Driving with the windows down could make the ride enjoyable. However, the strong wind can be a nuisance to others sitting in the car. Especially if there is rain and snow, chances are they will enter and ruin your mood. The best window deflectors are great additions to your car windows. They let you enjoy an open window without worrying about the elements. We have compiled a list of top window deflectors for your car window. Read on to buy the right one for a fun ride.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Side-Window Deflectors
There are two main types of window deflectors based on their installation processes.
- Tape-on: Easy to install, these window deflectors include adhesive tape that you can easily attach to the bottom where the visors connect to the window. They help push out rain and wind without touching the windows. However, they can be challenging to remove and can damage the car paint. A citrus-based cleaner may help with the removal.
- In-channel: These deflectors do not include any adhesive and are safe for the vehicle’s paint. They are less prone to damage and are secured within the window channels. You can easily remove them with a little force. However, they may be a bit lose and rattle with the wind, and can scratch the window.
Benefits Of Side-Window Deflectors
Window deflectors are beneficial for the following reasons.
- Wind noise reduction: Side-window deflectors redirect wind upwards. So, if you are driving with your windows down, the wind does not get inside, reducing the wind sound.
- De-mist: In winter months, condensation causes windows to fog, reducing visibility. Window deflectors de-mist the windows and reduce condensation in the car.
- Comfort: They keep the interior warm and dry, improving airflow inside the car and preventing heating up.
7 Best Window Deflectors
1. Best Scratch-Proof: AVS Auto Ventshade In-Channel Ventvisor Side-Window Deflector
Eliminate window and mirror fogging with the four-set side-window deflectors that are specially designed for the 2016-2020 Toyota Tacoma double cab. Their easy in-channel installation gives it a sleek look. The visors are made of tinted, reinforced acrylic, making them scratch-proof and UV-resistant. They allow airflow and help prevent rain from entering the vehicle. Here’s an honest review of the product.
- Reduces wind noise
- Keeps car cool when parked
- Cut out the smoke and other odors
- Car-wash safe
- Double-sided strips may not have sufficient adhesion
- Red protective tape may be difficult to remove
2. Best Rain- & Wind-Resistant: AVS Auto Ventshade Chrome Ventvisor Side-Window Deflector
The deflectors are specially designed for 07-14 Silverado/Sierra 2500HD-3500HD with Crew Cab, 07-13 Silverado/Sierra 1500, 07-13 Avalanche, and 07-14 Yukon XL/Suburban. AVS chrome-plated vent visors keep rain and wind from getting inside the car. They facilitate air circulation and minimize heat build-up in parked cars. The chrome finish matches the chrome OE trim on vehicles. Here’s a video featuring a detailed review of the product.
- Removes stale odors from smoke, athletic gear, and pets
- Minimizes wind noise
- Prevents mirror fogging
- Made with impact-resistant acrylic
- Provides hassle-free installation
- May interfere when you roll up the window
- Adhesive may not be as powerful as expected
3. Best For Sun Protection: Goodyear Shatterproof In-Channel Window Deflectors For Trucks
Goodyear four-piece in-channel deflectors are shatterproof and provide a sleek look to the vehicle. Their premium smoke color matches with different styles and colors of trucks and offers effective sun protection. The installation doesn’t require drilling. This video will help you understand the product better.
- Minimizes noise
- Water- and weather-resistant
- Easy to clean
- Has powerful adhesion
- May interfere with window movement
- Instructions may be vague
4. Best For Ventilation: Voron Glass In-Channel Extra Durable Rain Guards
Crafted specially for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks, Voron rain guards are in-channel, window visors. They are made of durable polycarbonate material to protect you and your truck from wind, rain, heat, and environmental damages. The four-piece set is easy to install and improves ventilation inside the vehicle.
- Minimizes mirror and window fogging
- Improves ventilation inside
- Adhesion may not be strong enough
- May be a bit thick
5. Best For Reducing Wind Noise: WeatherTech Side-Window Deflector
Specifically designed for Toyota Tundra models, the OEM-quality deflectors are optically transparent and do not show any exterior tape. These shades keep the windows dry during rain and improve ventilation. The sleek aerodynamic styling can minimize wind noise and requires in-channel installation.
- Minimizes interior heat
- Precision-machined for a custom fit
- Quick and easy installation
- Car-wash safe
- May make noise if dust or dirt is trapped in
- May scratch the windows slightly
6. Best For Glare Reduction: Labwork Window Visor
The four-piece window guards from Labwork are designed for the 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler. These acrylic window visors can reduce glare and enable car parking with vented windows. They minimize wind noise when driving and keep rain from entering the car. These visors require a tape-on assembly and are scratch-and UV-resistant.
- Double-sided tape installation
- Prevents water drip
- Sticks smoothly
- Easy to install
- May be slightly thin
- May not be compatible with the wrangler SKU
7. Best Streamlined Design: Clim Art Rain Guards
Clim Art tape-on, side-window deflectors are designed to fit several popular car models. They can reduce wind noise when driving with the windows down. The visors help deflect rain and snow and protect the interiors from the bright sun, keeping the car ventilated and cool. The shatterproof visors feature a streamlined design.
- Protects from scratches
- Break- and crack-resistant
- Tools included
- May not prevent water from dripping as expected
- Window may come down due to interference
How To Choose The Right Window Deflectors?
Here are some tips for choosing the right window deflectors.
- Vehicle: Keep in mind that some deflectors are designed for specific vehicles. Ensure the visors you choose are compatible with your vehicle.
- Shape: Ensure the window deflectors are perfectly fit to deflect rain, snow, sunlight, etc.
- Type: Deflectors can be custom-made or universal. Although universal wind guards are cheaper and popular, they are not long-lasting and may not suit every car. Custom-made deflectors are long-lasting and can match the window’s curvature.
- Toughness: Choose sturdy window deflectors to face the harsh elements of nature and withstand damage. These shades should also remain well-placed after several washes.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a versatile and experienced writer, with one of his specialties being automobile products. He has done extensive research and scoured through numerous product reviews to find the best window deflectors for you. Each product is described in detail along with its compatible vehicle. The article also includes different types and benefits of window deflectors and a buying guide to help you make the right choice.
Now that you have gone through the list of the best window deflectors above, choosing one can be an easy task. However, the deflectors are designed to suit certain vehicles. Hence, it is essential for you to check all its features before purchasing the product. Doublecheck the shape and type of the deflector to make sure it is compatible with your vehicle. Lastly, while buying one, ensure to see that it prevents or deflects the rain, snow, or wind from gushing in.
- Best Window Squeegees For Cleaning
- Best Window Films
- Best Door And Window Alarms
- Best Blinds For Bathroom Windows
- Best Glass Cleaning Cloths
View Profile ›