Pregnancy is an exciting phase of life, and when you are expecting twins, the joy is doubled along with anxiety. To help you navigate this phase, you will need the best twin pregnancy books. These books help give proper guidance and strategy through the entire process, right from pre-natal to post-natal care, along with the types of problems and challenges you will face and how you can overcome them. To help you choose one, check out our reviews of the list we compiled.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Twin Pregnancy Books
1. Best To Eliminate Common Issues: Dad’s Guide to Twins: How to Survive the Twin Pregnancy and Prepare for Your Twins – Joe Rawlinson
The book gives essential tips for expectant fathers to cater to the needs of twin babies. It helps eliminate common issues and prepares you with multiple options. The book covers topics, including money and finances, preparations required, challenges of having and bringing up twins, preparing your other kids, twin dads’ experiences, and also tips to keep the marriage together while dealing with stress. From prenatal concerns, delivery and post-natal care, this book covers them all. To find out more about this product, check this video review out.
2. Best Guide: What to Do When You’re Having Two: The Twins Survival Guide from Pregnancy Through the First Year – Natalie Diaz
‘What to Do When You’re Having Two’ paperback book helps you glide comfortably through the first year of having twins. The book includes information on gear, sleep, breastfeeding, and having two more when you already have a child. It helps you create birth plans, maintain schedules, stock up, money management, and building a bond individually with each of your twins. Natalie is an expert on parenting multiple kids and brings you this humorous yet informative manual for raising twins.
3. Best For Exercises: When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads 4th Edition – Barbara Luke et al
A fourth edition of When You’re Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads is a prenatal program for women pregnant with more than one baby. It includes diets, recipes, and nutritional programs along with recommended exercises for the postpartum mother. These programs not only keep you and the babies healthy but also keep you calm mentally and physically. It provides a comprehensive guide of what to expect during the pregnancy, childbirth and the complications that may occur.
4. Best Humorous: Holy Sh*t…I’m Having Twins!: The Definitive Guide to Remaining Calm When You’re Twice as Freaked Out – Elizabeth Lyons
If you are terrified because you are expecting twins, “Holy Sh*t…I’m Having Twins” is a funny and refreshing guide for your journey. Topics include money-saving secrets, staying connected to your spouse, breastfeeding, fixing schedules, returning to work, and some unsolicited Q&As. It is written in a short and humorous format easy to absorb by the sleep-deprived, tired mind. Elizabeth Lyons gives you a realistic yet light perspective of what lies ahead and how to deal with your experiences.
5. Best For Practical Advice: You Can Two!: The Essential Twins Preparation Guide Paperback – Jennifer Bonicelli
Jennifer Bonicelli helps you conquer your fears of having twins with this paperback book. It gives you essential information, practical advice, and prep strategies to raise two babies together without falling apart. Feeding, gear, trackers, checklists, mental and emotional upheavals, and how to handle them the first few months is portrayed in the book, along with encouraging anecdotes from real-life twin parents.
6. Best For Multitaskers: Twins 101: 50 Must-Have Tips for Pregnancy through Early Childhood From Doctor M.O.M. – Khanh-Van Le-Bucklin
Twins 101 is a book with 50 tips for twin parents, from pregnancy to early childhood. It is an essential guide for multitasking moms-to-be. It is easy to read and provides practical tips that are easily doable in a fast-track life. The author, Dr. Le-Bucklin, is a pediatrician and a mother of twins. It gives first-hand information and experiences with practical solutions.
7. Best For Emotional Wellness: The Holistic Guide to Twin Pregnancy – BreAnn Blehm
The paperback book talks about the science of twin conception, nutritional information, birthing options, etc. It also talks about the emotional and physical wellness of the mom-to-be and information on the birthing safety of twins. It gives a holistic approach to the situation, making the pregnancies feel less scary.
