Do you struggle to reach your toes with hands while performing certain yoga asanas? If yes, a yoga strap might help you achieve this with ease. A yoga strap is a long band made of cotton or nylon that can be elastic or inelastic or both. You can use it for extra support while stretching or bending.
Yoga straps are multipurpose and can also be used for Pilates, ballet, and simple stretching exercises in the gym. Whether you are a beginner or a pro, here are some of the best yoga straps that can help enhance your flexibility and balance.
11 Best Yoga Straps
The Tomaz yoga strap is made of extra-thick polyester-cotton and knitted with a special technique to hold a maximum load of 2,379lb. The 4mm welded D-ring buckle, 2.5mm thickness, and delicate texture make this one of the best yoga straps. You can choose from the 18 different colors available.
These yoga straps come in three lengths. The 6-feet strap is suitable for most people, the 8-feet strap is best for taller people and yoga professionals, and the 10-feet strap is for all and offers the maximum stretch.
- Thick straps
- Different colors and designs
- Easy-to-use D-ring buckle
- Great flexibility
- Meets the US California Proposition 65 standards
- Does not come with loops
- Some may find it too soft to have a good grip
Yoga straps are the best tools if you want to improve your flexibility, alignment, and posture. The Clever Yoga yoga strap for posture is made of thick and durable cotton that offers a superior grip while trying yoga poses. Each yoga strap comes with two D-link buckles for added safety during practice sessions.
The yoga strap is durable and machine-washable and is said to get softer after each wash. This strap is best for practicing yoga, Pilates, and gym exercises; and can be used for physical therapy as well. You can choose from seven different colors and two sizes: 8-feet strap for basic poses and 10-feet strap for taller people.
- Thick and strong
- High-quality buckles for added safety
- Made of premium soft cotton for better grip
- Lightweight and portable
- Might fray after a few uses
- Straps might be too stiff for some
The Reehut yoga straps are best for doing stretching exercises, yoga, or physical therapy. This yoga strap is made of soft and sturdy poly-cotton that gives a good grip.
Each strap comes with a metal D-ring buckle to adjust the length and secure the strap while performing various yoga poses. The straps are tightly knitted, and every stitch is aligned, making them sweat-absorbent and non-slippery. The straps are available in seven different colors and three different sizes—6ft, 8ft, and 10ft.
- Durable and gives a good grip
- Length can be adjusted
- Adjustable metal D-ring for safety
- Washable fabric
- Lightweight and portable
- Colors might vary
- Could be a little thin for some
Be it for stretching in the gym or yoga sessions, this yoga stretching strap with loops would be the right choice to help you perform better. The yoga strap is made of high-quality cotton and spandex to help you stretch the right way. It comes with ten soft and stretchy loops that fit your hands and legs, to help you stretch properly without the fear of injury.
The Yoga Evo yoga strap comes with a carry-on pouch and includes an exercise leaflet, ebook, and video tutorials.
- Strong and durable
- Latex-free cotton blend material
- Includes a carry-on pouch for portability
- Ten loops for better control and safety
- Available in four different colors
- Some may find it too stretchy
- Material may fray after a few uses
This versatile yoga strap can be used for yoga stretches and physiotherapy to recover from injuries. It measures 98×1.57in and can suit people of all sizes to stretch from head to toe. The Sankuu yoga strap is made of soft but durable nylon that gives a firm grip and helps prevent injuries.
There are 12 loops along the length of the strap, which provide comfortable handholds. Along with the strap, you will also get a carry bag and instructions. You can choose from the six colors available.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Large loops for better grip
- Universal fit
- May not be highly stretchable
- Lacks buckles
Stretching is a quick and easy workout routine that could enhance your balance and flexibility. You can now do stretches and yoga poses with ease using these adjustable yoga straps from Pete’s Choice. These straps are made of thick and high-quality reinforced cotton and are lightweight and easy to carry.
Each strap measures 8ft and comes with an adjustable D-ring to ensure a tight grip. You can use these strips to recover from injury or perform yoga and stretching exercises. You can choose between a two-pack or a five-pack.
- Non-slip grip
- Comes within budget
- Strong and durable
- Adjustable length
- Comes with a lifetime money-back guarantee
- No color choices
- Thick material may not be soft
The Fit lifestyle Co yoga strap is made of organic cotton that is knitted tightly to give the strap the needed strength to support your weight. It also comes with a D-ring to prevent slipping while stretching.
