If you are a gaming enthusiast, chances are that you might have heard about wireless gaming keyboards. With its ergonomic design without clutter caused by wires, the wireless gaming keyboard is increasingly becoming a prominent choice among several pro gamers. Also, top features like tangible mechanical switches and improved response times give it a significant advantage over your regular keyboard.
Owning a sleek wireless keyboard with full RGB lighting is every gamer’s dream! In this post, we bring you our pick of the 11 best wireless keyboards in the market that you might want to get your hands on for a surreal gaming experience.
11 Best Wireless Gaming Keyboards In 2020
This mechanical wireless keyboard from Corsair is built for the ultimate gaming experience. This keyboard comes with aircraft-grade, anodized brushed aluminum frame. This helps the keyboard withstand a lifetime of gaming. Its CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) supports macro-programming for a vivid, dynamic lighting control. You can finally customize your own lighting effects for that much-needed pizzazz.
- Per key dynamic, multi-color RGB backlighting allows unlimited color customization.
- Offers durability with 100% CHERRY MX mechanical key switches.
- Comes with an additional USB port for your mouse or headset.
- Works with Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Compatible with Xbox One for keyboard-enabled games.
Next up on our list of the best wireless mechanical keyboards is Dierya DK63 Mechanical Keyboard. Its dual connection mode i.e., Bluetooth and wired mode, allows you to use the keyboard according to your preference. This versatile keyboard is compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. It can also be connected to the iPad (Pro/Air/Mini), Galaxy Tab, and Android tablets. The 60% mechanical keyboard has a convenient design that can be used at home, at the office, or while traveling.
- Allows you to connect up to 3 Bluetooth devices at the same time and switch between them.
- Its 1900 mAh battery provides twice the battery capacity than most 60 percent keyboards.
- The keyboard can display an 8 RGB light effect with 7 distinct colors.
- Choose between different RGB light modes such as wave mode, ripple mode, and aurora mode.
- Provides a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects.
If you are a fan of membrane keyboards, this could be the one for you. With most wireless keyboards facing the issue of slow reactivity, gamers are often skeptical of getting a wireless keyboard. However, KLIM Chroma Wireless has a very low response time, providing you with one of the best gaming experiences there is. Designed using ABS material, the keyboard weighs a mere 450 g while also being durable. The keyboard also comes with chromatic lighting effects with adjustable brightness.
- Features an internal noise reduction system that aids silent typing.
- It allows you to access several functions using keyboard shortcuts.
- It comes with tri-colored RGB backlighting in 3 different areas.
- It has 3 adjustable brightness modes—static, breathing, and off, which can be controlled by the Fn key.
- Its long-lasting, built-in battery can be recharged within 4 hours using a USB cable.
Nobody wants a bulky keyboard. Designed with minimalism as the key feature, this wireless keyboard by RK ROYAL KLUDGE is as compact as compact gets. With KLUDGE RK61 you don’t have to spend your bucks on wrist support anymore. The versatility of the keyboard allows you to easily switch between 3 different devices. In addition, the keyboard comes with classic blue backlighting that makes gaming all the more fun.
- The ergonomic design features a 60% compact minimalistic design
- Single color LED backlighting with 17 adjustable lighting modes that can be controlled using Fn + \ keys.
- The keyboard can be used continuously for a minimum of 10 hours, with a standby capacity of 360 hours.
- Its 1450 mAh, fast-charging battery charges the keyboard within 3 hours.
Drevo Calibur keyboard is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology. So apart from pairing it with your computers, you could also connect it to your phones and tablets. Designed specifically for keyboard enthusiasts, Drevo Calibur is crafted with mechanical keycaps. It also comes with RGB LED backlighting with 7 distinct colors. The keyboard has a portable and compact layout that is perfect for gaming fans.
- The mini keyboard comes with an adjustable keyboard stand and ABS double shot keycaps.
- Can easily connect and switch between 3 different devices.
- Choose between black, blue, brown, and red keyboard switches that come with distinct mechanical key features.
- Comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts 20 hours long.
Backed by 2.4G wireless technology, the next wireless gaming keyboard and mouse combo attains long-range wireless control. This allows for a faster response time without any delays. The mechanical keyboard comes in a sleek and streamlined design with a 2-color injection cap technology. This eliminates the wear and tear caused by continuous usage while enhancing the experience of using a mechanical keyboard. In addition, the wireless mouse comes with a built-in 800mAh battery that can be charged using the USB cable.
- Waterproof and dust-proof design
- Features rainbow color backlighting that is visible even during the day that can easily switch between constant light, breathing, and off modes.
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, MAC, and Linux systems.
- Its built-in 4000 mAh lithium battery eliminates the need for constant charging.
G-Cord mechanical keyboard comes with a USB receiver that easily connects the keyboard to your computer. This aids faster and stable connectivity than your average Bluetooth or WiFi connection. The keyboard offers both wired and wireless modes which can be switched according to your preference. It is also built with brown switch keys that aid faster typing speed. The aluminum top frame is perfect for a lifetime of gaming and typing.
- Its built-in 1850mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 200 hours.
- Brown switches provide you with an enhanced mechanical keyboard experience.
- The mechanical keyboard provides you with unique tactile feedback without compromising responsiveness.
- Compatible with most Windows and Mac systems.
