People fall in love, and some might, unfortunately, be left heartbroken due to a breakup. In such times, breakup captions may help you heal from the trauma, loneliness, and sadness that you experience from separation from your partner. Breaking up with the one you loved leaves you devastated, and it takes a good amount of time for some people to recover from that pain. Thus, posting about your feelings on Instagram or any other social media platform can be empowering and help you affirm your shattered feelings. Read on for a list of breakup captions and pick the one which resonates with you.
If you’re looking for breakup Instagram captions to express your feelings of despair and get over the pain of separation, these captions can help.
- Often, it takes a heartache to wake us up and show us that we are worth far more than we settle for.
- A heartbreak is a blessing of God. It’s just a reminder that he saved you from the misery of being with the wrong one.
- Shining brighter than before. Collecting memories, not heartbreaks.
- Turning pain into power, tears into triumph.
- Erasing the past and writing a new story.
- Every decision I make will be the best for me.
- You can still create a colorful canvas with broken crayons.
- Sometimes, things fall apart to make room for better things to come together.
- I’m going through a breakup, and I just realized that I’m a boss without my ex.
- I’m navigating the waves of life, setting sail solo.
- The biggest distance between two persons is ‘misunderstanding.’
- Never plead with someone to love. Remember, the end of ‘we’ is the start of ‘me’.
- Breaking free from the past and embracing a brighter future.
- I choose to believe that I did not miss out on anything that was meant for me.
- Life will reward you with a new hello if you are brave enough to say goodbye.
- Nothing in the universe can prevent you from letting go of feeling dejected and beginning again.
- Reclaiming my heart. I just realized that a solo journey can be far more adventurous.
- I’m letting go of what no longer serves my soul.
- I may be a mess, but at least I’m better than a toxic relationship.
- Being strong enough to let go and being wise enough to wait for what I deserve.
- Once you show me I am an option, I will show you how many I have.
- I finally realized that I deserve a lot more than your half-hearted love.
- Don’t think my kindness is my weakness.
- If you dare to accept a goodbye, life will be welcomed with a new hello.
Breakup pushes a person into a myriad of emotions. Heal yourself and move on with these captions.
- Forgiveness is my gift to you. Moving on is a gift I’m giving my desolate self.
- I do not want to waste my time in mending what you broke.
- Your love does not define me; it has rather redefined me.
- Don’t hate me because I’m happier without you.
- I used to hope you’d bring me roses. I now grow my own.
- I never make the same error twice. I go over it four or five times.
- You have made me realize that a loving relationship is not for everyone.
- Sad that our ship sank, but thankful that it happened.
- From strangers to friends, friends to lovers, and again to strangers.
- It’s over. Glowing brighter than the wrinkles of the past.
- Sometimes, God breaks our hearts to save our souls.
- Treat me as a game, and I’ll show you how to play it.
- Here’s to moving on and finding happiness for myself.
- I thought we were made for each other, but only temporarily.
- My love wasn’t meant for you. I’m no longer afraid to chase my dreams.
- It was fine, but now I’m more than fine without you.
- Yes, I’m happy, but you’re not the reason.
- Hey mister, don’t feel sad because I’m choosing myself this time.
- It’s fine that our relationship is over because there were more tears than smiles.
- Although I lost a piece of my heart, I’m happy that I’m still growing.
- You are no longer a part of my photo frames.
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
- “The course of true love did never run smooth.”— William Shakespeare
These sad Instagram captions will undoubtedly help you cope with your emotional distress and pain when you have a broken and betrayed heart.
- People say follow your heart…but which way do you go when your forlorn heart breaks into two?
- The worst is a broken and rejected heart. Nobody can see it, but the pain is excruciating every time you take a breath.
- In the gallery of memories, our love is a fading masterpiece.
- There’s nothing stronger than a human heart that shatters into pieces and still learns to live.
- The stars in my night sky dimmed when you walked away from my life.
