The best toys for preschool are designed to initiate play and support a child’s development. These play toys encourage children to imagine, create, and explore the environment around them and help develop their fine motor skills.
If they have the right kind of preschool toys, a child can effortlessly learn quite a few things. Although you can find plenty of toys out there that claim to be the most innovative ones, it can be hard to find the right one for your child. So, to make things simpler for you, we bring you a list of the best toys for preschool. Keep scrolling and pick the right one for your child.
15 Best Toys for Preschool
This is one of the best toys designed for preschool. It is a set of different musical toys that include beating, tapping, bowling, and shaking instruments. It makes for an awesome gift for little ones during birthdays, Christmas, etc., and is an ideal set for introducing them to different musical sounds and teaching them cause and effect.
- Consists of 15 types and 22 pieces of musical toys
- Made of high-quality, non-toxic material
- Comes with a tote bag for easy storage
- Safe for young kids
- CPC approved
With this preschool educational toy, learning can be made more fun. It consists of a tractor, a farmer, and four farm animals. All the animals are removable and make realistic sounds when pushed. It makes a good toy for teaching children about farm animals and the sounds they make.
- Comprises a push tractor and wagons
- Farmer sings “Old McDonald” when pushed
- Ideal toy for improving their hand-eye coordination and introducing them to animal sounds
- Suitable for kids aged 18 months and above
This set by Gleeporte is one of the best preschool educational toys that requires sorting and stacking of pegs of different colors. This is a great toy for preschool as it is designed for developing children’s hand-eye coordination and sorting skills. A constructive and educational toy, it is also a good pick for children with special needs.
- Comprises 60 pegs of six different colors
- Includes two large square foam peg boards measuring 8.5in
- Designed around the popular Montessori Occupational Therapy
- Large pegs for better grip and safety
- Useful in developing motor skills
- Helps in learning number counting and color patterns
Learning is fun and easy with this educational toy for preschoolers. It is a wooden puzzle that requires little children to sort colorful rings, recognize different colors and shapes, and learn number counting. It is a combination of attractively shaped blocks made of wood that will delight three-year-old boys and girls.
- Montessori toy for early development
- Designed for learning numbers, colors, and shapes
- Made of 100% natural wood with smooth edges
- Painted using non-toxic colors
- Helps develop sorting and motor skills
This set by Joyin is a complete educational toy with 12 different activities to keep preschoolers’ brains busy. This is an amazing STEM toy that encourages sorting colors and shapes, counting numbers, and performing addition and subtraction. The 82-piece set includes 72 cute bears in six colors, one jumbo tweezer, three dice, and six colorful honey jars.
- Designed to develop motor skills
- Encourages sorting shapes and colors
- Helpful in learning counting, subtraction, addition
- Develops cognitive skills
- Montessori learning toy for kids aged three years and above
- Includes dices to encourage critical thinking
- Comes with an easy-to-follow instruction book
This is one of the best toys designed to develop and improve the motor skills of preschoolers. It is created around a nature-themed story and makes for a fun catching and feeding game. Helpful in improving hand-eye coordination, this toddler toy has worms hidden in the tree, which are to be grabbed and fed to the baby bird.
- Simple and fun educational toy
- Made of high-quality wood
- Painted with BPA-free and non-toxic paints
- Easy and convenient storage
- No choking hazard
Designed to improve the intellectual and physical development of your toddler, this preschool toy comprises basic blocks in different shapes. It contains 20 pieces of detachable and removable blocks that can help encourage creativity and help develop their fine motor skills.
- Perfectly sized and designed for a toddler’s hand
- Shape-, color-, and size-related educational toy
- Develops hand-eye coordination
- Free of lead, BPA, and phthalate
- Smooth edges for safety
With this preschool transportation toy, learning will never be boring. It has a 2-in-1 track and does not require any batteries. The set includes three mini cars and six buttons to control and pass through eight challenges. This game aims at improving children’s problem-solving skills, motor skills, and hand-eye coordination.
