If wrinkles and fine lines bother you but getting injectable treatments seems complicated and a hassle, our list of the best wrinkle fillers has your back. Topical wrinkle fillers are creams or gels containing anti-aging ingredients that work on reducing the appearance of fine lines, dark spots, wrinkles, creases, and aging signs. They contain retinol, collagen, or hyaluronic acid that can soften and hydrate the skin to give it a youthful appearance. These fillers work by filling the lines and creases and plumping up the skin from within to give a smooth, healthy finish. However, with various options available, choosing the right product can be challenging. So, read on to learn more about the types of wrinkle fillers available, their benefits, and the different products.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Wrinkle Fillers
These are some popular wrinkle filler options available.
- Anti-wrinkle topical fillers: Topical fillers work by boosting collagen production and preventing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They help hydrate and smoothen the skin to give it a plump and healthy look. These fillers are available in the form of creams and gels.
- Dermal fillers: These fillers are usually gel-like substances injected into the skin to treat the specific problem areas. They help remove wrinkles, creases, fine lines, blemishes, and more by smoothing the skin and relaxing the muscles around the concerned area. Hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, and polymethylmethacrylate are a few examples of such fillers.
Benefits Of Wrinkle Fillers
Here are a few benefits of topical wrinkle fillers.
- Non-invasive: Since the fillers are not injectable, there is less risk of allergies, infections, and scarring.
- Easy to use: These fillers come in cream or gel form that you can apply to the problem area by slowly dabbing into the skin.
- Hydrating: They act as moisturizers and thus hydrate, smoothen, and brighten the skin for a youthful appearance. Most of these fillers have retinol and hyaluronic acid that plump up the skin.
- Quick results: Most of these fillers show quick results that last for a day or more. Many creams also show long-lasting results.
13 Best Wrinkle Fillers
One of the best deep wrinkle fillers, RoC’s dual-action product contains retinol and hyaluronic acid that make the skin look plump and hydrated. The filler works to fill up the creases and fine lines for a smooth and soft appearance. It is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles and crow’s feet within four weeks. Enriched with glycerin and antioxidants, the filler is gentle enough for regular use and suitable for men and women. You can check out this video to learn more.
- Helps lift and firm the skin
- Helps diminish dark spots
- May not be very moisturizing
Terez & Honor’s eye cream is one of the best under-eye wrinkle fillers that helps reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles, dark circles, and fine lines. It works to lift and hydrate tired-looking skin and makes you look fresh and youthful. This anti-aging product can also reduce bagginess and puffiness and contains safe, natural ingredients to ensure your safety. It works quickly, making it suitable for your morning makeup routine on busy days.
- Suitable for all skin types
- SLS- and SLES-free
- Paraben- and petrolatum-free
- Recommended by doctors
- May have a strong, unpleasant smell
The fine line treatment product helps fill creases and lines to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and crow’s feet. One of the best wrinkle fillers, this product is said to work quickly to diminish lines and wrinkles to give a smooth finish. It works by refining and smoothening the pores for an improved appearance. Moreover, its precision tube design makes it easy to apply. You can learn more about this product from this video.
- Matte finish
- Helps make skin soft
- Suitable for pre-makeup application
- May leave a flaky residue for some
This product by Laboratoires Filorga is an effective anti-aging formula that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines considerably within two months. It is infused with aesthetic medicine and contains New Cellular Encapsulated Factors (NCEF) that offer a youthful and rejuvenated look to your skin. Apply a small amount of cream on clean and dry skin for the best results. You can also watch this video for more information.
- Works as a day and night cream
- Helps exfoliate
- May not be suitable for oily skin
One of the best instant wrinkle fillers, this product helps smoothen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is said to work almost instantly, making it suitable as a quick morning treatment. The filler works from within, and its formula also helps bounce light away from your face for a matte finish. You can also apply it to your face before doing your makeup.
- Dries clear
- Might require frequent reapplication
The wrinkle filler helps smooth fine lines, crow’s feet, wrinkles, and other signs of aging by supporting skin cell energy for soft, youthful-looking skin. Enriched with antioxidants, it is one of the best wrinkle filler creams that helps revitalize your skin and repair it from within. The cream contains glycerin and aloe vera, making it suitable for dry skin and protecting it from damage.
- Vegan-friendly formula
- Helps firm the skin
- May not be long-lasting
Boyd’s wrinkle filler makeup base and smoother works well by itself or with a non-liquid foundation. This temporary filler can blur the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines for the whole day, making your skin look youthful and radiant. You can easily clean it off with a gentle cleanser. It also works on dark circles and helps reduce puffiness, making it suitable for giving a lift to tired-looking eyes.
- Suitable for dry skin
- Spreads well
- May leave a powdery residue
One of the best drugstore wrinkle fillers, this product helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet, and other signs of aging. It works on camouflaging blemishes and aging spots to make your skin look youthful, healthy, and radiant. While it works well for the face, it is more effective for the area around the eyes and can give your skin a lift to reduce puffiness.