8. Best To Learn Potential Birth Issues: A Dad’s Guide to Newborn Twins: Unleash Your Inner Super Dad – Meghan Hertzfeldt and Jennifer Bonicelli
If you are gearing up for double trouble, “A Dad’s Guide to Newborn Twins will surely unleash your inner super dad. This paperback book prepares all dads for the excitement and rollercoaster ride of having twins. It is a guide for dads-to-be starting from applying for paternity leave to how to calm the baby to sleep. It teaches you about potential birth issues, things to do at home and the hospital, what your wife needs during delivery, etc. It also gives tips on buying the right gear and provides knowledge on everything required to manage twins.
9. Best For Nutritional Care After Birth: My Twin Pregnancy Week by Week: The Ultimate Planner for Moms Expecting Twins – Christina Baglivi Tinglof
Having a baby is not easy and having twins is double the stress. “My Twin Pregnancy Week by Week is the ultimate planner for moms expecting twins. The book is your guide from prenatal care, nutritional care to after birth. It is a week-by-week analysis of what to expect and how to deal with it. The book has been written keeping in mind a mom-to-be of multiple kids.
10. Best For Diet Plans: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Healthy Twin Pregnancy: From Pregnancy Through Labor and Delivery – Gila Leiter and Rachel Kranz
The book answers your innumerable questions when having multiple kids. It speaks of the latest reproductive technology and fertility treatments. The book is a trimester-to-trimester guide during your pregnancy from dos and don’ts, required nutrition and diet plans, the birthing process, and Q&As you would probably want to ask your doctor. It also gives holistic advice on nurturing your physical and mental health pre- and post-natal, including managing the family once the babies come home.
11. Raising Twins: Parenting Multiples From Pregnancy Through the School Years – Shelly Vaziri Flais
Twin-mom and pediatrician Dr. Shelly Vaziri Flais provides expert advice in the book “Raising Twins.” She gives tips on raising well-adjusted, healthy twins and triplets. The book is a guide from birth through infancy and toddlerhood up to teenage years. It offers medical advice and real-life scenarios and experiences that you may expect. Her words reassure parents through anecdotes and practical solutions along with interviews of twins and twin-parents.
How To Choose The Right Twin Pregnancy Book?
Here are the essential points to consider while selecting a suitable twin pregnancy book.
- Authors: Consider books written by experts or experienced people, including doctors, researchers, and parents. These books will give you reliable, updated, and authentic information.
- Stage-wise details: Choose books with stage-wise information about pregnancy categorized into chapters for easy handling. Whenever you wish to know about a particular thing, you can refer to that specific chapter to find the solution.
- Language: Excessive medical jargon will make it difficult to understand what is written. Therefore, select books written in an easy, interactive language to understand easily and stay worry-free.
- Common issues: In order to manage your twins well at the start of the journey, choose a good book on common issues. These books provide detailed information on issues commonly found in most babies post birth, finance and time management, nutrition, etc., and help you with the right solutions.
- Post delivery: Ensure you pick a book that gives you a detailed description of what to expect next after birth and how to tackle certain issues.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of experienced writers and editors have rounded up some of the best twin pregnancy books to let you navigate the journey of bringing up twins with relative ease. These books take into consideration the discomfort faced while bearing twins, and a few also provide tips on caring for twins, triplets, or quads. Moreover, some of these books also include the authors’ hilarious take on twin pregnancies. We are sure you’d find these books helpful and entertaining.
From the food you eat to the clothes you wear to even how frequently you travel, you will need clear instructions when you are pregnant. Being well-informed about this phase may ensure a smooth transition to motherhood, and thanks to the best twin pregnancy books, it is now possible. Pick one that gives you valuable information about important pointers such as diet, potential birth issues, and prenatal and postnatal care. Reading these books can prepare you for the things to come and help you welcome the little ones with confidence and happiness.
- Best Pregnancy Books For To-Be Moms And Dads
- Best Pregnancy Nutrition Books
- Best Pregnancy Cookbooks For Health And Nutrition
- Best Parenting Books That Guide You Through Parenthood
View Profile ›