Cancer, a water sign, is often as easy-going and gentle as you would expect. Being an emotional sun sign, they are family-oriented, seeking the comfort of home over many other things in life. On the other hand, the impulsive Sagittarius is a fire sign. They love adventure and make decisions in split seconds. They are thrill-seekers who do not like being tied down to anything.
With several differences between them, can Sagittarius and Cancer make a good pair? Or do their differences keep their relationship exciting and interesting? Read on to find out about Sagittarius and Cancer compatibility and more about this couple.
Are Sagittarius And Cancer Compatible?
The Sagittarius’ love for independence and preference for a free-spirited lifestyle may be in sharp contrast with Cancer’s love for domestic bliss. However, if trust is established between them, the Sagittarian’s boldness and experimentation can prompt the Cancer to loosen up and explore their limits.
The Cancer loves the Sagittarian’s openness, which gives them security in a relationship. However, the two are quite different in terms of perceiving things or approach towards life, so there may be a mismatch between them in several areas.
While the fire sign Sagittarius and water sign Cancer may not seem to have much in common at all, sometimes the most contrasting personalities do work well together, provided they put in their share of effort to make things work.
Reasons A Cancer And Sagittarius Compatibility Might Work
While the Sagittarius and Cancer match may not be the ideal one, they do have aspects in their favor.
- Both are understanding and strive hard to try and stand up to their partner’s expectations. This establishes good communication and openness between the couple. They also have similar belief systems that further strengthen their compatibility.
- The two sun signs often build deep respect for the way each other deals with life. If Cancer’s dedication is attractive to the Sagittarian, the latter’s emotional depth appeals to Cancer.
- Cancer loves being with people who are open about their feelings, and this is exactly how Sagittarius is. The Sagittarius may help the Cancer open up more and feel free to share their feelings. And so, they enjoy greater emotional security in the relationship.
Problems A Cancer And Sagittarius Compatibility Might Face
All may not go well with this relationship due to several ways they are at loggerheads with each other.
- Sagittarius tends to be flirty, and their urge to show their seductive side can disenchant Cancer quickly when the former exhibits this habit with outsiders. The Sagittarius needs to win everyone’s love, and the Cancer finds this unnecessary.
- Cancer is a more practical, realistic sun sign, while Sagittarius can be philosophical. This can create a gap between them that is hard to bridge if they do not have other things in common.
- Fire signs like Sagittarius quickly get bored in a relationship and need excitement from time to time to keep the interest alive. The staid Cancer can be put out to keep the relationship spicy and engaging at all times.
Love Match Between ACancer Man And A Sagittarius Woman
The Sagittarius and match can make for interesting times. By nature, the male crab is cautious and does not trust people easily. The Cancer man slowly tries to understand people and when he does, he is loyal and strives to never disappoint his partner. He can make a great listener, which is good for the emotional and more vulnerable Sagittarius woman.
On the other hand, the Sagittarius woman can be described as a social butterfly. She is easy to warm, which is great for the reticent Cancer man. She is outgoing and speaks up when she feels something deeply. This works well for this relationship where the Cancer man may hesitate to initiate anything, leaving it to his partner. Her vivacity and spirit of adventure are a revelation to the more reserved Cancer man in the bedroom and may serve to excite him and keep him head over heels for her.
Trouble in paradise may pop up when the Cancer man’s love for consistency clashes with Sagittarius woman’s spontaneity and drive to find new things and explore new paths. As he is sensitive, the Sagittarius woman’s penchant for speaking her mind outright may create friction too.
Love Match Between A Sagittarius Man And A Cancer Woman
The Cancer-Sagittarius relationship may work because of the affection that both share and their willingness to make the other feel loved. However, the Cancer woman and Sagittarius man have different ways of exhibiting love that can put them on different pages. However, great understanding between them, trust, and good communication can smooth over these roadblocks. These are also two individuals with different opinions, which can cause friction. But both being people who value relationships, they may work things out and sail over rough patches.
The Sagittarius man can be volatile when he loses his temper, and the Cancer woman may not compromise every time. While he has to understand and correct accordingly, she can give him the space he needs from time to time.
Cancer And Sagittarius Sexual Compatibility
Sexual compatibility may not be the strong link in the Cancer-Sagittarius relationship. Cancer thrives when they get emotional security, and they need to feel that their partner is stable and committed. Conversely, the Sagittarius’ flighty nature and ever-changing moods in the bedroom may feel unsettling to the Cancer.
However, the same may turn into a positive that spices up the sex life if there is already a deeply established trust between them. Cancer’s ability to make the partner feel cherished strengthens the intimacy, while Sagittarius’ creative spirit draws the Cancer out and makes them bolder and more adventurous in bed. If the Cancer can loosen up a bit and forgo some of their rigid notions about sex and if the Sagittarius understands the Cancer’s need for the sensual touch and slow build-up to the physical intimacy, their sex life can be satisfying.
The Sagittarius Cancer relationship may not be the easiest one to succeed. The two have some significant differences that can make their relationship rocky. However, if the two start as friends, build a good understanding, and develop trust, they lay a strong foundation. It will take efforts to move beyond the differences, but the same natures can also add a spark to their companionship and make life fun and exciting for them.