The best vibration plates help increase one’s bone density, blood circulation, range of motion, and core strength. Although further research is required in the field, some studies suggest that these plates could improve the immune system and promote greater stimulation and production of hormones in the body (1) (2).
Most vibration plates come with built-in features, including speed regulators, loop resistance bands, and numerous settings. They aid with body toning, weight loss, overall body posture, flexibility, and balance.
Robert Savin, a fitness coach, fat loss expert, and muscle hypertrophy specialist, says,“Vibration plate machines might help improve circulation, improve balance and stability, and reduce muscle soreness and pain. However, ensure you speak to a healthcare professional before using a vibration plate machine.”
Read this post as we’ve listed some tried-and-tested vibration plates from reliable brands available in the market. We also tell you about their wide range of benefits and drawbacks to help you decide on the best option. However, before you buy one, consult your physician or doctor to learn if it is safe for you.
11 Best Vibration Plate Machines For Home Use In 2024
1.Best Flexibility:LifePro Waver Vibration Plate Exercise Machine
The product by LifePro helps to create whole-body vibration for enhanced muscle contraction and stimulation. The whole body vibration plate can improve core strength, reduce stress, and enhance the body’s overall flexibility. You can test out different vibration modes whenever you wish, as It comes with multi-speed settings and a remote control. If you want a detailed review of the product, make sure to take a look at this video to learn how to use this vibration plate model.
- Improves body metabolism and circulation for burning calories effectively
- Offers support through the Guiding Angels feature and video library
- User-friendly display
- Comes with a suction (bottom) and anti-slip rubber (top) for stability during workouts
- Contains four resistance bands for a productive exercise regime
- May stop working effectively after a few uses
"With this machine, I can finally relax my leg muscles after a long day of standing at work. The absence of an option to play music was a letdown, but the intuitive built-in programs make my workouts easy. Plus, the included resistance bands are a thoughtful touch."
2.Best Weight Loss:Bluefin Fitness Dual Motor 3D Vibration Platform
If you are looking for a vibration plate that aids in effective weight loss and body toning, then this dual-motor vibration plate by Bluefin Fitness will not disappoint you. The weight-loss vibration plate contains two powerful internal motors (500W each) to produce an impactful 3D high-speed vibration and oscillation. The time-tested unit comes with additional resistance cables, a nutrition guide, and user-guides for an effective whole-body workout.
- Dynamic grip with an anti-slip surface
- Improves muscle power, bone density, and core strength
- Easy and convenient operation with sweat-resistant and functional remote control
- Comes with integrated Bluetooth speakers
- Contains 180 levels of intensity and five automatic built-in programs/workouts
- LCD screen
- The packaging may not be great
- Might not be as durable as advertised
"I've found a reliable workout buddy in this vibrating plate. It has varied vibration modes for different routines and is a handy choice for low-impact exercise. I like combining it with accessories like dumbbells to improve my results."
3.Best Remote Control:Hurtle Fitness Vibration Platform Workout Machine
The vibration plates for exercise, featuring dynamic oscillating motion technology, creates vibration throughout the body for enhanced strength training, body toning, and fitness. The vibration plate model comes with tension cords that not only help in toning the upper body, buttocks, and thighs, but also improve the overall body stamina and circulation. As per reviews, this vibration training plate contains a remote control to operate the product with ease.
- Comes with adjustable speed range (up to 20 levels)
- Facilitates 2300+ revolutions per minute
- Helps burn fats and improve muscle power
- Comes with detachable arm resistance bands
- Stable and safe with slip-resistant pads and a rubber grip
- May not be fully UL certified
- Might not be as effective as advertised
"After using the vibration plate, I can say it is a boon for rejuvenation after exercising. It was recommended by my physical therapist to improve my joint mobility, and it seems to be doing the job so far. It is quiet, and I like the remote as it adds convenience to my exercise regimen."
LifePro Waver Vibration Plate Exercise Machine
Bluefin Fitness Dual Motor 3D Vibration Platform
Best Weight Loss
Hurtle Fitness Vibration Platform Workout Machine
Best Remote Control
|Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
|27.3 x 15.3 x 5.9 inches
|Number of Items
4.Best Anti-Overload:Fitness Vibration Platform by Pinty
An ideal fitness vibration plate with anti-overload and anti-static features, the product by Pinty comes with a carrying capacity of almost 265lb. Spending just ten minutes on this vibrating fitness plate is equivalent to an hour of jogging. The anti-slip vibration plate contains two resistance bands (detachable) to aid in the effective toning of the upper body and the arm. The vibration plate works to decompress the spine, thereby providing relief to individuals with back pain.
