A baby travel bed is portable and designed to provide a conducive sleeping environment for the baby to sleep while traveling long distances and navigating different time zones. These beds are lightweight, compact, easy to use, and need minimal effort to set up. Some even come with washable or removable mattresses.
If you’re looking for a good travel bed, we got you covered with a list of the best travel beds for babies with different travel requirements or preferences. We have also outlined what you should look for in these beds to make the selection process easier.
15 Best Travel Beds For Babies
Weighing less than three pounds, this Munchkin Brica Bassinet allows the baby to sleep peacefully on the water-resistant mattress. Whether you are going to a picnic, or for an adventurous trip with family or friends, you may find this bassinet ideal for its safe and snug fit.
- Lightweight with a convenient carrying handle
- Breathable fabric and mesh walls on the sides
- Safe T-locker system with audible clicks at four points
- Detachable sheet from the mattress for easy cleaning option
- Machine-washable and easy to dry
- Sturdy and durable locking tubular steel frame
- Comprises of polyester, steel, and cotton material
- Measures 30 x 11.8 x 21.2in
This portable baby travel bed features a sound and light unit while offering a more open and protective area for your baby to sleep. The infant sleeper can be placed on your bed, too, and two vented wall units separate the baby from the adult bedding. The side panels are easy to reach and give quick access to the baby.
- Ideal for daytime naps and nighttime sleep
- Compact fold, and lightweight design
- Extra room to pack essentials
- Soft-glow travel crib light at the head of the sleeper
- Waterproof foam mattress with a wraparound sheet
- Easy to wash
- Baby travel bed for infants up to six months, or until they start rolling or pushing out of the bed
- Works with two AA batteries
The Abreeze portable travel bed is likely to help the baby sleep better by providing a hygienic and sound sleep environment. It could be ideal for co-sleeping, resting, playing, lounging, daytime napping, tummy time, diaper changing, and more.
- Created from breathable, hypoallergenic 100% organic cotton
- Hidden zipper to disassemble covers for washing
- Handle makes carrying it easy while travelling
- Lightweight crib and easy to pack
- Measures 18.3 x 13.4 x 3.9in and weighs 2.55lb
The DHZJM baby carrier gives you a safe way for co-sleeping, and it is created to offer a soothing and snug environment for your baby anywhere. The hypoallergenic materials and raised tube design gently hug the baby, making them feel secure.
- Portable and easy to carry
- Additional covers are available to buy separately
- Ideal for tummy time and helps develop motor skills and neck strength
- Hidden zipper to disassemble the coverlet for washing
- 100% cotton and breathable cover
- 100% polyester tube and pad
- Convenient carrying handles
- Buckle on the dock for adjusting the size
Whether you are going on vacation, for a stay over at a friend’s, or on a short trip anywhere else, Lulyboo’s travel bed for babies makes for an ideal companion to go with you. It has a lightweight and modern look and could be easily folded into a handy carry bag.
- Can be used as a co-sleeper, crib, or changing pad station
- Convenient storage pocket
- A mix of 100% cotton, 100% polyester, and 100% nylon
- Padded sides with a waterproof bottom section
- Includes an activity bar and two plush toys for sensory stimulation
- Removable canopy provides a shaded place for the baby to sleep
- Available in natural, pink dotted, and blue dotted fabrics
The Kidco travel bed for infants can be a suitable solution for going camping or having an outdoor picnic. It features anchor straps and UV protection that makes it ideal for outdoor use. The lightweight mesh surrounding the bed gives enough air circulation, and a front zipper panel gives easy access to the baby.
- Weighs 2.45lb
- Suitable for children aged from one to three years
- Lightweight crib and folds into a compact size
- Comes fully assembled, and ready to use
- Removable sleeping pad for easy cleaning
- Made of 100% polyester material
- Includes storage or carrying case
- Ideal for short and long travel trips
Designed to work as both travel bed and bedside crib, this two in one besrey bassinet also includes a mosquito net, storage bag, cup holder, and side pocket for carrying essentials. It measures 39 x 24 x 42in and weighs around 20.7lb. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
- Four wheels for easy transportation
- Bassinet can rock up to 10° and is safe for the baby
- Sturdy steel frame can bear up to 4lb
- Can be folded and easy to carry using the handle
- Thick and soft mattress for comfort
- Large area offers sufficient space for lying down
- Mosquito net and side mesh protects against insects
Scuddles three-in-one bassinet could be used as a travel bed, diaper bag, and changing pad station. It features five zipper compartments and three elastic pockets to store baby gear. There is also an insulated pocket to keep the food fresh.
- Comfortable mattress for the baby to sleep well
- Spacious storage to keep your baby’s toys and bottles
- Machine-washable padded mattress that can fit any stroller
- Easy-to-clean travel crib
- Made of high-quality nylon material
- Co-sleeper for baby
- Available in a gender-neutral color
- Durable carrying strap
The Beacon baby travel bed is specially designed to prevent your baby from moving, rolling over of falling from the crib. It is made of 100% safe and breathable cotton that enables the circulation of air in the neck and the back areas. It is available in beige, blue, or gray colors.