- Made of high-quality, non-toxic plastic material
- Includes a police car, ambulance, and fire engine
- Designed for kids to play together
- Curated for boys and girls aged three years and above
- Has smooth edges for safe playing
This is one of the best preschool toys for toddler boys and girls. Consisting of colorful animal action figures, this playset involves creatively stacking and sorting the pieces. With this simple toy, you can keep your little one busy at home or even when you are traveling.
- Designed to develop fine motor skills and encourage creativity
- Comes with a bag for easy storage
- Lightweight and portable
- Montessori toy for learning colors and link-building
The interesting building toy for preschoolers consists of magnetic tiles of different shapes. The block creation toy can help children with color and shape recognition and encourage creative and practical thinking. With this STEM toy, your child can have better imagination and be more creative.
- 70-piece playset with different geometric shapes
- Big magnets for stronger magnetic power
- Smooth surface and round edges
- Made of imported ABS plastic
- CPSIA- and ASTM-certified
- Designed for children aged three years and above
This preschool toy by Kizh consists of stacking blocks of different shapes and colors. It is a fun way to learn to construct the letters of the alphabet, numbers, and various other shapes. With this construction activity set, children can develop hand-eye coordination and color and shape recognition.
- 26-piece stacking blocks set made of wood
- Comprises a pegboard for strong assembly
- No sharp edges for safety
- Painted using non-toxic colors
- ASTM-, CPISA-, CPC-, and EN71-certified
The STEM learning toy consisting of straws can let your tiny tot create simple and complex structures. Let them use their imagination to build ships, forts, and rockets with this interlocking toy set. It is one of the best educational preschool toys to fire the creativity of little engineers.
- Straw connector set to stimulate imagination
- Made of BPA and toxin-free plastic
- Designed for fine-tuning children’s motor skills
- Open-ended design encourages creativity
- Introduces kids to counting, designing, sorting, grouping, and constructing
- Improves spatial thinking and problem-solving skills
This is a vibrant, manipulative toy that is designed to develop creative thinking and motor skills in children. The three-dimensional flower garden building playset includes assorted flowers, leaves, and stems in bright colors to create a new garden every time.
- Comprises 98 pieces of flower components
- Interchangeable pieces support multiple flower arrangements
- Develops color recognition and stimulates visual sense
- Sturdy and made of non-toxic, high-quality materials
- Includes a cute kettle for pretend-play
This unique city building and transportation toy comes with a play mat and building blocks with numbers and words. This is one of the best preschool toys that lets your child use their imagination to create their own city, improving their motor and cognitive skills in the process.
- Made with high-quality wood and BPA-free plastic
- Easy-to-grasp blocks
- Compact, sturdy, and easy to store
- Improves attention span and hand-eye coordination
- Introduces children to different important buildings in a city
Learning the letters of the alphabet is made easy and fun with this maze. It contains colorful balloons, with each balloon representing a letter of the alphabet. There are 26 corresponding magnet letters that need to be matched using a magnet pen. This is an educational toy for improving hand-eye coordination and motor skills while learning the letters of the alphabet and their sequence.
- Board is made of square hardwood
- Easy to store
- Magnet pen is attached to the board
- Sturdy and durable construction
How To Choose The Right Toys For Preschoolers?
With every preschool toy claiming to be the best at assisting the development of your child, it might be confusing for you to pick one. Consider these points to choose the right toy for preschoolers.
- Open-ended toys: Look for toys that can be used for playing different games. These toys can help improve a child’s creativity and develop their logical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving toys: Let your kid become a problem-solver with toys that can help them figure out things independently and be innovative.
- Material: Never miss out on the material that has been used to construct the toys. Toys made of non-toxic, chemical-free materials and paints make a safe choice.
- Check for edges: We often miss out on checking the edges, and if they are sharp, they can be very dangerous. Always look for toys that have smooth edges to avoid injuries.
We must not merely look at toys as objects for playing but perceive them as tools for teaching kids. Toys for preschools have to be selected wisely, as they play a considerable role in developing various skills of children. Most of the preschool toys are educational toys as they help develop motor skills, problem-solving skills, hand-eye coordination, cognitive skills, etc. Therefore, while selecting a preschool toy, make sure they balance playing with learning.