Travel cribs are lightweight, super-compact beds with soft sides that collapse or fold into an easily portable bag. They are essential, especially, when traveling with a toddler, as it makes them feel safe and comfortable, and provides a good night’s sleep. Travel cribs come with a mesh covering that is well-ventilated and can protect your children from harmful insects.
For your child’s safe, comfortable, and familiar sleep environment, you may check our list of the best travel cribs for toddlers.
Top Products From Our List
Safety Tips To Follow While Using A Travel Crib For Toddlers
To keep your sleeping baby safe, you should follow some safety tips when using a travel crib.
- Select a travel crib that meets the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) standards.
- Do not place pillows, thick blankets, soft toys, additional mattresses in your toddler’s sleep environment.
- The gap between the sides of the bedding and the crib should not fit more than two fingers.
- Every crib comes with its set of instructions. Make sure to follow the instructions and assemble all parts correctly.
- Do not place the crib on any unstable surfaces, such as beds, and tables. You should always set up the crib on the floor.
- Do not use broken or modified cribs, and do not use cribs older than ten years.
- Use sheets or mattresses specified for the crib
- Do not place the cribs anywhere near the window blind, baby monitor, or any other cords, as they may strangle on them.
- Make sure the mesh holes are 1/4 inches or smaller.
- Discontinue using the travel crib once your toddler learns to climb out of it.
11 Best Travel Cribs For Toddlers
Lotus travel crib is perfect for families traveling with babies and toddlers as it comes with a backpack carrying case that makes your journey relaxed. This travel crib features a thick pad and soft foam that provides comfortable sleeping space for your baby. This crib is compact and lightweight, making it easy and quick to set up or pack. The breathable and visible fabric mesh has a zippered door on one side to put your baby in and out of the crib without much hassle. This travel crib for toddlers is GreenGuard Gold approved and free from toxic materials.
- Suitable as a crib or Playard
- Comfortable mattress
- Non-toxic certified
- Easy to lay down babies with zipper door
- Secured with Velcro tabs
- Easy to set up
- Have to bend a lot to place your baby
- Zipper may be noisy
The travel crib from Babybjorn can accommodate children up to three years or until they learn to climb out of it. It is ultra-light, weighing 13 pounds, and compact. The spacious crib with a thick, soft mattress is comfortable and safe for playing and sleeping. It has a mesh fabric covering, which is airy and helps you keep an eye on your baby. The crib and mattress fabrics are free from harmful substances, and the crib has a sturdy base that helps prevent wobbling. You can fold the crib in half into its bag and carry it around while traveling.
- Easy to set up and takedown
- Thicker and cushier mattress
- Offers stability
- Safe and non-toxic
- Removable and machine-washable fabric
- Difficult to place and pick up your baby
Baby Joy travel crib is made from aluminum tubes and iron handrails, offering a sturdy and durable design. The mesh covering of the crib allows good air circulation and visibility to help the baby feel comfortable. It also has a zipper that helps you place and pick up your baby without any inconvenience.
The travel crib has sufficient space to accommodate you and your toddler during playtime, and it makes a comfortable sleeping area for your child. Its mattress is soft, flat, and non-collapsing to protect your child’s delicate body. The crib weighs 10 pounds, which is a perfect size for travel.
- Removable and washable fabric
- Lightweight and portable
- Stable and durable
- Soft mattress
- Foldable and easy to set up
- Zip-open door feature
- Zipper may not be strong enough
Made from soft and skin-friendly materials, the crib from Yinuoday is perfect for your child’s tender skin. The crib comes with a strap system, which loosens up to accommodate growing babies up to two years. As babies have a delicate spine, the crib offers a soft yet firm mattress that applies even pressure to the baby’s spinal development. Constructed from soft guardrails, the crib helps prevent the babies from rolling out. These cribs have a bionic design that makes the babies feel safe, warm, and comfortable. Its lightweight, foldable design and adjustable straps let you easily carry it around while traveling. You can place this baby crib directly on the floor or on an adult bed, sofa, car, etc.
- Ideal for co-sleeping
- Wide and comfortable cushion
- Safe and secure
- Convenient to carry around
- Adjustable straps to secure the baby
- Shape may vary after the first wash
MiClassic travel crib for babies lets you travel light and easy, as it weighs only 13 pounds and is compact. This travel crib is ASTM-certified and also complies with all the safety standards of CPSC and CPSIA. The ventilated and see-through mesh covering makes the crib breathable and lets you keep an eye on your child. The crib, padded with a soft fabric mattress, offers a comfortable space for children up to three years for an overnight sleep or playtime.
