Cycling is a healthy exercise that people of all ages can indulge in. Teenagers can also enjoy this activity to stay fit and to travel short distances to school, the grocery store, or the park. If you want your teenaged girl to cycle for health but are clueless about what bike you can get her, this post is for you.
Bikes are usually safe and have progressive geometry, plus high-quality components, broader tires, lighter frames, and a broad range of size options to suit people of different heights and builds. These are some of the things you must consider when picking a bicycle for your teenager.
Read on for a list of the best bikes for teenage girls that you can buy today.
10 Best Bikes For Teenage Girls
The EVRYjourney hybrid cruiser is a classic bicycle from sixthreezero that looks sleek and modern. It is designed for comfort, style, and ease-of-use to suit a wide range of teenage riders. This single-speed model bike offers smooth rides on flat terrains in neighborhoods, parks, city roads, and beaches.
- 5-inch lightweight aluminum frame for easy maneuvering
- Available in two models – 24in and 26in to suit riders from 4ft to 6ft in height
- Upright riding style to keep the shoulder and the back comfortable
- Foot-forward design to provide ample space to extend the legs
- Front handbrake and a rear coaster brake for safe stopping
- Difficult to assemble
- Has no bell
- Steering bar is too wide
- Heavy and bulky
This sixthreezero bike with sweeping cruiser handlebars and upright riding design could be one of the best bikes out there for girls. It comes with a chain guard that protects pant cuffs from getting caught, and a rear rack with optional baskets, panniers, and other accessories.
- 17-inch lightweight steel frame
- Comes 85% assembled
- Provides smooth and upright riding om on all terrains
- Wide chrome-plated cruiser handlebars for comfort riding
- No complicated cables or gear systems
- Handlebar may shift while riding
- Brakes make a loud noise
- Chain may get loose often
The Firmstrong Urban Lady Cruiser bicycle comes in a range of colors to suit your girl’s taste and has been designed to accommodate women of different heights. You will find four gearing options specifically made for different types of rides. The oversized seat with dual springs offers a comfortable ride on all terrains.
- Ideal for rides up to 30 miles and speeds up to 20 MPH
- Front and rear hand brakes make stopping easy
- Comes 80% assembled
- 17-inch steel frame and aluminum wheels with whitewall tires
- Wide handlebars with rubber grips
- Adjustable seat and handlebar height and tilt
- Available in 13 colors
- Fenders may be weak
- Kickstand is light
- A relatively heavy bike
Let your girl ride with style and confidence in this vintage or retro-styled cruiser by Schwinn. The bike takes you back in time for classic riding experience. It is available in three colors of black, yellow, and light mint. You can choose from a step-through or step-over frame.
- Steel frame and fork offer a comfortable ride
- Alloy front and rear hand brakes for easy stopping
- Fender protects from splashes
- Suitable to use in all weather conditions
- Classic rear carrier for storage
- Accommodates riders of height range 5’4” to 6’2”
- Seat is hard and may not be comfortable
- Assembly could be difficult
This could be one of the comfort bikes for everyday riding around the town, beach, or up and down the hilly regions. It has three gears that can be adjusted to suit different riding levels. It is available in a wide range of colors with matching front and rear fenders.
- 26-inch wheel size that fit riders of heights between 5’4″ and 6’4″
- Extra-wide comfort saddle with dual springs absorb bumps
- Pedal-backward coaster brakes for precise stopping
- Crankset configuration makes pedaling easy
- Wide chrome-plated handlebar that keeps shoulders, arms, and back in a comfortable position
- Comes 85% assembled
- Handlebars and seat may not be intact
- May make a noise when pedaling in second and third gear
- Relatively a heavy bicycle
Relax and take it easy as you glide as you ride the Schwinn Perla Women’s Beach Cruiser Bike. Designed for ease and comfort, it has a cushiony and quilted seat with spring action for comfortable riding. The seven different speed system allows stress-free terrain riding experience.
- Sturdy steel frame material makes the ride easy around the neighborhood, beach, or park
- Allow linear-pull brakes for easy stopping
- Upright riding position keeps shoulders and the back straight
- Available in four colors of pink, yellow, blue, and coral
- Steel frame with matching fenders offer a stable riding experience
- Rear track to carry or store things
- Can only fit riders of heights between 5’4” and 5’9”
- Assembly may be difficult
If your girl is a beginner, then this could be a good choice for her. The Schwinn Phocus 1400 and 1600 Drop Bar Road Bikes are suitable for cruising around the neighborhood, short commutes, or getting some exercise. The sturdy frame material, the braking system, and comfortable saddle are its ideal features.
- Aluminum frame and carbon fiber road fork
- Highly sensitive braking mechanism
- Double-wall rims with paired spokes that last long
- Alloy three-piece crank offers a wide gear range
- Lightweight with minimal accessories
- Drop handlebars for an aerodynamic and powerful riding position
- Narrow tires for minimal rolling resistance
- Comes partly assembled
- Caliper brakes that may not last long
The stylish beach cruiser bike is a combination of classic and vintage bikes. Designed with a lightweight aluminum frame, it delivers rolling momentum for effortless pedaling. The cushion spring saddle offers a rich riding experience, and the dual-density grips make every movement enjoyable.
- Suitable for ages between 12 and 19
- Swept-back handlebars give upright riding stature with full leg extension
- Front basket and a rear rack for storing essentials
- Coaster brakes enable safe and comfortable stopping
- Alloy rims protect the bike from rust
- Stenciled flowers on the chain guard make it beautiful
- Fixed gear and may require more effort when riding uphill
- Requires assembly
Firmstrong comes with another beach cruiser bike with a wide range of comfort features. It has a single gear system with just one brake. The pedals rotate easily so that the riders don’t get exhausted soon. It is available in five different colors.
- Suitable for learners who are graduating from training wheels to a larger bike
- Accommodates girls within the height range of 3’2” to 4’4”
- Seat and handlebars are easily adjustable
- Training wheels can be installed if required (not included)
- Oversized saddle with dual springs give extra comfort
- Fenders may be weak
- Not fully assembled
The Giordano Libero 700c bike available in white, pink, and black color theme is sure to gain a lot of attention. It is available in medium and large sizes and can accommodate riders of varying heights. Weighing around 38 pounds, it is lighter than other alternatives.
- Handcrafted aluminum frame and is lightweight
- Simple and easy to assemble
- Drop handlebars for a powerful and aerodynamic riding position
- Two water bottle mounts
- Wheels are well designed for wide terrains
- Brakes may not be that strong
- Thin tires may skid at times
How To Choose The Right Bikes For Teenage Girls?
Here are a few important things to look for when finding the best bike for your girl.
- Bike size: Choose a bike that suits your teen’s height and weight. She may get wobbly and not enjoy riding if reaching the pedals is difficult.
- Lightweight: A lightweight bike is much easier to lift or transport wherever she goes, and they are easy to ride too.
- Frame: Frames are made of different materials, including carbon fiber, steel, aluminum, or titanium. Steel is relatively durable but makes the bike heavy. Titanium is strong and expensive. Carbon fiber is stiff and long-lasting. Aluminum is usually durable, strong, and lightweight.
- Handlebars: A good handlebar that is convenient should be between 36cm and 38 cm in width to offer stability while riding.
- Seat: Consider a seat that is comfortable even for long-distance traveling. Check the features and read the reviews to have a better idea about it.
Whether finding a comfortable bike for exercising, everyday travel, or just for fun, the above list and the features should be of help. Go through the specifications, keep the buying guide in mind, and purchase the perfect bike that suits your teen’s needs.