Nurses and healthcare workers work around the clock, and a crucial aspect of their job is to keep track of time. The best watch for nurses is an unerring yet stylish timepiece that can make a statement at work and other events. It helps them keep an accurate track of time and is reliable, waterproof, and durable. The options we have listed here are known for their functionality, comfort, and quality craftsmanship. Take a look at our reviews and choose your favorite one!
14 Best Watches For Nurses
1. Best Stainless Steel: Vavc Nurse Watch
The Vavc Nurse watch has a traditional appearance with a large white dial and 12- and 24-hour markers. This trusted watch is made of high-quality surgical-grade stainless steel and has a silicone band construction for durability and convenience. Additionally, this silicone nurse watch is crafted to withstand water splashes and frequent handwashing, thus catering to the needs of doctors, nurses, medical students, and other healthcare workers.
- Scratch- and shock-resistant
- Accurate and functional
- Easy to read
- Easy to clean
- Dial may be a bit large for smaller wrists
"I appreciate this functional watch for its easy-to-read numbers. However, at first, the military time was slightly confusing for me. But practicing it helped me a lot. With a sleek look and water-resistant feature, I feel this watch is appealing and apt for my profession."
2. Best With Easy-Release Strap: Blekon Original Nurse Watch
The Blekon watch features 12-hour and 24-hour markers in military time, making it easy for medical professionals to keep track of time. Its illuminating minute and hour hands and vibrant red second hand make it easy to record a patient’s pulse even in low-light conditions. Additionally, the 3ATM water-resistant watch can sustain washing, sweating, and light rain, making it suitable for everyday use.
- Easy-release strap
- Soft silicone band
- Alloy steel case
- Easy to clean
- Available in a variety of colors
- Dial may trap moisture over time
- Might be a bit heavier than expected
"This watch has become my favorite with its glow-in-the-dark feature, easy cleaning, and stretchy silicone band. The water resistance made the watch withstand frequent handwashing at my clinical work. However, I felt the strap was long for small wrists. It can be a practical gifting option as well."
3. Best Clip-on Design: Lancardo Lapel Watch
With high-quality quartz movement, this beautifully crafted colorful nurse watch comes with cute leaf patterns on the sleeve. The easy-to-clean interchangeable cover is made from silicone and can hold the watch securely. There is a safe and secure retractable clip on the back. As per reviews, it features a unique easy-to-pull clasp chain design and a strong elastic rope connection.
- Easy-to-read Arabic markers
- Clip-on design
- Water-resistant fob watch
- Affordable option
- Retractor may not be highly durable
- Battery life may be shorter than expected
- Some may find the size big
"This retractable watch provides me the comfort of reading time with ease while monitoring my patients' pulse or heart rate. I was amazed by the clip-on style. However, the decors on the watch seemed flimsy. Overall, pretty satisfied with it."
Vavc Nurse Watch
Best Stainless Steel
Blekon Original Nurse Watch
Best With Easy-Release Strap
Lancardo Lapel Watch
Best Clip-on Design
|1 Batteries required
|1 LR44 batteries required
|0.39 x 0.39 x 0.39 inches
4. Best Durable: Prestige Medical Basic Student Watch
Prestige Medical basic student watch is made from surgical-grade stainless steel. It is specially designed for medical professionals and is accurate, easy to use, and clean. This best-selling nurse pocket watch features a 24-hour dial, a white plastic case, bold digits, and visible hands.
- Quartz movement
- Durable and reliable watch
- No loud ticking
- Nurse-friendly design
- Might become dirty quickly
- May have quality issues
- Knob to change the time might lose its functionality
"I like this watch's convenient and sleek design. It is easy to clean and suitable for nurses. However, it is not as water-resistant as I expected it to be. This watch has been my companion throughout nursing school."
5. Best Water-Resistant: Speidel Medical Scrub Glow Watch
The tried-and-tested, reliable three-hand Japanese quartz movement watch features a white dial with 12- and 24-hour markers. It has luminous hour and minute hands that are visible in dark conditions. The easy-to-read dial of this pulse timer nurse watch lights up at the push of a button, and an evident second-hand ensures accurate pulse reading. There are multiple silicone band colors to choose from according to the code and occasion. Check out this review of the product if you require more details.
- Easy to read
- Accurate and functional
- Water-resistant stainless-steel case
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Battery life may not be great
- Some may find the light-up feature not so impressive
"I love this watch for its quality, water resistance, and convenience of wearing it at work. The easy-to-read numbers help read time in a rush. However, I felt the band’s loops were slightly flimsy."
6. Best Design: Wior Nurse Lapel Pin Watch
The Wior nurse lapel pin watch makes an ideal choice for those who do not like to wear bulky and tight watches on their wrists. You can pin this unique, simple style nurse fob watch on clothes or wherever convenient. It is made from alloy, has a quartz movement, and is water-resistant.
