If you want to organize and arrange a toy train set, the best train tables can come in handy. Train tables are recommended for children above three years and are specially designed to let children keep their train set elements in order, set up the train track, bridges, and play without making a mess around the house.
If your child is passionate about trains, you need to bring home a train table for them. And as these come in various designs and range from simple to complex, you should pick a suitable model based on your child’s skills and age. To help you pick the right one, we bring you this list of the best train tables. So, keep scrolling and pick one.
11 Best Train Tables
This train table measures 48.75 x 34.38 x 16 inches and comes with a 120-piece train set. Once this is set up, your kids would enjoy watching the train go through a mountain, and under a replica of the Golden Gate Bridge. With added features like trees, a construction crane, trucks, and people, this gives children a feeling of running a whole town. Take a look at this video to know more about the product.
- Sturdy construction with T-molded edges
- Comes with three plastic storage bins that slide under the table
- 1 ½-inch lip included for keeping the toys within the table
- Has a silk-screened playboard with reversible flip side
- Tracks made using solid wood from managed forests
- Tracks may not line up evenly
- Laminated top may peel away over time
- Huge drawers for storing train sets
- Easy-to remove panels for cleaning
- Raised edges to prevent toys from falling
- Sturdy design
- Boards on top may be warped
- Table may wobble if drawers are removed
With built-in tracks, this train table measures 47.6 x 26.6 x 6.7 inches and can be used both as a train table and an activity table. The ready-to-use tracks reduce the hassle of setting up the tracks every time.
- Molded tracks and non-removable bridges
- Has a hardboard lid that converts into an activity table
- Comes with a three-piece train set
- Sturdy and durable design
- Thomas The Train may not fit under the bridges
- May require drilling to assemble
Does your child enjoy pretend-playing with their buddies? Then, this KidKraft train table might be useful when they want to run their little bustling metropolis. Measuring 46.9 x 32.9 x 26.8 inches with interactive pieces and realistic details, this train table would add more fun to their playtime.
- Spacious table to share
- Large storage drawer with two compartments
- Table includes a hundred-piece interactive train set
- Colorfully illustrated playboard
- Tracks may be prone to chipping
- Plastic road signs may be flimsy
If you are looking for a simple and portable train table that does not occupy much space, then check out this track table by Simplay3. Measuring 35.5 x 17.5 x 4 inches, you can use this table anywhere to let the child play with it indoors or outdoors.
- Has a built-in racetrack on one side and train track on other side
- Easy to store
- Easy-to-carry side handle included
- No assembly required
- May require more effort to push cars around on the track
- May not come with a sticker set
This train table measures 25 x 23 x 17 inches and comes with 200 building blocks and a 30-piece wooden train set. It has everything your children need for a great playtime with their friends. This train table is recommended for children aged three years and above.
- Two-sided play area
- Smooth and rounded corners for safety
- Storage space underneath the playboard
- Easy-to-lift playboard with colorful illustrations
- Lego portion may not be flat
- Children may have to stand while playing with this table
7. Best Non-Toxic: Costzon Train Table
The elaborate train track table includes 100 pieces and accessories, including characters, railways, vehicles, houses, signs, and bridges for interactive playtime. It can help improve your child’s hand-eye coordination and concentration. The set includes easy-to-follow instructions for hassle-free assembly, and the number of pieces allows your child to create multiple designs. The table features a storage drawer under the table where you can put all the pieces after playing for easy cleaning.
- Rounded corners
- Four stable wooden legs
- Non-toxic and odorless
- Lockable wheels
- Smooth and waterproof table surface
- Tracks may not be very sturdy
- Drawer may seem flimsy to some
The Brio play table measures 46 x 30 x 18 inches and is easy to assemble. Painted with non-toxic lacquer paint to give a chip-resistant and vibrant finish, it adheres to child safety requirements.
- Has rounded corners for safe play
- Made with high-quality wood
- Raised sidewalls prevent toys from falling out
- Includes a removable playboard for storing toys
- May require additional drilling to fix screws
- Paint may be prone to fading over time
Recommended for children aged three years and up, this train table measures 31.5 x 32.2 x 15.8 inches and might spark the creativity in your child. Your child can build a fully functional train track with various interactive aspects and have a good time with their friends.
