Picnic ideas for couples can offer relief from stressful work schedules and household chores. These ideas need not be elaborate and can be as simple as going to a zoo or chilling out by the pool at a resort. Picnics allow couples to spend quality time with each other and forget work and home responsibilities.
Summers can be a great time for picnics; the beautiful blue sky, fluffy white clouds, chirping birds, and the bright sun create a perfect setting. Read on for some fun tips and tricks for a picnic date.
How To Plan A Romantic Picnic?
Picnics are a great idea for a romantic date with your partner. Here are some tips and tricks to follow to have a memorable and beautiful.
- Choosing the best location for your picnic is important—a place with a secluded spot where you and your partner can enjoy some time together. If you are planning a daytime picnic, make sure the place has some shade. However, if you want to go all-in for your picnic date, choose a location that has barbeque spots or picnic tables.
- Once you have decided on the location, pick a convenient time. Check the weather forecast beforehand, as you would not want the rain to dampen your plans.
- On the day of the picnic, choose a comfortable dress to wear. Do not wear anything that restricts you from enjoying your picnic. Don’t forget to carry a picnic rug or blanket along with all the essential cutleries.
What To Bring On A Picnic Date?
Keep the picnic date as simple as possible. But remember to carry essentials to make your picnic satisfying.
- Pack a picnic basket with essential items such as plates, glasses, mason jars, wine glasses, spoons, Ziplock pouches, paper napkins, and a corkscrew.
- Pick a rug or a blanket. You may even carry a vase to put flowers in it for aesthetic purposes.
- Take a cooler to keep your mocktails or wine chilled. You also do not want to keep any perishable food items out in the sun for too long.
- You can make a charcuterie board with an assortment of dry fruits and nuts, cured meats, a variety of cheese, along with some berries and fruits of your choice.
- Carry an extra set of clothes because you never know when you might need them.
15 Romantic Picnic Ideas For Couples
Location Ideas For A Romantic Picnic
- Park: A beautiful scenic park is a good choice where you can take a thick outdoor blanket, along with some comfortable cushions. Find an undisturbed spot where you and your beloved can enjoy your time.
- Yard/Vineyard: A lush green yard or a scenic and quaint vineyard is a lovely place to spend time with your love. A picturesque backdrop lets you enjoy nature and make you feel blissful with your partner—something that you often find in fairytales.
- Mountain: Enjoy nature as the warm sun touches you, and the hint of cold mountain breeze makes you want to wrap your blanket around yourself.
- Sunset spot: Let yourself fall into a reverie as you enjoy the sunset with the one you adore and see the sky change colors from brilliant orange to the lightest of pinks and a hint of purple.
- Lake/River/Creek: If you want to hear the sound of soothing water, choose a location near a lake where you can see ducks and swans accompanied by a beautiful view. Bring some wine to go along with your romantic date.
- Backyard: If you and your beloved do not feel like venturing out, set up a picnic in your backyard. Enjoy your pleasant time with the sunlight peeping through the trees, eating chocolate-filled croissants, and sipping on iced tea.
Decor Ideas For A Romantic Picnic
- Flowers: Pick sunflowers, daisies, or lilies—anything you like. It sets the romantic mood and adds to the aesthetic.
- Rug/Thick blanket: A beautiful rug or a cozy blanket would be a great addition to your intimate setting.
- Fairy lights/Lanterns: If you plan to have a picnic watching the sunset, adding fairy lights or lanterns gives a whimsical touch. They are battery-operated, which makes them hassle-free.
- Flower jars: Pick some fresh flowers and put them in a jar. Use ribbons to hang the jars from the branches of a tree to make a beautiful backdrop.
- Picnic baskets: If you follow the cottage core aesthetic, choosing a picnic basket is important to fit the theme.
- Edible greenery: Adding oranges, grapes, and apples as edible decor is a great way to finish the picnic setup.
Drink Ideas For A Romantic Picnic
- Mocktails and flavored water: Make lemonade or delicious mocktails with summer fruits. For flavored water, use strawberries, cucumber, lemon, and crushed mint leaves. Serve them in mason jars, and your go-to summer drink for your romantic picnic date is ready.
- Warm drinks: If you are planning a picnic in the mountains, what better way to warm yourself up than a cup of hot chocolate or tea. You could even add dark rum, bourbon, or scotch into your hot drink to warm you up.
- Champagne/Wine: If you plan a daytime picnic, going for rosé or white wine would be a good choice. However, if you are having a picnic by the beach to watch the sunset, the perfect accompaniment would be a bottle of sparkling wine.
Picnic Food Ideas For Couples
Picnic foods don’t have to stay limited to cheese and crackers. Here are some options you may consider.
- Nachos with different dips
- Bento box with home-cooked food
- Jam with toasted bread
- Scones and cream
- Tea or coffee
- Canned drinks
5 Couple Games For Picnic
To keep yourself entertained, indulge in different games with your partner.
1. Romantic scavenger hunt
Play scavenger hunt with a romantic twist to it. Instead of writing official rules, leave cute notes that lead your partner to a surprise gift you planned.
2. Paper origami
Bring some colorful paper and make origami with it. You may watch YouTube videos to help yourself. To make it more fun, you and your partner can challenge each other and time yourself. Whoever makes the most wins. In the end, you will have some beautifully crafted origami.
3. Board games
Board games never go out of trend. It’s fun and a great way to pass the time. Whether it’s Scrabble, Codenames: Duet, or the fox in the forest—each of them is unique and you will have fun.
This classic and beloved card game never goes out of style. The best part about this is it can be played between two people too. So, shuffle those cards and start playing, and once you do, you cannot get enough of it.
The goal of the game is simple and clear—buy as many properties as you can. When you have more of the same-colored properties, your opponent would have to pay you rent.
There is something magical about a picnic date where you get to enjoy nature and spend beautiful moments with your partner. The hustle and bustle of city life is replaced with the quaint sounds of a creek flowing or the birds chirping in the trees. You are there to enjoy your partner’s company with good food and great music, and the feeling is blissful.
- You can arrange a romantic couple picnic at a park, sunset point or use your backyard.
- Take some flowers and fairy lights to decorate the place and set up the mood.
- Read on for food, drinks, and game ideas to make your picnic date a grand success.