- Ergonomic design with ABS shell for enhanced sturdiness and durability
- Improves the overall flexibility with better body coordination and balance
- Comes with anti-slip feet and suction cups (four) for safety and stability during workouts
- LED display screen for convenient and navigation
- Can adjust the vibration speed (between 1-99) as per requirements
- Integrated wheels to move the device with ease
- Comes with a remote control
- The user guide may not be very informative
"This foot massager does the trick with its multiple vibration modes—it helps alleviate my daily foot ache. It is compact, and the remote's easy to use. I wish the cord were a bit longer for convenience, but still, it has given me relief and improved my blood circulation."
5.Best Adjustable:Vibration Platform Power Plate by Todo
From push-ups, planks, to buttocks bridge, you can try a wide range of exercises with the vibration power plate. The vibration exercise plate has an LCD touchscreen displaying the time, speed, and vibration setting during exercise. One of the best vibration plates for weight loss, the adjustable vibration plate helps improve blood circulation and metabolism. It contains three resistance bands for effective stretching workouts.
- Helps relax and train the whole body
- User-friendly with an automatic and manual mode
- Comes with four anti-slip suction cups at the bottom for enhanced stability
- Tones and relaxes the muscles better
- Supports USB and Bluetooth connect
- Comes with adjustable vibration speed (between 1-99)
- Might not be as effective and durable as advertised
"The vibration platform is part of my daily routine now, and while I enjoy using it, I must say it's a bit noisy. Still, it relieves my back and is enjoyable once you find your rhythm. I also like how compact and portable it is, and I think I've explored every setting it offers."
6.Best Convenient:Bigzzia Vibration Plate
The wide design of the Bigzzia vibration plates provides immense stability, facilitating quicker fat-burning workouts. The platform has acupressure points that allow you to exercise and massage your fatigued legs and arms. Additionally, the vibration therapy plate comes with a skipping rope to add diversity to your fitness regime and make it more fruitful. For easy progress monitoring, the body vibration plate features an LCD screen display and supports a wide range of speed levels, making it suitable for all members of the family.
- Odorless and non-toxic materials
- Bluetooth-enabled audio
- Remote-controlled device
- Anti-slip suction cups at the base
- Durable ABS plastic
- Intense vibrations may not be beginner-friendly
- May not come with comprehensive user instructions
"Quiet and sturdy, this vibration plate adds a twist to my workouts and is a fun and exciting addition to my fitness routine. It is still early, but I'm optimistic about the muscle stimulation and joint health benefits."
7.Best Heavy-Duty:Vibration Platform Massage Machine by Nova Microdermabrasion
If you are looking for a vibration plate for whole-body massage and exercise, then the product by Nova Microdermabrasion is worth trying. From groveling posture to squats, you can try a wide range of full-body postures and exercise with this machine. The LED display vibration plate also contains a rubber surface (protective) and four anti-slip suction cups for stability during workouts. You can adjust the speed (between 1-99) and intensity of the exercise. The heavy-duty vibration plate is made of ABS shell that makes it highly durable and sturdy.
- Ultra-thin and ergonomic design for convenient storage and portability
- Contain two resistance bands to work out the upper body and the arms effectively
- Comes with a non-slip coating to negate the chances of sliding during workouts
- Includes remote control to operate the machine with ease
- Could improve bone density, blood circulation, and muscle strength
- Contains ten automatic operating programs
- Equipped with integrated Bluetooth speakers
- The quality may not be up to the standard
"Though on the bulkier end, it complements all my at-home exercises. It also feels sturdy and functions noiselessly. I would have liked the inclusion of rollers, but the machine has improved my circulation and muscle tone even without that."
8.Best Anti-Slip Grip:Best Choice Products Vibration Plate
The fitness platform by Best Choice Products is an excellent full-body exercise machine for weight loss and body toning, utilizing high-speed vibration. It includes a remote control for convenient operation, and it can also be operated manually. Furthermore, the consumer-tested oscillating vibration plate features ten preset workout modes, making your fitness routine simpler, more organized, and more diverse. With a maximum weight capacity of 330 lb and suction pads for a secure and anti-slip grip, you can focus on your performance without worrying about stability.
