As powerful and incredible as the human body is, there are certain limitations that are impossible for it to overcome without much-needed assistance from technology. For instance, it cannot detect ultraviolet light. Thankfully, the best UV flashlights are technological marvels that offer you a glimpse into the invisible world. From pet stains and bodily fluids to scorpions and minerals, these ultraviolet flashlights let you detect various objects that are otherwise undetectable by the naked eye.
Keep browsing as we list the most effective, tried-and-tested UV flashlights that come in different shapes, sizes, and styles to help you find the right one for your needs.
10 Best UV Flashlights
1. Best Durable:Vansky 51 LED UV Flashlight Blacklight
Keep your surroundings pristine and stain-free forevermore with Vansky’s 5W LED flashlight. Fitted with 51 powerful UV LEDs that are sturdy enough to last you for many years, this time-tested flashlight can help you detect almost anything, from pet urine stains on rugs to counterfeit currency and interesting minerals in your backyard. In addition, the UV stain detector comes with a tough waterproof aluminum-alloy body that allows you to carry it along for all your adventures out in the world.
- Durable, high-quality lights
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Versatile and multifunctional
- Ergonomic design
- Battery life of up to six hours
- May not work well at detecting cat urine
2. Best Anti-Slip:Escolite Ultraviolet Blacklight Detector
This compact flashlight is enveloped in a premium-quality aluminum-alloy body to keep you company through indoor and outdoor adventures. It features an anti-slip design that is easy to hold and super-portable and has 51 LED lights that operate at a 395nm wavelength, which renders it significantly brighter than most flashlights. So, whether you want to uncover your pet’s secret spots or eliminate pests from your lovely garden, this is one of the best UV flashlights to keep you company at all times.
- Super-easy to operate
- Excellent anti-slip grip
- Powered by 3x AA batteries
- Convenient wrist strap and on/off button
- IPX4 waterproof
- Might need to be recharged frequently
3. Best Ipx4 Waterproof:Wociud&Pumteck 2-In-1 LED UV Torch
If you’re looking for a high-efficiency ultraviolet blacklight cum flashlight that can be used both inside and outside the house, this one from Wociud&Pumteck is the right choice. The two-in-one flashlight comes with an adjustable zoom function along with a bright, glaring spotlight that makes it easier for you to observe things over long distances. With a strong output of 395nm, an IPX4 waterproof rating, and three AA batteries, this flashlight can emit light for nine hours when operating in low mode. It also endures light rain and water exposure, making it perfect for night fishing, hiking, or camping trips.
- Stain, fungi, pet urine detection flashlight
- Four lighting modes
- Adjustable field of view
- Compact and easy to carry
- Anti-slip and anti-roll design
- Directions on the label might not be clear
4. Best Antifreeze:Kobra 100 LED Blacklight Flashlight
The Kobra flashlight has been specifically designed to make home and hotel inspections more convenient and effective by revealing leaks and stains of any kind. With a UV power output of 18W, a beam distance of 25 feet, and a width of eight feet, the 100 LED bulb flashlight offers you an excellent range of observation. The UV leak detection flashlight is suitable for both personal and commercial use and is also ideal for spotting scorpions and other creatures in their natural environment.
- Rugged and durable aluminum body
- Black light bulb has a life of 100,000 hours
- Shock-proof and waterproof
- Heavy, textured grip
- May not be very bright
5. Best Integrated Usb:Karrong 3-In-1 Rechargeable UV Flashlight
Illuminate the undetectable with Karrong’s three-in-one rechargeable flashlight that can provide you with up to 660 feet of crystal-clear visibility. Not only is the light easy to transform from a wide to narrow beam, but it also comes with seven different modes of lighting—high, low, strobe, UV light, COB side whitelight, redlight, and a white and red flash. With a wavelength of 395nm, it becomes more convenient than ever for you to detect stains, liquids, and other objects on the floor or even rugs and grass. Some additional features of the pet urine detection flashlight include a strong magnet, ultra-bright COB torch with a 180° wide beam, and an integrated USB port for charging with any device.
- Emits black, white, and COB light
- Super-easy to switch modes
- Suitable for rugged outdoor use
- Zoomable design
- IPX6 waterproof
- UV brightness might be dim
6. Best Mesh Anti-Skid:Darkbeam Light Wood Ultraviolet Flashlight
While this flashlight with a wavelength of 365nm might not seem as bright as a 395nm UV flashlight, it is perfect for detecting anything containing fluorescence and security codes. The portable UV flashlight is powered by one AA battery and has a clip buckle design that makes it super-easy to carry around wherever you go. In addition to a 5W UV LED, a mesh anti-skid design, and durable construction, the flashlight is compact and works on all kinds of surfaces in your living room, kitchen, garage, or backyard.
- Mesh textured design with cooling fins
- Waterproof design
- Zoomable design for clearer detection
- Lightweight, handy, and space-saving
- May not work well in natural light
7. Best For Spot Cleanups:Dulex UV Flashlight With Rechargeable Batteries
This tried-and-tested blacklight flashlight by Dulex is worth the money because of its versatility. From automotive air-conditioner leaks and pet urine stains to bedbugs, industrial fluid leaks, and cracks in antique porcelain or glassware — this UV inspection light can detect it all. In addition, the heavy, well-constructed light is durable, rechargeable, and easy to hold. Further, it has a running time of about five to eight hours after each charge of up to three to four hours, so you can always be prepared for spot cleanups as well as outdoor adventures.