- Sturdy yet light frame
- Zippered door opening
- Soft fabric mesh covering
- Easy and quick to set up
- Folds up easily
- Hard to reach the baby from above
The Ounuo travel crib, made from anti-rust iron tubes and a non-slip base, offers a safe and sturdy design that helps improve stability and prevent tilting. It weighs 16 pounds crib and is easily set up in less than 15 seconds. It comes with a simple button that folds the crib compactly into its bag and lets you effortlessly carry it or pack it inside your car. The crib has a soft-yet-durable mesh covering that comes with a zippered door and storage pocket. You can be assured of its safety, as it meets all ASTM, CPSIA standards and uses non-toxic and skin-friendly materials.
- Easily opens and closes
- Space-saving design
- Ease of assembly
- Wide and sturdy
- Convertible from bassinet to playpen
- Storage facility
- Lacks good ventilation on the zipper side
The portable travel crib from Baby Delight folds up effortlessly and fits into its bag that you can strap on when you’re traveling. It is light and is easily set up without any hassle. Made from ultra-breathable and visible mesh fabric, the crib lets you keep an eye on your baby and ensure they have a fresh airflow. To offer your little one a safe and comfortable place to sleep while at home or on travel, the crib comes with a plush and soft mattress. It is suitable for children between zero and three years or up to 50 pounds.
- Used as a playpen and a crib
- Sleek design and color
- Compact when folded
- Easily portable
- Removable and washable cover
- Plastic cover of the mattress may be too hard
The three-in-one travel crib from Funny Supply lets you convert the crib to a baby bassinet, a playpen or a play tunnel at ease. Its neutral color base gives it a stylish look. The crib includes a soft and thick mattress with an adorable sheet that offers a cozy and comfortable sleeping environment. It takes less than a minute to assemble the crib, and it’s also super easy to close. You can fold the crib inside a bag and strap it on during airport travels or pack it inside the car. This travel crib has an aluminum frame with four bases to help prevent the crib from tipping over. Additionally, the crib uses skin-friendly and non-toxic materials that are safe on your toddler’s skin.
- Ventilated and visible mesh
- Easy to set up and fold
- Storage access
- Machine washable fabric
- Stable and secure
- Mattress may be a bit hard
Lamberia offers a multifunctional design that converts a travel crib into a standalone or bedside bassinet. The crib-cum-bassinet, made from a sturdy iron and aluminum frame, is safe for babies up to 18 months. It features a soft mattress that applies pressure evenly and offers comfort to your sleeping baby. You will notice a wheel and brake system at the bottom that lets you move the bassinet or lock it in a single place. This compact and portable crib comes with an extra storage bag that makes it handy while traveling.
- Includes a sheet and mosquito net
- Height adjustable
- Breathable and visible mesh
- Easy to assemble and detach
- Easy to carry and store
- May not be of high-quality
Graco offers travel cribs for supporting newborns, infants, and toddlers. The crib creates a cozy and comfortable space for your baby to sleep in, and its removable bassinet helps you elevate your baby’s height, making it easier to lift them from the crib. As your baby grows into a toddler, you can remove the bassinet to create more space. The airy mesh on each side of the crib helps you monitor your baby at ease. It includes a quilted mattress that offers a good night’s sleep for your baby. Parents’ favorite feature, the canopy, shields little ones from light and keeps them engaged with soft toys.
- Compact design that fits easily
- Integrated wheels for easy portability
- Support bars keep the mattress straight
- Automatic one-button folding
- Sturdy frame
- May have a strong odor
11. Heao Travel Crib
Heao offers one of the best baby travel cribs that provides spacious sleeping and playing spots for babies. It features a smooth sponge mattress that lets your babies sleep comfortably. The mesh on either side of the crib allows easy airflow and better visibility. The ASTM-certified aluminum tubes with non-slip bases enhance stability and reduce wobbling. You can fold the crib into a bag and put it in your car or carry it on your shoulder when you travel.
- Soft and comfortable mattress
- Easy to assemble
- Lightweight and compact
- Strong frame
- Requires dismantling the tubes to fold the crib
How To Choose The Right Travel Crib For Toddlers?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying travel cribs for toddlers.
1. Safety: Opt for travel cribs that comply with ASTM, CPSC, and CPSIA safety standards.
2. Comfort: Check for features, such as padding, the softness of the mattress, space availability, and breathability, as they offer utmost comfort to your baby.
3. Crib weight: If you’re especially buying a crib for traveling, you may opt for one that is lightweight and easy to carry.
4. Child’s age and weight: Most travel cribs are suitable for babies of various ages and sizes; however, certain brands cater to only newborns or toddlers. Check for the age and weight specifications before buying a crib.
5. Ease of use: Look for travel cribs that are easy to set up and takedown as this saves your time. Ideally, most travel cribs should take less than one or two minutes to assemble or dismantle.
If you want a hassle-free vacation with your little one, you may consider buying from the best travel cribs for toddlers, as they give you peace of mind and your child a good night’s sleep.