Picking gifts for boys who are 11 years old can be a tough task. So, ease it for you, we have picked the best toys and gifts for 11-year-old boys. Be it your son, nephew, or cousin, you can gift these toys. Pre-teen boys usually enjoy small-boy, aspirational teenage, and complex toys at this age. So, be it for their birthday or any other occasion, these toys will perk them up. Keep scrolling through the post and buy what you like the most!
Our Top Picks
12 Best Toys For 11-Year-Old Boys
1. Best STEM Car: LEGO Technic 42072 Building Kit With Pull Back Toy Stunt Car
The high-speed LEGO Whack Technic 42072 is a crash car model, which makes it a cool gift for an 11-year-old boy. Boys who love cars and aspire to get hold of some stunt car models will be super thrilled with this toy. The STEM car has a strong pull-back motor, a front bumper, black rims, and low-profile tires. The best part is the toy engine that pops out when the cars crash.
- Helps engage children in creative play
- Sturdily built for racing
- Suitable for a wide age group
- Can be used for years
- Assembly instructions may not be easy to comprehend
- Size of the car may be smaller than it seems
2. Best For Stimulating Creativity: Engino Discovering STEM Structures Constructions & Bridges
If your young lad is into building and constructing toys, then stimulate his creativity skills with this set. The Engino Stem toy has step-by-step instructions to assist your child in constructing buildings and bridges. The nine models, including a suspension bridge, Truss bridge, and house, the six pages of experimental activities, and assembling details are enough to keep your boy busy.
- Helps children understand the physics behind the forces that come into play when constructing bridges and buildings
- Includes a theory and a quiz book to clear complex concepts
- User manual with 3D illustrations and experimental activities
- Helps improve STEM skills
- Assembly instructions may be difficult to understand
- May be less engaging than it promises to be for some children
3. Best For Learning Robotics: 4M Table Top Robot
The Table Top Robot toy set makes a good birthday gift for an 11-year-old boy and can be used to teach him the basics of robotics. It allows the child to construct a working robot crab. The funny robotic crab scuttles, performs acrobatic tricks, and changes directions to keep your 11-year-old engaged for hours.
- Hands-on robotic and mechanical engineering experience for tech-savvy children
- Moves swiftly and does not fall from the edge
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy built
- Some screws may be labeled incorrectly or may not fit the slots provided
- Changing the batteries may be cumbersome
4. Best Portable: Razor A Kick Scooter
Amongst all the popular toys for 11-year-olds, a scooter is one of the most exciting ones. While it gives the thrill of speed, it matches the excitement of a drive as well. Made of good quality aluminum, this kick scooter is quite lightweight and durable. In fact, it’s quite handy and portable as well, as it can be folded for easy carry and storage between rides. It has adjustable handlebars, rear-fender brake, and urethane wheels for a smooth ride.
- Looks sleek, stylish, and attractive
- Comes in six different colors
- Safe to use due to the sturdy make
- Smooth wheels and bearings
- May not be ideal for rough surfaces
- Handlebar may be a bit difficult to steer
5. Best Lego Toy: Klutz Lego Gadgets Science & Activity Kit
If your boy loves Lego, then this could be one of the best gifts for him. It promotes STEM learning by helping the child build 11 different machines, which go up higher the ladder in terms of complexity. It contains 58 Lego pieces, which are sufficient enough to stimulate creativity.
- Encourages out-of-the-box thinking
- Multipurpose use provides vast learning opportunities
- Smooth and sturdy built
- Ideal for independent play
- Instructions on some build designs may be difficult to understand
- Some pieces may be tiny
6. Best For Photography Lovers: Prograce Kids Digital Video HD Action Camera
This waterproof digital camera comes with a 1.77-inch LCD screen and has a mini video camera for recordings. The camera has a capacity of 1080P/30fps videos and 5MP photos, with 40 built-in photo frames, seven video color modes, 4X digital zoom, burst shooting, and time-lapse photo mode. The camera is highly durable, and the battery supports up to two hours of video recording.
- Made of environment-friendly and non-toxic materials
- Time lapse and face recognition features
- One-year warranty
- Excellent picture and video quality
- Micro SD card not included
- May not be sturdy enough to withstand drops or bumps
7. Best For 360 Spins And Flips: Joyjam’s RC Stunt Car With 2.4Ghz Remote Control
Owning a fancy stunt car that makes 360 spins and flips is every 11-year-old’s dream. This is a suitable and cool gift for an eleven-year-old, who is all about cars. It features a maximum speed of 12 km/hr and is adept at quick turning and rotation. Its elastic anti-slip hollow tire with deep concave and convex friction offers a good grip. The body of the car is made of ABS plastic and is durable.
- Comes in two different colors
- Heavy duty friction wheels and tri-axial system for superior performance
- Can be used on land, grass, beach, or wetland
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- 4GHz spectrum technology to let multiple cars play at the same time
- Removing the batteries for charging can be cumbersome
- Short battery life
8. Best For Soccer Enthusiasts: Bamgo Hover Soccer Ball
This mini soccer toy floats and glides across all kinds of surfaces, and its flashing LED lights allow children to play even in the dark. The toy features a soft foam bumper that keeps your furniture and wall protected from damage as the soccer toy hits the objects.
