If you’re going on a trip with your toddler who’s being potty trained, you need to take a travel potty along. A travel potty is a portable toilet that is as functional as a regular home potty. It is convenient to carry and ensures consistency in your toddler’s toilet training, even while you are on the road.
Most of these potties can be used as standalone potty chairs or placed on top of a standard toilet seat. Read on for a list of the best travel potties that you can choose from,
11 Best Travel Potties
The Kalencom potty trainer can be used as a toilet seat or standalone seat. Its hinged legs can be folded inwards to fit into a diaper bag or detached for hygienic cleaning. Designed for a smooth and easy transition, the legs serve as handles when used as a toilet seat. This potty seat comes with three absorbent and leak-proof liners for easy waste disposal.
- Made of durable polymer
- Comfortable and contoured design
- Rubber feet for stability
- Suitable for babies aged up to 15 months and weighing up to 50lb
- Can be used as a toilet seat until the baby reaches the age of two
- Lacks splash guard
- May be too small for bigger kids
This 2-in-1 compact potty trainer can be used as a chair or as a seat on toilets. Although it comes with three disposable bags, you can attach standard plastic bags that can be secured using the flexible flaps. To use it as a potty seat, attach the legs to an adult toilet ring. The non-slip grips provide safety and comfort to your toddler.
- Sturdy legs to hold the weight of a growing child
- Stable on elongated and round adult toilets
- Smooth surface makes cleaning easy
- Comes with a travel bag
- Small splash guard
Designed for mess-free training, the summer 3-in-1 potty trainer serves as a potty seat, potty topper, and a step stool. You can remove the potty topper and place it on a standard adult toilet for a smooth transition. This lightweight trainer can also be converted into a stool to help your child reach a standard adult toilet. After use, empty the contents and wipe the surface with mild soap and a damp cloth.
- Removable pot with pour spout makes cleaning easy
- Suitable for little ones aged 18–48 months
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Compact design
- Low splash guard
This toddler potty can serve as a urinary device both at home and while traveling with your baby. The functional design of the urine bucket prevents any leaks after usage. Made of eco-friendly PP material, this potty trainer is safe on your little one’s skin. The potty seat is suitable for babies under two years of age.
- Removable potty for easy cleaning
- Comes with a splash guard
- Available in two color combinations
- Compact and portable design
- Secure seal to prevent spills
- Small size
- Loose handle
This potty trainer ensures good hygiene with its spill-proof splash guard. It can be used as a potty seat and a potty topper. You can fold the legs outwards for a convertible non-slip potty seat. The rubber leg pads on the base provide safety and stability during the process. It is compact and fits into most diaper bags during travel.
- Suitable for toddlers aged 15 months and weighing up to 50lb
- Smooth and sturdy design
- Comes with a collapsible, reusable liner and a zipper bag
- Well-designed splash guard
- May be small for big babies
The GuGu tots portable potty can be used as a standalone seat or as a seat on standard adult toilets. Its functional design enables the legs to fold inwards for compact packing. The rubber-coated legs provide a sturdy base when used as a potty chair.
- Free of BPA, phthalate, latex, and lead
- Comes with a removable pot and a travel bag
- Can be cleaned easily after each use
- Suitable for babies aged 12 months and above
- Small size
- Available only in a single color combination
This 2-in-1 potty chair by Bambini & Me is crafted from premium PP plastic that is safe for your baby’s skin. It is lightweight and doesn’t take up much space in your diaper bag. The anti-slip grips on the detachable frog-face pot ensure a firm hold on adult toilet seats. Suitable as a seat-on for children of all ages, this is one of the best potty trainers you can purchase.
- Available in three vibrant color combinations
- Contains an air-tight sealable urinal and an in-built splash guard
- Lightweight non-slip surface
- Slippery base
The Kalencom potty can be used as a chair and a trainer seat. Its ergonomically designed legs can lock and detach as per your convenience and can also be stretched up to 180° to fit standard adult toilet seats. The potty comes with three super-absorbent, scented disposable liners and a drawstring carry bag. It is also equipped with a built-in raised pee guard that is spill-proof.
- Contoured design
- Made of injection-molded polymer
- Rubber feet for stability
- Easy-grip handlebar for safety
- Travel potty suitable for babied aged 15 months and a trainer seat for babies aged two years and up and weighing up to 50lb
- May not be easy to snap the legs into place
The multipurpose toilet seat by Babyloo can be used as a standalone potty chair or as a potty seat. Designed for consistency in toilet training at home and during travel, the trainer comes with collapsible legs. The potty cup can be removed for inserting plastic bags on the go. You can fold out its legs to convert it into a seat for standard toilets.
- 2-in-1 compact design
- Easy cleaning and disposal
- Available in various colors
- Rubberized feet for stability
- Small splash guard
- May be small for bigger babies
The portable toilet seat is constructed with material that is free of BPA, PVC, and phthalate. It can be used as a travel potty and toilet training seat. You can either lock its legs into a standalone potty chair or extend them into a seat. This well-balanced, sturdy potty can rest firmly on any base with its non-slip rubber base. The removable inner bowl quickens the cleaning process. It also comes with three absorbent disposable liners and a washable travel bag.
- Available in four colors
- Suitable for babies aged 15 months and above
- Easy and quick opening
- Smooth contoured surface with non-slip grip
- Inner bowl may be shallow for a few babies
This banana travel potty is made of high-quality, non-toxic, BPA-free material. The rubberized bottom provides a non-slip base on any surface. Its compact, foldable, and functional design will help with your baby’s toilet emergencies on the road. Designed as a standalone seat, this potty trainer comes with 20 leak-proof waste disposal bags, which can be attached to the trainer by simply unfolding the sides.
- Suitable for toddlers ages 12 months and above and weighing up to 60lb
- Aids in mess-free toilet emergencies
- Fits into most travel bags
- Rubberized base
- No splash guard
- Small seat
How To Choose The Right Travel Potty?
While choosing the best travel potties for your toddler, consider the following factors.
- Baby-friendly: Find a trainer that your baby feels comfortable in. Potty seats with non-slip surfaces and sturdy bases make the process pleasant and safe for your little ones.
- Design: If you travel often, choose a potty trainer that is compact, lightweight, and foldable. It should fit well into your luggage bags. Based on your place of travel and availability of toilets, you may choose a standalone seat or a potty seat.
- Splash guard: This is important for small boys as they tend to spill while urinating. A portable toilet with a high splash guard prevents spill and doesn’t take any extra time or effort while cleaning.
[ Read : Babyhug Duckling Potty Chair Review ]
- Sanitation and hygiene: As you will be carrying the potty in your bag and you don’t want any contamination, consider buying a trainer that has disposable or removable parts. Ensure purchasing a potty with a smooth surface as it is easier to empty and clean.
- Age and weight of your child: The comfort of your child on a potty depends on these two factors. Potties come in varied shapes and sizes. Most potty seats can hold weight up to 50lb or even 60lb. You may also consider one that grows with the baby.
- Material used: A material that cracks easily would make your child uncomfortable and may cause skin irritation. Consider soft plastic variants that are free of BPA and phthalate as they won’t be harsh on the baby’s skin.
- Other features: In addition to the above features, you should also consider your child’s individual preferences, retailer’s return policies, frequency of use, and mode of travel.
Traveling during your child’s toilet training period is challenging. But with the availability of these travel potties, you need not worry about the diseases caused by public toilets or restarting the training from scratch after your return home. Choose a travel potty as per your preference and continue training your child in a comfortable, safe, and hygienic environment.