Vibration plates are effective exercise equipment to help improve the bone density, blood circulation, and core strength of an individual. Studies suggest that these plates could boost the immune system and facilitate better stimulation and production of hormones in the body, although more research may be needed to support the theory (1) (2).
A vibration plate is equipped with built-in features, such as resistance bands, speed regulators, and multiple settings. These fitness plates may help in weight loss, body toning, and improve overall body posture, balance, and flexibility.
Listed below are some of the best vibration plates/machines you can buy. We have also listed their pros and cons to make your selection process easier. But before you buy one, do check with your physician or doctor to know if they are safe for you .
11 Best Vibration Plates
The product by LifePro helps to create whole-body vibration for enhanced muscle contraction and stimulation. The vibration plate could improve the core strength, reduce stress, and enhance the body’s overall flexibility. It comes with a remote control to adjust the settings conveniently.
- Improves body metabolism and circulation for burning calories effectively
- Offers support through the Guiding Angels feature and video library
- User-friendly display with multi-speed settings
- Comes with a suction (bottom) and anti-slip rubber (top) for stability during workouts
- Contains four resistance bands for a productive exercise regime
- May stop working effectively after a few uses
If you are looking for a vibration plate that aids in effective weight loss and body toning, then this product by Bluefin Fitness will not disappoint you. The weight-loss vibration plate contains two powerful internal motors (500W each) to produce an impactful 3D vibration and oscillation. The product comes with additional resistance cables, nutrition guide, and user-guides for an effective whole body workout.
- Dynamic grip with an anti-slip surface
- Improves muscle power, bone density, and core strength
- Easy and convenient operation with sweat-resistant and functional remote control
- Comes with integrated Bluetooth speakers
- Contains 180 levels of intensity and five automatic built-in programs/workouts
- LCD screen
- The packaging may not be great
- Might not be as durable as advertised
The vibration plates for exercise, featuring dynamic oscillating motion technology, creates vibration throughout the body for enhanced strength training, body toning, and fitness. The product comes with tension cords that not only help in toning the upper body, buttocks, and thighs, but also improve the overall body stamina and circulation. The vibration plate contains a remote control to operate the product with ease.
- Comes with adjustable speed settings (up to 20 levels)
- Facilitates 2300+ revolutions per minute
- Helps burn fats and improve muscle power
- Comes with detachable arm resistance bands
- Stable and safe with slip-resistant pads and a rubber grip
- May not be fully UL certified
- Might not be as effective as advertised
An ideal fitness vibration plate with anti-overload and anti-static features, the product by Pinty comes with a carrying capacity of almost 265lb. Spending just ten minutes on this machine is equivalent to an hour of your jogging. The product contains two resistance bands (detachable) to aid in the effective toning of the upper body and the arm. The vibration plate works to decompress the spine, thereby providing relief to individuals with back pain.
- Ergonomic design with ABS shell for enhanced sturdiness and durability
- Improves the overall flexibility with better body coordination and balance
- Comes with anti-slip feet and suction cups (four) for safety and stability during workouts
- LED display screen for convenient and navigation
- Can adjust the vibration speed (between 1-99) as per requirements
- Integrated wheels to move the device with ease
- Comes with a remote control
- The user guide may not be very informative
From push-ups, planks, to buttocks bridge, you can try a wide range of exercises with the vibration power plate. The product comes with an LCD touchscreen that displays the time, speed, and vibration setting during exercise. One of the best vibration plates for weight loss, the product helps improve blood circulation and metabolism. It contains three resistance bands for effective stretching workouts.
- Helps relax and train the whole body
- User-friendly with an automatic and manual mode
- Comes with four anti-slip suction cups at the bottom for enhanced stability
- Tones and relaxes the muscles better
- Supports USB and Bluetooth connect
- Comes with adjustable vibration speed (between 1-99)
- Might not be as effective and durable as advertised
Made from 100% genuine ABS material and purity rubber, the product by iDeer Life plays a pivotal role in improving the overall muscle tone and physical fitness. One of the best vibration plate machines, the product comes with four anti-slip suction feet for better stability during workouts. The vibration plate contains two resistance bands for an effective toning of the upper body and arms and a maximum load capacity of up to 330lb.
- Could aid in effective cellulite reduction and weight loss
- User-friendly with an LED display and remote control
- Comes with ten different automatic operating programs
- Adjustable speed (between 1-120) to vary the intensity of the exercise as per requirement
- Portable, non-toxic, and odor-free
- Powerful motor for a high-frequency vibration to optimize the exercise and workout sessions
- A bit expensive
If you are looking for a vibration plate for whole-body massage and exercise, then the product by Nova Microdermabrasion is worth trying. From groveling posture to squats, you can try a wide range of full-body postures and exercise with this machine. The product contains a rubber surface (protective) and four anti-slip suction cups for stability during workouts. You can adjust the speed (between 1-99) and intensity of the exercise. The vibrating plate is made of ABS shell that makes it highly durable and sturdy.
- Ultra-thin and ergonomic design for convenient storage and portability
- Contain two resistance bands to work out the upper body and the arms effectively
- Comes with a non-slip coating to negate the chances of sliding during workouts
- LED display and remote control to operate the machine with ease
- Could improve bone density, blood circulation, and muscle strength
- Contains ten automatic operating programs
- Equipped with integrated Bluetooth speakers
- The quality may not be up to the standard
The vibration exercise machine has two internal motors (200W each) for reliability and optimal performance. The product comes with three vibration modes (horizontal, left-right, and up-down) and 3D oscillation (left-right, and up-down) to exercise the entire body. It also has insulation, over-heat, short-circuit, and stable voltage protection. The product has a weight capacity of up to 330lb and helps strengthen the spine and muscles. Individuals with back pain may benefit from using this machine.