- Attached handle for portability
- Adjustable speed at 99 levels
- LCD screen display
- Includes removable resistance bands
- Features low- and high-intensity oscillating vibration modes
- May be bigger than expected
- Plug may be loose
"I've added this vibration plate to my workout routine as it helps with blood circulation and relieves sore muscles. It has become a staple for off days when I don't feel like working out and has been a smart pick for home fitness."
9.Best Versatile:BC Vibrant Health Vibration Platform Machine
With a frequency range of 26Hz to 45Hz and powered by a 500W motor, this BC Vibrant Health vibration platform allows for standing, sitting, and lying down exercises, facilitating a workout regimen for the entire body. In addition to supporting your weight loss efforts, the device also helps reduce inflammation, and enhances muscle activation and strength. With a weight capacity of up to 330lb, the platform allows versatile use. Furthermore, the high-frequency vibration plate comes with an exercise posture to guide you through 54 workouts that target different body parts.
- Suitable for all age groups
- Easy-to-read LED monitor
- Comes with a remote control
- Supports kinetic and isometric exercises
- Include two types of exercise bands
- May be heavier than expected
- Power cord may not be durable
10.Best User-Friendly Display:LifePro Waver Mini Vibration Plate
The Lifepro Waver compact vibration plate has a portable design, making it easy to carry and convenient to store, suitable for both home and travel workouts. With a maximum weight limit of 260 lb and durable ABS plastic construction, this tried-and-tested portable vibration plate model is built to last. In addition to providing relief from arthritis-associated pain, it can also be used to soothe the body aches of pets. This home vibration plate comes with a remote control, a user-friendly display, and adjustable speed range for convenient usage.
- Supports low-impact and high-efficiency workouts
- Facilitates rehabilitative workouts
- Can help build strength and flexibility
- Travel-friendly compact machine
- Low-noise operation
- Power cord may be short
- Resistance bands may have a peculiar smell
"After using this vibration plate consistently, I've found it quite effective for improving circulation in my legs. It has a user-friendly design and is simple to incorporate into my workout routine."
11.Best With Led Lights:Bluefin Fitness 4D Vibration Plate
The Bluefin 4D vibration plate is a powerful exercise machine suitable for magnetic therapy massages. Its footpad is equipped with magnetic beads that help soothe muscle and joint pains after workouts. The wireless remote control body vibration plate features four movement modes, including horizontal, vertical, horizontal + vertical combo, and vertical + horizontal + micro-oscillation. LED lights are also included to help you assess the intensity of your workout. The commercial vibration plate also utilizes three silent motors, ensuring a noiseless workout session for your convenience.
- Comes with a wristband remote control
- Bluetooth-enabled speakers
- Facilitates reflexology
- Includes a comprehensive nutrition and exercise guide
- Length of the resistance bands may be shorted than expected
- Control panel may not be lockable
"This vibration machine allows me to enjoy reflexology-style massages while working at my desk. Its programs are not customizable, but the wide range of intensity levels is a boon. Overall, the machine has worked excellently for relieving joint and muscle pain."
How Safe Are Vibration Plates?
Vibration plates may provide health benefits to the user. However, using the plates for longer durations per day might harm the body.
- Whole-body vibration for long might increase the risk of damage to the brain tissue (3).
- Frequent, high-intensity vibration may result in chronic vascular, musculoskeletal, and neurological dysfunction (4).
- Using the vibration plates may not be advisable for individuals with epilepsy, heart problems (or using a pacemaker), diabetes, migraines, cardiovascular and neurological disorders, as well as pregnant women.
To negate the risk of major health problems, make sure the machine you are using has been designed as per the ISO (International Standard Organization) safety guidelines. Also, use the vibration plate for no more than 10-15 minutes twice or thrice a week, or as recommended by the doctor/physical trainer. Check with your physician before deciding to use one.
How To Choose The Right Vibration Plate?
Selecting the best vibration plate can be easy if you keep the following factors in mind while shopping.
1. With or without handrails: The vibration plates can be with or without a handrail. Those with a handrail come with a raised console that helps the user to have a proper view of the display. The handrail also provides the elderly with better support and balance during the workout.
Vibration plates without a handrail are, however, more portable. Furthermore, they are open and enable you to try a variety of exercises without any hindrances.
2. Motor capacity: Motors with higher horsepower are more convenient to handle heavy loads. A higher motor capacity also ensures higher plate vibration with more amplitude at higher frequencies. It also has the advantage of being less noisy as compared to those with smaller motors.
