toy comes with a truck, 108 pieces of garbage, four recycle cans and curbside trash cans, and some illustrated flash cards. The set teaches the child about garbage management, sorting, and recycling. The dumping truck is designed with three side slots for hanging the bins.
- Promotes recycling
- 100% recycled ABS materials
- Superior quality
- Cards may not be impressive
14. Best For Developing imagination: Fivedaogang Toy Vehicles Set
The Fivedaogang vehicle set is a pack of three sanitation trucks, including a watering car, a garbage disposal truck, and a dumper. It also includes eight signposts. The accessories can be rotated or lifted to open lids and the back of the trucks. The vehicles rely on inertia and move with a pull or push motion. This toy set helps develop the child’s imaginative skills and increases environmental awareness.
- Perfect gift idea
- Develops imagination
- High-quality plastic
- Non-toxic paint
- Smooth corners
- No batteries needed
- Small size
15. Best For Pretend Play: Little Tikes Garbage Truck Toy
Children love dirt, and dirt digger trucks are always a favorite. The Little Tikes garbage truck toy is suitable for indoor and outdoor play. The rolling toy picks up sand and dirt in removable trash bins, and the truck’s bed tilts to dump trash and moves up and down, allowing the child to pretend-play the whole sanitation process. The durable construction withstands rugged play.
- Rugged design
- Rolling wheels
- Helps in child development
- Requires no batteries
- Stickers may not stay long
How To Choose The Right Garbage Truck Toys?
Here are some pointers to consider while choosing a garbage truck toy for your child.
- Age: It is important to pick a toy specific to your child’s age. This is because a truck for a younger age group could be boring for them, or one for an older group could have parts that are complicated or choking hazards to the younger lot.
- Durability: These trucks will need to withstand some rough play and wear and tear. Pick a truck made with sturdy plastic and durable material that is unbreakable, scratch-proof, and waterproof.
- Safety: Toys should be made with child-safe materials. Look for safety certifications and BPA-free materials. For example, ABS plastic is the usual material used for toy trucks. Try to pick materials that are recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- Features: Toy trucks can run on a remote control, battery, friction, or manually. A manual truck is a good choice if you want to develop your child’s imagination and motor skills. Trucks also come with attractive features such as realistic lights, sounds, sirens and alarms, bright signages, and stickers. Pick a truck with multiple features to make it interesting for the child.
- Accessories: Garbage trucks come with accessories such as trash cans, figures, flashcards, sanitation stickers, and more. These increase the value of the toy.
How To Clean Garbage Truck Toys?
Toy trucks are usually made of plastic and can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Some could also be washable. If the toys are electric or battery-operated, they should not be dipped in water. Follow the cleaning instructions given in the product label.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is an experienced writer reviewing children’s toys and gifts. Her expertise is backed by in-depth research and analysis to provide you with the best products. This article lists the best toy garbage trucks compiled carefully after considering various user feedback. These toys can engage your child and help improve their motor skills and hand-eye coordination. With stimulating lights and sounds, these toys are made of high-quality materials for durability and long-lasting use. You can check out the buying guide for a better purchasing experience.
Children love playing with unique toys that simulate real-life objects, so it’s no wonder garbage truck toys are so popular. They come with realistic lights, sounds, and all the possible features of an actual garbage truck. Choosing the right truck involves considering the age of the child along with the toy’s durability, safety features, and additional accessories that give children a realistic feel. Moreover, these toys also help develop children’s imagination, creativity, and motor skills.
View Profile ›