- Can adjust the vibration speed up to 120 levels
- LED screen, remote control with user-friendly control panel
- Comes with two detachable resistance bands for an effective workout of the arms and upper body
- Stable and safe with anti-slip rubber feet and multiple circuit protection
- Solid ABS construction for corrosion and shock-resistant exercise
- May be a bit heavy
The vibration plate enables full body vibration to improve muscle power and core strength. The product comes with three vibration options for walking, jogging, and running to take your fitness regime to another level. The non-toxic and odor-free product has a bright LCD screen that displays the speed, time, and other factors to keep track of your progress.
- Contains two resistance bands
- Ultra-slim design and made from purity rubber, ABS material (100% upgraded)
- Solid structure for better performance and durability
- Dual internal motor for high-frequency vibration to aid weight loss
- Contains four anti-slip suction rubber feet for stability during workout
- Equipped with integrated a Bluetooth speaker
- Comes with a remote control
- Doesn’t have wheels, thus difficult to move
The product by Techmoo could help relax and rejuvenate the muscles throughout the body and also stimulate blood circulation. It has adjustable speed (between 1-99) and intensity and comes with a touchscreen control panel. The maximum capacity of this vibration plate is 256lb. Just ten minutes daily on the vibration plate could give you the benefits of an hour of jogging.
- Contains four adjustable programs (three automatic and one manual)
- Comes with wheels (bottom) for easy and hassle-free storage and portability
- Highly stable with four rubber (anti-slip) suction feet
- Additional resistance bands with mini yoga bands for effective toning, stretching
- Durable with ABS construction
- Fully functional remote control to manage the speed with ease
- The user guide may not be very informative and helpful
From calf massage to lower back and hamstring massage, the product by Power Fit helps with powerful and effective legs, feet, and lower body massage workouts. The vibration foot massager contains unique oscillating acupressure heads to keep your legs and feet relaxed and revitalized. The vibration power plates come with ten massage levels and adjustable speed so that you can choose the intensity and speed of the massage pressure as required.
- Provides relief from Morton’s neuroma
- Helps reduce stress and improve overall body circulation
- Lightweight, easy to use and store
- Great built-in features such as time control, silicone pads, and easy to read and operate program display
- Comes with three preset program modes to tone, soothe, and rejuvenate the tired and sore feet and legs
- May not always function as claimed
- Not durable
How Safe Are Vibration Plates?
Vibration plates may provide health benefits to the user. However, using the plates for longer durations per day might harm the body.
- Whole-body vibration for long might increase the risk of damage to the brain tissue (3).
- Frequent, high-intensity vibration may result in chronic vascular, musculoskeletal, and neurological dysfunction (4).
- Using the vibration plates may not be advisable for individuals with epilepsy, heart problems (or using a pacemaker), diabetes, migraines, cardiovascular and neurological disorders, as well as pregnant women.
To negate the risk of major health problems, make sure the machine you are using has been designed as per the ISO (International Standard Organization) safety guidelines. Also, use the vibration plate for no more than 10-15 minutes twice or thrice a week, or as recommended by the doctor/physical trainer. Do check with your physician before deciding to use one.
How To Choose The Right Vibration Plate?
Selecting the best vibration plate can be easy if you keep the following factors in mind while shopping.
1. With or without handrails: The vibration plates can be with or without a handrail. Those with a handrail come with a raised console that helps the user to have a proper view of the display. The handrail also provides the elderly with better support and balance during the workout.
Vibration plates without a handrail are, however, more portable. Furthermore, they are open and enable you to try a variety of exercises without any hindrances.
2. Motor capacity: Motors with higher horsepower are more convenient to handle heavy loads. A higher motor capacity also ensures higher plate vibration with more amplitude at higher frequencies. It also has the advantage of being less noisy as compared to those with smaller motors.
3. Vibration types: The vibration machines with multiple motors are designed to provide multiple types of vibrations, such as linear, pivotal, and side to side. The pivotal oscillation, for instance, closely resembles a walking motion, while non-linear oscillation moves both sides of the body up and down. Pick one based on the type of vibrations you need to reach your goal.
4. Speed and frequency: The higher the frequency, the more will be the number of vibrations per minute.
You can choose from high and low-speed machines, depending on your fitness levels. Some vibration plates come with adjustable speeds, making them ideal for beginners and pros.
5. Load capacity: The maximum weight a vibration plate can take may vary from product to product.
6. Preset programs: Many vibration plates come with multiple preset training/operational programs for an effective workout.
Prefer a product with resistance bands so that you can effectively workout on the arms and upper body parts.
7. Safety and stability: Most vibration plates come with anti-slip suction feet and a rubber grip to keep the machine stable and the user safe during the workout.
A vibration plate with a user-friendly remote and Bluetooth speaker is an added benefit.
Though the vibration plates may be effective in alleviating stress by exercising the entire body, individuals with a pre-existing health condition (such as diabetes, heart problems) should use the machine only on the recommendation of their attending physician or a physical trainer. It is also important to go through the user manual carefully before operating the vibration plate.
2. Cardinale M, Wakeling J; Whole body vibration exercise: are vibrations good for you?; British Journal of Sports Medicine
3. Ji-Geng Yan, et al., Cumulative Brain Injury from Motor Vehicle-Induced Whole-Body Vibration and Prevention by Human Apolipoprotein AI Molecule Mimetic (4F) Peptide (an Apo AI Mimetic); National Center for Biotechnology Information
4. Jesse Muir, et al., Safety and severity of accelerations delivered from whole body vibration exercise devices to standing adults; National Center for Biotechnology Information