- Suitable for wooden floors and short carpet
- Rebound design
- Air-powered and battery-operated
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors
- May run out of battery quickly
- May be smaller than you expect
9. Best For Outdoor Use: Aikmi Walkie Talkies With 2-Way Radio
If you wish to gift a non-gadget gift to your 11-year-old, then these walkie-talkies are a good choice. The walkie-talkies are durable and come with survival bracelets, making them suitable for all kinds of outdoor activities. They feature 22 channels and a three-mile range to keep the communication lines private, yet clear. The small size, good volume, long-distance capacity, and battery life make them ideal toys for your boys to stay busy outdoors.
- Built-in flashlights to increase utility on camping excursions
- Popular gifting option
- Two color options
- Includes two straps and a user manual
- May be smaller than you expect
- No holes for attaching the straps
10. Best Puzzle: Flipslide Game, Standard
Here’s a puzzle game for children to spend hours tickling their brains. This fast-paced puzzle game involves flipping and sliding to match the lights is a fun-filled game. It can be carried anywhere outside or even played inside. It can be played in speed mode, multiplayer mode, levelmode, and memory mode. The game includes a one flipside console with instructions and batteries.
- One toy with four fun modes
- Compact and easy to carry when traveling
- Fun and engaging choice to reduce screen time
- Colored lights add to the fun
- May be noisy
- May not hold your child’s attention after a few uses
11. Best Feature-Loaded: Threeking Programmable Smart Sensing Robot
This smart sensing robot will keep boys engaged and entertained for hours. The robot comes with the features of gesture control, patrol and obstacle avoidance, singing, dancing, intellectual programming, auto display, and LED lights. The robot has flexible multi-joint in shoulders, elbows, and thumbs, along with skating wheels to bring about its smooth movements. It comes with a battery life of two hours.
- Attractive and durable
- Comes with remote control for added functionality
- Encourages independent and imaginative play
- Comes with 50 pre-built action commands
- Captivative LED blue eyes
- May be loud
- May be smaller than you expect
The 361-piece kit can be used to create a dump truck or an airplane. The building action improves hand-eye coordination, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and creativity. Also, the pieces are durable, made of non-toxic ABS plastic parts, and can be subjected to a certain amount of pressure comfortably.
- Can keep the child engaged for hours
- Sturdy and durable
- Attractive and colorful
- One-year warranty
- Built structures may not be sturdy enough
- Instructions may not be easy to understand
11 Best Gifts For 11-Year-Old Boys
The art box has 125 small colorful paper notes, which can be used to jot down notes, make doodles, and create fun illustrations. This is a good birthday gift for an 11-year-old who loves to doodle or express themselves through art.
- Easy to use
- Popular gifting option
- Improves creativity and imagination
- Pencil may be tiny
- May not be easy to clean
This game is all about building gadgets and games with lights, sounds, and sensors. Modular system and microprocessor assist in customizing your electronic builds in 3D with snap-together boards. It contains a speaker, battery pack, light sensor, tricolor LED array, tilt switch, variable resistor, two push-buttons, six modular boards, 31 jumper wires, and an instruction booklet. It’s a cool toy to teach 11-year-olds the basics of electronics.
- Comes with 48 pieces for 50 projects
- Easy-to-understand instructions
- Provides basic lessons on electricity and current
- Encourages curiosity and hand-eye coordination
- Batteries not included
- Wires may be a bit fragile
Here’s a chic birthday gift for an eleven-year-old boy who loves gaming. The custom-made T-shirt is made of 100% cotton material and is available in different colors. The shirt comes in a classic fit, double-needle sleeve, and bottom hem.
- Available in different color options
- Print quality could have been better
- Size may run small
This adventure kit is suitable for outdoor play. It contains shock-resistant and non-slip binoculars, flashlight with bright LED lights, a compass for locating positions on maps, and a large magnifying glass for satiating the curious mind. With a fox whistle included, this activity box is good for camping trips or any other outings.
- Comes in four different colors
- Supports STEM learning
- Perfect gift for campers and adventure seekers
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Encourages pretend play
- May be smaller than expected
- Fun and educational
- Gold-embossed lettering
- Includes pictures and diagrams
- Gives a message of victory and courage to children
- Tips go beyond camping excursions and adventures
- Some tips may seem over-the-top
Improve your child’s STEM skills in a fun way with this kit. It includes 25 experiments, which are quite fun and diverse, touching upon crucial skills. From making rockets to creating fizzy bombs and making explosive bags to creating a color explosion, this activity kit has an elaborate lab guide to teach the kids all they need to konw to carry out the experiments.
- Fun gift for your young chemistry enthusiasts
- Supports STEM learning
- Easy-to-understand guide
- Includes 27+ tools and ingredients
- Some experiments may not be challenging enough
- Some experiments may require adult supervision
Quite a popular toy for 11-year-olds, this DIY Tin can robot by 4M helps teach children about the value of recycling by repurposing or reusing a can. Reusing a can to create a fun and functional robot is fun and doesn’t require special skills. All one needs to do is attach the parts that come in the set to create a silly motorized robot, which runs on AA batteries.