- Unique design
- Sturdy and convenient
- Smart and stylish
- Easy read dial
- Flimsy protective clasp
- May have durability issues
- Loud ticking sound
"This shirt clock lets me clip it to my scrubs instead of wearing it on my wrist. Its water-resistant feature gave me the comfort of using it daily. However, it is not suitable for swimming. Overall, I love this watch and am happy to use it."
7. Best Glowing Pointers: Anzorhal Nurse Watch
The clip-on nurse watch, available in a range of colors, has a premium-quality quartz movement and a glowing pointer. This waterproof nurse watch, known for its quality craftsmanship, has a silicone rubber housing with a pin to easily attach it to the dress or stethoscope. The easy-to-read dial is detachable from the case for easy sterilization.
- Lapel watch
- Good size
- Easy to use
- Glowing pointers make it easy to read
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor activities
- Pin may not be secure
- Some may find durability issues
"These watches gave me the comfort of taking vitals and monitoring heart rate. However, clasping them to the clothes seems slightly challenging. But once clipped properly, they remained intact."
8. Best With Large Dial: Nurse Mates Women’s Uni-Watch
Nurse Mates’ Uni-Watch has separate hands for indicating minutes, hours, and seconds, making it easy for medical professionals to keep track of time and record patients’ vitals. The trusted medical watch for nurses has large, easy-to-read numbers in EKG dial with 12- and 24-hour time markings and a water-resistant body that keeps it damage-free despite frequent hand washing.
- Has a comfortable silicone strap
- Clear dial
- Does not discolor
- Easy to clean
- Dial may have a slightly rough base
- Might drain the batteries quickly
"This watch's silicone band offered me the correct fit, and I can comfortably wear it for long hours. However, it looked slightly big on my wrist. The water resistance seems great. I would recommend it for its quiet ticking, military timing, and extra-long strap."
9. Best Super-Soft Silicone: Plaris Nurse Watch
The Plaris nurse watch works with three-hand quartz movement that is perfect for taking the patient’s vitals. It has big fonts with military-style 12- and 24-hour markings. The super-soft and comfortable silicone strap is easy to clean.
- Simple design
- Water-resistant up to 30m
- Can be worn for casual and formal occasions
- Easy-to-read markings
- Some find the second hand flimsy
- May have calibration issues
"I found this watch reliable for long-term use. I was amazed by its military timings as it was convenient to read my patients' pulse. It offered me the right fit for my wrist, and cleaning was simple. However, the strap may wear off gradually."
10. Best Faux Leather Build: Nurse Mates Military Dial Watch
The Nurse Mates watch is a simple, functional, and fashionable watch. With comfortable construction and superior quality movement, this time-tested, easy-to-read watch features a 1¼-inch golden dial with 12- and 24-hour markings and a white strap, making it an excellent choice for nurses.
- Comfortable size
- Military time display
- Large readable face
- Durable faux leather build
- May not be water-resistant
- Makes loud clicking noise
"I bought this lovely watch for its easy-to-read display, accurate fit, and water resistance, which made this a worthwhile purchase. However, it can't withstand water submersions."
11. Best Luminous Dial: Bestgrew Unisex Nurses Luminous Lapel Pocket Watch
With high precision and superior-quality quartz movement, the Bestgrew unisex nursing watch with a lapel pocket is suitable for nurses and medical professionals. This luminous glow-in-the-dark nurse watch is ideal for medical professionals with night shifts. The infection-control watch is unisex and includes brooch pins and silicone covers.
- Easy-to-read second hand
- Luminous dial
- Secure silicone sleeve
- Easy to use
- Some find the watch a bit heavy
12. Best With Military Time Settings: Scrub Smart Basics Watch for Nurses
The Scrub Smart basics watch for nurses is perfect for nurses and medical professionals. It has a superior-quality Japanese quartz movement along with a 12- and 24-hour dial. The black digits contrast to the white background of the dial, and there is an easy-to-read second hand. It features a stainless-steel back, plastic case, and band.
- Military time settings
- Accurate timing
- Simple and attractive design
- Battery is not replaceable
- Watch may stop randomly
13. Best Easy-To-Clean: Ravel Nurses Fob Watch
The clear dial, legible bold and black numbers, vibrant strap, and silver-tone bezel make the fob watch by Ravel a functional and stylish choice for medical professionals. Additionally, the detachable case and straps make it easy to clean the watch and change its batteries.
- Has a deployment clasp
- Built-in battery protector
- Lightweight design
- Available in a variety of colors
- Does not have a 24-hour format
"I found this silicone watch convenient for monitoring my patients' vitals. I can wear this stylish watch around my elbow or hook it to the key ring while riding. Cleaning it is simple. However, its ticking sound seemed loud sometimes. Altogether, it satisfied all my needs."
