In this age of smartwatches and the latest mobile phones, some boys still prefer to wear a wristwatch. And that talks volumes about their personality. The kind of watch a guy likes to wear tells whether he is an adventure seeker, believes in simple living, a go-getter, or a fashionista. Watches for boys may be big and chunky or sleek and trendy. Here, we explore some options.
In this post, MomJunction has compiled a list of 15 best boys’ watches that are in vogue. So pick your favourites and order them now.
15 Best Watches For Boys To Buy
Digital Watches For Boys
These digital watches may be worn by younger boys or teenagers, as per their liking and interests. Some of them are cute and colourful, and others very simple yet stylish. Ranging from basic functions to watches with multiple features, here are some of the best digital watches for boys.
If a little boy is obsessed with AI and robots, then this mini robot transformer watch is perfect for him.
- It can be a toy to play, but when assembled, the robot turns into a watch.
- All the parts can be rotated and transformed into robots in different positions.
- The strap is made of rubber, which is safe on the skin.
- It displays the date and time and has a timer as well.
- This watch is neither waterproof nor fireproof.
Shop Related Products:
Looking for a watch that serves multiple purposes? Then buy this solar-powered watch.
- This solar watch is tough and long-lasting.
- The triple sensor in this watch displays the altimeter-barometer, compass, and the thermometer as well.
- The watch is resistant to mud, dust, and shock, making it an ideal watch for outdoors.
- It also gives sunrise and sunset data.
- The watch has a bulky appearance and may not be liked by those who prefer a sleek design.
Shop Related Products:
This bright and vibrant digital watch is perfect for kids who are into sports.
- Available in four different color variants, the watch is made of soft PU material.
- It is shock-resistant and comfortable for wearing outdoors, even during activities and sports.
- The watch has both 12-hour and 24-hour display options. It also shows the date and week.
- It has colorful backlight and other functions such as stopwatch and alarm.
- The strap of the watch is made of soft PU material.
- The watch is water-proof but cannot be worn during swimming or bathing.
Shop Related Products:
This is a multi-function watch that is water-resistant as well.
- This fashionable watch has various functions such as the date and time display, LED light, alarm, and stopwatch.
- It is water-proof and shock-proof, hence ideal for outdoors or rigorous activity.
- The watch comes in ten different color options, each uniquely stylish.
- The strap is made of silicone and has a round chunky dial.
- If any of the buttons are operated in the water, the watch may get damaged. Also, keep the watch away from steam and hot water.
Shop Related Products:
Who thought a Lamborghini car could be worn as a watch as well!
- This stylish watch comes in nine color variants and has a unique car-shaped dial.
- The dial also has seven different LED light options on the dial.
- The band of the watch has a stylish wheel patterned design.
- The watch has an hourly chime, alarm, and stopwatch apart from the regular time and date features.
- The watch has both 12-hour and 24-hour format settings.
- The speedometer on the clock looks uber-cool.
- The watch is only 50m water-resistant, so use it with caution.
Shop Related Products:
This is a powerful black digital watch for the boys.
- This watch has seven LED backlight options in red, blue, purple, etc.
- It has multi-functional features such as the calendar, date, time, alarm, and stopwatch.
- It is water and shock-resistant.
- The watch is tough and durable, making it suitable even for outdoor use.
- The watch is protected only up to 50m in the water, and the buttons may be damaged when exposed to water while bathing or swimming.
Boys who love Pokemon and Pikachu would surely enjoy wearing this watch.
- It’s a simple watch with Pokemon design on the strap and the dial.
- This watch has a basic function of time display.
- A cool blue light show is activated on the dial on a single press of the button.
- The watch is lab-tested for safety and is non-toxic and non-hazardous.
- The watch is not water-resistant or shock-proof.
- For boys who want multiple functions on their wristwatches, this one may not be appealing.
Other Wrist Watches For Boys
Here are some analog options for guys who prefer to have only basic features in their wristwatch.
Build a Lego watch, change the interlinks as and when desired.
- This is an analog watch with a clear display of digits for easy reading.
- Colorful and vibrant, it is the perfect watch for younger boys.
- It comes with interchangeable links and 12 additional links to adjust the size and design.
- The watch also comes with the Lego face that looks adorable on the watch.
- Lego offers a two-year warranty on the watch.
