Got a fussy kid at home? Does your kid love grabbing a pack of instant noodles or potato chips to satisfy his hunger pangs? Check out these surprisingly simple recipes we’ve put together that’ll keep your kid from indulging in unhealthy snacks, and at the same time, love you for making these yummy treats. Our pallet of food recipes for you:
Here Are Our Top 25 Bread Recipes For Kids:
1. Paneer Bread Rolls:
Think of bread roll recipe for kids, paneer (cottage cheese) bread rolls are the best way to get much needed protein- if you use whole wheat bread for this recipe, it’s even better! bread rolls recipe for kids
- Combine some finely knead paneer with boiled potatoes and soaked bread pieces so that it forms nice dough.
- Season with coriander leaves chili powder and salt and make them into small rolls.
- Now deep fry them until golden brown and serve with tomato ketchup.
2. Sweet French Toast:
Okay, here’s a sweet and easy bread recipe for kids that they will absolutely love.
- Dip slices of leftover bread in a mixture of milk, an egg, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder and some saffron (optional) and let it soak.
- Now heat some butter in a pan and fry the bread on both sides till golden brown.
[ Read: French Toast For Kids ]
3. Savory French Toast:
What is food without a little bit of twist? Your kid will gobble down this easy to make savory French toast in minutes, and will ask for more.
- Mix together half a cup of fresh yogurt with half a cup of rawa, some chopped onions, coriander leaves, red chili powder, salt and turmeric powder, and spread this concoction over bread.
- Fry it on both sides using butter till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or mayonnaise dip.
4. Corn Capsicum Sandwiches:
These sandwiches are ready in minutes and will work best for occasions when you’re in a hurry to get your kid’s lunch box ready, or even when you have some unexpected guests arriving. Another healthy and simple bread recipe for kids.
- Just place some chopped capsicum, boiled sweet corn and grated cheese between two bread slices.
- Sprinkle some salt and paprika powder and toast.
5. Bread Upma:
This one is a twisted, yet healthier version of the usual upma (famous South Indian breakfast).
- Cut 6-8 slices of bread into squares and in a frying pan., Heat some butter, and fry these bread pieces
- Add some boiled potatoes, chopped green chilies, chopped onions, tomatoes, asafetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chili powder and lemon juice.
- Serve it hot.
6. Cheese Chili Toast:
This cheesy, spicy toast is another favorite among kids.
- In a small bowl, mix together a cup of grated cheese and some chopped green chilies (de-seeded).
- You can also add some chopped veggies like onions and carrots to make it healthier.
- Now spread this mixture on bread slices and bake them for a minute or two till it gets toasty.
[ Read: Healthy Snack Recipes For Kids ]
7. Baked Bread Rolls:
These bread rolls are one of the best bread snacks for kids. These rolls pack in the nutrients of some great veggies, stimulating your kid’s taste buds, thereby keeping him away from indulging on packaged foods.
- Boil some diced carrots, capsicum, potatoes, peas and onions in a pressure cooker and mash them together.
- Now fry them with some butter, red chili powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, fennel powder and turmeric powder.
- Once cool, spread this mixture on a slice of bread, fold it in half, seal it on the sides using the pressure of fingertips, and bake for a couple of minutes or until brown.
8. Bread Dahi Chaat:
Skip the trips to the chaat-wala next door by whipping up a quick bread dahi chaat for your little one at home.
- Just soak some slices of bread in milk until they turn soft.
- Squeeze out the water, roll them into small balls.
- Garnish with green chutney, sweet date chutney, sev, raw onions, coriander leaves and curd.
- Top it with chaat masala.
9. Chinese-Style Frankie:
This recipe uses flatbread, and is packed with veggies in a spicy, Chinese-style sauce that’s just perfect for your kid’s lunch box.
- Make the Schewan sauce by mixing together roughly chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies with some red chili powder, soy sauce, vinegar and salt. Add it to a couple of tablespoons of heated oil.
