If traveling and living out of a suitcase is part of your life, you need a dependable appliance to keep your clothes free of wrinkles. Having access to the best travel garment steamers is practical, as they can be used on everything, from party outfits to office shirts and jackets that you wear to work.
Ideally suited for use in a hotel room, these machines are affordable and durable, and can come in handy when you are traveling to another city for a job interview or an important occasion. They are suitable for taking along on vacations too and can also be used to steam wrinkles out of curtains. Continue reading as we list the top travel garment steamers that you can choose.
13 Best Travel Garment Steamers
With a unique design and cutting-edge technology, this garment steamer efficiently removes wrinkles. It has a high-quality aluminum element that heats the water to create steam within one minute. You can fill regular tap water in the heater, which can hold 180ml of water to give you five to seven minutes of steam. It can be easily set up and used in rooms of various sizes, as it has a long cord that stretches over nine feet. The unique shape ensures that water does not spill out when it is in use, and its ergonomic handle can be easily gripped.
- Comes with a bag for storage
- 900W heating element
- Can be used to steam various fabrics
- Small size for portability
- Ideal for sterilizing surfaces and toys
- Steam outflow cannot be controlled
The steamer features a 240ml water tank, with a line that guides users in filling the device, and offers continuous steam for up to 15 minutes. It is an ideal option if you want a large steamer that can be used on several pieces without being refilled. The nine-foot-long cord allows the steamer to be easily moved around. It takes 130 seconds to produce steam.
- Compact and lightweight device
- Durable materials used in the build
- Easy to operate
- Multipurpose—can be used for cleaning the interior of a car as well
- 700W heating element
- Water may spurt out suddenly
- Tends to leak when in use
Designed to be highly portable, this travel garment steamer automatically shuts off when the water level is low or when the unit overheats. It is designed with heat-resistant material and prevents electricity from leaking. The power cord is durable and of superior quality, and the on/off switch and indicator light aids in easy operation. Traveling with the lightweight garment steamer is a cinch, and once switched on, it heats up to create steam within two minutes.
- Easy to plug in and operate
- 130ml capacity water tank
- Allows for up to 10 minutes of steaming
- Operates on a 110V electricity connection
- Suitable for use on all types of fabrics
- Well-designed nozzle distributes heat evenly
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- May spurt large drops of water
- Needs a voltage converter to work when traveling internationally
This sleek Lemontec Portable Travel Garment Steamer is made of lightweight material and comes in an attractive shade. It has a well-designed nozzle, and the 180ml tank provides enough steam for continuous operation for up to nine minutes. The efficient heating system creates the perfect amount of steam within 70 seconds. Created conforming to the ETL guidelines and safety standards in North America, it also offers protection against leakage of electricity.
- Long cable with a two-point plug
- Ideal for use with a variety of natural fabrics
- Shuts off when water is low
- Ergonomically designed handle
- May leak water
- Water boils quickly, and the interior dries up
If you want a powerful option, this travel handheld garment steamer is a good choice. It also has a compact build and can be easily packed within standard sized cases. Besides steam ironing clothes to remove wrinkles, it can be used for various purposes, such as sterilizing toys used by children. It produces steam of 212°F to remove wrinkles and kill germs effectively. The nozzle is designed to allow steam to pass through easily and minimize the chances of water being spurted onto clothes and skin.
- Automatically shuts off when it overheats
- TSA authorized for storage in cabin luggage
- Works well on various materials
- Provides steam for up to 12 minutes
- Heats up within one minute
- Eight-feet power cord
- Tends to provide an insufficient amount of steam
- May emanate a peculiar smell when in use
Designed for easy operation, whether in a hotel room or at home, this garment steamer comes with a durable and rust-resistant stainless steel panel. The 9.2-foot power cord allows for the device to be moved without hassles. It comes with a 240ml tank capacity and heats up within two minutes when steam ironing clothes. The device can also be used for steaming curtains, cleaning carpets, and sterilizing toys.
- Flame-retardant and lightweight ABS plastic body
- Can be used for a variety of fabrics
- Generates steam for up to 15 minutes
- Overheating protection system
- Heat-resistant nozzle
- Only accepts distilled/purified water
- May leave colored blotches on clothes
- Can be a little noisy
With an attractive price point, this portable travel garment steamer has a uniquely designed nozzle that distributes steam evenly to remove wrinkles efficiently. It has a number of security features, including auto shut-off, which keeps it from drying out and causing accidents. The steamer can be used for seven purposes, including cleaning carpets, sterilizing toys, and even defrosting clothes.