- It is water and scratch-resistant.
- The watch is made of plastic, hence not suitable for kids who are allergic to the material.
This statement Michael Kors watch is for older boys. It can be worn for college parties, on the prom night or to a dinner date, or just whenever you feel like dressing up.
- The watch comes in seven color and metal variants with a contrasting dial.
- It has a quartz chronograph movement and three subdials to support the Chrono push.
- The case and strap are made of stainless steel in different tones.
- It is water-resistant up to 100m and safe for the shower, swimming or even snorkeling.
- Michael Kors offers a two-year international warranty.
- The stainless may irritate the skin, especially in hot weather conditions.
A statement timepiece to make heads turn wherever you go.
- Available in 15 different variants, this watch comes with a beautiful contrasting dial.
- The roman numerals on the dial make it furthermore attractive. It has three sub-dials for tracking hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Apart from the time display, the watch also has a timer and a stopwatch function.
- It is water-resistant up to 50m.
- The watch is made of leather and is not cruelty-free.
This triple sensor Casio watch has everything you can ask for.
- The watch has a digital compass, a barometer, and a thermometer to keep a check of the atmospheric pressure, and an altimeter to measure the altitudes.
- Apart from the regular analog display, the watch also comes with an LCD for showing the day and time.
- The basic functions of the watch are the display of local time, world time, stopwatch, timer, and five everyday alarms.
- It also has a night illuminator with double LED and full auto-LED light functions. Hence, perfect for nighttime outdoor activities too.
- The silicone band of the watch is dura-soft on the skin.
- The watch is solar-powered and also 100m water-resistant.
- The compass and altimeter may not always be accurate.
- There are chances of the band getting worn out sooner than the dial mechanism.
This watch from the Marine Star collection is a must-have accessory in every boy’s closet.
- The watch has an analog quartz movement and time display.
- The dial also shows the date, month, and seconds.
- The black and gold detailing on the watch make it very appealing and attractive.
- It is 100m water resistant, hence suitable for swimming and moderate underwater activities.
- The band of the watch is made of silicone, and the dial is of stainless steel.
- There is only one color option.
Sleek and stylish, this watch is ideal for everyday wear.
- This simple watch has a striped two-colored nylon band, and a rose gold case for the dial.
- This is a basic watch with a quartz movement and analog display.
- It is shock-resistant and waterproof up to 30m.
- The water resistance is very low.
- The band may be short for some wrist sizes.
Whether or not you are a Batman fan, you will find this watch appealing.
- The band of the watch is made of rubber, the dial and case of metal. The yellow batman logo with other detailing makes the watch.
- The hands of the watch are marked with ‘hour’ and ‘minute’ signs, and the dial has a clear display of numbers that are easy to read and tell time.
- This watch is non-toxic, non-hazardous, and safe for children to use.
- The watch is neither shock nor water-resistant.
Another timepiece inspired by Disney characters, this Mickey Mouse watch is just so awesome.
- This is a basic watch with a rubber strap and a case made of metal.
- The dial has a large and clear display of numbers, and the words ‘hour’ and ‘minute’ are mentioned on the hands, making it easy for the child to tell the time. It also has a cute mickey mouse graphic on the dial.
- The watch has a basic quartz movement with an analog display of time.
- This watch is not very durable and not water-proof or shock resistant.
Tips To Take Care Of Your Watch
A good watch needs regular maintenance to ensure that the investment in it is worthwhile. The last thing you want is a watch that is broken or damaged or without any sheen.
So you must know how to take care of a watch to keep it functional for as long as possible. Here are a few tips for that.
- Follow the safety instructions written on the manual that comes with the watch.
- Store it in the original box or a clean and dry container. Keep it away from extreme temperatures.
- Leather watches need extra care and should not be directly exposed to water, perfumes, or sweat.
- Regular use of the watch helps in efficient functioning.
- Avoid exposing the watch to extreme conditions such as diving, heavy sports, or working around the fire.
- Get the watch serviced regularly.
- No matter how shock or waterproof is your watch, always use it with caution.
Buying stylish watches for boys can be easy if you are clear about the features and style you are looking for. Do check for reviews, guarantees, and warranty offered before you buy. This will help you a great deal when you are confused with choices.
So, which of these watches are you flaunting next? Do share your favorite in the comment section below.