If you are a Libra-Cancer couple, you have probably received surprised reactions from those around you. Several people, friends and family included, have probably told you how your relationship would never work out because Cancer and Libra are just too different. They are partially right. If there is one zodiac sign that is quite different from Cancer in terms of values and mindsets, it would be Libra, and vice versa. For example, a Cancerian is usually reticent and solitude-loving, while the Libran loves being around people and expressing themselves.
Cancerians are generally extremely direct and straightforward, and they expect the same behavior from others. On the contrary, Librans are more likely to avoid sensitive topics and brush things under the carpet.
However, the differences do not mean your relationship is doomed from the beginning. In fact, it is these very differences that may make your partnership successful.
Read on as we tell you if Cancer and Libra are compatible in love and friendship and how either approaches life. To start with, let’s answer the most crucial question, “Are Cancer And Libra Compatible?”
Are Cancer And Libra Compatible?
Most people would answer this with a “No.” However, it is the very opposing nature of Libra and Cancer that may work in the couple’s favor, provided the two partners involved approach their relationship with maturity and a deep yearning to make it a success. It is crucial for both partners to understand where the other is coming from because they have dramatically different views on some matters that are critical to the relationship.
Lack of communication, poor sociability, and dishonesty could cause problems for a Cancer–Libra couple. That said, there are ways to circumvent these, provided both partners show patience and make a dedicated effort to make sure they express their love and care for each other.
How Do Cancer And Libra Balance Each Other Out?
Let’s move on to the good news. The reason why you see many happy Cancer–Libra couples around you is that they have learned to play to their strengths. The differences between these two sun signs can be leveraged to make the relationship work. Here are a few ways in which they balance each other out:
- Indecisive vs. confident: Librans can be quite indecisive. They fear speaking their minds for fear of hurting their partner. However, the Cancer partner usually takes a clear stance without hesitation and speaks out, thus prompting the hesitant Libran to open up too. The Cancerian may be a good influence on the Libran, making them feel more comfortable and confident about expressing themselves.
- Toning down the emotional partner: The Cancerian is not great at dealing with intense emotions. They tend to take drastic decisions driven purely by their emotions. The Libran, while being an emotional person, is calmer and less prone to taking dramatic decisions fueled by emotions. The Libran beautifully tames the Cancerian and ensures the decision-making is more fact-based than emotion-driven.
- Diplomacy to the rescue: Librans are generally charming and tactful. Complement these traits with their social skills and ability to gel with a stranger in just a few minutes, and you have the perfect foil to the more taciturn Cancerians.
- Grounding the relationship: Libra tends to jump on to new things at a dizzying speed. Cancer is more grounded, valuing tradition and convention. This is why Cancer grounds the relationship, gives it a solid foundation, and ensures Libra’s enthusiasm for going on new adventures is satisfied without hurting the relationship itself.
Pros Of A Cancer–Libra Relationship
A Cancer–Libra relationship can be an exciting one thanks to the contrasting personality traits of both partners.
- Love: When it comes to love, both Cancer and Libra have similar views and approaches. They both cherish romance and love to invest significant time and effort into each other. They love the idea of being in love and desire close bonding. These similar notions about love and relationships often help create a satisfying relationship.
- Exitement factor: The Cancer is enamored by the Libra’s adventurous spirit. The Libra’s enthusiasm and fun-loving nature add spice to the relationship, which could, however, become slightly dull if the Cancer has their way all the time.
- Confidence: The Libra loves that their Cancerian partner can calmly tackle the tough times and confidently make decisions even under stress.
- Devotion: Both Cancer and Libra zodiac signs are highly committed to their romantic partners. They put in effort in pleasing their partners and genuinely care for them. You will find either partner going to great lengths to ensure the other is happy and content and often doing things with the specific goal of sustaining the relationship. This lays the foundation for a mature, giving relationship where both make compromises
- Stability: The Libra–Cancer pair shares a common preference for stability in the relationship. Both strive towards balance in domestic life and actively work towards ensuring a peaceful atmosphere at home.
Cons Of A Cancer–Libra Relationship
Unless handled with maturity and patience, the Cancer–Libra relationship could become rocky. Here are the cons of this pairing.