- Works well with makeup
- Easy to remove
- Might cause dryness
The retinol-infused cream is suitable for application at night as it helps restore your skin’s hydration, health, and glow while you sleep. One of the best wrinkle fillers, this product is powered by copper tripeptides that help rejuvenate your skin from within while protecting it from damage. You can apply it on clean and dry skin at night, massaging your entire face and focusing on the problem areas.
- Provides deep nourishment
- Does not irritate
- Helps restore firmness and elasticity
- Can soothe dry skin
- Can improve pores
- May have a slightly intense fragrance
Eucerin’s eye wrinkle filler has hyaluronic acid, enoxolone, and saponin that work to fill up the wrinkles and creases for a plumper, healthier look. Saponin is an antioxidant that helps promote the skin’s hyaluronic acid production and protects against free radicals. As our skin starts aging, the natural hyaluronic acid production also decreases. Thus, enoxolone helps reduce the degradation rate considerably to keep the skin hydrated and wrinkle-free.
- Has SPF 15
- Helps make skin smooth
- Prevents deepening of wrinkles
- Works well as a makeup base
- May take time to show noticeable results
One of the best over-the-counter wrinkle fillers, Barielle’s product is said to provide younger-looking skin within 90 seconds. It can help improve the skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles, aging skin, fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, puffiness, and more. It is easy to apply and absorbs quickly into the skin. Suitable for applying before makeup, the formula blends easily for a smooth finish.
- Easy to remove
- Dries quickly
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Lightly tinted formula; may not suit all skin tones
This product by Mary Kay is among the best wrinkle fillers for deep wrinkles as it is suitable for sensitive skin and eyes, preventing irritation and allergies. The formula contains encapsulated retinol and hyaluronic acid, which are popular among skincare experts due to their anti-aging benefits. It also contains flexible elastomers, which are microscopic fibers that help fill the wrinkles and creases and offer support to the encapsulated hyaluronic acid.
- May not absorb well
This illusionary cream helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, creases, and lines for a smooth, youthful finish. Made from a chosen blend of peptides, this is one of the best wrinkle fillers for the face and is said to have instant results by visibly reducing the depth and filling lines. It helps enhance the skin’s density and elasticity as palmitoyl tripeptide-38 can support the skin’s collagen, hyaluronic acid, and elastin. Moreover, the formula also has hexapeptide-30, which acts as botox to regulate the frequent muscle movements that cause wrinkles and lines.
- Offers a smooth and soft feel
- Organic and natural
- Suitable for all skin types
- May leave a white film on the skin
How To Choose The Right Wrinkle Filler?
Consider the following factors when choosing the best wrinkle filler.
1. Ingredients: Check for ingredients with anti-aging benefits such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, retinol, stem cells, vitamin C, and antioxidants that prevent and remediate wrinkle and fine line formation from deep within. Antioxidants also protect against free radicals and other signs of aging for a youthful look.
2. Skin type: Ensure the product is suitable for your skin type to work well for your skin concerns. They should absorb into your skin without causing irritation or allergies. Although most fillers work on all skin types, some products may be formulated for specific skin types.
3. Coverage: You can choose between tinted and non-tinted fillers based on your requirements and preferences. If you wish to apply it under your makeup as a primer, a tinted formula might work better.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a makeup and beauty product aficionado who enjoys exploring new skincare trends and products to find the right ones for her readers. In this article about the best wrinkle fillers, she has undertaken extensive research to find the most effective ones that help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes, creases, and other signs of aging for youthful-looking skin. Including detailed descriptions, pros, and cons, she has considered customer feedback to offer an unbiased opinion. Moreover, the article also has an informative buying guide to ease your selection process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the best way to apply a wrinkle filler?
After cleaning and drying your face, take a small amount of the cream or gel and gently apply it to the concerned area. Lightly dab the product or massage it to ensure the filler absorbs into the lines.
2. How long does it take for wrinkle fillers to work?
While some wrinkle fillers can work within a few minutes, most creams and gels can take around three to four weeks to show more long-lasting results.
3. Can I permanently get rid of wrinkles?
It is not possible to remove wrinkles permanently. However, continuous usage of fillers and other treatments can help reduce the appearance of aging signs and prevent new lines from forming.
4. Are wrinkle fillers appropriate for all skin types?
Yes, wrinkle fillers are suitable for all skin types. However, check the formulation if you have sensitive skin to avoid irritation and allergies.
Most women with mature skin struggle with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it makes the skin look dull and tired. However, the best wrinkle filler can blur the signs of aging to give smooth, radiant skin that can make you look younger. Moreover, these products ensure that you don’t have to undergo any cosmetic procedures for visible, long-lasting results. When choosing a suitable filler, check the ingredients and skin type to avoid irritation and redness. We hope our list of products and features can give you a clear idea about the available options.
- Best Anti-Wrinkle Under-Eye Creams
- Best Primers For Large Pores
- Best Lip Plumper Balms
- Best Throw Pillow Inserts