Wrist guards are protective gear essential for those who skate at beginner and professional levels. Unlike other gloves, they have additional padding and extra thickness. The best wrist guards will protect your hands and wrists from spraining or while performing any strenuous activity. They will also guard your hands while skating on steep terrains and others. So here are our reviews on some wrist guards in the market and a list of features to help you find the right one.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Wrist Guards
1. Best Overall: Triple Eight Wrist Saver Wrist Guards For Skateboarding
The Triple Eight wrist guard is designed to withstand many falls. This protective gear supports the wrist and goes well with any Triple Eight helmet or accessory. You may use it for skateboarding, snowboarding, and roller skating.
There are two styles for you to choose from: the Wrist saver I that has a butterfly strap design with three hook-and-loop straps for a customized fit, and the Wrist saver II with a slide-on and nylon mesh sleeve with a single hook-and-loop strap for easy on-and-off. It is available in small, medium, large, and junior sizes.
- Four-way stretch nylon mesh provides a comfortable fit
- High-density, impact-resistant, replaceable ABS splints on the front and back for support
- Shock-absorbing EVA foam between the support splints and wrist for cushioning
- Stretchable mesh allows maximum breathability and movement
- Suitable for skateboarding at any level
- Available as a pair
- Metal bar on top of the hand may limit mobility
- Material may not be as thick
2. Best Sleek: Dakine Wristguard
The Dakine wrist guard is both low profile and sleek and is primarily designed for use under gloves. Pick one size larger for a good fit, and wear them when you go skateboarding, figure skating, or ice skating. It is available in six sizes, from extra small to double extra-large, and lasts longer when you use it with gloves.
- 100% Neoprene body offers durability
- Adjustable hook-and-loop strap easily fits on the wrist
- 20cm wide
- Protects your hand and wrist well
- Stretchable and comfortable to use
- Withstands falls and stretches
- May not offer adequate coverage beyond wrists
- Might be a bit bulky
3. Best Air-Dryable: EvoShield EvoCharge Protective Wrist Guard
This protective wrist guard is available in a wide range of colors for you to choose from. It is made of gel-to-shell custom-molding technology that protects from wild pitches and bad hops. The quality construction adjusts rightly to the wrist, protecting against falls and crashes. It is suitable for any active lifestyle. The shield coverage measures 3(W) x 4(L)in, and sleeve coverage measures five inches. The design features vivid patterns and dynamic colors for you to make a style statement. Watch this video to find a detailed review of this product.
- 100% Neoprene fabric construction
- Contains a performance neoprene wrist sleeve and one custom-molding protective wrist shield
- Starts as soft and flexible and transforms into hard and protective in minutes
- Custom shield molds to the shape of the hands, making it an ideal fit
- Hand-washable and air-dryable
- May run small
- Can be a little hard to put on
4. Best Double-Stitched: Hillbilly Protective Gear Wrist Guard Gloves
These wrist guards are unique as they fit over the hand like a glove. They are more comfortable than the strap fit and are suitable for roller sports. The gloves are made of goatskin leather, held by a double-stitched nylon thread, which makes them strong and durable. Check out this video for a detailed review of the product.
- Resistant to wear and tear
- ABS palm splint takes the brunt of any impact
- Provides premium comfort and protection
- Covers half the length of the fingers for a convenient hold
- Ideal for speedy rides and keeps the wrist protected
- Comes in small and extra-large sizes
- Hard plastic piece may snap when exposed to intense impact
- May not provide added protection to the knuckles
5. Best Angled Design: 187 Killer Pads Wrist Guard
The 187 Killer Pads wrist guards are among the best and known for their modern construction. They are comfortable and durable, so you may enjoy longboarding. The guards are tough enough to handle the falls and help you stand up again with the same energy. The material and stitching make it durable.
- Angled design conforms well to the hands
- Reinforced thumb hole and palm increase longevity
- Ballistic nylon with industrial-weight stitching for durability
- Extra-thick splint protects the hand base
- Padded interior offers extra comfort
- May not fit well on big hands
- Plastic piece around palms may limit mobility
6. Best Breathable: Cthoper Impact Wrist Guard Fitted Wrist Brace
CThoper is a well-designed and stylish wrist guard you may consider. It protects your wrist, palm, and hands from injury and pain when skating, skateboarding, skiing, roller skating, snowboarding, and playing sports that demand intensive protection. You may wear it inside the snowboarding or skiing gloves.
