A waterproof mattress protector shields your mattress from liquids, bugs, dust, and allergens. It helps prevent wear and tear and maintain its utility. These mattress protectors are simple to use and remove and easy to wash and maintain.
We have compiled a list of the best waterproof mattress protectors for bedwetting to help you choose.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Waterproof Mattress Protectors For Bedwetting
1. Best Machine Washable: SafeRest Premium Waterproof Mattress Protector
The premium mattress protector by SafeRest can protect you and your family from dust mites and allergens. Its cotton terry surface design is soft to touch and hypoallergenic. The protector absorbs fluids and allows air to pass through to keep your bed cool and fresh. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the product.
- Can protect the mattress from fluids, urine, sweat, and stains
- Free of phthalates, vinyl, or PVCs
- Ten-year warranty
2. Best Breathable: UltraBlock UltraPlush Waterproof Mattress Protector
Designed to protect from dust mites and bed bugs, the protector is suitable for memory foam, air, and spring mattresses. Equipped with hypoallergenic properties, it can be a great choice for families having furry pets at home. To get a better understanding of the product, you can check out this video on YouTube.
- Soft cotton material makes it breathable
- Can protect the mattress from liquid leakage and allergens
- Free of PVC, phthalates, and vinyl
- Does not crinkle
- Tight-fitting elastic corner gives the perfect fit
3. Best Hypoallergenic: Everlasting Comfort Waterproof Mattress Protector
The 100% waterproof mattress protector by Everlasting offers two-layer polyester protection from any liquids and allergens. Its waterproof liner stretches from the top to the sides to give your mattress complete protection.
- Polyester material is breathable and keeps the mattress dry
- Easy to install
- Lifetime replacement
4. Best Environment Friendly: Cozynight Waterproof Mattress Protector
Certified by Oeko-Tex, this mattress protector is completely safe for your children. Made of environment-friendly materials, this mattress protector is 100% waterproof. It is made of soft, breathable, knitted cotton fabric for a comfortable sleep, and your mattress remains clean and dry. The Thai natural rubber bands on the corner ensure a snug fit.
- Noiseless TPU backing material
- Can protect from fluids, bedwetting, pet accidents, etc.
- Available in multiple sizes
- Ten-year replacement warranty
5. Best Snug-Fit: iLuvBamboo Waterproof Mattress Cover
Made of bamboo jacquard fabric, iLuvBamboo’s mattress cover assures you a smooth and soft feeling. Its absorbent and breathable material makes it comfortable to use. The stretchable skirting ensures that it fits your mattress snugly.
- Protects the mattress from fluids, stains, and dust
- Does not crinkle
- Safe to use for babies and elderly people
- Free of phthalate, vinyl, and PVC
6. Best Tear-Resistant: Abstract Waterproof Mattress Cover
Abstract mattress cover is made from 100 GSM PVC plastic and can provide maximum protection. It is durable and long-lasting. You can easily clean the mattress cover with a damp cloth to wipe away the mess.
- Helps protect the mattress from bedwetting, incontinence, spillage, stains, and moisture
- Fitted design
- Tear- and rip-resistant
- Available in two sizes
7. Best Vinyl Free: Weekender Fitted Jersey Mattress Protector
Weekender mattress protector is made of lightweight jersey fabric to help your kids sleep comfortably. Its soft, breathable cover keeps the mattress dry and clean. The deep pocket design ensures the protector stays in place even if your kids jump around.
- Helps protect the mattress from fluids, spillage, and allergens
- Fitted-sheet style design
- Fits mattress up to 18inches deep
8. Best Comfortable: B Oyiri Premium Mattress Protector
With natural bamboo and polyester coating, this premium mattress protector can give you a smooth and comfortable experience. Its moisture-wicking fabric keeps cool in hot weather. The TPU backing protects the mattress from getting wet. It is available in various sizes to provide the best fit for your mattress.