The yoga strap is 6-feet long and 1.5-inch wide and is available in six attractive colors.
- Made of soft organic cotton
- D-ring for safety
- Attractive colors to choose from
- Sturdy and durable
- Quality may not be up to the mark for some
This multipurpose yoga strap can be used for yoga, physical therapy, Pilates, ballet, etc. The premium woven nylon, with super-strong stitching, gives it a firm grip and makes it one of the best yoga straps for beginners.
The strap has twelve independent non-elastic loops that offer a good grip while stretching. You can choose from eight different colors.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Includes a carry bag and an instructional booklet
- Easy to clean and store
- Available only in a single size
Health yoga brings you this complete set to perform better in yoga and stretch exercises. This pack consists of two yoga blocks and a yoga strap. The yoga blocks are made of high-density EVA foam that is sturdy and lightweight to give you the needed support to perform various yoga poses.
The yoga strap comes with a non-slip and waterproof surface. It also comes with D-strings for added stability. The strap is tightly knitted, which gives it strength and durability. You can choose from five different colors.
- Complete set for yoga poses
- Sturdy and long-lasting
- D-rings for safety
- Waterproof blocks
- Non-slip strap
- The blocks may be hard for some
- The strap length may be short for some
This yoga strap consists of two webbings. One side of the strap is non-elastic and made of polyester fiber, while the other part is elastic and made of polyester and rubber thread. Such construction gives you a choice to choose any side based on your exercise regime.
It is designed with a double lock seam with 11 individual loops to allow you to increase the difficulty levels while exercising. This strap is multipurpose and can be used for yoga, Pilates, ballet, etc. The strap measures 68 x 1in and is lightweight and portable. You can choose from three different colors.
- Two webbings
- Double lock seam
- Designed to stretch all muscles and tendons safely
- Non-slip rubber pad in the center to prevent slipping
- Easy to carry
- Includes an instruction manual
- Loops may be too small for some
If you are looking for a soft and comfortable yoga strap, try the Sukhi yoga strap made of super soft material. It comes with a length of 8ft and with a metal D-ring for safety. It is said to be durable and does not break or lose its shape. The soft material is gentle on your hands and does not hurt while performing yoga exercises.
- Soft material
- Smooth on the hands
- D-ring for safety
- No-questions-asked free replacement
- Adjusting the length may not be easy
How To Choose The Right Yoga Strap?
It is important to choose the right yoga strap as faulty ones might lead to serious injuries while performing yoga stretches. Here are a few points to consider while looking for a yoga strap.
- Length: The strap’s length is most important as it determines the comfort and functioning of the straps. Also, yoga straps come in various lengths; so, choose a suitable length based on your height. For example, a 6-feet strap would suit a person with average height, but if you are taller, go for an 8-feet or 10-feet strap.
- Material: Straps are made of various materials such as cotton and nylon. Cotton ones are soft, washable, and provide a good grip, whereas the nylon straps are durable and long-lasting. Go for the straps that you are comfortable with.
- Loops or rings: D-rings are easy to close and create a loop around the foot. Moreover, a strap with loops is easy and comfortable to use.
How To Use A Yoga Strap
Yoga straps are versatile and can be used for yoga, Pilates, stretches, and ballet. As these straps provide extra support, you can use them for performing basic stretches or complicated yoga poses, such as:
- Side stretches
- Bound Angle pose
- Reclining leg stretch
- Janu Sirsasana
- Ardha Navasana
To learn more about using a yoga strap, please refer to the YouTube link below.
Yoga Strap Benefits
Yoga straps can give you the extra support to stretch better. You could learn difficult yoga poses with ease using yoga straps, which also enhance your balance and flexibility. They also reduce the risk of injuries while attempting difficult poses or stretches. Besides, yoga straps are also a good way to recover from slouching and persistent back pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I clean and care for yoga straps?
Yoga straps are easy to clean and require low maintenance. If your straps are made of cotton, they can be machine-washed, but if they contain latex, you will have to wipe them with a damp cloth and avoid soaking them in water.
Yoga straps are quite useful if you perform yoga regularly. These are lightweight, portable, and durable. However, make sure you learn how to use them, and start with simple poses before attempting complicated yoga asanas. Also, make sure you regularly clean them and check for frays and breaks.