3. Vibration types: The vibration machines with multiple motors are designed to provide multiple types of vibrations, such as linear, pivotal, and side to side. The pivotal oscillation, for instance, closely resembles a walking motion, while nonlinear oscillation moves both sides of the body up and down. Pick the type of vibration plate based on the kind of vibrations you need to reach your goal.
4. Speed and frequency: The higher the vibration frequency, the more will be the number of vibrations per minute.
You can choose from high and low-speed machines, depending on your fitness levels. Some body vibration plates come with adjustable speeds, making them ideal for beginners and pros.
5. Load capacity: The maximum weight a vibration plate can take may vary from product to product.
6. Preset programs: Many vibration plates come with multiple preset training/operational programs for a perfect workout.
Prefer a product with resistance bands so that you can effectively work on the arms and upper body parts.
7. Safety and stability: Most vibration plates come with anti-slip suction feet and a rubber mat for best grip and to keep the machine stable and the user safe during the workout.
A vibration plate with a user-friendly remote and Bluetooth speaker is an added benefit.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a vibration plate every day?
Yes, you can use a vibration plate daily but do not overuse it. Limit the usage to only ten to 20 minutes.
2. Does just standing on a vibration plate work?
Standing on a vibration plate for 15 minutes can help reduce body fat and improve flexibility.
3. Should I wear shoes on a vibration plate?
You don’t need dedicated shoes to stand on a vibration plate. However, you can rely on sports shoes or workout shoes. Sometimes you can stand on the vibration plate without wearing any shoes, unless you have a foot issue.
4. Who should not use vibration plates?
Those who have heart issues with a history of heart attack, blood clots, or stroke should be away from the vibration plates. Experts say that, when exposed to vibration, you may experience an increase in blood pressure.
5. Can vibration plates be harmful?
Yes, vibration plates can be harmful when they are overused. They may cause neural dysfunction and damage to the arms and hands (4).
6. Do vibration plates help back pain?
Yes, vibration therapy can provide noticeable changes in minimizing pain in the lower back to a certain extent (5). However, it should be performed under medical supervision.
7. Does a vibration machine burn belly fat?
Yes, a full-body vibration machine can help you burn belly fat and aid in weight loss. However, you should follow a healthy diet along with exercise to get desired results.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibration plates have great health benefits, such as increasing bone density and core strength. Therefore, to help you buy a good vibration plate, Wedetso Chirhah, our experienced writer and reviewer of fitness products, has compiled a list of the top reviewer-tested ones. This list has been prepared after scouring several online websites and customer reviews. Distinctive features like vibration type, speed, vibration frequency, load capacity, and more have been mentioned in product descriptions. Wedetso has also included the pros and cons and a detailed buying guide to help you understand the product before buying it.
Whole body vibrations are being researched as an effective form of exercise. The tried-and-tested options listed here are durable and smooth-functioning, and they help you improve blood circulation, range of motion, and your body’s flexibility. The best vibration plates allow you to alleviate stress, whether sitting, standing, or lying down on the machine.
Our favorite picks are the Bluefin Fitness Dual Motor 3D Vibration Platform with dual motors, the Hurtle Fitness Vibration Platform Workout Machine with adjustable speed range, and the Best Choice Products Vibration Plate with remote control mechanism. However, before you make the purchase, ensure this activity is approved by your physician, especially if you have a pre-existing health condition like heart problems or diabetes.
Infographic: Points To Consider When Getting A Vibration Plate
A vibration plate is a tool that lets you relax or exercise your muscles with the help of vibrations. Vibration therapy is believed to have a lot of mental and physical benefits. Read the infographic to learn what to consider when getting a vibration plate.
1. Song N, Liu X, Feng Q, et al.; Whole Body Vibration Triggers a Change in the Mutual Shaping State of Intestinal Microbiota and Body’s Immunity; Front Bioeng Biotechnol
2. Cardinale M, Wakeling J; Whole body vibration exercise: are vibrations good for you?; British Journal of Sports Medicine
3. Ji-Geng Yan, et al., Cumulative Brain Injury from Motor Vehicle-Induced Whole-Body Vibration and Prevention by Human Apolipoprotein AI Molecule Mimetic (4F) Peptide (an Apo AI Mimetic); National Center for Biotechnology Information
4. Jesse Muir, et al., Safety and severity of accelerations delivered from whole body vibration exercise devices to standing adults; National Center for Biotechnology Information
5. Whole-body vibration exercise for low back pain.
5. American Association of Neurological Surgeons; Shaken Baby Syndrome .