Wireless trackballs are the hottest pieces in the tech market. They have a super comfortable design and feature optical sensors, a USB receiver, and programmable buttons. These trackballs utilize limited desktop space and offer amazing ergonomics and usability. Therefore, picking the right product can be a hassle due to the large variety available in the same spectrum. Here, we have a list of the best trackball mouse to help you make the right purchase.
11 Best Wireless Trackball Mouse
Measuring 3.5×6.1x8in, this wireless trackball mouse comes in black color. Optical movement direction technology offers precise control and has a patented scroll ring that allows you to quickly scan up and down the page. It has a detachable wrist rest for improved comfort. The 55mm ball design proposes precise cursor control. It will connect to any device through its Bluetooth or with the help of a USB dongle.
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, macOS, and Chrome
- Diamond Eye optical tracking
- Equipped with auto-sleep to conserve energy
- KensingtonWorks software will allow you to customize all four buttons.
- Ambidextrous design suitable for right- and left-handed people
- Might kink the wrist and cause pain
- Scroll wheel might not work sometimes
The Logitech trackball has an ergonomic sculpted design with an adjustable hinge that allows you to customize the trackball angle up to 20°. This can reduce muscle pain and gives you a comfortable hand position. You can use it for two computers with its cross-computer control game-changing feature. You can use it with up to three Windows or Mac computers with its dual connectivity. This mouse will work for up to 70 days on a single charge.
- Has a précised scroll wheel
- Offers horizontal scrolling
- You can change the accuracy and speed of your cursor for optimal control
- Use Logitech options software to set up shortcuts and other customizable buttons
- Mouse’s arch is high and might cause pain
- Some users might not find the position of the buttons comfortable
- Battery might not last longer
The Elecom rollerball mouse offers optical precise cursor movement to improve your efficiency and productivity. By making use of the Elecom mouse assistant, you can assign your favorite function to each button. The special DPI button can change between the 500, 1000, and 1500 DPI to make cursor movements slower or faster. The ball rolls on 2.5mm artificial ruby ball bearing extremely soft and smooth. Its large size will prevent the dirt and dust from clogging the rollerballs.
- Compatible with Windows and macOS
- You can easily pop out the roller balls for cleaning them
- Offers eight buttons with a tilt wheel
- Has low and high energy speed mode
- Has a power-off option to prevent battery consumption
- People with larger hands might find this mouse uncomfortable
- Button placemat is not user-friendly
Jelly Comb’s trackball mouse with wireless connectivity will offer you smooth and precise control. It has a dual connection mode to pair with Bluetooth devices or with a USB nano receiver. You can connect up to three devices at a given time. The mouse is compatible with Android and Mac. It will last up to one month on a single charge.
- Has a built-in 600mAh lithium battery
- Three adjustable DPI
- Has a connectivity range of 10m
- Can be charged with the type-C cable
- Pairing with other devices might cause a problem
- Sleep mode will start on its own
- Left to right movement is not easy
Wireless laptop trackball mouse from the Perixx store has five programmable buttons, a 2.4GHz connection, and an easy-to-switch DPI button. It has a right-handed design and is exclusively recommended for people who use computers for a longer period. You can personalize the working environment with its programmable feature that you can download from the Perixx website. It has an auto-saving feature and is compatible with Windows 7/8 and 10.
- Equipped with laser sensor technology to provide cursor control
- DPI sensitivity can be controlled with a button
- Curved design gives an easy grip
- Navigates easily without moving your wrist and hand
- Poor motion tracking
- Cursor movements might be glitchy at times
- Not compatible with left-handed people
Available in silver color, this ergonomic mouse offers a wireless connection through Bluetooth technology. It is lightweight and easy to carry. The product offers a trackball movement and has an Android operating system. It also offers an automatic function through which the trackball can adjust the pointer speed. The set comes with a detailed user manual to instruct you on pairing methods with different operating systems.
