Keep your wallet safe with our list of the best wallet trackers. Sometimes you can be in a situation when you oversleep and are late for work. While hurriedly getting ready, you may forget the wallet and leave for the office. By the time you realize it might be too late or when you come back to search for it, you may not find it. It can also be frustrating if the wallet is stolen since someone could access your credit cards or other personal items. Missing or misplacing a wallet is common, so a wallet tracker could save your time and avoid hassles. You may place this smart gadget inside your wallet, and its built-in GPS tracker or Bluetooth could help you locate the wallet within a short time.
With a variety of features, choosing the right wallet tracker may be difficult. So, go through our list of products and features to find one that suits your requirements.
10 Best Wallet Trackers Of 2023
Among one of the best-selling Bluetooth-based trackers in the world, this Tile combo pack contains 2 slims and mates. Both slim and mate devices are ideal for use in your wallet. Compatible with Android devices and Apple iOS, this Bluetooth tracking gadget can help find your wallet in just a few seconds. However, if your lost item is not within the Bluetooth range, you can still find it with the help of the Tile community. While mate comes with a hole so that it can be attached to a wallet with a hook, slim is extremely thin and fits in your wallet easily. So, when you can’t find your purse, use your phone to ring the gadget. It will continue to ring until you have found it. Aside from that, these gadgets feature a button, which, when double pressed, can ring your lost phone even when it’s on silent.
- Features 4 preset ringtones
- Square shape
- Comes with GPS tracker
- Includes a non-replaceable battery that lasts for a year
- The batteries are not replaceable.
2. CUBE Tracker
Are you someone who loses their wallet often? If yes, then this CUBE tracker is the right choice for you. All it takes is three simple steps to help you track your tagged item. Attach this tracking device to your wallet, ping the tracker using your phone to make it ring, and quickly locate the wallet. The Bluetooth feature will tell you whether you are near or far from the object. And if the object is not visible in the Bluetooth range (within 100 ft), the app will show you the last known location on the map. This tracker app claims to find an item even after 2 years. It is waterproof and you only need to replace the battery once a year.
- Includes extra battery
- Features a separation alert alarm
- Use as a selfie remote for your phone camera
- Helps you get the precise location of your phone when on silent
- You may need to update the app regularly
Esky RF Item Locator is a good option for people who don’t want to use a smartphone and a Bluetooth tracking app. This set includes 1 transmitter and 6 receivers, all of which are color-coded. So when you lose your wallet, just make this classic tracker give out a loud beep (80 dB) and lead you to the lost wallet. This wireless item tracker can detect personal items within the range of 100 ft with the press of a button. To understand the nuances of the smart tracker in detail, you can check out this review.
- Features a red LED light
- Rectangle shape
- Includes 8 batteries
- Comes with 6 key rings, loop tapes, and hooks
- Helps you locate your phone when on silent
- It can help get the precise location of items such as keys, mobile phones, pets, and more.
- The sound may be too low.
4. Innway Card
This Innway Card is ultra-thin to be conveniently slid into your wallet or purse, but sturdy enough to last long. At 1.5 mm, this black card is as thin as a credit card. It helps you track your wallet when it’s nearby, i.e., if it is within the 30-meter range. This location tracker device records your item’s last seen time and location right before the card disconnected from your phone. One of the best things about this smart tracker device is that it features a rechargeable battery, which, when charged for 2 hours, lasts up to 6 months. Check out this YouTuber’s review of this product.
- 70 dB sound level
- Helps you locate your phone
- Doubles as a camera trigger to take selfies
- Compatible with iOS and Android smartphones
- Available in 3 other colors – red, green, and blue
- May take a long time to set up the companion app
Smart LB’s wallet tracker works hand in hand with your mobile phone and helps you track your wallet when you lose it within the 200ft Bluetooth range. It plays a loud sound until you find it. The classic tracker is compatible with iOS and Android devices and beeps to remind you if you have left your wallet behind. The device works for up to 45 days after a charge of four hours. Moreover, an impressive feature of this wallet is that it can make your phone ring even if it is in silent mode. It is available in black, blue, brown, and red.
