Ziplines can be a great adventure sport for your kid. That is why we have included some of the best backyard ziplines here. This sport is a great way for your child to get some physical exercise and fresh air at the same time. However, when investing in a Zipline, parents should always be aware of the quality to prevent any accidents. Have a look at our compiled list:
Top Products From Our List
Safety Tips For Kids Ziplines
Before you install a zipline in your backyard, there are certain safety tips you should consider.
- The rider should wear a helmet, gloves, and harness.
- Inspect and maintain the zipline regularly for any wear-off.
- Keep rules and make sure the children follow them.
- Make sure there are no obstacles or hurdles in between.
- The zipline area should be open and free of anything that might cause injury.
15 Best Ziplines For Backyard
Slackers Eagle Series Zipline Kit is made of alloy steel and is suitable for encouraging physical play in children and teenagers. The kit comes with a signature zipspring brake system, which adds extra safety and comfort to every thrilling ride. The rubberized plugs at each end of the spring clutch protect your line and trolley from damage while also slowing down, giving the rider a safer, smoother landing.
- Durable material
- Weather-resistant hardware
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- 200lb weight limit
- Might take a long time to set up
The CTSC zipline complies with international safety regulations. The sling cable is seven feet long, while the main cable is 60 feet long. This zipline is built exclusively for children with non-slippery rubber grips that allow riders to maintain a firm grasp while playing. The zipline’s elements include galvanized steel cables and non-slip grasp handles for optimal comfort and safety.
- Ten years limited warranty
- Pre-assembled trolley
- Easy to install
- 250lb weight limit
- Might not be suitable for adults
The zipline trolley of the Jugader zipline kit is removable, allowing it to be installed at any point along the chain. The seat and spring brake, the adjustable safety belt and strap, and the non-slip handlebar have been upgraded for added security. For ease of installation of the zipline, it includes cable tensioner kits. The 160ft stainless steel cable and a 6.5ft sling cable with a tree protection tube allow a faster ride at an increased height.
- Comes with a storage kit
- Plastic neck protects the legs and reduces friction
- Suitable for both kids and adults
- 250lb maximum weight capacity
- No extra or spare parts included
The backyard zipline cable from Trsmima is 98ft long and is made of galvanized ultra-strong aircraft steel, and the harness is made of high-steel polyester fiber. Its design pulley can be fitted from any cable point and can be firmly secured to the strap. The expanded pulley provides a solid running ability when sliding, while the grip is wrapped in pleasant non-slip rubber. Its spring brake system is constructed from 304 stainless steel, which is more durable and stronger.
- Adjustable cable
- Can support 330lb
- Protected harness
- Assembling could be difficult
The Hi-Na zipline has a handlebar and twin ball bearings on each wheel that helps to have a rapid and smooth ride. The cable is made of strong galvanized steel, and the built-in seats allow kids to swoop through the air while staying close to the ground. The steel trolley can slide smoothly and safely across the cable, and padded handles provide a good grip. The length of the rope and height of the seat can be adjusted easily to accommodate children of all heights.
- Supports 250lb
- Seat is made of eco-friendly material
- Improves sensory balance
- Available in different heights
- Kids require adult supervision while riding.
You can turn your backyard into a thrill zone with HearthSong’s 150ft zip line kit. They have adjustable seats and non-slip carriage handles. You can remove the seat and ride directly for a more thrilling experience. This zipline kit includes a steel cable, tree guards, handles, an adjustable seat, rubber brake, hanging hardware, full installation, and safety instructions. It has to be installed with an 8 to 10% maximum slope.
- Non-slip handles
- Develops balance and athleticism
- Easy installation
- Safe and sturdy
- Not suitable for kids below eight years
The stainless steel zipline pulley of the X Xben zipline features ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings for a smooth ride, a soft-grip handle, 5mm galvanized steel cable, an adjustable seat, a spring brake, and steel side plates. The swing seats of the zipline have a diameter of 60mm and are robust and thick. It is made of high-quality, extra-durable materials and is connected to a sturdy climb rope. The zipline kit also comes with a tree protection tube and adjustable buckles for the rope.
- Suitable for kids and adults
- Supports 280lb
- Might be difficult to install
A 5.3ft stainless steel spring stopper is included in the CTSC zipline kit as a braking system, ensuring that the zipline does not abruptly halt. The five-foot sling rope is used to wrap around the first tree, and the 75ft main cable is used to fill the distance between the two trees and the circumference of the end tree. The airplane-shaped zipline trolley gives children the thrill of flying. The rope knot adapts to the height of the child for the finest possible riding experience.
- Meets international safety standards
- Can personalize the length of the zipline
- Ten-year limited warranty
- Sturdy and comfortable seat
- Cable might shred
The NTR zipline pulley is made of double stainless steel and has a soft-grip handlebar, ultra-smooth sealed ball bearings, steel side plates, and extended wear alloy sheaves. Thanks to its detachable design, it can be easily attached to zipline wire and uninstalled. The zipline trolley with a handle is designed so that it rides extremely smoothly without wobbling. It can handle a weight of up to 350lb and has an adjustable harness for both kids and adults.