- Simply mix together julienned vegetables like carrots, cabbage, onions, capsicum and some sweet corn with the spicy Schezwan sauce.
- Spread it over a flatbread, roll it up, and microwave for a couple of minutes.
10. Bread Pizza:
Who doesn’t love pizza- this unique recipe however, is a healthier take on the original Italian recipe.
- Just chop some green chilies (de-seeded), different coloured bell peppers, olives, onions and tomatoes
- Spread them over bread slices coated with some spicy ketchup.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of cheese; bake for a couple of minutes and you’re ready with a healthier version of a yummy pizza.
[ Read: Pizza Recipes For Kids ]
11. Bread Pakora:
A simple Indian evening snack that’s prepared at home is perfect when your kid is constantly reaching out for a pack of potato chips.
- Prepare a simple mixture of boiled potatoes, spices and fried onions.
- Spread it between couple of bread slices.
- Now dip this ‘sandwich’ into a mixture of gram flour, salt, turmeric powder and chili powder.
- Deep fry till the outer layer turns golden brown in color. Garnish it with coriander and serve it to your kid.
12. Cheese Cutlet:
These cutlets are easy to make, and are amazingly nutritious.
- Just mix together some boiled and mashed potatoes with chopped coriander, chopped onions, boiled chicken, grated cheese and some soaked slices of bread.
- Season with your choice of spice and roll them into balls and shallow fry. Serve hot.
13. Carrot and Cheese Fingers:
This yummy finger food is easy to make and is healthy too.
- Cut a simple bread slice into three long strips
- Spread a mixture of grated carrots, cheese, chili powder, salt and tomato ketchup over it.
- Toast till the cheese melts and the bread turns golden brown.
14. Cheese and Celery Sandwiches:
For the tea time there could be nothing better than these quick and easy cheese and celery sandwiches.
- Spread some cheese and mayonnaise on the slices of whole wheat bread
- Place slices of tomatoes, fresh lettuce leaves, finely chopped celery and some freshly ground black pepper.
[ Read: Easy Egg Recipes For Kids ]
15. Vegetable Sandwich:
Vegetable sandwich is an all-time favourite and considered on of the best simple bread recipes for kids.
- Prepare green chutney grinding coconut, green chilies, coriander and mint leaves with some lemon juice and salt.
- Spread the chutney over buttered bread.
- Place some sliced veggies like cucumber, tomatoes and boiled potatoes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala once you’re done.
16. Chicken Flatbread Wraps:
Your kid will absolutely love these chicken wraps.
- Shred some boiled chicken breasts along with some ginger-garlic paste, and mix them together with a spicy red chili sauce and some mayonnaise.
- Team them up with some crunchy veggies.
- Wrap this mixture in a flatbread and fry it shallow till golden brown.
17. Bread Fritters:
This yummy snack is perfect for utilizing pieces of leftover bread for a quick snack.
- Crumble couple of bread slices with the sides removed, and add some hung curd, thickly grated carrots, gram flour, green chilly paste and salt.
- Make sure that the mixture is not too runny or too thick.
- Now drop spoonful of this mixture like chunks into a pan and deep fry them till golden brown.
18. Jam Pinwheels:
These yummy jammy treats are ready in just 5 minutes.
- Remove the sides off some bread slices and spread a generous helping of butter and jam over them.
- Roll these slices like a Swiss roll.
- Now cut them into 1 inch pieces and serve.
[ Read: Sandwich Recipes For Kids ]
19. Baked Pav Bhaji:Quickly whip up the all-time favourite roadside snack into a healthy dish.
- In a pressure cooker, boil some tomatoes, potatoes and mixed vegetables and mash them together.
- Now fry some finely chopped onions, add the mashed potato mixture, pav bhaji masala, chopped coriander, chili powder and salt, and allow it to cook nicely.
- Spread this mixture on some toasted bread slices and serve hot.
20. Bean and Cheese Burgers:
This quick evening snack is a great way to use the leftover baked beans from yesterday’s dinner.
