- 10 Cute Sea Turtle Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love To Color
- 10 Cute Finding Nemo Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 10 Amazing Sea Animals Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 10 Interesting Shell Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- 20 Amazing Little Mermaid Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
Children love sea animals. They love to watch them in aquarium or in the form of cartoons. How about choosing their favourite sea animal, say for example sea turtles, and giving them to color? They will be in for a surprise, and we are sure that they will enjoy coloring and knowing some facts about them!
Sea turtles are a group of reptiles that have existed on Earth for more than 100 million years. Did you know that sea turtles are the fundamental link in marine ecosystems?
Yes, sea turtles help to maintain the health of the coral reefs and grass beds that eventually benefits species like tuna, lobster and shrimp. Different species of sea turtles grace the oceans of the world and nearly all the species are classified as endangered.
Top 10 Sea Turtle Coloring Pages For Kids
Teach your child more about the sea turtles with these top 10 sea turtle coloring pages to print:
1. Green Turtle:
This coloring page features a green turtle swimming across the sea.
- Green turtle is a large sea turtle with a length of about 5 ½ feet. It weighs around 400 pounds. These turtles are named for their green cartilage and fat.
- They have a hard, colorfull shell in shades like red and orange. Their colors change throughout the course of their life.
- Green turtle is the only herbivorous sea turtle among the different species.
2. Loggerhead Turtle:
This image shows Loggerhead turtle. These turtles are 3.5 feet long and weight around 400 pounds. Their overall body shape is similar to the shape of a heart.
- They have a red and brown shell on the top and a yellow and brown shell beneath the first shell. Your kids will surely have a fun time painting this colorfull sea turtle.
- Loggerhead turtles have large heads and strong jaws, which enable them to crush prey with hard shells like clams and sea urchins.
[ Read: Tropical Fish Coloring Pages ]
3. Hawksbill Turtle:
The swimmer, in this image, looks very happy taking a dive with the Hawksbill turtle.
- Hawksbill is a small type of sea turtle, with an overall size being less than three feet.
- They have a small and tapered mouth just like the beak of a bird and two pairs of scales along the front of their bodies.
- They are found throughout the world’s tropical ocean and coral reefs.
- Hawksbill turtles help to maintain the health of the coral reefs.
4. Leatherback Turtle:
This Leatherback sea turtle in the picture looks pretty laid back. It seems that he does not have a care in the world. Grab your green crayon and fill in the colors.
- Leatherback turtles are the largest sea turtles found on earth. They grow as long as 2 meters and weigh more than 2,000 pounds.
- Leatherback turtles have a thick, leathery carapace, hence the name. Its shells allow it to survive in cold waters.
[ Read: Seashell Coloring Pages ]
5. Kemp’s Ridley:
This picture shows a female Kemp Ridley returning to the sea after laying her eggs.
- Kemp’s Ridley is the smallest turtle in the world. It is 2 feet long and weighs only about 100 pounds.
- Kemp’s Ridley is green and gray in color with some yellow underneath his shell. They have a much darker shade of head, which tends to stick out all the time.
- Kemp’s Ridley spends most of its time in shallow coastal areas with sand, mud and gravel.
6. Olive Ridley:
Here is the picture of mother sea turtle – Olive Ridley with her two young kids.
- Olive Ridley is the smallest marine turtles.
- The Olive Ridley turtles are named after their olive colored, heart shaped shell.
- They are small in size and weigh less than 100 pounds. They live in warm water, close to the shores.
- Olive Ridley turtles provide refuge for many types of sea birds in the Eastern Pacific. They allow the birds to perch on their shells as they bask in the sun.
[ Read: Sea Animals Coloring Pages ]
7. Flatback Turtle:
Flatback turtles are named for their flat, olive gray carapace.
- The flat carapace allows them to move with ease through the water. As your kid enjoys this scene, he will also learn to color inside the lines.
- Flatback turtles are only found in Australian coastal waters. They spend most of their time at the ocean’s surface.
- Their shell is of brown color with black specks on it. They have a small head that is long and pointed at the tip.
This image features Archelon, a giant turtle that once lived in the sea. Teach your children more about this sea turtle with this cute turtle.
- Archelon turtles are the relatives of the Leatherback sea turtle. It is believed that they weighed more than 4,000 pounds.
- They had paddled legs that served as slippers and a narrow and vaulted shell. They also had a long narrow head and a pointed tail.
[ Read: Finding Nemo Coloring Pages ]
9. Sea Turtles With Fishes:
This image features a pair of turtles having fun with the fishes at the bottom of the sea.
- Color these sea animals and make up a story about their friendship.
- Sea, fishes, turtles – all together will surely intrigue your kids.
10. Happy-Go-Lucky Sea Turtle:
This picture features a happy sea turtle swimming over the reef. The image has broad outlines, making it easy for your kid to fill in the colors without much difficulty.
- Your kid can engage in some fun activities with this coloring sheet.
- It will boost their fine motor skills in the process.
[ Read: Ladybug Coloring Pages ]
We hope your kid learned a lot about turtles while having fun coloring these free printable sea turtle coloring pages online. Share your views by commenting below. Click on these sea turtle coloring pictures below to download a printable file of each of the coloring pages! You can also have your own sea turtle coloring book!