Intelligence can guarantee your child’s success, isn’t it? Well, not quite! But, intelligence does go a long way in promoting your kid’s mental development. With a little help, you can help hone your kid’s cognitive skills and give him a head start over his peers.
And, Momjunction has just the thing to get him started- ‘brain gym exercises’. Yes, you read that right. Brain gym exercises can help your little one become the next Einstein. So, read through our collection of 10 lovely brain gym exercises for kids.
1. Cross Crawls:
- The exercise helps release excess stress in kids, and they can effectively concentrate on their studies.
- Your kid needs to move his left arm to the right leg, and then switch sides.
- The slow lateral movement enhances your kid’s attention and mental coordination.
[ Read: Math Games And For Kids ]
2. Lazy Eight’s:
- Your kid has to draw the figure eight for multiple times either imaginary in the air or on a paper.
- The exercise activates your kid’s creative side and loosens the muscles of his arm and wrist.
- The exercise helps improve your kid’s reading speed, eye-muscles coordination, and peripheral vision.
3. Double Doodle:
- This bilateral drawing activity requires your kid to sketch two images with both his hands.
- The activity encourages your kid’s learning skills and improves spelling accurateness, math calculation speed and recognition of writing symbols. This is a great brain gym activities for kids.
4. The Elephant:
- Your child needs to stretch one of his hands and place it in close vicinity to the same-sided ear.
- By rotating the extended hand, he needs to make the symbol infinity in the air for at least three times, and vice versa.
- The movements activate your kid’s mind and body balance and encourage the brain to listen to the words correctly.
- It improves your kid’s thinking ability, short- and long-term memory, and attention.
[ Read: Benefits Of Exercises For Kids ]
5. The Owl:
- Your kid needs to sit comfortably and bring one of his hands to the opposite shoulder.
- By holding the hand steady, he has to pinch the shoulder around the trapezius muscle.
- Your kid should now turn his head towards the direction of the pinched shoulder and take a deep breath.
- The exercising posture and range of motion improves the blood circulation and improves your child’s attention and memory.
6. The Active Arm:
- Your kid has to stretch one of his arms and the other arm should be held at a right angle to hold the extended arm in a firm position.
- The exercise strengthens your kid’s upper chest and shoulders.
- It activates your kid’s brain, betters hand-eye coordination, and tool controlling skills.
7. The Gravitational Glider:
- While sitting straight on a chair, your kid must stretch his legs and cross the right leg over the left at the ankles.
- Taking a deep breath, he should now lean forwards and stretch the arm to reach up to the feet.
- The gravitational glider stretches your kid’s hamstring and enhances blood and oxygen flow.
- The exercise boosts your kid’s self-expression, confidence, and stability..
8. Earth Buttons:
- Your kid has to either stand or sit down comfortably.
- He should place the right hand on the lips and the palm of the left hand over the navel position.
- Now he needs to rub both the upper and lower body parts in a small, circular motion.
- The earth buttons exercise help in improving your kid’s mental alertness, and whole-body orientation.
9. The Thinking Cap:
- Your child has to hold both the ears with his thumbs and the index fingers of both hands and roll and unroll the outer edge of the ear.
- Thinking Cap helps in improving your kid’s hearing, peripheral vision, and short-term memory.
[ Read: Crossword Puzzles For Kids ]
- Your kid can either perform the exercise while standing, sitting, or lying down.
- He needs to cross the left ankle over the right one, intertwine the fingers and place them near the chest and breathe deeply.
- The exercise promotes mind and body relaxation.
Do you know any other brain gym exercises for children? Did you get your kid to do some of these exercises? Tell us below!
- Top 25 Warm Up Exercises & Games For Your Kids
- Top 10 Stretching Exercises For Kids
- 4 Health Benefits Of Pilates For Kids
- 5 Health Benefits Of Strength Exercises For Kids
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017
- Diet Plans For Overweight Pregnant Women - Everything You Need To Know - June 30, 2017
- 12 Common Complications Associated With Twin Pregnancy - June 30, 2017
- Hepatitis During Pregnancy: Types, Causes, And Treatment - May 11, 2017
- You Have Different Breastmilk For Your Daughter And Son - June 6, 2016
- How To Be A Good Husband - A Definite Guide - May 30, 2016
- 10 Delicious Non-Alcoholic Cocktails Recipes For Kids - May 27, 2016
- 8 Spectacular Nail Art Designs For Teens - May 24, 2016