Is the sudden outburst of acne making you self conscious during pregnancy? Do you find yourself reaching for that tube of Clearasil, only to put it back in the cabinet? Are you unsure about its safety during pregnancy? Well, don’t be! Read our post her and learn about the do’s and don’ts of using Clearasil during pregnancy.
Causes Of Acne During Pregnancy:
Acne is a common symptom of pregnancy, and around 50% pregnant women, suffer from acne during pregnancy. The glut of hormonal changes is one of the main reasons for the acne. If you are prone to acne during your menstrual cycle, your chances of developing acne during pregnancy increase. Managing acne is not easy, and many over the counter medicines can lead to nasty complications and birth defects. You need to avoid any medications that could potentially harm your unborn baby, even if the chances are remote.
[ Read: Common Skin Problems During Pregnancy ]
Clearasil lists many active ingredients in its composition, like Benzoyl Peroxide, Sulfur, Resorcinol, and Triclosan. Clearasil also has a wide range of products for treating rapid and slow acne. Clearasil was invented to eliminate pimples. The opinions on using Clearasil while pregnant are mixed and vary for each woman.
The contents of Clearasil help wipe out organisms and reduce the manufacturing of oil gland. It is always better to consult the doctor before starting to use any product while you are pregnant.
Is Clearasil Safe During Pregnancy?
All Clearasil Products do not have the same active ingredients, and thus it is advisable to check the contents before you use it during the pregnancy. Avoid using the cleaning pads, and overnight products. If you have been taking acne medication, you should consult the doctor before you plan your pregnancy and during the early pregnancy.
Since, there is little research on pregnant women who use Clearasil, only women who have tried it during the pregnancy can say for certain. According to many online forums, pregnant women don’t experience any problems while using it. If you doctor agrees and if the outburst is too severe, you can safely use Clearasil.
FAQs- Acne During Pregnancy:
For your benefit, we list some questions and myths about acne during pregnancy:
- Does Stress Cause Acne?
It does! Incredible isn’t it? Stress can compound many health conditions, and it can also affect your acne, as it affects your hormones.
- Does Oily Food Lead To Acne?
No, it doesn’t. This one’s a rumor! There is no evidence yet of food affecting the onset of acne.
How To Deal With Acne During Pregnancy?
Dealing with acne during pregnancy has been in practice for centuries now. Except that now, we have OTCs, like Clearasil. Any medication that you use topically, or you swallow can affect your baby. Thus, it is important to consult the doctor before you plan to take these medicines.
[ Read: Skin Care During Pregnancy ]
Tips For Acne During Pregnancy:
If you remain unconvinced about using Clearasil during pregnancy for acne, we recommend some tips that you can follow.
- Wash the acne prone areas, use a mild cleanser and lukewarm water both in the morning and in the night.
- If you have oily hair, it is recommended with wash your hair every day or every other day.
- Do not touch the acne, do not try to prick or squeeze the pores.
- It is important to use oil free products while you are suffering from a bout of acne.
If you have any further information on acne and use of Clearasil safe during pregnancy, please do write to us. Tell us about any specific Clearasil product that helped you clear the acne. Happy Parenting!
- Iron Supplements During Pregnancy – Are There Any Side Effects?
- Is It Safe To Have Diet Soda During Pregnancy?
- 5 Side Effects Of Activated Charcoal During Pregnancy
- Is Anesthesia Safe During Pregnancy?
Latest posts by Payal Morjaria (see all)
- Norovirus Infections And Pregnancy - Everything You Should Be Aware Of - November 17, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Body Odor During Pregnancy? - November 16, 2015
- Marfan Syndrome In Babies - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments - November 4, 2015