14. Best Interchangeable Straps: Wristology Olivia Rose Gold Women’s Watch
Wristology women’s watch with large Arabic numbers is ideal for nurses, medical students, teachers, and older adults. It is made from superior quality material and works with Japanese quartz three-hand movement, making it the perfect choice for nursing professionals. Loved by many reviewers, this cute pink second hand allows taking accurate pulse readings.
- Large, easily readable face
- Simple and stylish design
- Interchangeable straps
- Waterproof watch
- Second hand may createloud ticking sound
- Not highly durable
"These watches were lovely and practical for my nursing school. I loved that they are interchangeable. However, I felt slightly challenged while adjusting the time. But I would recommend this watch to others for its utility."
Type of Watches For Nurses
Watches are of following types depending on the usage, comfort, functions, etc.
- Analog watches: These are the old-school type antique watches with a standard dial, hour, minute, and second marks and hands. They work well for counting seconds while taking a pulse or for specific counts.
- Digital watches: They are modern in appearance compared to other watches. The readable numerical display makes it easy to read in a hurry.
- Smartwatches: These are the most modern types with many incredible and smart features. Some of their key features include multiple alarm, timer, and text messaging functions. They also allow checking of health stats.
How To Choose The Right Watch For Nurses?
Consider the following helpful features when buying a watch for nurses.
- Watch face: Decide about the dial, display, second hand, and minute hand. After narrowing down the watch face, it is easy to choose the ideal watch for yourself.
- Watch Dial: Most nurses prefer a light or white background with black numbers not to hinder visibility. The background, hands, and numbers of a watch should complement each other and stand apart. Also, consider expert-approved watches with illuminated watch faces or backlit displays.
- Construction material: Choose a watch that is easy to clean, germ-resistant, and will not hurt the skin. Medical watches made using plastic, resin, and rubber are easily washable and skin friendly.
- Case: Look for stainless steel cases with a glass lens as they are the most water-resistant. Plastic is also an acceptable substitute as it is light, but it may be prone to wear and tear after prolonged usage.
- Water resistance: It is essential to choose the one that resists water splashes as nurses require to sanitize their hands frequently.
- Visible second hand: The visible second-hand helps measure heart rateand take vitals. This second hand should be in contrast to the dial for accuracy.
- Luminescence: Consider a luminous nurse watch as it helps when there is low lighting in the surroundings. The luminescent hands and markers help a dial to light up better.
Angela Foster, a style coach and fashion influencer, says, “Once you find a watch you love, keeping it clean and avoiding damage is imperative. For watches with silicone or plastic straps, it’s best to stay away from aggressive, oil-based detergents. Instead, use mild soap and a soft toothbrush to clean them.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can nurses use smartwatches?
Yes, nurses may be allowed to wear specially designed smartwatches. Smartwatches for nurses are like portable phones that they can carry on their wrists. The apps in the watch can help nurses track patients’ details and treatment plans without disrupting others.
2. Can nurses wear digital watches?
Nurses can wear digital watches but often opt for analog or smartwatches. Digital watches do not have the hands for the minutes and hours that are needed to register a patient’s vitals accurately.
3. Can nurses wear metal fob watches?
There are no restrictions surrounding nurses wearing fob watches, but certain hospitals may or may not allow them.
4. Why do nurses have pocket watches?
Nurses constantly use their hands, making it almost impossible to wear a wristwatch. Pocket watches are more convenient as they are away from the line of action and are hands-free.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is an experienced content writer and reviewer who loves to experiment with different accessories and apparel when it comes to fashion. She believes in helping her readers add some style to their lives by reviewing various fashion products. In this article, she has listed the best watches for nurses after scouring through various reliable and trusted sources and conducting detailed trend analysis. She has also added a detailed buying guide to make choosing easier for her readers.
Nurses need the best watches to keep track of time and to be able to keep up with their hectic schedules. You may pick watches that are functional, stylish, reliable, comfortable, waterproof, and durable. While there are several options to choose from, pick ones such as the Blekon Original Nurse Watch, that have a light or white background with black numbers for increased visibility. Also, go for those made from skin-friendly, easy-to-clean, and germ-resistant materials. Besides, a watch must also have a visible second hand like the Vavc Nurse Watch does to help measure heartbeats. You can also consider water-resistant watches like the Lancardo Lapel Watch for added durability.
Infographic: Why Should Nurses Wear Fob Watches?
Fob watches for nurses combine style and functionality, providing a practical timekeeping solution for healthcare professionals. With their convenient and pro-hygiene design, nurses can easily keep track of time while attending to patient needs. Check out the infographic below to discover the numerous benefits of using a fob watch during your hospital shift.
- Best Disney Watches For Kids
- Best Watches For Girls
- Best Women’s Wrist Watches
- Best Watches For Boys