- Has a higher intensity than most flashlights
- Versatile and multifunctional
- Especially useful for finding minerals
- Long-lasting battery life
- Anti-roll design
- Might be slightly heavy
8. Best For Conservation:uvBeast New V3 High Definition Ultraviolet Flashlight
Distinctly unique from its counterparts, the professional-grade uvBeast V3 uses fewer but higher-quality LEDs to accomplish maximum illumination and brightness. It is also a small, compact handheld UV flashlight to work with and doesn’t occupy much space or feel bulky when you need it for your next trip to the great outdoors. In addition to its portability and brightness, users love its two rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries, which are a huge asset as they allow you to conserve energy without compromising on the quality and range of every beam.
- Ideal for low-light environments
- Wavelength of 385-395nm
- Offers a battery life of four hours
- Works in interior and ambient lighting
- Might not be waterproof
9. Best Pocket-Sized:Olight I5UV EOS Keyring Ultraviolet Flashlight
The Olight I5UV EOS UV flashlight stands out from the crowd because of its unique, user-friendly design. Encased in a beautiful blue aluminum-alloy body with splash-dyed magenta dots and double helix knurling around the surface, the flashlight provides excellent ventilation along with a solid grip, making it easier for you to locate things in the dark. The pocket-sized stain detection tool has an IPX8 water-resistance rating and a wavelength of 365nm, and an ultra-powerful output of 1500mW.
- Can be secured with a two-way pocket clip
- Compact and durable
- One-button operation
- Ideal for detecting stains, scorpions, fake notes
- Survives in up to two meters of water for 30 minutes
- UV brightness might be slightly low
10. Best Rechargeable Battery:AloneFire X901UV 365NM UV Flashlight
Rather than using a diode lamp like many UV flashlights, this one comes with a 365nm UV LED source that provides 2,400mW of luminous power, making it suitable for a professional. The lens is equipped with a toughened black filter, which is excellent at keeping out foreign light, thus rendering the effects of the ultraviolet light more visible. The UV light torch for fungi detection also features a micro USB port, a high-output rechargeable battery, and a sturdy aluminum alloy construction to ace the test of durability.
- Ergonomic anti-skid handle
- Pocket clip for easy portability
- Convenient side switch
- Rechargeable with USB
- Might be slightly bulky
How To Choose The Right UV Flashlight?
With such a wide variety of LED UV flashlights in the market, choosing the right one for your needs can be tough. Thus, here’s a brief guide to help you buy one.
1. Wavelength: UV radiation in the 100 to 400nm wavelength is invisible to the naked eye. Therefore, your ultraviolet flashlight should fall within the range of 360 to 395nm as this will allow you to maximize the efficiency of the light while adding more visibility to stains and anything else that contains fluorescence.
2. Compact design and durability: Whether you want the flashlight for indoor or outdoor use, it’s wise to invest in a small or even pocket-sized one that you can carry along to detect stains in your car or illuminate gemstones, minerals, body art, scorpions, and other fascinating objects. Additionally, make sure the flashlight is made of durable, high-quality LED lights that can withstand the test of time.
3. Additional features: In addition to an ergonomic design, you should also ensure that the UV flashlight is waterproof, impact-proof, non-slip, and comes with rechargeable batteries. Furthermore, some of the options feature an adjustable wavelength that allows you to create a suitable light range depending on your tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the difference between shortwave UV light and longwave UV light?
Longwave UV light is produced by low- to high-pressure mercury arcs and has a wavelength of between 320 and 400nm, while shortwave UV light is created by low-pressure arcs with a wavelength of 254nm. Also known as blacklight, longwave UV is considered safe for the eyes. On the other hand, shortwave UV can irritate the eyes and skin.
2. How do blacklight flashlights work?
A blacklight flashlight works by producing a narrow spectral band of UVA light right on the edge of the visible spectrum, which is the range of light that can be seen by the human eye. This helps you detect various hazards and fascinating objects in the environment.
3. Is a UV flashlight the same as a blacklight?
UV light is composed of UVA, UVB, and UVC lights. Blacklight falls under UVA light and emits ultraviolet radiation of low energy and a long wavelength in the UVA band. Another name for blacklight is Wood’s lamp.
4. Can a UV light overheat?
UV lights tend to get hot when they are switched on. However, they do not overheat like incandescent bulbs. UV light may reach about 50-degree Celsius, which is not dangerous to humans.
5. How long do UV flashlights last?
UV flashlights may last up to 15 years. You may extend its lifespan by removing the batteries when not in use.
6. Does UV light purify water?
Yes, UV light is used to disinfect and purify water. It is effective against viruses, bacteria, and protozoa.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso is an experienced writer, reviewer, and researcher who reviews household goods and items that make your life easier. He has compiled this list of the best UV flashlights that are extremely durable, powerful, and safe to use. These flashlights will allow you to detect objects that are undetectable to the naked eye and help you eliminate stains and pests while illuminating rare gemstones and minerals in your environment. He has handpicked those products that are made of high-quality materials, have garnered several positive reviews, and have been recommended by hundreds of users.
Ultraviolet flashlights are indispensable for revealing objects the naked eye can’t see. Whether you have a new pet, a pest problem in the backyard, or enjoy embarking on treasure hunts for unique gemstones and minerals, the best UV flashlight is an essential tool. You’ll find a variety of options that are super-durable, safe to use, and easy to carry around wherever you go. While buying one, make sure it is expert-approved, offers the right wavelength and brightness, and has any other features you might need.
Infographic: What Are The Various Uses Of UV Flashlights?
UV flashlights help spot hidden pet urine stains and offer numerous other benefits. Understanding their diverse uses and purposes can help you recognize their importance. Refer to the infographic below that sheds light on the various uses and benefits of owning a UV flashlight.