Are you a lactating mother? Do you love the flavor of herbal tea? Are you willing to drink chamomile tea during your breastfeeding phase? If yes, consider reading the following post and know more about the health effects of chamomile tea while breastfeeding.
Motherhood is the delicate phase when you become more conscious of adopting healthier foods and lifestyle. The best food alternatives like herbal teas and green vegetables can have amazing effects on both you and your feeding baby.
What Is Chamomile Tea?
The leaves and flowers of Chamomile are edible and are typically blended to make herbal tea. Soak the flower or leaves in hot water, to obtain flavorful Chamomile Tea. From ancient times, chamomile tea is known for its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. Chamomile tea and a slice of lemon can relieve stress. Chamomile tea has effective antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (1).
[ Read: Herbal Teas While Breastfeeding ]
Is Chamomile Tea Safe While Breastfeeding?
During breastfeeding, chamomile tea is a safe herb for both you and your baby. Chamomile tea is popular for its soothing effects and brings relief from stomach cramp or severe headache. If you are suffering from excessive stress or restlessness, the herbal tea can keep you calm and relaxed.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Chamomile Tea While Breastfeeding:
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of Chamomile Tea for breastfeeding mothers:
1. Treats Insomnia Or Sleep Disorders:
Drinking chamomile tea during the breastfeeding phase calms the nervous system and helps you sleep better. From centuries, the sedative herbal tea helps treat problems of insomnia. During breastfeeding, if you are not able to attain your complete sleep and suffer from restlessness, a hot cup of chamomile tea at bedtime can be the perfect option.
2. Controls Anxiety And Panic Issues:
Chamomile tea is an effective herbal tea to relieve you from anxiety attacks. The popular herb is a stress reliever and nerve relaxant to reduce symptoms of anxiety or depression. If you are feeling excessively anxious or stressed out, drinking chamomile tea can add an essence of relaxation.
[ Read: Effects Of Caffeine While BreastFeeding ]
3. Home Remedy For Stomach Cramps:
The soothing and aromatic chamomile tea helps relieve stomach cramps, nausea or bloating. If you are suffering from a sluggish digestion, it can relax your digestive muscles and enhance the process of digestion. According to medical studies, Chamomile is also effective for treating diarrhea.
4. Boosts The Immune System:
Another important reason to drink chamomile tea is its ability to boost your immune system. According to scientific studies, the effective herb enhances the immune system and protects your body from numerous health diseases like cold, flu and viral infections.
[ Read: Is Green Tea Safe While Breastfeeding ]
5. Enhance Heart Health:
The presence of certain compounds in Chamomile tea makes it an effective blood thinning agent. Regular intake of chamomile tea improves blood circulation and encourages healthy blood vessels. All such factors lead to benefit your heart health and stay protected against cardiovascular diseases.
6. Prevents Type 2 Diabetes:
Chamomile tea can substantially bring down the blood glucose levels. It prevents the risk of Type 2 Diabetes and prevents other health disorders such as vision loss or kidney damage.
7. Anti-Inflammatory Benefits:
A cup of chamomile tea can help relieve you from muscle pain or swell caused out of rheumatoid arthritis. The herbal tea also relieves you from hay fever. It also eases inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and also manage several other chronic inflammatory conditions (2).
With appropriate medical guidance, you can consume a moderate quantity of chamomile tea during your breastfeeding phase. As Chamomile has a sedative effect, excessive consumption can induce symptoms of drowsiness. Avoid Chamomile tea, if you are already consuming any blood thinning or anticoagulant medications.
Did you consume Chamomile tea while nursing? What were the visible positive impacts?
Do share your experiences about drinking Chamomile tea during breastfeeding with other mommies here!
- 9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon Water During Breastfeeding
- Is It Safe To Drink Apple Juice While Breastfeeding?
- Is It Safe To Drink Coconut Water While Breastfeeding?
- 5 Health Benefits Of Probiotics During Breastfeeding
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017
- Diet Plans For Overweight Pregnant Women - Everything You Need To Know - June 30, 2017
- 12 Common Complications Associated With Twin Pregnancy - June 30, 2017
- Hepatitis During Pregnancy: Types, Causes, And Treatment - May 11, 2017
- You Have Different Breastmilk For Your Daughter And Son - June 6, 2016
- How To Be A Good Husband - A Definite Guide - May 30, 2016
- 10 Delicious Non-Alcoholic Cocktails Recipes For Kids - May 27, 2016
- 8 Spectacular Nail Art Designs For Teens - May 24, 2016