If you want to organize and arrange a toy train set, the best train tables can come in handy. Train tables are recommended for children above three years and are specially designed to let children keep their train set elements in order, set up the train track, bridges, and play without making a mess around the house.
If your child is passionate about trains, you need to bring home a train table for them. And as these come in various designs and range from simple to complex, you should pick a suitable model based on your child’s skills and age. To help you pick the right one, we bring you this list of the best train tables. So, keep scrolling and pick one.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Train Tables
This train table comes with a 120-piece train set. Once this is set up, your kids would enjoy watching the train go through a mountain, and under a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge. With added features like trees, a construction crane, trucks, and people, this gives children a feeling of running a whole town. Take a look at this video to know more about the product.
- Sturdy construction, with T-molded edges.
- Measures 48.75 x 34.38 x 16in.
- Three plastic storage bins that slide under the table.
- 1 ½-inch lip to keep the toys within the table.
- Silk-screened playboard.
- Solid wood track.
If you are looking for a multipurpose table that can be used both as a train table and also for puzzles and Legos, then this wooden table by Melissa & Doug could be an apt choice. You may check more about this productin this video.
- Huge drawers for maximum storage.
- Easy-to remove panels for cleaning.
- Raised edges to keep the toys within.
- 32.5 x 50 x 16in.
- Sturdy design.
With built-in tracks, this train table can be used both as a train table and an activity table. The ready-to-use tracks reduce the hassle of setting up the tracks every time.
- Molded tracks and non-removable bridges.
- Hardboard lid to convert it into an activity table.
- Comes with a three-piece train set.
- Measures 47.6 x 26.6 x 6.7in
- Sturdy, durable design.
Does your child enjoy pretend-playing with their buddies? Then, this KidKraft train table might be useful when they want to run their little bustling metropolis. With interactive pieces and realistic details, this train table would add more fun to their playtime.
- Measures 46.9 x 32.9 x 26.8in.
- Spacious table to share.
- Large storage drawer with two compartments.
- Hundred-piece train set with interactive aspects.
- Colorfully illustrated playboard.
If you are looking for a simple and portable train table that does not occupy much space, then check out this track table by Simplay3. You can use this table anywhere to let the child play with it indoors or outdoors.
- Built-in racetrack.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Racetrack on one side and train track on the other side.
- Measures 35.5 x 17.5 x 4in.
- Easy to store.
- Easy-to-carry side handle.
This dual-purpose train table comes with 200 building blocks and a 30-piece wooden train set. It has everything your children need for a great playtime with their friends. This train table is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Two-sided play area.
- Smooth and rounded corners for safety.
- Measures 25 x 23 x 17in.
- Storage space underneath the playboard.
- Easy-to-lift playboard with colorful illustrations.
With this train table, your kids can have fun right from building the tracks to seeing the train whizz on them. It has accessories like trees, buildings, signs, people, and buildings, and might give your kids the complete experience of running a train.
- Themed playboard.
- Eighty-piece train set.
- Measures 24 x 3 x 48in.
- Suitable for all Thomas wooden railway items.
- Printed instructions to lay the track.
- Free Conductor Carl engine car.
The Brio play table is made with solid wood and is easy to assemble. It is painted with non-toxic lacquer paint and is said to adhere to child safety requirements.
- Safe, rounded corners.
- Made with high-quality wood.
- Raised sidewalls to prevent toys from falling out.
- Measures 46 x 30 x 18in.
- Removable playboard.
Recommended for children aged three years and up, this train table might spark the creativity in your child. Your child can build a fully functional train track with various interactive aspects and have a good time with their friends.
- Reversible table.
- Storage unit beneath the playboard.
- Colorful, illustrated playboard.
- Compatible with most popular train products.
- Raised edges for safety.
- Measures 31.5 x 32.2 x 15.8in
It comes with a train table as well as pieces required to build a railway track. This colorful train table from Zonixe is said to be a good playtime partner to improve your child’s creativity and imagination.
- Eighty-piece wooden train set.
- Height of the table suitable for toddlers.
- Measures 28.7 x 23.6 x 15in.
- A variety of accessories.
- Colorful and illustrated playboard.
Completely made of wood, this train table set is colorful, interactive, and fun to play with. Your child can build tracks and set up a whole town along with their buddies. This could be a good way to develop social skills in your child.
- Eighty plus wooden accessories.
- Rolling storage drawer.
- Spacious table for multiple players.
- Measures 30.75 x 25.5 x 13.5in.
- Reversible playboard.
What Are Uses Of A Train Table?
A train table can help your kids arrange and set up their toy train set. Having a train table at home offers the following benefits.
- Your child can have their own space to explore and play.
- There is no hassle of building the train set again and again.
- It keeps all the parts of the train set together and safe, and also prevents your child from tripping over any small components.
- Encourages socializing as most tables can accommodate more than one child.
A train table is a multifunctional piece of furniture that can be used for various purposes. If you want to create a space for your child where they can explore their creativity, and have a good time playing with friends, then getting home -a train table could be a good idea.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of established reviewers and writers provide you with in-depth articles to help you understand each product in detail. Here, we have compiled a list of the best train tables that allow your children to organize and set up their train sets. Moreover, we have highlighted the size, material, and other features of each train table to help you pick the right one.
You don’t have to worry about missing important pieces or the train track collapsing, as our list of the best train tables can help you out. These versatile tables offer a smooth surface to arrange the train set and store it. Before choosing, make sure it has the right size and shape to accommodate the train set, is made with high-quality materials for long-lasting use, has raised edges for safety, suits your child’s height, and is easy to use. Moreover, you may pick those with additional features like storage facilities, vibrant illustrations, and a reversible tabletop to add to the game’s fun.