Yoyos are something that was invented way back in 500BC. Though one might be skeptical of using an age-old toy when there are new and innovative toys at your disposal, yoyos have undergone a major evolution since then. This age-old toy has become a true innovation.
Yoyos help to improve hand-eye coordination and motor skills. Kids get to try out different yoyoing methods and tweak it to their likes. Yoyos are not just a toy, but it can be turned into a hobby or an art form. And as parents, any hobby that your child acquires that keeps them away from screen time is definitely worth it. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and check out the 13 best yoyo for kids that MomJunction has lined up for you.
13 Best Yoyo For Kids
If you are looking for a simple design without whistles and bells, then this yoyo for kids might be the one for you. The steel axle and the wide shape of the yoyo makes landing it on the string a lot smoother.
- It has a steel axle for smooth spin and features a wide string gap
- It is crafted with starburst response
- The yoyo provides a smooth landing
- It comes in four color variants
- Designed using durable plastic
This yoyo is the perfect pick for beginners and comes with a smart design. It offers great yoyo tricks for kids and someone looking to improve their skills.
- The centrifugal clutch in the yoyo allows the automatic return to hand
- Made using high-quality material, it offers great durability
- Easy to remove knots
- It comes in three different colors — red, green, and blue.
Looking for the best yoyo for kids? What sets apart the Merlin yoyo from the rest is that it can be easily turned into an unresponsive yoyo by putting a wide C bearing.
- Optimized to provide long fast spins
- Offers great balance and stability
- Has a yoyo string and ball-bearing axle
- Crafted with silicone response system
Let’s be honest, the cool black color with a splash of metallic gold is enough to make anyone deem this as one of the best yoyo for kids. The non-responsive you makes it a great option for beginners.
- It includes 2 rubber weighing rings for longer finger spins
- The steel axle offers smooth spinning
- Made using high-grade aluminum, it gives the yoyo a sleek metallic look
- It features zero recess feature without overdoing it
Next on our list of the best yoyo for kids is the Yomega Brain Yoyo. The easy to throw and play design makes it easy and less frustrating for beginners to learn the basics.
- The centrifugal clutch makes it easy to return to the hand
- The clutch system on the downswing for longer spins
- Designed to make it easy to master classic tricks
- Knows when to sleep, spin, or wake up at the string end
Who said the best yoyo for kids should always come with typical features and design? We believe the Glow Ball Light-Up Yo-Yo is everything you want in a yoyo, and so much more! The battery-powered yoyo has lights that get activated as it spins.
- The yoyo lights up as it spins
- It features boomerang action
- It includes batteries
- Recommended for kids around the age of 4 years and above.
The Yomega Fireball Anatomy is a great yoyo for intermediate and advanced players. It would also make a great gift if you want to introduce someone to the basics of yo-yoing.
- It features high-performance transaxle that enables smooth long spins
- The fireball allows one to move to the advanced stage of yo-yoing
- The modular design makes it easy to lubricate the parts or untangle strings
- Easily returns to the user’s hand with a flick of the wrist
- It is perfect for kids of all ages
If you are hunting a yoyo with a badass design, then your quest for the best yoyo for kids ends right here. Known for its uber-cool design, the Power Brain XP is a great pick for anyone looking to purchase a stress buster.
- It features a smart switch to change from an automatic return to manual.
- It includes 2 extra strings
- It has a starburst return system
- Crafted for beginners and intermediate level players
- It comes in various colors
The Yomega Raider is geared towards anyone who is past the beginner’s level. This yoyo is not just restricted to kids but can be used by adults as well.
- The revolutionized design makes it easy to master complex string tricks
- Offers optimum control to two-handed players
- Designed with the starburst return system
- Features an advanced ball bearing technology
- Recommended for kids of 4 years of age and above
Finding the best yoyo for kids can be tedious. The Spintastics Tornado 2 from Spintastic is designed by none other than the world champion, Dale Oliver. Whether it is learning new yoyo tricks or honing your looping skills, the Tornado is all you need.
- Comes with a traditional yoyo string
- Designed with a bearing that sleeps
- It features a starburst style response
- Can be easily unscrewed to remove knots or change strings
- Provides longer spins with ball bearing axle
This wooden yoyo is reminiscent of olden times and easy to use. This yoyo allows you to engrave your child’s name in it, making it one of the best yoyo for kids. This makes for a great personalized gift item as well.
- Made using durable lightweight wood
- It can be customized up to 14 characters and in 4 different font styles
- Comes with a string attached
- Responsive yoyo that is easy to play with
These yoyos glow in the dark and come in 5 attractive colors. It is a great pick for beginners and intermediate players and lets you perform all the classic yoyo tricks with ease.
- The responsive yoyo requires just a tug along the string to wake up
- Crafted with a ball bearing axle for longer spin times
- Suitable for intermediate and advanced tricks
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- Crafted using aerodynamic principles, it offers great performance
- The modular design can be easily unscrewed for lubrication and untangling strings
- Made using durable material
- Suitable for kids, beginners, intermediate, and advanced players
Now that you have got the list of the best yoyo for kids, let’s help you in making a better decision at that.
How To Choose The Right Yoyo For Kids?
Here a few points to bear in mind while buying a yoyo:
- If your child is a beginner, make sure to pick one that is beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- A yoyo that is crafted for beginners will help your child learn the basic yoyo tricks with ease.
- Another factor to take into consideration is the design and durability of the product. After all, you don’t want to be stuck with a product that your child doesn’t find to be visually appealing or can’t withstand wear and tear.
The durability and affordability of yoyos make it a wise toy to gift your kids. Apart from being an entertaining option, yoyos are perfect for kids to develop their hand-eye coordination and motor skills. We hope that our diverse list of yoyo toys made it easier for you to choose the one that would be perfect for your kid.