- 3D air fabric
- Full surrounding enclosure
- Deep pockets give a snug fit
- Free of phthalate, vinyl, and PVC
9. Best Crinkle-Free: Sweet Home Collection Premium Waterproof Mattress Protector
Sweet Home Collection’s mattress protector protects your mattress from spills, stains, odor, and dust. Its top is made from cotton terry cloth to give you a comfortable experience. The fitted-sheet style helps give a snug fit and prevents snagging.
- Can protect from bed bugs and bacteria
- Breathable material
10. Best Water-Proof: Ruili Waterproof Mattress Protector
With deep pockets, this mattress protector by Ruili can cover a 21 inches deep mattress. Its elastic band keeps it in place to prevent snagging. The vinyl-free, premium microfiber material gives you flat and noise-free usage. Its waterproof TPU layer protects the mattress from accidental spills, and the airflow function keeps it dry.
- Extra-soft material
- Oeko-Tex standard
- Multiple sizes
11. Best Anti-Slip: Bosslife Waterproof Mattress Protector
Bosslife mattress protector can protect your mattress from bedwetting, fluids, foods, sweat, etc. It is fully waterproof and keeps your mattress stain-free for years. The mattress cover is noiseless to let you sleep soundly without any crinkly sounds.
- Deep pockets fit various mattresses
- Soft material allows air and heat to pass
How To Choose The Right Mattress Protectors For Bedwetting?
Here are some features you need to consider before buying a mattress protector.
1. Fitting: Mattress protectors come in three fitting styles for you to select based on your convenience.
- Encasement: It encases the mattress entirely and has a zipper closure.
- Fitted sheet: It comes with an elastic band at the edges to give a snug fit while exposing the bottom of the mattress.
- Anchor: It includes elastics that are fastened at the mattress edge and protect only the mattress’s top layer.
2. Material: Some of the available materials are as follows, and you may choose based on your utility and preference.
- Polyurethane: Polyurethane is a synthetic material that is waterproof and effectively keeps bugs away.
- Polyester: Polyester makes the mattress protector fully waterproof. However, it may feel rough to touch and often makes crinkly sounds that can make you uncomfortable.
- Cotton: Cotton is often blended with other materials for water resistance and is comfortable.
- Vinyl: This stretchy material is the most effective in keeping bed bugs, dust mites, and other insects away from your mattress.
- Spandex: Spandex is used in fitted-sheet mattress protectors to give a perfect, stretchy fit.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced writer for various electronic and household appliances. He has gathered the best waterproof mattress protectors after researching different products’ safety and durability through various trusted websites and consumer portals. He has also based this list on customers’ reviews and their preferences. Also, he has put together a buying guide to help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I wash a mattress protector?
Most mattress protectors are machine-washable. They usually have a soft fabric top that absorbs moisture and a plastic backing to repel water. Washing plastic material with regular detergents can be tricky as it can damage the plastic. So, you need to check the instructions on the cover for effective cleaning.
2. What is the difference between a mattress protector and a mattress pad?
A mattress protector is a protective layer covering the entire mattress, shielding it from liquids and fluids. A mattress pad is an additional layer of padding covering the top layer of the mattress. Here are the main functional differences.
|Mattress Protector||Mattress Pad|
|Covers the entire mattress, stretching from corner to corner||Covers only the top layer of the mattress|
|Protects the mattress from liquids, dust, bugs, and moisture||Works as an extra layer between the mattress and the sleeper|
|Does not provide extra padding||Provides extra padding for added comfort|
|Helps protect mattress quality||Does not protect mattress quality|
When you’ve invested in an expensive mattress designed specifically for your slumber needs, you would want to ensure that it is protected from damage. And if you have a baby who wets the mattress often when sleeping, a waterproof mattress protector is what you need to shield your bed. However, before buying one, check whether the fitting style, materials, and design work for you and your family. Also, ensure the mattress protector you choose is extra-soft, breathable, and effective against spills, stains, odor, and dust.