- Technically, I am single, but my heart is filled with anguish as it has been taken by someone I cannot call my own anymore.
- I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me. But I know I wouldn’t do it if I had the chance.
- What is more powerful than the human heart, which breaks and lives again and again?
- Breaking up with you feels like I have lost a piece of myself.
- Letting go is indeed painful, but sometimes, that’s the only option to find peace.
- Breaking up with you doesn’t mean I don’t love you anymore; it’s just loving myself more.
- It was harder than I expected. Breakups are never easy in the end.
- When you dream with a broken heart, waking up is the hardest part.
- I’m only taking bittersweet memories with me. So, farewell.
- You were mine forever until you became my never.
- I wish I could go back in time and fix my broken heart.
- Sometimes, the most painful thing to do is to bid goodbye to the person whom you thought to be the dearest.
- It’s hard to sleep when your heart and mind are at odds.
- Who knew how bittersweet a breakup would taste?
- Saying goodbye is a thousand cuts to the crying heart.
- I hope he knows how much I miss him.
- I miss you more than words can express, but I know I had to let you go.
- “It hurts because it mattered.” — John Green
- I’m looking for a part of myself that you didn’t touch.
- Tears are the only thing I’ve had for brunch.
- The tears do not dry by themselves.
- “This is what it felt like to have a broken heart. It felt less like a cracking down the middle and more like she had swallowed it whole, and it sat bruised and bleeding in the pit of her stomach.” — Wendy Wunder
Humor is the best medicine to take things light and deal with breakups. These funny Instagram breakup captions lighten the mood by making harmless jokes about your ex post the breakup.
- Is that my ex you’re dating? I just finished eating a pizza … would you like to have the leftovers too?
- Algebra and relationships have a lot in common. Ever wondered about Y when you looked at your X?
- Getting back into dating again with confidence and courage: My ex need not apply.
- I’m done with great love, and I’m back to great lovers.
- You used to be my cup of tea, but I no longer like tea.
- My status – I’m in a committed relationship with pizza.
- Yes, I’m happy, but thank God you are not the reason for it.
- When you love someone, set them free. When they come back, light them up at the stake.
- I could completely fall in love with you, but I am thinking about becoming a priest.
- As my plastic surgeon always says, go with a smile if you have to go.
- It’ll save me a lot of money, not having to buy a four-course meal.
- Honestly, shoes last longer than people. They are more dependable.
- I’ve upgraded from ‘taken for granted’ to ‘single and happy.’
- My ex is proof of how stupid I was.
- Do you know my phone battery lasts longer than your love?
- Give me a laugh, and I’ll leave you with a smile on my face.
- It’s funny, but all of a sudden, I feel ready to date again.
- I am back on the dating market.
- Single, ready to get nervy around anyone I find attractive
- Eventually, you will be ok. You will recover
- So, since I won, maybe you can get the red wine for dinner.
- When one door closes, another opens.
- Thank you, God. For a good reason, he removed one person from my life.
- You dropped a diamond. Good luck with your rock collecting.
- Today, I feel as if I’ve just awoken from months of slumber.
- I can breathe for the first time since you are gone.
- Now you’re just someone I used to know.
- I’m back to my first day alone and happier than ‘we’ were together.
- I just broke up, and my pet thinks I’m available 24/7. At least someone’s happy.
- I’m committed to my bed, which never lets me down.
- Life is too short to settle with someone who doesn’t appreciate your memes.
- I exhale the past and inhale the future. I suppose I should thank you.
- I love my piñata colada more than my ex.
- The Bible says: Love thy enemy.
- I believe the lovebirds prefer to be alone.
The best form of retaliation after a breakup is to show your ex that you are doing well even without them. So, enjoy your freedom using one of these savage breakup captions.
- Never come running back to me again when other people start treating you the same way you treated me.
- Love yourself first before you want anyone to love you. You’ve got to put yourself first before you can expect anyone else to.