This gaming keyboard and mouse combo by LexonElec has an ergonomic design with a streamlined layout. This makes it the perfect choice for not just gaming, but also for your home or office. The mobile phone bracket attached to the keyboard allows you to have effective communication with your teammates while gaming. It also comes with a wireless rainbow backlighting feature both for the keyboard and the mouse. An intelligent nano receiver shared by the keyboard and the mouse effectively eliminates slower response time for a smooth gaming experience.
- Made using aluminum alloy
- Durable and waterproof design
- Customize your keyboard backlighting with adjustable brightness and breathing rate
- Experience uninterrupted gaming with a built-in battery capacity of 3000mAh and 800mAh for the keyboard and mouse respectively.
- It uses 2.4G wireless technology that allows for long-range wireless control.
Its 1-minute report rate makes this G G613 wireless mechanical keyboard by Logitech one of the best wireless keyboards available in the market. Gaming enthusiasts have always been on the search for the perfect mechanical keyboard that complements gaming environment. This keyboard gives you just that. It comes with Romer G mechanical switches that deliver top-notch mechanical performance. With a 70 million click life, the mechanical gaming keyboard also offers exceptional durability.
- The gamers can access custom macro sequences and in-app commands with 6 programmable G keys.
- The keyboard has a multi-host Bluetooth connection and a lightspeed wireless USB connection.
- Compatible with most Windows, Mac, Android, and Chrome operating systems via Bluetooth connectivity.
- 2 AA batteries offer up to 18 months of gaming experience.
This mechanical keyboard by RK Royal Kludge is blacked by Bluetooth 3.0 connection. It also offers a cable USB dual-mode connection for convenience and functionality. The keyboard can be connected wirelessly to devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers that come with Bluetooth connectivity of 3.0 or below. The keyboard can be connected via the USB port to other devices that have a USB interface, such as desktop computers and notebooks.
- Choose from 17 RGB backlight modes that come with adjustable speed and brightness settings.
- Offers no-conflict key pressing and locking function that enables you to press all 87 keys without conflict.
- 4 distinct mechanical switch types to choose from i.e., MX Blue, MX Red, MX Black, and MX Brown.
- Its high capacity rechargeable Li-ion built-in battery is built to function for over 100 hours. The keyboard also comes with an energy-saving mode.
This wireless gaming keyboard by GameSir comes with 2.4 GHz wireless connection. This with a mere 1 ms report rate makes the GameSir GK300 keyboard a perfect choice for pro gamers. Designed for the top-notch gaming experience, the keyboard offers high precision and responsiveness while maintaining its stability. With the GameSir GK300, you no longer have to deal with a bulky uncomfortable interface. This mechanical keyboard has a compact, low-profile layout that you would look for in a gaming keyboard.
- With TTC mechanical red switches, the keyboard provides a tactile clicking experience that lets you enjoy the gaming process.
- The 104-key gaming keyboard is built to withstand 50 million keystrokes.
- Comes with 10 anti-ghosting keys that eliminate any conflict for up to 10 simultaneous key presses.
- Enable the wireless connectivity with a 2.4GHz dongle, or access other devices that have a Bluetooth connection of 4.1 or below.
Now that you are familiar with the best wireless gaming keyboards out there, take a look at our buying guide to find the right one for you.
How To Choose The Best Wireless Gaming Keyboard?
While looking for a wireless gaming keyboard make sure to keep the following things in mind.
- Compatibility and connection type
Make sure that the keyboard you decide to go for is compatible with your device (computer, notebook, etc) and your operating system.
- Style and form factor
Wireless gaming keyboards these days come in a slew of different designs and layouts. These include customized keyboard backlighting settings to different types of mechanical key switches.
- Additional features
Gaming keyboards also come with extra features such as a hand rest and a phone holder.
Although wireless gaming keyboards usually tend to be on the pricey end, you could also find a decent one for yourself without having to break your bank account.
How To Set Up A Wireless Gaming Keyboard?
Setting up a wireless gaming keyboard doesn’t have to be cumbersome. While some keyboards arrive all ready to plug and play others might require a bit more effort. Follow the below steps if you require guidance in setting up your wireless gaming keyboard.
- To connect your keyboard to your computer, make sure to turn on your computer’s Bluetooth receiver. You will need a USB Bluetooth dongle in case your computer doesn’t have a Bluetooth receiver.
- Make sure to turn on your keyboard’s ‘PC mode’ option if it has one.
- Press the ‘Connect’ button on the keyboard to pair it with your computer.
- Now connect your keyboard by adding the device via your computer’s Bluetooth settings.
How Do Wireless Gaming Keyboards Work?
For most of the part, a wireless gaming keyboard works just like a standard keyboard barring a few exceptions. The most noticeable one, of course, is that it is wireless!
While there are different types of wireless integration available these days, most models utilize one of these two:
- Bluetooth Technology
This wireless technology utilizes UHF waves to transmit data.
- 2.4 GHz Receivers
These are compact USB dongles that use band radio frequencies to communicate.
Although both of these technologies work perfectly for data communication, Bluetooth is often used more commonly.
Benefits of wireless gaming keyboards
As the name suggests, wireless gaming keyboards allow you to enjoy the gaming experience without any clutter of wires. This in turn also makes it quite portable and convenient. These are also built especially for gaming enthusiasts. So usually come with features such as super-fast response times, anti-ghosting, and comfortable hotkeys, to name a few.
We hope that our review of the 11 best wireless gaming keyboards has made it easy for you to find the perfect one.