- Compact design for portability
- Works for up to nine minutes
- Tank with 180ml capacity
- Ideal for use on a variety of materials
- Heats up within seventy seconds
- Protection against electricity leakage
- Built to meet the North American safety standards
- May often cause hot water to spurt out
This compact travel handheld garment steamer heats up fast to remove wrinkles from a shirt or blouse. It has an auto shut off feature that prevents it from running dry and overheating. The compact build of the device makes it easy to pack within your luggage when traveling, and its removable nozzle has eight holes that allow for rapid movement of steam.
- Built to conform to the safety standards in North America
- Powerful 800W device
- 100ml capacity tank
- Offers up to 10 minutes of continuous steaming
- Two-layer leak-proof build
- Ideal for use on all types of fabric
- Often starts spitting water
- May not produce enough steam
With a highly functional design, this is one of the best travel garment steamers available in the market. It weighs less than 1.1 pounds and has a compact size, making it an ideal companion for traveling. The automatic shut off feature ensures that the steamer does not run dry.
- Takes 60 seconds to heat up
- Provides 10 minutes of steam
- The voltage converter/transformer allows you to carry the steamer wherever you go internationally
- Moderate 700W energy consumption
- Easy to set up and use
- Heats up and generates steam quickly
- Can be used for steaming all types of fabrics
- May spill water
- May not produce enough steam
This mini garment steamer has an efficient heating system—heats up within 25 seconds—to generate adequate steam for up to 10 minutes. It includes an electronic pump and a filter that removes particulates present in tap water. It comes with a stop and steam button, and the detachable container can hold up to 100ml of water.
- Can be used on a variety of fabrics
- Protects fabrics and hands and prevents spills
- Lightweight and durable materials used in the build
- Nano filter prevents calcium build-up
- Fabric brush attachment for better steaming
- Lightweight and compact for portability
- Electronic pump system for powerful steaming
- Comes with a three-year warranty
- Cannot be used with converters and adapter
- Water may overflow from it
If you are looking for a dual-voltage travel garment steamer, this is an ideal choice. It can be operated at 120v and 220v when traveling and comes in handy when traveling abroad. The steamer comes with a tank that holds up to 150ml of water and provides steam for up to eight minutes without pause. The set comes with a fabric brush that can be used to remove wrinkles.
- Travel bag for storage
- Steam bonnet to prevent dripping
- Door hook included for positioning
- Thick aluminum heating element
- Durable stainless steel build
- Heats up in 45 seconds
- Takes long to remove wrinkles
This is an ideal option for international travelers who want to look good, whether they are visiting a company or just touring local attractions. With this dual-voltage travel garment steamer that can be held at various positions and angles, you can easily remove wrinkles from your clothes. It comes with an eight-foot long power cord and produces steam for ten minutes non-stop. It can also be used to kill bugs and mites present on bedding and remove odors from materials and clothes.
- Bristle brush and brush for removing lint
- Moderate 450w power consumption
- Handle folds down for easy storage
- May leave yellow stains on clothes
With this travel size garment steamer, you can easily remove wrinkles from clothes when you are in a hotel room. The steamer is designed with an ergonomic handle that offers a secure grip, while the press bar ensures wrinkles are removed perfectly from fabric. The stand allows the steamer to be positioned steadily on a table, and the steam spreads efficiently through the fabric to kill mites and bedbugs and remove unpleasant odors.
- Has a press pad for positioning over the door
- Lint and fiber brush along with diffuser brush
- Heats up within 45 seconds
- Heavy-duty steamer works for 15 minutes continuously
- Steam power is quite good
- May not be very durable
- Tends to spit out a lot of water
How to Choose Travel Garment Steamers?
Here is how you should go about choosing a travel garment steamer.
1. Check if it can be used in places where you plan to travel
If you frequently travel to international locations, you need a dual-voltage travel garment steamer or one that can be used with an adapter or converter in various countries.
2. Find out if it can steam several types of fabric
If you are traveling to attend a wedding or an interview, you will need a garment steamer that can efficiently steam several types of fabric.
3. Find out the additional uses of the garment steamer
The top travel garment steamers can be used for steaming wrinkles out of garments, sterilizing toys, and killing bugs. So, it pays to check and buy a steamer that can be used for several purposes, as you can keep using it even when you are not traveling.
4. Check the size of the water tank and quality of the heating element
A large water tank will allow you to keep using the garment steamer for a long duration without refilling it. A steamer with a good-quality heating element will ensure the water is converted into steam faster.
5. Check the accessories provided
Some of the top travel garment steamers come with various accessories and brushes to make the process of removing wrinkles and lint easier.
You can use your travel handheld garment steamer to remove wrinkles from clothes, curtains, and even clean carpets. We hope the comprehensive list and tips help you find an efficient travel garment steamer.