- Easy to set up
- Improves sensory balance and coordination
- Adheres to strict safety standards
- Smoother pulley
- Not suitable for children under the age of 12
The zipline kit from HearthSong Store has a 100ft stainless steel cable, adjustable and detachable seat, a completely enclosed carriage with non-slip grips, rubber stopper, two tree-protectors (one pre-assembled on cable), and hanging hardware—all designed with safety and durability in mind. With its adjustable seat, this zipline can easily fit children of various heights, and the seat can be removed for more enjoyment. It requires an installation of an 8 to 10% slope.
- Can hold up to 250lb
- Builds strength and agility
- Easy to install
- Can be installed in any open space
- Takes time and effort to set up
The zipline kit from Gusto Games comes with a 110ft long cable, sturdy seat, smooth brake, and an optional, adjustable harness that adjusts between 18 to 40in around the waist, 14 to 32in around the legs, and a 23 to 40in lanyard. It can carry a weight of about 250lb and makes an excellent gift. The stainless-steel cable has a thickness of 4mm, and the spring break of this zip line is 5.4ft long.
- Easy-to-follow instruction manual
- Suitable for adults and kids
- Works as a treehouse accessory
- Safe and secure
- Not suitable for children below eight years
Fediman’s zipline kit contains a 98ft stainless steel cable with a diameter of 6mm, an adjustable safety belt, a 5.9ft spring break, a seat, and a detachable zip line trolley. It encourages a safe experience with the adjustable seat and harness that protects both children and adults. The seat can be detached and the zipper line can be used for a more exciting play experience. The sealed ball bearings help the zipline move smoothly, and the non-slip rubber grip helps the rider hold on to the zipline firmly.
- Sturdy and durable
- Can hold up to 500lb
- Non-slip trolley
- Instruction manual might be confusing
The 100ft zipline from Dedayl meets international quality standards and can conveniently hold up to 250lb. It is specially designed for kids, and the non-slip rubber grips help the child to hold on firmly while riding the zipline. It includes a 5.3ft stainless steel spring break, high-quality bearings, two tree bark protection belts, and comes with all necessary hardware to install the zipline in your backyard. The set also has a seat on which children can sit comfortably and ride.
- Easy installation
- Well-constructed trolley
- Convenient and safe
- Instruction manual might be unclear
The Dilimi zipline system contains a 65ft steel wire, a completely enclosed carriage with non-slip grips, adjustable seat, safe rubber brake, and hanging hardware—all designed with safety and sturdiness in mind. This kit includes a seat with a height-adjustable bracket that may be removed for an even greater thrill. Riders can retain a firm grasp on the zipline while playing, owing to the non-slippery rubber grips. It is easy to install and can be set up in parks or backyards.
- Sealed ball-bearing pulleys
- Develops athleticism and strength
- Safe and comfortable
- May not be suitable for younger children
The Hi-Na zipline kit includes a steel spring brake to help children slow down and maintain a safe gap between them and the tree. It also includes a robust swing seat that can be adjusted and is paired with a stainless-steel cable that can support up to 250lb. The zipline seat can be adjusted to an appropriate height for children of various ages to hold the handle. The kit contains all assembly tools, and some of the zipline kit components are already put together.
- Available in different cable lengths
- Easy to assemble
- Comfortable and convenient
- Trolley might be heavy compared to the cable
How To Choose The Right Backyard Zipline Kit For Kids?
Here’s how you can choose the best zipline so many of them are available in the market.
- Length: Measure the distance between the trees you’ll use as anchor points and multiply it by the diameters of your trees. Then purchase a zipline that is longer. Double-check the specifications because some ziplines are labeled by their usable length while others are labeled by total length.
- Safety: Always choose ziplines that meet US safety regulations and have been properly built. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions while installing and using the zipline, and examine it before using it.
- Weight capacity: Look for a product with a sufficient weight restriction. The majority of ziplines have weight limitations of approximately 200lb. The greater the weight limit, the more likely an adult will be able to utilize the zipline.
- Comfort and durability: Some ziplines require you to dangle by the hands alone with no further support. Ziplines with adjustable seats will provide the best comfort for the rider. Long-lasting ziplines are usually made of stainless steel.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I install a kids; zipline?
You’ll need an open area between two healthy, sturdy trees with a diameter of at least 18 inches to build a zipline. The area must have a minimum of seven feet of clearance on both sides and be free of anything that might injure your child if they fall off the zipline.
2. Can I zipline in the rain?
It is advised to not zipline during the rains as lightning or strong gusts might not be a safe option. Also, the wetness may make your zipline experience go quicker than normal, all of those slippery components, including the platforms, might be a safety concern.
Ziplines are the newest and most popular backyard toy. Not only are kids enthralled by the prospect of having a zipline in their own backyard, but even parents can also experience the fun. There are a plethora of fantastic choices on the market that are both sturdy and enjoyable to use.