Umbrella strollers are a popular choice for parents as they are compact, lightweight, maneuverable, and easy to use compared to traditional strollers. Umbrella strollers provide a sun shield, have J-shaped handles, and fold down into a stick-like structure that resembles an umbrella. The regular umbrella strollers come with a lower or standard handle height, suitable for people with average tallness; whereas, umbrella strollers for tall parents feature long handles that help prevent back pain.
We’ve compiled a list of the best umbrella strollers for tall parents to make walking, shopping, or day trips with your little ones pain-free, comfortable and pleasant.
Our Top Picks
Benefits Of Umbrella Strollers
Here are some of the benefits of using an umbrella stroller
- Easy to put in and out of the car
- Harness, protective frame, and sun shield keep children safe
- Compact, and easy to store anywhere
- Allow you easily maneuver through busy roads and shops
- Provide a comfortable and enjoyable ride for your child
- Suitable for travel
7 Best Umbrella StrollersFor Tall Parents
1. Best Auto Locking: Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller
With a durable aluminum frame, Summer Infant’s lightweight stroller, weighing 13 pounds, is ideal for occasional traveling and running everyday errands. The stroller features a roomy, padded seat with two levers that switch to four different recline positions and provide your baby a comfortable ride. It includes a five-point harness with an unlock buckle, an anti-shock front wheel, and a lockable rear wheel for your baby’s safety. The stroller comes with a canopy with a pop-out sun visor that shields your baby’s fragile skin from sunlight.
To help store your baby’s diapers, bag, or any other item, it comes with an extra-large storage basket below the baby’s seat. If you want to store something smaller, you can use the small storage pouch located at the back of the canopy. If your baby weighs 50 pounds or below, then this stroller is for them. This video helps you know more about the product.
- Easy-to-grip long handles
- High-quality canopy
- Equipped with cup holder
- Front swivel wheels with suspension
- Easy to fold with an auto-lock feature
- Storage basket may be difficult to access
- May not be durable
- Canopy may not cover much
2. Best Compact: Cosco Umbrella Stroller
The umbrella stroller from Cosco, made from a durable frame, is lightweight and compact, making it easier to take it along or stow it away when not in use. It has a lightweight frame, comfortable handles, and wheels to maneuver through the crowd easily. The wheels come with a step-on lock for stopping the stroller from moving and stability.
The stroller’s heavy-duty, three-point harness keeps your baby secured in the seat, and the canopy shields your baby’s eyes and skin from extreme sunlight. It can hold babies up to 40 pounds and is suitable for everyday use.
- Compact and easy to store
- Covered handlebars
- Easy to assemble and use
- Attractive design
- Soft fabric
- Sturdy wheels with locking brakes
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Handle height is shorter
- Stroller may feel flimsy
- Canopy may bend out of shape
3. Best Sturdy: Summer Infant 3Dlite + Convenience Stroller
Summer Infant’s 3Dlite stroller weighs only 14 pounds, making it lightweight for everyday use or traveling. The stroller is durable as it’s made with an aluminum frame, premium fabrics, and firm tacks. Whether you want to feed your little one or change their nappies, you can conveniently, with one hand, adjust their seat using the multi-position recline feature.
The padded seating with a five-point harness and a mesh window help keep your baby comfortable yet secure. It comes with two anti-shock front wheels and two rear wheels that can be locked when not in use. The stroller offers a small zip-close storage pouch, a storage basket, two cup holders and cellphone holder to help you stay organized when you’re out with your little one. Check out this video to know more about this product.
- Sturdy design
- Footrest for baby
- Easily foldable with auto-lock feature
- Canopy offers maximum coverage
- Portable and easy to store
- Footrest is non-extendable
- May not be useful as the baby grows
4. Best Storage: Joovy New Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller
Joovy’s new groove ultralight umbrella stroller with tall handles is suitable for tall parents. This umbrella stroller has a sturdy aluminum frame and a water- and stain-resistant fabric. It comes with a range of features and amenities, including two cup holders, two in-seat mesh pockets, and zippered storage pockets that can hold diapers, snacks, toys, and more. The stroller’s extra-large canopy features a UPF-50 sunshade that protects your child from harsh sunlight.
The built-in foot enclosure for your newborn and the adjustable leg rest for a toddler can help keep them safe and secure while moving. /It also has a five-point harness that locks them in place and keeps them secure. You can fold the stroller compactly and make it stand or carry it on your shoulder using the shoulder straps when not in use. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details.
- Auto-lock, standing fold feature
- Multi-storage compartments
- Mesh foot enclosure
- Ease of use
- Suitable for infants and toddlers up to 55 pounds
- Cup holder may be a little loose
5. Best Breathable: Kolcraft Cloud Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
Kolcraft’s lightweight umbrella stroller is ideal for running day-to-day errands and traveling with your baby over 12 months. This umbrella stroller keeps your baby safe and secure with its three-point safety harness and shock-absorbing front swivel wheels. It also protects your baby’s fragile skin from harmful UV rays with its sun canopy and rear hood.
The toddler’s seat features a mesh layer for increased air circulation during hot seasons and a roll-up cushion to keep your baby warm during cold seasons. Steer the stroller easily through the crowds and fold it into a stick when not in use.