- Heart vs. head: Cancers are ruled by their heart and expect their emotional needs to be met by their partner. However, Libras think with their head and need calm. They steer clear of drama and may feel that the Cancer partner is emotionally needy.
- Love for status quo: In contrast to their love for adventure, Libras are lovers of the status quo and may find it quite difficult to absorb the Cancer’s need for an outlet when a major shift occurs.
- Grudge holders: If Libras feel Cancers are clingy and needy, Cancers often think Libras are unfeeling and cold-hearted. Unless they understand how different their partner’s persona is, they could harbor grudges for an unnecessarily long time
- Party animal vs. solitude lover: While the Cancerian does have the ability to mingle well when the occasion demands, they prefer not to socialize too much, which is in direct contrast with their Libra partner. This difference can widen when the Libra feels the need to involve family members and friends in decisions that the Cancer feels they should take privately.
- Need for approval: The Libra partner tends to seek appreciation and approval constantly — not just from the partner but also others. This could prompt the Cancer partner to wonder if they are not doing enough. It could be an ongoing challenge through the various stages of theie relationship.
Love Match Between A Libra Man And A Cancer Woman
The Libra man is warm, affectionate, and gentle. A magnetic personality, he is quite the romantic at heart too. The Cancer woman is empathetic and caring, and her sensitive nature helps her appreciate the affection and warmth shown by her partner. If the Libra man believes that ‘she’ is the one, he makes sure he commits for life.
Libra men tend to be appreciative of their partner and make no hesitation in showing it. Cancer women may not be as expressive to the outside world, but they demonstrate their trust and love for their partner in the care they shower upon them.
The Cancer woman’s pessimism may often clash against the Libra man’s eternal optimism, creating conflicts within the relationship. However, if handled correctly, they can complement each other here, with the Cancer woman adding a touch of realism to life, and the Libra man ensuring they do not get caught up with worst-case scenarios.
The Cancer woman is the shy partner, and it is usually the Libra man who professes love and initiates the relationship.
Love Match Between A Libra Woman And A Cancer Man
The Cancer man may be a moody person, but he is also deeply intuitive. While he seems to be fairly emotionless on the surface, he is an affectionate, protective man when it comes to his partner. The Libra woman, who is tender at heart and empathetic, is generally much loved by him for her dramatically opposite nature.
The Libra woman takes life as a long, joyous journey, full of adventure and excitement, and this is often in contrast with the Cancer man’s conservative approach to life. These differences can bring up conflict if they do not communicate effectively.
The Cancer man’s craving for a nurturing presence in his life can be fulfilled with ease by the Libra woman. But that is not all that she brings to his life. Librans are usually creative too and tend to take more risks than Cancerians. This complements the Cancer man perfectly. The Libra woman finds the Cancer man’s protective nature and confidence very attractive. He gives her a sense of security.
Sexual Compatibility Between Libra And Cancer
Cancer’s nurturing spirit is a huge positive in making the love life of the couple successful. The Libra feels cared for, which is a good foundation for a long, happy sex life. Since both are keen on building a peaceful family life, compromising so that the other finds happiness comes easy to either. This is another reason why the sex life of the Cancer–Libra pair may not experience many roadblocks.
That said, the air sign, that is, Libra, lacks emotional sensitivity, and this could be a red flag. If the Libran fails to read the Cancerian partner’s signals, their sexual compatibility could take a nosedive. Another potential problem area concerning their sex life is the Cancer’s love for convention. The Libra’s penchant for new things and changes dominates their persona. The Cancer may be staid and grounded, while the Libra looks for fire and passion. This dramatic difference in their views is one of the biggest challenges that the couple faces regarding sexual compatibility.
All in all, a Libra–Cancer relationship can work provided there is enough patience and understanding. If the relationship seems to be in trouble, both partners will likely take proactive steps to figure out the issues and fix them. It is best their relationship is built on friendship, as this allows them to understand each other’s perspectives and views. Their mutual love for a deeply committed and caring familial relationship can create and nurture a powerful, lifelong bond.