Do you find it challenging to identify dog urine stains? No matter how hard you train your dog, it might urinate or defecate secretly in the house. Usually, urine stains and odors can be lurking on the carpet or furniture. No one wants to live with smelly carpets and floors.
If these odors are not removed, your pet can mark them as new peeing areas. So, how to detect pet urine on the carpet? Using a high-quality UV flashlight, you can spot pet urine and invisible stains on floors, carpets, furniture, and other surfaces.
Here is our list of the 11 best UV lights for urine detection to detect invisible stains.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best UV Lights For Urine Detection
Realhunlee UV light can detect urine stains, leaks, contaminants on a surface and even reveal counterfeit currency notes. The portable design of the black light allows you to carry it while traveling. The high-quality aluminum construction makes the product durable.
- Comes with UV sunglasses
- Can also be used for forensic purposes
- The Ip44 construction makes it dust- and waterproof
- Has a battery capacity of 20 hours
- Provides high brightness with its 100 LED lights
- Has one-year warranty
- Battery not included
Suitable to meet the needs of pet owners, travelers, and adventurers, this blacklight UV flashlight provides a UV range of 390nm equipped with 68 LED lights and suitable for pet owners, travelers, and adventurers. The UV flashlight offers a clear image of urine stains, engine oil leaks and can identify rock minerals. You can also carry it during camping trips or use it in agricultural fields as they can spot scorpions and worms.
- Can be used for curing resin and viewing invisible paint
- Has an accessible one-touch button
- Doesn’t require UV glasses to view the stains
- Easy to operate
- Might not work on cat urine stains
- The short handle might not be comfortable to few
With 21 LED lights, Waklyte portable compact UV blacklight has a battery life of six hours. The intense light it produces shows urine marks and bed bugs even in dimly-lit rooms. Besides detecting urine marks, you can use this light to determine the optical brighteners used in cosmetics and baby clothing. The black light can spot scorpions, hidden ink on counterfeit ID cards and banknotes.
- Silicone rings provide water resistance
- Can detect stains at farther distances
- Ergonomic handle with an anti-slip design
- Wrist wrap helps inthe firm handling
- Has a low battery life
- The brightness may reduce as battery levels fall
The uvMonster ultraviolet lamp has 128 LEDs, which can detect pet urine stains even at greater distances. Due to this high-capacity, the product works well even in a well-lit room to spot invisible stains. The ergonomic handle design has anti-abrasive loops and belt loops to provide a firm grip, while the pocket-size built is easy to carry. The flashlight is powered by six AA batteries and has a service life of 20 hours, suitable for camping.
- Can be used to detect scorpions and as an HVAC tool
- Suitable to detect both dog and cat urine
- Can also be used to identify authentic documents
- Aluminum construction offers durability
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Battery consumption might be high
With 51 LED lights and wavelengths up to 400nm, you can view stains at greater distances. The aluminum alloy construction makes this ultraviolet flashlight light and durable. You can also use Esco ultraviolet light to detect the authenticity of passports, banknotes, and even spot scorpions.
- Reveals dry pet urine stains
- Can be used as a nail dryer
- Comes with a lanyard for easy handling
- Helps in mineral identification
- Compact and portable design
- Must be used only with alkaline batteries
- The battery life is low
GKG UV flashlight can identify fluorescent particles in cosmetics and detect scorpions on camping trips. With its adjustable zoom function, you can adjust the brightness as needed and also change the light mode to get a better focus. This product’s rechargeable function is one of its primary features because you no longer need to worry about buying a battery.
- Water-resistant material
- Aluminum alloy construction offers durability
- Can also function with one AA-battery
- Doesn’t heat up due to its cooling fins
- Portable and compact design
- Battery-life may be low
Emitting 395nm, Anker Bolder quickly detects pet urine stains and odorous areas in the house. You don’t have to worry about continually changing batteries. The UV light weighs only 4.3 ounces, so you can take it when you are traveling and staying in a hotel.