- Ideal for older kids
- Easily foldable
- Foam padded handles
- Parent cup holder
- Storage space available
- Extended sun canopy
- Breathable mesh interior
- Handles may be too low
- Not ideal for newborns
6. Best Lightweight: Baby Joy Double Stroller
Baby joy offers double strollers, which weigh only 18 pounds. There are two extendable canopies with a mesh window that shield your babies from sunlight while allowing air circulation.
You can strap both your babies safely and firmly into their seats with the help of the five-point harnesses. Controlling this double stroller is easy with its 360° anti-shock, swivel wheels, and rear-wheel brake system. You can use the double storage pouches at the backrest for storing your baby’s necessities while going outdoors.
- Ideal for twins
- Cup holder for parent
- Easily reachable storage pouches
- Adjustable canopy
- Easily maneuverable
- Accommodates children up to 35 pounds each
- Easy to fold
- Does not recline
7. Best Maneuverable: Infans Umbrella Stroller
The lightweight umbrella stroller from Infans, made from high-quality aluminum, polypropylene, EVA foam wheels, and Oxford cloth, is suitable for babies between six and 36 months. Its shock-absorbing 360° rotatable front wheels, lockable rear wheels, and non-slip handrail lets parents control the stroller easily.
The stroller provides features, including an adjustable four-position recline and a canopy with an extendable sun visor for a comfortable ride. The stroller also focuses on your child’s safety by providing a five-point harness, which keeps your child secured. After using the stroller, you may fold it into a stick-like figure and place it in your car trunk or carry it on your shoulders.
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to place it in and out of the car
- Easily maneuverable
- Rear-wheel brake system
- Anti-unfold safety lock
- Large storage mesh basket
- Includes a cup holder
- May feel and look flimsy
- Seat angle causes the child to slide down
How To Choose The Right Umbrella Stroller For Tall Parents?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying an umbrella stroller for tall parents.
- Height: When the toddler’s seat is taller, the stroller will also be long enough for you to push comfortably.
- Handle height: You may want a handle height of at least 40 inches to hold and push the stroller comfortably without arching your back too much.
- Adjustable handlebar: When multiple people use the stroller, you may want to adjust the handlebar according to each person’s height. You may want to increase the handle height for taller people and vice versa.
- Weight: While there are lightweight umbrella strollers, there are also some strollers for tall people that are slightly heavy. If you want a lightweight or an ultralight stroller, you’ll have to check the weight.
- Seating positions: Look for a stroller that easily reclines so you can adjust the seat as per your baby’s needs.
- Safety harness: You can opt for a three-or-five-point harness that safely straps your baby in the stroller.
- Canopy or sunshade: As extreme or harsh sunlight can harm your child’s sensitive skin, it’s necessary to check that your stroller has a canopy that shields the sun. It can also help you view your child from its window without having to turn or walk around the stroller.
- Fabric: The seating of the umbrella stroller should be made of soft fabric and cushioning to keep your child comfortable and cozy.
- Storage bag: It is difficult to carry all your things and the baby’s while pushing around the stroller. That is why it’s ideal to buy a stroller with ample storage space.
- Size and age: Not all strollers are suitable for infants or older kids. Before purchasing the stroller, you need to ensure your child falls within the age and weight limit.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is a content writer specializing in writing on pregnancy and baby products. She has a deep interest in composing new and informative posts for her readers. Here, she brought you a diverse collection of umbrella strollers for tall parents with great features for a comfortable walk with your baby. Vibha also shared some useful tips, benefits, and essential factors to consider before buying an umbrella stroller.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are all strollers adjustable in height?
Not all strollers are adjustable in height. Regular strollers have fixed handlebars, while strollers for tall parents have adjustable handles.
2. How tall is an average stroller?
The average stroller height can vary for each brand and model. Most strollers have an average handle height between 33 and 45in. There are also some exceptions, as you can adjust certain umbrella strollers up to 50in.
3. Are adjustable strollers more expensive?
Just as with any other stroller, adjustable strollers also have budget-friendly options. However, if you wish to have more features, you may have to opt for a higher-end stroller.
4. Can I find handlebar extenders for my stroller?
Yes, you can get a universal handlebar extender, a ready-made option that attaches to any baby carriage or stroller.
5. Is there a DIY solution to make a stroller’s handlebars taller?
There are multiple DIY stroller handlebar solutions that you can try if you don’t want to buy an additional stroller with adjustable handles. However, this may not be a long-term solution, as it does not provide the same comfort and durability as a new stroller would.
6. At what age can I introduce an umbrella stroller to my baby?
You can use an umbrella stroller once your baby is at least six months old or can sit up properly on their own.
Now, you can comfortably use an umbrella stroller even if you are taller than most people. With this range of the best umbrella strollers for tall parents, bid goodbye to back and neck pain caused by slouching for long hours. However, while choosing the right stroller, ensure it has an adjustable handlebar with easy-to-grip handles, sturdy wheels with locking brakes, and the canopy offers good coverage. Lastly, opt for a stroller with a safety harness to keep your baby safe at all times.
View Profile ›