- Toast some bread slices, spread a lettuce leaf over the bun.
- Add a spoonful of baked beans, some cheese and paprika powder over the top and
- Microwave it for a couple of minutes.
21. Banana Tea Party Bread:
You Will Need:
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 ¾ cup – flour, whole wheat
- 1/3 cup packed – brown sugar
- ¼ cup – yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoon – baking powder
- ½ tsp – salt
- ½ tsp – cinnamon
- 4 tbsp – coconut oil
- 2 tsp – vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl mix the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Also, add mashed bananas or chunks of bananas.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the mixture into a pan.
- Sprinkle your favorite toppings on the top.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until a toothpick comes clean.
[ Read: Pasta Recipes For Kids ]
22. Peanut Butter – Banana Bread:
You Will Need:
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- For the glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix mashed banana, yogurt, eggs, peanut butter and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add granulated and brown sugar. Beat and blend.
- Weigh out the flour and combine with baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Beat and blend the flour mixture and banana mixture.
- Pour in the batter into a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Check if a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, combine the ingredients mentioned for the glaze in a small bowl. Stir, whisk and drizzle over bread.
- You can top the bread with caramel and nuts
23. Mozzarella Stuffed Soft Breadsticks:
You Will Need:
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Yeast
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang the sides.
- Mix the flour, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- In another pan, heat water, corn syrup, milk, and oil.
- Add flour to the mix and blend for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour until the dough forms a ball.
- Knead the dough ball for about 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll one part to a 15×10-inch rectangle to fit the baking pan.
- Stretch, the dough on the pan, to meet the edges.
- Leaving 1-inch of the border, sprinkle 3 cups of cheese.
- Now roll out rest of the dough to a larger rectangle than the first.
- Dump in the cheese. Fold the edges under the bottom layer of dough.
- Create 20 breadsticks by cutting through the dough using a sharp knife. Remember that you don’t separate the breadsticks.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- Whisk egg whites. Add oregano and garlic. Whisk again. Now spread this over the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining or extra cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Cut along seams into breadsticks and serve warm.
24. Zucchini Pineapple Quick Bread:
You Will Need:
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cans crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Baking spray
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Sprinkle and even out a spoon of flour in dry measuring cups.
- Combine flour, salt,
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar, zucchini, oil, egg substitute, and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Mix zucchini and flour mixture stirring just until moist.
- Dump in the pineapple.
- Take two 9×5 inch loaf pans coated with baking spray. Spoon out the batter into the pans.
- Bake for 1 hour at 325° F.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and serve.
25. Grilled Bread Pudding:
You Will Need:
- ½ loaf brioche bread
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1-pint raspberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Mix peaches, raspberries and brown sugar and set aside for a while.
- Slice the bread.
- Preheat the grill.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until light golden brown, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully to make sure they do not brown too much; set aside to cool.
- Heat half-and-half in saucepan. Add cream, salt, vanilla over medium heat while stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom or burns.
- Once the mixture reaches a fast simmer, turn off the heat. Make sure you do so before the mixture starts boiling.
- Keep it aside and let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- Now whisk eggs and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- When the cream mixture reaches a fast simmer (do not let it boil), turn off the heat. Set aside to infuse 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and granulated sugar together.
- Gradually introduce the hot cream mixture. Once you strain into a shallow bowl, remove the vanilla bean.
- Now soak the bread slices in the custard.
- Transfer the slices to the grill. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve warm or cold.
We hope our compiled list of yummy & easy bread recipes for kids will make you hear – I Love you Mummy. Do share your lovely experiences with us.
- Top 15 Healthy Recipes For Kids Meals
- 10 Delicious Finger Foods For Kids Party
- 15 Cute Lunch Boxes For Your Kids
Latest posts by Shahida (see all)
- Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Pregnancy? - June 30, 2017
- Top 10 Hanukkah Crafts And Activities For Kids - August 2, 2014
- 6 Best Precautions To Take During The First Trimester Of Pregnancy - July 14, 2014