- Suitable for babies up to one year of age
- Can be used for swings, baby car seats, cradles, strollers, and baby gyms
- Allows easy diaper changing
- Co-sleeping option
- Portable baby sleeper that is easy to carry
- Includes a baby pillow
This small travel bed for babies, up to the age of 18 months, can be used outdoors during backyard picnics, camping, and a trip to the park or the beach. The mosquito net helps in keeping away the insects from the baby.
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean
- Self-expanding tent than can be popped open and folded back easily
- Lightweight, and compact size
- Protects from wind, sun, insects, and dust
- Two-way zipper for easy and convenient access to the baby
- Weighs 1.95lb and measures 42.5 x 23.6 x 18.1in
The Comfy Bumpy baby travel bed is made of a robust steel frame that is sturdy and safe for your baby. It is also approved by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ATSM), making it a safe choice to consider. It has stable and rocking modes, so you can set it according to your baby’s preference.
- Breathable mesh walls
- Soft and comfortable mattress
- Simple fold-down design for quick set up
- Can be used as a bedside sleeper and stand-alone crib
- Lightweight, and easy to disassemble and carry
- Includes a hygienic urine pad, washable fitted sheet, and a mosquito net
Made of certified baby-safe material, Sunba Youth baby travel bed features a zippered curtain and four-sided mesh design. The assembled dimensions are 53 x 35 x 24 in, and folded dimensions are 19.3 x 19.3 in.
- 100% non-toxic and eco-friendly to keep the baby comfortable and safe
- Fully covered silver-coated fabric offers protection from the Sun’s UV rays
- Includes two durable ventilated and wind-resistant tent pegs
- Mosquito net keeps the insects away
- Easy to open and fold
- Elastic metal frame withstands frequent bending
- Weighs 1.4lb
The Delta Children EZ Fold Ultra Compact bassinet is a portable travel bed that is easy to open, lightweight, and folds flat for easy storage. It makes your travel stress-free. The mesh panels at the sides offer enough air circulation and improve visibility while creating a suitable environment for undisturbed sleep.
- Removable canopy protects the baby from mosquitoes, pets, and insects
- No assembly needed
- Comes with a convenient carrying bag
- Cozy sleep area
- Water-resistant mattress pad, and machine-washable
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) tested and certified
This is an ideal baby travel bed and bag that can be used indoors and outdoors for infants up to ten months of age. It offers a comfortable and natural space that enables the baby to rest, play, lounge, get a diaper changed, and enjoy tummy time. You may use it in the living room, bedroom, the backyard, or when at camping.
- Lightweight and portable crib for easy travel
- Includes a mattress, tent, mosquito net, backpack, and two dolls
- Tents and mosquito nets protect from direct sunlight and insect bites
- Co-sleeping option
- Made of cotton fabric suitable for the baby’s sensitive skin
- Comfortable sleeping area
- Six-degree slope mattress that protects the baby’s spine, and minimizes the probability of spitting milk
- Can be used even on sandy and grass surfaces
- Easy to disassemble
Referred to as the Moses Basket Bassinet, this is known for its reclining design that prevents the baby from nausea after a meal. It could be one of the best baby travel beds for airplanes. Hypoallergenic bumpers on the mattress pad create a micro-climate for the baby and provide ideal support.
- Sturdy and comfortable base support the baby weight
- Made of machine-washable, soft, and breathable fabric
- Suitable for babies up to 12 months of age
- Cushioned and contoured sides keep the baby safe and secure
- Unique 3D dinosaur design
- Easy to fold and unfold, and carry in car or airplane
- Removable mattress for washing
- Can be used as a crib, carrier, feeding area, diaper-changing station, and playpen
- Handle gives a good hold, waterproof bottom
- Clip-on canopy protects the baby from sunlight
How To Choose The Right Travel Bed For Babies?
Consider the following criteria to buy a travel bed that works for both you and your baby.
- Ease of assembling: Consider a travel bed with a clear, quick, and easy folding mechanism. The last thing you may want when you get back home from travel is not to battle with assembling the unit.
- Portability: The bed should easily fit inside your travel luggage and should weigh a minimum. The smaller the size, the portable it is. Check if it is foldable and light in weight and can be popped with a carrying case.
- Age: Choose a model that lasts for years and accommodates older kids. Newborn models may be sleek and last for a few months, but larger models may last over the years.
- Material: Check the material used for the construction. It should be of high-quality, easily washable, and offer comfort too.
- Cost: Set a budget so that you can easily select a proper one. Plan on buying a travel bed according to your travel commitments. If you are a frequent traveler, invest in a worthwhile bed.
Taking your baby away when you travel should not be a hassle. Creating a familiar place for your baby to sleep or rest will make it easy for them and you too. Finding the best travel cribs or beds should be easy with the buying guide and the list we have shared with you in this post. SO go ahead and make that purchase today!