- Reversible table with jungle and city theme
- Storage unit included beneath the playboard
- Colorfully illustrated
- Compatible with most popular train products
- Has raised edges for a safe play time
- Vehicles may scratch the paint while playing
- May have a peculiar smell
This train table from Zonxie measures 28.7 x 23.6 x 15 inches and is said to be a good playtime partner to improve your child’s creativity and imagination. It is made from child-friendly and durable beech wood and non-toxic water-based paints, this table is also easy to clean.
- 80-piece wooden train set included
- Height of the table suitable for toddlers
- Comes with a variety of accessories
- Colorful and illustrated playboard
- Helps develop child’s coordination ability
- Scene on the board may not match the tracks
- May be smaller than expected
Completely made of wood, this train table set measures 30.75 x 25.5 x 13.5 inches. It is colorful, interactive, and fun to play with. Your child can build tracks and set up a whole town along with their buddies. This could be a good way to develop social skills in your child.
- Includes more than 80 wooden accessories
- Rolling storage drawer
- Spacious table for multiple players
- Reversible playboard
- Kids may find the table to be low
- Train tracks may not fit together seamlessly
How To Choose The Right Train Table?
Consider the following factors to choose the right train table.
- Design: Various practical and stylish designs are available to suit your needs. You can choose from toy sets that are foldable, portable, convertible, have elaborate storage compartments and toy pieces, and more.
- Size: Depending on your child’s age and playing requirements, you can choose from various sizes when purchasing a table train.
- Material: You can choose from various materials, including hard to soft plastic, wood, and more, to ensure durability and long-lasting performance.
- Assembly: While some table trains have zero assembly requirements, others are available in separate pieces and need assembly for the toy to become functional. Choose sets that are easy to assemble and include easy instructions.
- Safety: Ensure the table has smooth, rounded corners and is made of non-toxic materials to keep your child safe.
What Are Uses Of A Train Table?
A train table can help your kids arrange and set up their toy train set. Having a train table at home offers the following benefits.
- Your child can have their own space to explore and play.
- There is no hassle of building the train set again and again.
- It keeps all the parts of the train set together and safe, and also prevents your child from tripping over any small components.
- Encourages socializing as most tables can accommodate more than one child.
A train table is a multifunctional piece of furniture that can be used for various purposes. If you want to create a space for your child where they can explore their creativity, and have a good time playing with friends, then getting home -a train table could be a good idea.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of established reviewers and writers provide you with in-depth articles to help you understand each product in detail. Here, we have compiled a list of the best train tables that allow your children to organize and set up their train sets. Moreover, we have highlighted the size, material, and other features of each train table to help you pick the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a good height for a model train table?
Every train table has a different height. You should choose the height of the table according to the height of your child. The child should easily be able to reach the table and arrange its trains and other toys.
2. Is it easy set up a train table?
Train tables generally come with assembly instructions that make it easier for you to set them up hassle free.
3. What age is a train table for?
Train tables are useful for children over the age of 3 years. Most children can use a train table until they turn 9 years old.
You don’t have to worry about missing important pieces or the train track collapsing, as our list of the best train tables can help you out. These versatile tables offer a smooth surface to arrange the train set and store it. Before choosing, make sure it has the right size and shape to accommodate the train set, is made with high-quality materials for long-lasting use, has raised edges for safety, suits your child’s height, and is easy to use. Moreover, you may pick those with additional features like storage facilities, vibrant illustrations, and a reversible tabletop to add to the game’s fun.
Infographic: Multiple Uses Of A Train Table
Make the train table more interesting by transforming its use. From arranging dominos to making an art space, there are various ways to use your child’s training table. Check out the infographic below to learn how to use a train table in diverse ways.
- Best Potty Training Books
- Best Baby First Aid Kids
- Best Mickey Mouse Toys
- Best Baby Doll Accessories