Christian missionaries have contributed immensely to the development of the country. They established several schools, including many educational institutions and Christian schools in Delhi. Christian and convent schools were started during the British times with the intention of providing quality education to the masses.
There was a time when ‘convent’ education was the most ‘coveted’ form of education. But now, many parents are opting for it, especially in Delhi. So MomJunction has rounded up the ten best convent schools in Delhi, that you can consider for your little bundle of joy. Have a look at them below!
1. St. Francis De Sales School:
- St. Francis De Sales School, established by Father Thomas Thoomkuzhy in 1978, started in a humble way with just 117 students, but has now developed into an important educational institution in Delhi. This private school, affiliated to CBSE board, provides classes from first to 12th standard and is the best convent school in Delhi.
- In the year 1982, the school also laid the foundation of Hindi medium with the aim of providing formal education to the underprivileged section of the society.
- The school works not only on the cultural, intellectual and physical development of children, but also on the formation of character by inculcating moral principles.
A-4C, SS Mota Singh Marg,
Janakpuri, New Delhi, 110058
Contact Number: 011 2555 1113
2. Loreto Convent School:
- Founded in 1964, Loreto Convent School is an all-girl Christian school managed by the Loreto Educational Society. The school is primarily for the Catholics and children of the defense personnel, but civilians are also taken in.
- The school is affiliated with CBSE curriculum and offers classes from nursery to 12th standard.
- This christian school in Delhi also provides education to the economically weak children in the nearby areas after the school hours.
Parade Road, Delhi Cantonment
New Delhi- 110010
Contact Number: 011-25692299
3. Convent Of Jesus And Mary:
- The Convent of Jesus and Mary provides provision for 10+2 education along with academic facilities from Kindergarten to 12th standard. The primary aim of the teaching faculty is to develop the pupils spiritually and intellectually.
- Games, sports and physical training are compulsory activities of the school. The students are trained in karate, yoga and gymnastics. Besides, the school also provides coaching for sports like volleyball, throw ball, basketball and badminton.
- There are many educational clubs as well, like Community Service Club, Peace Cub, and English Literary Society and so on.
1 Bangla Sahib Marg
New Delhi-110 001
Contact Number: 011-23366762, 23747061
4. St. Columba’s School:
- St. Columba’s, a highly acclaimed Christian Brothers Institution, is renowned for its long list of distinguished alumni and its location in the heart of Lutyen’s Delhi.
- Just like St. Francis De Sales School, even this prestigious school, started modestly with just 32 students, now has over 3400 students with hundreds of names on the waiting list for admission.
- St. Columba’s School is one of the few schools with an exclusive debating society. It also conducts the Columban Open Quiz every year in which around 250 teams participate.
Gole Market, Ashok Place
Sector 4, Gole Market,
New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Contact Number: 011-23363462, 23363134.
5. Mount Carmel School:
- Mount Carmel School is one of the premier educational institutions in the Delhi. It was established in 1997 in a simple way, but with the support of its faculty and students, the school grew to its present form.
- The school has highly qualified and dedicated faculties who are always open to constructive criticisms, complaints and suggestions.
- The school lays extreme importance in extracurricular activities for the overall development of the students. The school also gives the opportunity to travel and explore by taking for excursions, tours and camping in national parks.
Senior School: A-21, Anand Niketan, New Delhi 110021 India
Contact Number: 91-11-49340000
Junior School: D Block, Anand Niketan, New Delhi 110021 India
Contact Number: 91-11-24113369
6. Mater Dei School:
- Mater Dei is a Christian Minority School for girls, established in 1956. It was founded by the Sisters, Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. The school is affiliated to CBSE and offers classes from I to XII.
- The school is built on 1.7 acres having infrastructural facilities like science laboratories, computer labs, library and tennis and basketball courts. It also has music, dance and art rooms.
- It offers transport facility and has a medical and health check-up room for the students.
Mater Dei School, Tilak lane,
New Delhi -110001
Contact Number: 011-23387679, 23383843
7. Lancer’s Convent Sr. Sec. School:
- Lancer’s Convent Sr. Secondary School is one of the most reputed schools of Delhi. It offers admission from Class 1 to 12.
- The faculty of the school prepares the students for entry to college and universities and trains them for various competitive exams.
- The evaluation system of the school is based on child observation. The faculty does not judge by observing. Instead, they try to get clarity on how they can help kids find a solution.
New Delhi 110085
Contact Number: 011 27562815
8. St. Mary. Convent School:
- Started in 1966, St. Mary’s has been providing quality education to pupils since 52 years.
- The school has well-established infrastructures and provides all kinds of facilities that you would expect from a good convent school.
- Besides, the school has received number international and domestic awards like the No.1 School with a Heart in India by the Times of India and International School Award from the British Council.
St. Mary’s School
Madam Sara Mathew Lane,
B-2 Block Safdarjung Enclave,
Contact Number: 011-26171440, 26103926
9. Holy Child Senior Secondary School:
- Holy Child Senior Secondary School is a Christian school affiliated to CBSE.
- The medium of instruction is English, but Hindi and Sanskrit languages are also offered as the second and third language respectively.
- The school premises are spread over a large area with spacious playground, lush green surrounding and spectacular gardens. The laboratories are roomy and well equipped with the latest apparatus.
Main Road, Tagore Garden, Delhi – 110027
Contact Number: +9111-25457879
10. The Frank Anthony Public School:
- The Frank Anthony Public School is an esteemed co-education school owned and managed by All-India Anglo-Indian Education Institution. The school was established by late Frank Anthony in liaison with Cambridge Syndicate. It gets the pupils on the rolls from nursery to class 12.
- The school has two laboratories equipped with the state-of-art software and hardware.
- The library has a range of reference books like encyclopedias to help students for projects and other activities. Indian and International periodicals and books are also available to keep the students up-to-date with the current affairs.
New Delhi 110024
Contact Number: 011 26435996
These missionary or Christian schools in Delhi are the capital city’s best schools. Some of these schools are pretty old and have been an integral part of the Indian education system. Go through each school’s specific details to get an idea about them. We have shared the contact detail of each school for your convenience. Remember, school plays an essential role in transforming a child into a responsible citizen. So, select a school whose vision, ideologies, and environment feels best suitable for your child.
Disclaimer: “The list of schools has been taken from various surveys done by third-party print and online publications. MomJunction was not involved in the surveys nor it has any business partnerships with the schools covered in the list. This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.”