- Has a DPI range of 450 to 1200
- You can easily remove the ball for extra maintenance
- Has a power supply switch to prevent battery consumption
- Limited battery life
- Might unpair automatically
- Small and oddly shaped
Logitech’s Bluetooth trackball mouse comes with an ergonomic mouse pad and a gel wrist rest. The trackball is designed to stay at one place where all the control would be under your thumb. The sculpted shape of this trackball mouse supports your hand for a comfortable grip all day long. It incorporates a USB unifying receiver so that you don’t have to unplug it whenever you move around in your workplace or home. Without changing the batteries, you can use it for 18 months, and there is a convenient battery indicator.
- Has a soft, non-skid PU base
- Easy-to-reach forward and back buttons
- Offers a 2.4Ghz robust wireless connection
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Programmable buttons are customizable
- Trackball is slow and stiff
- Might not track the cursor correctly
- Might stop working in between
Computer trackballs from Eigiis are user-friendly. This ergonomic mouse has a long battery life, and the entire mouse is black apart from the green trackball. It has a sculpted shape to support your hands, and you can move the cursor without moving your arm. This handheld mouse is suitable for left- and right-handed users. With a larger ball, this finger trackball mouse has an 800/1200/1400/1600 DPI and is equipped with optimal tracking technology to offer higher sensitivity than a standard mouse.
- Connectivity range is up to 10m
- Comfortable design
- Powered by AAA batteries
- Has a USB 2.0 interface to let you play with just a plug
- Might drift randomly on the screen
- Made of low-quality materials
Weighing two pounds and available in black color, this tracking ball mouse has optical movement detection technology. You can connect it to a device through its Bluetooth 4.0 or a USB nano receiver. It lets you customize all four buttons and adjust the cursor speed. The scroll ring is designed to scan up and down the pages with extreme ease.
- Get precise cursor control with optical tracking
- Runs on two AA batteries
- Suitable specially-abled people
• Trackball might fall off from the mouse
• Circuit might become loose, so with extra precision
The gaming trackball mouse is ergonomically designed, and includes a larger ball and longer battery life. It has an ambidextrous contour design, and adjustable leg stands to use according to personalized comfort. You can also remove the trackball easily for cleaning. It has seven buttons- backward, forward, right, left, scroll wheel, and DPI down and up. This mouse’s exclusive design will encourage you to move the cursor by rotating the trackball using your fingers. It will offer you extreme accuracy along with a smooth motion.
- Offers a connectivity range of 30ft
- Has a 2.4GHz radiofrequency technology
- Fully programmable
- Five levels of DPI resolution
- Not compatible with Mac operating system
- Has to be used with a battery eliminator once the batteries are used
Experience extreme precision and comfort with this silver/black mouse from Kensington Store. It has a customizable two-button design that you can program through the KensigtonWorks software. This trackball mouse is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Chrome. The optical tracking movement detection technology will give you superior cursor control, and the ambidextrous design makes it appropriate for anyone.
- Has a medium 40 mm ball
- Wired USB connection for a direct and reliable connectivity
- Internal red optics provide extreme accuracy
- Compact and occupies minimal workspace
- Users with ChromeOS cannot customize the device
- Small size might develop stress in hand
- Click buttons on the mouse do not work well
How To Choose The Right Wireless Trackball Mouse?
Here are the features you should consider before buying a trackball mouse:
- Comfort: Choose a trackball that is comfortable for any hand side and does not require a deviation or wrist extension to operate.
- Ball: The trackball should rotate smoothly without any friction. Remember, the larger the ball, the less rotation you require to use the cursor across the screen.
- Buttons: Wireless mouse should offer left- and right-click buttons along with adding forward and backward buttons for extra comfort and utility.
- Battery life: The trackball mouse should have a decent battery life of four to six months.
- Connection: The best wireless trackball will offer Bluetooth and a 2.4GHz wireless dongle connection. Ensure that your connection type is robust and does not cut over short distances.
- Software: If your wireless rollerball mouse has more than four buttons, you can easily customize it with the user’s software. It will help you change the acceleration, pointer speed, and scrolling speed.
- Price: Look for useful and trendy options that fit your budget.
Using a trackball can ease your virtual life. It ensures speed and accuracy along with a clutter-free space to work. Some wireless mouses come in 3D designs that propose extra comfort and utility than a regular mouse. Picking the one that ticks all the boxes in your checklist is a good option. This way, you can choose a product that suits your usage pattern and screen time.