Does your child like to write or make notes often? Do they often draw or doodle on the walls or on any piece of paper they find? Well, then you should think about getting them a writing board to encourage them to write or sketch more and prevent them from scribbling on the walls, or important work documents.
Keep reading this MomJunction post as we bring you a list of the best writing boards for kids along with their features. Check the details of each and pick the most suitable one for your child.
13 Best Writing Boards For Kids
Useful and convenient, this LCD writing tablet helps your child to set no limits to their imagination. It lets them draw, write, learn words and numbers, and doodle all day. The screen has no radiation and protects the eyes even after long use, making it a safe writing board for kids.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Has a kickstand to use as a message board.
- Comes with two magnets, two writing styluses, and two batteries.
- Measures 14 x 21 x 0.5in in size.
- Has one button to erase the screen.
- Batteries can be replaced conveniently.
The drawing tablet lets your children write and draw on the pressure-sensitive technology screen. It helps to boost the kid’s creativity and thinking skills, without any wastage of paper. It promotes learning and is safe and convenient to use by children of all ages.
- Comes with a built-in battery.
- No light and radiation to protect the eyes.
- Light, portable, and eco-friendly.
- Measures 8.7 x 5.9 x 0.2in and weighs 5.6oz.
- Can be locked and unlocked when required.
Your kid can enjoy easy learning on the pressure-sensitive Leyaoyao LCD writing tablet. It’s where kids can give shape to their imagination with beautiful images, numbers, scribbles, and doodles with the given stylus. The rear side of the tablet has two magnets that help fix the tablet to magnetic doors or surfaces. The tablet is made of non-toxic ABS material for safe usage. Moreover, it comes with an in-built replaceable battery and has 13 beautiful colors choices.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Large 8.5-inch screen and a single ‘delete’ button.
- Comes with a pouch to store and carry the board.
- Battery has a long shelf-life of almost 12 months
- Has an added smart lock feature.
- Radiation-free, glare-free, and ideal for gifting
Powered by pressure-sensitive technology, this writing board for kids is an environment-friendly gadget. It has a no-glare and no-radiation LCD screen and offers a smooth writing experience for the kids. The batteries run for about six months and may not need replacement often.
- Lightweight, durable, and portable.
- Measures 8.5 inches and weighs 0.183kg.
- Single button erases the screen.
- Can be used for multiple purposes.
- Protects the eyes and is safe for children to use.
- Batteries can be replaced.
The pack not only has a writing board for kids but also contains a lot of accessories that children could use to expand their imagination. The magnetic screen is larger than usual, easy to carry, and comes along with stamps, stencils, and a magnetic pen. It has a unique design and could be an appropriate choice of gift.
- Made with ABS plastic material, safe and non-toxic.
- Pen is attached to the board with a string.
- Screen can be erased with a slider.
- Smooth edges and portable pad.
- Measures 17 inches in size.
The LCD writing tablet for kids is a creative, educational, and interesting tool to play and learn. It is made with durable plastic material and has a flexible LCD screen. It comes with a delete button that deletes everything on the screen at one go. You may pick any from five different colors of the writing board.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Ultra-thin and portable.
- Battery has a long life.
- Eco-friendly gift option for kids.
- Measures 9.06 x 6.3 x 0.39in.
A drawing board with multiple advanced features that lets children have fun while learning and writing. It comes with a built-in battery and ensures a long service life. The writing board for kids is available in five colors and comes with a stylus for smooth doodling.
- Comes with a smart lock function.
- Has a replaceable button battery.
- Durable, portable, and easy to use.
- Eco-friendly and ideal for gifting.
- No electromagnetic radiation makes it safe for kids.
The colorful magnetic board is designed for children between the ages of three and seven. It is easy and safe to use and comes in four colors, making it attractive for children. One slide helps to erase everything on the board. It comes with a few stamps and a stylus to boost creativity.
- Made of high-quality and non-toxic material.
- Safe and convenient for children.
- Measures 14.1 x 12.3 x 2in in size and 1.19lbs in weight.
- Has a handle to hang on the wall.
- Ideal as a gifting option for kids.
A simple scribbling pad, this is designed for little kids to write and draw anything they like. It is durable and offers a smooth screen to doodle. Available in three colors that your child can pick from. The magnetic writing board for kids is fun and makes learning enjoyable.
- Sturdy and durable.
- Easy to clear the screen.
- Comes with a replaceable brush-pencil.
- Has a flexible screen and ‘delete’ key.
- Has a hoop to fix the pen.
The high-tech writing pad is durable and comes with an upgraded stylus to give your child a smooth writing experience. It allows your child to paint, create graffiti, and draft notes. The rainbow-colored ink makes it interesting and encouraging for kids to use the writing tablet for a long time.
- Light and portable board.
- Lock and unlock feature available.
- Comes with a special pencil and brush.
- Available in three colors, namely blue, yellow, and pink.
- Grinding screen offers better tactility.
The doodle writing pad is designed for toddlers. It comes in two colors, pink and blue. Scribbling on the colorful screen is fun, as is using the three stamps that come with it. It is easy to use and encourages tiny tots to write and doodle on the writing board.
- Light and travel-friendly.
- Comes with a handle and sliding eraser.
- Measures 10.4 x 7.4 inches.
- Convenient and fun to use.
- Comes well-packed in a box.
The LCD writing board for kids is designed in unique shapes and colors. It is made with quality ABS plastic material that is non-toxic and tasteless. It is powered by pressure-sensitive technology and offers smooth writing or scribbling experience to young children.
- One click helps to clear the screen.
- Has a lock and unlock feature.
- Available in blue, pink, and yellow colors.
- No glare and radiation, safe for kids.
- Eco-friendly and educational board.
The creative board is designed for young kids as an educational tool. It allows them to explore their creative side when using this board. It has beads that have to be pushed with the stylus to erase the board. This board offers a combination of play and learn at the same time.
- Lightweight, durable, and portable.
- Provides sensory-reinforced play.
- Kids can create, design, and draw.
- Available in small and big sizes.
- Unique and high-quality board.
How To Choose The Best Writing Board?
If you are confused about picking the most suitable writing board for your child, go through the following tips to get some help.
- Age: Of all the writing boards available in the market, some are meant only for toddlers, while others are designed for young children. Toddlers’ writing tablets come with stamps and stencils and are much simpler in design than others. While writing pads for young kids are designed for making notes and learning new words. So, pick a writing pad as per your child’s age.
- Features: It is better to find a writing board for kids that comes with a lot of features, thus making it easier for them to learn and have fun at the same time. Lightweight, kid-friendly, portable, lock function, smooth writing, sensors, and clear screen are some of the common elements to look for.
- Quality: The writing tablet or pad should be made with high-quality material such as ABS, which is non-toxic, odorless, and safe for the children to use. Also, the batteries should be replaceable and offer a longer shelf life.
Children need something new all the time to stay focused and motivated. Keep in mind the tips when you are looking for the most suitable writing board for your child and pick one that they are likely to use most. When buying for older children, ask them what they are going to use the board for – writing, drawing, or doing math. Based on the requirements, compare the products and buy the best writing board for your child.