- Efficient battery
- Suitable for gifting
- Batteries included
- Long battery life
- May not connect easily
The most common item that most of us tend to misplace quite frequently is our wallet. So, to help you quickly locate your wallet, especially on those frenzied mornings, we present to you Evershop Item Finder. This classic tracker has a smart anti-lost feature that immediately alerts you when you have lost your wallet or if it is out of the Bluetooth range. All you need to do is download the Nut app on your phone and pair the device with it. The location tracker app can also show the last seen time and exact location of your wallet on a map. The device features an LED light that helps you find your item in the dark. This tracker has a variety of features, including one-touch find, group sharing, lost and found network, and left phone alerts. It has a huge network with a 165 ft outdoor and 66 ft indoor range. Measuring 3.8 x 2.5 x 0.06in, its the perfect size for small pockets.
- The battery lasts for up to 10 months
- Has a built-in sound driver chip
- Comes with a lanyard
- Works with Apple iOS and Android devices
- The beeping sound can go up to 90 dB
- The tracker helps you locate your lost phone
- Companion app might be a little complicated for some.
One of the best trackers for wallets, this one by Wopin, features an anti-lost alarm that issues a separation alert with a beep sound or audible alarm if your wallet goes beyond the Bluetooth range of 165 ft outdoors and 115 ft indoors. In addition to that, a notable feature of this tracker is that it also records the last location where the tracker lost connection with your phone. By showing an approximate location, it helps streamline your search. This tracker can also be tagged to your keyring, luggage, camera, and other valuable items. Lost your phone? Don’t worry! Ring your phone using the tracker card to easily find it, as it beeps loudly even when it’s on vibration or silent mode. Finding your lost items can’t get any simpler and quicker than this!
- Compact and portable
- Rechargeable battery
- Includes a key ring and a USB cable
- Works as a remote control for the phone camera
- Compatible with iOS and Android smartphones
- The app might be a little tricky to use initially.
With this classic tracker in your wallet, you will never have to worry about losing your wallet again. Not only is this device lightweight and functional, but it’s ultra-stylish, too. With the help of the reliable Nut app, this pebble-shaped tracker will stay in constant connection with your phone and will beep to let you know when the connection is lost (if it is beyond 50 meters). And when you are in a rush and can’t find your tagged item, use the find-it mode to locate it quickly. This tracker is tiny, easy to carry, and convenient to use. It comes with a replaceable battery that has a long life and will last between 8 and 10 months. This pack includes a pleasant white and a modern-looking green wallet finder.
- Has a group sharing feature
- Two-way searching feature
- Low-power Bluetooth
- Features an indicator light
- Works with Android and iOS systems
- The app can record the last location of your lost item.
- May not work once the battery is replaced
9. Innway Chip
Innway Chip is considered to be one of the best trackers for wallets and for a good reason. With 2.5 mm thickness, this Chip is ultra-thin and can fit in or attach to your purse conveniently. Besides, this square-shaped tracker can also be stuck on remote controllers, passport covers, and power banks. A notable feature of this tracker is that it has a two-way finding mode, which means you can locate the tracker (if it is within 100 ft range) with the help of the app on your phone and find your phone using the Chip. The smart tracker comes with a rechargeable battery that only takes two hours to recharge fully. Plus, it will alert you when your battery runs low.
- A sound level of 70 dB
- The battery lasts for 3 months
- Records last seen location
- Comes with an adhesive tape
- Works with iOS and Android phones
- The app may drain your phone’s battery.
Get a set of this wallet tracker to save yourself the trouble of losing your wallet and other important items. All you have to do is download the app on your phone, connect the tracker via Bluetooth, and drop it in your purse or wallet. Whenever you misplace your tagged item, you can easily find it with a single click when it is in the Bluetooth tracking range. The tracker works up to a maximum distance of 164 ft outdoors and 114 ft indoors. The finder has an anti-lost function, which means it will begin to ring if it loses connection with your phone to remind you that you have forgotten your wallet. Likewise, the app can also show the last known time and location of the lost item. You can also use this smart tracker device as a shutter button for your phone camera.
- Two-way tracking system
- Comes with 2 replaceable batteries
- The battery has 6 months standby time
- The app works on Android and iOS phones
- May give false alarms sometimes
Before you buy a wallet tracker for yourself, it’s essential to go through some of these factors.
How Does A Wallet Tracker Work And How To Use It
A wallet tracker is a small device that can be attached to or slipped in your wallet. It helps you keep track of your wallet if you have misplaced or lost it. It primarily uses Bluetooth 4.0, a.k.a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your smartphone. You need to download the accompanying app on your phone and link the finder to it.
So, when your wallet goes missing, you can use the app on your phone to locate the tagged item. The tracker will beep or ring loudly and sometimes even flash its LED light until you have found it.
Benefits Of Wallet Trackers
- They are tiny and portable.
- They have long battery life.
