Whether you are working from home or you are a gaming enthusiast or your job requires video conferencing, having a good webcam handy can serve the purpose better. A video call through a good-quality webcam could be the best idea when you cannot have a face-to-face conversation.
But which webcam to buy? Keep reading this MomJunction post as we bring you a list of 13 best webcams with their features. We also tell you how to choose the best one to suit your requirements.
Top 10 Products From Our List
13 Best Webcams In 2021
It is a high-definition 720p webcam that is ideal for video recording and video conferencing. It is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows 7, 8, and 10, Android v 5.0, and MacOs 10.10.
- Works on 2.4 GigaHertz Intel Core2 Duo and has a RAM of 2GB
- Can capture video up to 1280 x 720 pixels
- Has a noise-canceling microphone and automatic light correction feature
- Can take 3-megapixel pictures at one go
- Comes with a five-foot cable and webcam software for easy installation
It is one of the best webcams and comes with a premium-quality glass lens and has a 4K image sensor. It has a built-in RightLight 3 feature that automatically adjusts the brightness. It can be used for recording, streaming, and video conferencing.
- Has RightLight 3 that automatically adjusts brightness, contrasts, and exposure
- Can digitally zoom up to five times
- Supports USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (type A, type C)
- Supports 4K recording and streaming videos
- Compatible with OBS, Windows, and XSplit
- Easy to set a field of view
It is a high definition camera that comes with advanced features to give you clear and high-quality video streaming experience. It comes in an aluminum body and also has a noise-canceling feature for convenient video conferences.
- Offers 720p HD video with clear audio
- TrueColor technology provides bright pictures
- Comes with a premium-quality glass lens
- Comes with CMOS sensor technology
- Compatible with all operating systems and devices
It is a professional HD webcam that provides high-quality audio and video experience. This plug-and-play camera can be installed without any hassle. It doesn’t require any software or maintenance. It is compatible with all the latest operating systems.
- Has a unique design and comes with a remote control
- Comes with a built-in speakerphone
- Provides noise-canceling audio and video experience
- Ideal for a professional setup with four or more people involved
- Provides 78-degree rotation angle
- Can be heard from eight feet away
It is a desktop streaming camera that is compact and can be folded and carried conveniently. It is compatible with various devices and popular platforms such as XSplit and OBS. Available in different variations, including webcam only and webcam plus microphone.
- Comes with adjustable brightness settings
- Reduces graininess and improves low-light performance
- Designed for audio and video streaming
- Offers camera controls such as presets and extended customization
- Can stream 60 frames per second (720p) and 30 frames per second (1080p)
This webcam comes with an in-built microphone and a tripod. The plug-and-play aspect makes it easy and quick to set up. The 1080p webcam offers clear, crisp, and better picture quality. It is compatible with almost all devices.
- Comes with automatic noise-cancelation
- Produces clear videos at 1920x1080p
- Has autofocus low-light correction feature
- Can be used with laptops, desktops, and gaming devices
- Privacy control provides you protection
This webcam captures video in a 120-degree wide-angle for high-quality video calling and streaming experience. It lets you capture videos at 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second.
- Has a built-in stereo microphone
- Glass lens offers better image clarity
- Comes with a five-foot cable extension
- Has a 12-megapixel camera sensor
- Compatible with most devices and popular operating systems
It is an automatic plug-and-play webcam that does not require any drivers for installation. You can even have changed background when streaming video with the help of Chromacam app. It has automatic light-correction, and autofocus features too.
- Offers full HD at 1920×1080 pixels
- Comes with three levels of brightness adjustment
- Compatible with Mac OS 10.6 and above, Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Has H.264 encoding compression for digital video files
- 80-degree wide-angle lens takes HD videos and images at 30 frames per second
It is a 1080p 2-megapixel high-definition webcam that offers smooth and sharp videos for video calls and streaming. It can be easily fixed on laptops and computer screens. It doesn’t require any software or drivers for installation.
- Has ⅓ inch CMOS sensor and stereo microphones
- Clear fixed focus for up to five meters
- Can be folded and is portable
- Can record videos 30 frames in a second
- Compatible with multiple devices, including Android 5.0, Mac OS 10.6, and Windows XP
- Easy to set up and use
10. Vitade HD Webcam
The webcam is designed for high-quality gaming and video streaming. It is a plug-and-play webcam, which means it doesn’t require any drivers for installation. It is compatible with laptops and desktops and with operating systems including Chrome OS, Mac, Android 5.0, and above.
- Comes with a noise-canceling microphone
- Background can be replaced with an image when streaming
- Can be set up in a couple of minutes
- Provides 80-degree wide-angle, autofocus, and dual microphones
- Comes with privacy protection
- Has light controlling and auto-adjust feature
11. Nanshiba Webcam
It is a high definition 1080p webcam that is designed for advanced gaming and video conferencing. It is compatible with all the popular operating systems and devices. You may get a free tripod with this webcam too.
- Comes with 360-degree rotation
- Can be fixed on laptops, gaming consoles, and monitors
- Automatically corrects the light and brightness
- Facial enhancement technology provides clearer and better images
- Easy to set up with a plug-and-play feature
- Comes with dual microphones
12. Angetube Webcam
This is a plug-and-play webcam that can be manually adjusted as per the needs. It is compatible with all major operating systems, smart televisions, and gaming devices. It comes with a wide-angle lens that makes group calls easier.
- Comes with dual noise-canceling microphones
- Background can be replaced with an image
- Can capture images and record audio up to 9.8 feet
- 264 video compression allows faster and smoother recordings
- Provides 100-degree wide-angle
It is a second-generation webcam that comes with an in-built microphone. It is one of the ideal HD webcams with 720p RGB for webcasting, streaming, recording, and video calling. It supports multiple users and identifies their faces.
- Has an infrared camera with a depth sensor and biometrics
- Recognizes multiple users in a couple of seconds
- Compatible with most of the devices
- Easy to set up with Windows Hello
- Has 640×480 IR and 1280×720 RGB camera resolution
- Comes with 1.5m cable
How To Choose The Right Webcam?
Here are a few tips that you may keep in mind when choosing the best webcam.
- Resolution: It is the number of pixels shot in one image. When the resolution is more, you may get a better and clearer picture. Full HD 1080p is the most popular for work from home video calls and recordings, while 640×480 pixels offer standard videos and images.
- Light correction: Sometimes, the webcam may provide poor image quality in the evening or low light surroundings. But an automatic light correction feature adjusts and boosts the exposure while dimming out the bright or harsh lights.
- Frames per second: When the webcam captures more frames per second, then you get smoother videos. Most webcams offer videos in 30 frames per second, while some can attain 60 frames per second.
- Connection: The webcam should be easy to use and should be compatible with multiple devices. Check if it is equipped with 2.0 or 3.0 USB and has a cable of at least 1.5 or 2 meters in length.
- Other features: Some other features you may look are a built-in microphone, zoom function, autofocus, lens quality, sound enhancement, and software compatibility.
Selecting a technical device such as a webcam could be confusing when you have little to no knowledge about it. But keep these tips in mind and scroll through the features to shortlist the most suitable webcams for your needs. You may then compare the features and prices, and pick the one that fits in your checklist.