- Eco friendly
- Easy-to-understand instructions guide
- Encourages STEM/STEAM learning
- Ideal for parent-child interaction
- Accessories may be tiny
- Extensive disassembly and reassembly may be needed for battery changing
A sports watch that allows one to adjust the date, time, week, and alarm is an exciting birthday present for an 11-year-old boy. This can make the young boy feel independent enough to manage time and perform his tasks. The 50M waterproof watch is suitable for swimming as well as a range of outdoor activities. It has a soft rubber wrist band with an elastic PU cover to shield the watch against scratches.
- Comes in five different colors
- Comfortable to wear for long hours
- Good battery life
- Stylish design with backlight
- Time and other settings may have to be reset multiple times
A fun-filled birthday present, these active flying rings are great for outdoor play. The unique and lightweight design makes them safe for little hands. These are even suitable for pool time as the rings float.
- Comes as a pack of two
- Comes in multiple attractive colors
- Good toy for promoting outdoor play and reducing screen time
- Easy to pack and carry when traveling
- May be slightly fragile
The 190-piece DIY building science experiment kit can be used to make 12 types of robots. Powered by a solar panel, the robot is driven with gears to make the machine run smoothly. This construction kit is ideal for improving children’s dexterity, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills. There is an elaborate instruction guide to provide step-by-step guidance to the construction of models.
- Two levels of complexity
- Powered by solar power, no batteries are needed
- Boosts imagination and creativity
- Sturdy, long-lasting, and non-toxic
- Some designs may be difficult to build
- All parts in the same color may be confusing to differentiate
These fun rocket balloons can be inflated with the help of the dual air-way pump and released into the sky for that ecstatic festive and fun feel. They can be reused after every flight.
- Buzzing sound adds a fun element
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- Enhances curiosity and imagination
- Pump inflates on both push and pull strokes
- Balloons may melt and stick to each other in hotter temperatures
- Pump may be tiny
How To Choose The Right Toys And Gifts For 11-Year-Old Boys?
Choosing birthday presents can get a little bit of a task. The following traits of kids will help you to decide what could be good presents for 11-year-old boys.
- Outdoorsy kid: If one loves to spend his time outdoors, then it’s seriously time to count your blessings. In an age of technology and gadgets, this is rare. To encourage this trait and to help him enjoy his outdoor activities, try and choose cool birthday presents such as a hover soccer ball or adventurous outdoor exploration kit.
- Inquisitive kid: For an eleven-year-old, who is all about exploring and being inquisitive, consider gifting presents like explosion combustion science kit, LEGO science, and gadget kit, etc. Even gifts like construction building pieces or other DIY might help to satiate his curiosity.
- Mechanical guy: For a kid, who loves to see the dynamics of a working toy or a robot-like toy, you can consider gifting DIY robots or and smart circuit boards. If the kid is into LEGO and mechanics, then this one is for him.
- Loves wheels: An 11-year-old boy is likely to have a love for wheels. Try from a kick scooter or stunt car, which functions with remote control. These cool gifts are likely to keep him entertained for hours.
- Geeky kid: If an indoor eleven-year-old is what you are dealing with, then choose from a range of cool STEM activity kits. A few examples are construction engineering kits that build dump trucks and airplanes, table-top robots, or Engino structures construction and bridges.
- Stylish kid: For kids, who love dressing up to feel cool about their looks, choose from T-shirts, which spells their coolness at the age of 11, or fancy analog wristwatch or a walkie talkie to play to their hearty’s content.
- Crafty boy: Mini Rainbow notes or even any creatively stimulating game, which involves building or creating a structure, will also fascinate an 11-year-old with interest in arts and crafts. Try choosing from the above-mentioned building kits
It’s important you do your research before buying age-appropriate toys and gifts, which are not just cool but also equally popular.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a trusted reviewer for kids’ toys and gifts. Her knowledge and research skills help her recommend high-quality products to her readers. She has listed some of the best toys and gifts for 11-year-old boys, ranging from LEGO to robots. Every recommended toy aims at enhancing your child’s creativity and learning. With the detailed description of every toy and a helpful buying guide, Priti has ensured that her article is useful to all her readers.
Finding the right toy for an 11-year-old boy can be tricky. However, this comprehensive list of the best toys and gifts for 11-year-old boys can help you find a toy that they would love. Ranging from a high-speed LEGO crash car to a digital camera, STEM kit, and puzzle, this list has several options to consider. So, understand the child’s personality and pick a toy that suits their interests. A toy that keeps them engaged and meets their different developmental needs. Remember, gifting is a sweet gesture that expresses your love. So find a unique yet useful toy that the child cherishes for life.
- Best Toys For 8,9 And 10-Year-Old Boys
- Best Toys For 12 Year Olds
- Best Gifts For 13-Year-Old Girls
- Best Minecraft Toys For Kids
View Profile ›