- They are efficient for both indoor and outdoor use.
- They are versatile as they can also be attached to your keyrings, backpacks, and TV remotes. Some of them can be tagged to your pet’s collar.
- They have a bi-directional function, which means you can use the phone to find the missing item and use the tracker to locate your phone.
How To Choose The Right Wallet Tracker
- Type: Before you decide to buy a wallet tracker, you need to understand that there are 2 types of wallet finders:
- Radio-controlled finder: This wallet finder comes with a transmitter and receiver. It uses radio signals to track your tagged item.
- Bluetooth-enabled finder: This uses Bluetooth technology to find your lost wallet. Although Bluetooth tracking gadgets are much more popular than RF ones, the one you choose depends on your preference and convenience.
- Design: If you are looking for a tracker for your wallet, you need something that can easily fit in it. That said, most wallet trackers are small and thin enough to be slid into your wallet.
- Signal range: The signal range refers to the maximum distance your phone can detect the wallet tracker. The range of the tracker may vary from 50 to 300 ft depending on the brand. Always opt for a tracker that provides a broad signal range strong enough to penetrate through walls, doors, and cushions. This will help you locate your wallet quickly.
- Battery: Some wallet trackers make use of replaceable batteries while others use rechargeable batteries. Replacement batteries have a longer lifespan of at least 1 year. The rechargeable ones last for 3 to 4 months and can be recharged once the battery runs low. So, choose something that’s convenient for you.
- Volume and visual alerts: It’s good to opt for a tracker that has an audible alert, such as a ring or beep loud enough to be heard across rooms. Some of them also come with alerts that are noticeable in constrained or dark places.
- Additional features: There are a few other extra features that you could look out for when purchasing a tracker. Some of them can be used as a camera shutter for your phone camera, while others have a GPS-like feature that can show the last known location of your wallet (right before it got disconnected from your phone). Most of the wallet trackers have bi-directional functionality. Certain trackers also come with a feature that can alert you when your phone goes beyond the Bluetooth range.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced product writer, with an interest in electronic products. Having extensive knowledge on the topic, he has gone through various product reviews and quality parameters to compile this list of the best wallet trackers. Keeping your needs in mind, he has listed each one with details about its compatibility, use, battery life, design, and overall efficiency. You will also find sections on how to use, benefits, and a buying guide to help you make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I track my wallet?
The steps to track your wallet are download a tracking device app. Connect app to your phone’s bluetooth and location. Connect app with your choice of wallet tracker. Now, place tracker in your wallet and locate it either using GPS, music app (most trackers can play songs from your YouTube Music App), or LED flashlight built in the device.
2. How long do wallet trackers last?
Depending on the brand and how well it’s used and maintained, on an average, wallet trackers can last up to three years.
3. What is the thinnest wallet tracker?
Wallet trackers broadly come in three forms – device, card, and chip – of which card and chip are comparatively the thinnest variants, depending on the brand you choose.
4. How far does a tracking device go?
A lot depends on the type of app and tracking device you use along with your phone’s signal strength. On average, the range of the tracker can vary anywhere between 100 and 200 feet.
5. How accurate is a wallet tracker?
If the battery is well-charged, the phone’s signal is proper, and the device is well within the range of the signal, most wallet trackers respond promptly and issue a separation alert, either with an audible alarm, a beep sound, or music, making it quite easy for you to retrieve your lost wallet.
If you tend to misplace your wallet often, investing in the best wallet trackers can be a good idea. With their built-in GPS trackers and Bluetooth, these handy devices help locate your misplaced wallet with ease, so you never have to step out without your wallet. Before making a purchase, ensure the tracker offers a broad signal range to track your wallet even when it is far away. Also, consider models with prolonged battery life, like the IP57 water-resistant Tile Mate and Slim Trackers, which can operate for up to a year without recharging. You should also ensure the sound alert is sufficiently loud, akin to the Esky RF Item Locator, which boasts an 80dB audible beep. Select a wallet tracker with supplementary features designed to effortlessly locate various objects.
Infographic: Factors To Consider When Buying Wallet Trackers
If you tend to misplace your wallet or are traveling and want to keep an eye on your valuables, buying a wallet tracker can be a valuable investment. However, before purchasing a wallet tracker, there are several factors that you should consider. So, look at the infographic below for some tips.
- Best GPS Trackers For Cars
- Best Pedometers For Kids
- Best Fitness Trackers For Women
- Best GPS Watches For Kids
- Best Smartwatches For Kids