- I’ve been stabbed from behind. Suppose you could take this knife out of my back before you leave. You’ll probably need it again.
- The more people I meet, the more I fall in love with dogs.
- No room for shadows in my sunny life.
- I want to ask my ex whether he fell from heaven like Satan.
- My parents taught me to always give second-hand toys to those less fortunate, so I never get jealous when I see my ex with someone else.
- Some people enter our lives and leave their imprints on our hearts. Others enter our lives and make us want to leave our five fingers on their faces.
- The only time I think of you is on Saturday morning. It’s the day when I take out the garbage.
- I’m just happy thinking my ex will soon become somebody else’s problem.
- “I’ve been movin’ on since we said goodbye.” — Dua Lipa
- Do not take me for granted. I’m the rare combination of sunshine mixed with a hurricane.
- We broke up for religious reasons. He believed he was God, but I did not.
- I’m so upset without you that it’s almost like you’re here.
- Since the day we met, I’ve wanted to say goodbye.
- To be honest, dear, I couldn’t care less.
- Sorry, dear ex. You were just a temporary rest stop in my journey to awesomeness.
- Don’t think that I have lost you. I have let you go from my life.
- All ex-files are closed, and new files are on their way to be opened.
- It’s okay if you don’t like me. All people can’t afford to have good taste.
- When your ex gives you lemons, squeeze them into their eyes.
- Not everyone likes me, but not everyone is important to me.
- Believe me, I’m better than I’ve ever been and much better than you’ve ever been.
- I glisten even when the sun isn’t sparkling.
- I cried when you left me, but I laughed when I found out why.
- You can keep our memories, but I will keep the lessons learned.
- I’m done with sacrificing my happiness for the sake of someone who never gave a damn about me.
- It’s not that I hate you, but I’m not bothered about your existence.
- If smiling is the only requirement, I would prefer turning my back.
- You were once my cup of tea, but now I don’t drink tea.
- I’ve realized my value does not decrease based on a certain someone’s inability to see it.
- Let’s just say that without my ex, I have one less problem.
- Perhaps you should eat some makeup so that you can look good on the inside as well as outside.
- The garbage will be collected tomorrow. So, prepare yourself.
- “Thanks for the memories, even though they weren’t so great.” — Fall Out Boy
- If you can’t handle me, you don’t deserve me.
- You left me, but my self-worth stayed with me.
- No more settling with someone less deserving.
- I sincerely pray to all powers that be that you step on a Lego.
- I don’t need a knight for my battle of life; I’m my own hero.
- “I’ve learned from the pain, I turned out amazing.” — Ariana Grande
- Having a broken heart is a good omen. It means I attempted something.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do people break up?
Falling out of love, infidelity, impractical expectations, controlling behavior, trust issues, lack of communication, and financial problems are some reasons people break up.
2. Can breakups be good?
If a relationship is toxic and painful, it may be wise to break up. It also gives you an opportunity to step back and look at the bigger picture, assess the reasons, and understand the value of a relationship.
3. Do breakups make you stronger?
If you can pull yourself out of the agonies of a breakup, you may become stronger and more confident. It may improve your understanding of yourself and your relationships. However, a breakup may adversely affect your mental health and weaken you if you give in to your sorrows.
Breaking up with your significant other can be a challenging and mournful process to go through. These breakup captions we have put together may help you express your pain better. Though you may be wallowing and hopeless in grief, it would help to remember that a breakup does not mark the end of all good things in your life. In fact, life still has several opportunities to offer that you can look forward to. Hence, take the time you need to heal your lost and abandoned heart but refrain from thinking about getting them back since that may only hurt you more.
Different people respond to breakups in different ways. Some may bury themselves in grief, while others are inventive and outspoken about it. Take a look at the infographic below if you have dealt with a breakup, decided to move on, and need some witty captions to post about it on social media.
Struggling with what to say after a breakup? Get inspired with the caption ideas for Instagram and Facebook from this video. Let your words reflect your heartache and healing journey.