- Has a waterproof and durable finish
- Can be used in an external environment
- Comes with a wrist loop for easy handling
- Can be recharged through any USB port
- Might not have a high battery life
Wollcocer pet urine detector has a zoom option as its primary function, helping find stains, leaks, and invisible paint effectively. Its multifunctional design allows you to use this product for medical forensics and document verification purposes. It runs on an AA battery to identify stains and scorpions. This blacklight lamp’s portable design also makes it an ideal camping gear and mineral identification tool.
- Can be used to detect the properties of cosmetics and baby clothes
- Easy to operate
- Has a water resistance design
- Compatible with rechargeable batteries
- Has a shockproof built
- Might not offer high brightness
Sunglasses and zoom design are the main features of the Toprohomie UV urine detector. The black light can help you find bed bugs that are invisible to the naked eye. Its large head diameter enables you to identify stains from another corner of the room. Another feature of this light is that it can be converted into a regular white flashlight when needed, making this multifunctional tool the best camping gear.
- Can be used for currency and document authentications
- Provides high illumination
- Helps in spotting scorpions in the dark
- Works on both dog and cat urine stains
- Can also be used without batteries
- The charge may drain quickly
EverBrite headlamp has a unique headband design that allows you to operate hands-free, ideal for camping. The product can identify dog and cat urine stains and help you complete the deep cleaning of your house. You can adjust the four UV modes according to the surrounding environment’s brightness to avoid eye strain. It has three batteries and has a battery life of up to five hours. You can also adjust its head at multiple angles to achieve a comfortable and ergonomic fit.
- Also helps in scorpion identification
- The band offers a universal fit
- Helps identify authentic currency notes
- Lightweight and portable design
- The light range might be low
Hoxida black light emits high-intensity light of 1000-lumen that can help you identify any unfavorable stains or scorpions from a distance of 600 meters, suitable for camping travel. Its magnetic tail can be attached to any iron surface and comes with seven lighting modes so that you can choose the brightness as per your surroundings. A three-hour charging of this UV flashlight provides a considerable operational time, making it a perfect camping gear.
- Can be charged with any USB port
- Easy to use
- Has zooming and overcharge protection features
- Lightweight and portable design
- Has a comfortable and anti-slip handle
- Durable and waterproof
- Might consume more power to recharge
Things To Consider When Buying UV Light For Urine Detection
Look for these features while buying a UV light for urine detection:
- Durability: Consider buying products made of durable materials with protective functions such as waterproof and dustproof coatings, making it suitable for outdoor adventures. The aluminum alloy is sturdy and can provide a solid structure for the flashlight. With such durable finishes, you can use your UV flashlight even during your outdoor adventures.
- Nanometers: The wavelength range of 365 to 385nm can effectively detect urine stains. The higher wavelength blends into the standard light, so they may not achieve the purpose.
- LED count: This factor will determine the intensity of the UV black light. Most detectors have at least 50 LEDs. It is best to use a black light with 100 LEDs because it has a larger coverage area.
- Protection: Direct viewing of ultraviolet rays is harmful to the eyes. Therefore, choose a light that comes with protective sunglasses.
- Versatility: Most UV flashlights are multipurpose. You can use these UV flashlights when repairing AC gas leaks, identifying fake documents or using them in medical forensics. They also make excellent camping gear.
- Portability: Most flashlights are portable, compact, and lightweight. Therefore, a portable flashlight is ideal for indoors and outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does urine glow under the light?
Urine is composed of urea, creatinine, and phosphorus. Phosphorus reacts with oxygen in the air and illuminates under ultraviolet light. It is difficult to remove this compound with only one wipe. Therefore, you can identify compounds left in the urine when using a black light, not the urine itself.
2. Is it only urine that glows under the light?
You can detect various organic substances that glow in the dark. Saliva, urine, semen, and some minerals glow when exposed to ultraviolet light, reason why UV flashlights are also used in medical forensics.
Ultraviolet blacklight flashlight is a practical and multifunctional tool that can help you detect pet urine stains, identify brighteners in cosmetics, chemicals, or liquids, search for scorpions, detect counterfeit money, cards and passports. You can choose from our list of the 11 best UV blacklight flashlights to detect urine stains and prevent your room from stinking.