- High-quality EVA foam pad protects the hands from shocks and bruises
- Thick splint on the palm and back of the hand protects the base from hard impacts
- Four-way stretch breathable nylon mesh gives a snug fit
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Two adjustable hook-and-loop straps on the palm and wrist for flexibility and good movement
- Available for palm breadth sizes of 2.36-2.95″(S), 2.95-3.54″ (M), and 3.54-3.94″(L)
- Suitable for both men and women
- Some may find it a bit bulky
- Straps might be bigger than expected
7. Best For Kids: Simply Kids Wrist Guards Skateboarding Protective Gear
Doing outdoor activities is one of the best ways to create precious memories with your children. If you are planning to go skating with children, invest in the Simply Kids wrist guards for their protection. They are CPSIA-compliant and are made to offer comfort and look cool. Moreover, they protect the child’s growing bones during the vulnerable twists.
- Twin splint construction offers excellent support for tender young bones
- Thumb hole for extra flexibility
- Innovative hook-and-loop straps for a secure fit
- Easy to put on and take off
- Straps may be a little flimsy
- Might be prone to getting dirty
8. Best Duuble-Sided: Demon Flexmeter Wrist Guards
- Made of 90% neoprene, 10% polyethylene (fabric), and polyamide (lining)
- Adjustable slides with hook-and-loop straps
- Ample padding on front and back
- Palm protection using D3O technology
- Dorsal thermoplastic splint made in Hytrel
- Highly resistant to extreme temperatures
- Comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty
- Velcro strap may not be stitched well
- May not be as hard
9. Best For Beginners: Soared Skating Impact Wrist Guards
Ideal for beginners, these wrist guards can be used for skating, skiing, snowboarding, and skateboarding to save your wrists. They are slightly flexible but solid enough to avoid bending of the wrist. They also protect the hands, including the palm, back of the hand, and the wrist, from strain and injuries. The straps are long and comfortable.
- Ergonomic, flexible ABS plastic bones shell with special hole support points
- Two adjustable snug-fit nylon straps provide durability
- Tough and stretchable Lycra mesh fabric on both sides
- Breathable and moisture-wicking mesh
- Flexible and impact-resistant splint
- Easy to wear and remove
- May not offer optimal adjustments
- May not be as solid
10. Best For Women: K2 Alexis Women’s 2012 Wrist Guard
The K2 Alexis wrist guard is designed for women and protects you from bumps and bruises when you hit the ground. It offers excellent protection during extreme sports, as the armor on both top and bottom conforms to the palm. The guard has a great wrap look with a fastener for a secure fit. It is suitable for snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, and roller skating.
- Made of heavy-duty plastic material
- Adjustable elastic straps for a secure fit
- Breathable mesh supports
- Durable plastic caps shield against abrasion and impact
- Might restrain movement at times
- Might be difficult to put on
11. Best Cushioning: Lalatech Skating Gloves
The Lalatech skating gloves can be used for skateboarding, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, camping, snow sports, and motocross. They cover only the palms and wrist, allowing a full range of thumb and finger movement. The plastic splint protection makes them tough.
- Impact-resistant ABS plastic bone shells
- Adjustable nylon strap on the palm and wrist for a secure fit
- Good cushioning and protection
- Thumbhole for added flexibility and easy access
- Unique hollow design makes them breathable and comfortable to wear
- Inner cushion pad absorbs sweat and provides added protection
- Available in medium and large sizes
- Does not offer coverage for fingers
- May run small
How To Choose The Right Wrist Guard?
Here are a few key features to consider if you are planning to get the best wrist guard.
- Material: Consider buying a wrist guard made of a material that lasts long and is appropriate for the weather. If it is hot, you may have to go for lightweight and breathable material. For colder weather, thick materials are ideal as they provide more protection.
- Flexibility and fit: You want a wrist guard that is comfortable to wear and flexible enough to exercise the muscles in the region. It should fit firmly and have straps for adjustment. Measure your palm size and choose a guard accordingly.
- Style: There are different styles, including full-finger wrist guard, half-finger wrist guard, and fingerless guards. Choose the one that makes you feel comfortable and safe.
- Durability: Wrist guards are usually super durable and are designed to withstand falls. They last longer if used correctly. Check the reviews to understand more about the durability.
- Budget: If you are a professional skater, you may want to invest in quality wrist guards even if they are expensive. For your safety, invest in the best one that saves your money in the long run.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Considering the material, style, durability, and utility, we have prepared a list of the best wrist guards that provide support and protect your wrists while skating. To make this article more informative, we have also highlighted the features of each product and considered user reviews to offer an unbiased opinion. We have also provided a buying guide to help you with the right purchase.
The best wrist guard aids in protecting your hands and preventing an injury when performing any sports activity such as skiing or skating. A wrist guard should be lightweight, durable, and stretchable to provide much-needed protection and comfort when performing a sports-based activity or any other recreational exercise. Our list of the most-popular wrist guards and a buying guide can help you select the right wrist guard that not only acts as a shield to your wrist but also adds to your sports equipment repertoire.
- Best Wrist Wraps
- Best Skateboard Elbow Pads
- Best Skateboard Knee Pads
- Best Cycling Gloves For Hand Numbness