A diaper party is like a baby shower, but for the daddy. While moms-to-be receive all the attention and care, the efforts of a father are often overlooked. If you are looking for diaper party ideas, we have got you covered. This is a great way to celebrate the new journey of fathering. After all, fathers deserve to celebrate the arrival of their baby with their friends and have loads of fun. Diapers are essential for every baby, and new parents spend a lot of time and energy changing their baby’s diapers. In this post, we bring you some amazing ideas that will help you have a fun time with your dear ones at the special party.
What is a Diaper Party?
Diaper parties involve booze, banter, diapers, and lots of fun for all. A diaper party is a great day for the dad-to-be to get together with his friends.
There are some differences between a baby shower and a diaper party. Here is a list of things that are different between these parties:
- Beer: If you are planning a diaper party for the dad-to-be, beer is a must. This is one thing you may not usually include in the ladies’ party or the traditional baby shower.
- BBQ: Arrange a BBQ stand but don’t worry about the finger sandwiches you find so often at baby showers.
- Diapers: While baby showers involve gifting the mom-to-be the items she will find useful in the initial days after delivery, diaper parties involve gifting only diapers to the soon-to-be mom or dad.
- Dressing up: A diaper party is a simple affair. The guests do not need to dress up as they might while attending a baby shower.
These rules are simple, aren’t they?
Why To Have A Diaper Party?
Initially, a diaper party was organized to give would-be fathers a celebration. Today, hosting such a party allows them to bond with other fathers and fathers-to-be. The purpose of a diaper party is to celebrate the father’s role in the newborn’s life. It is an event that allows friends and relatives of the family to give diapers or other valuable gifts. Hosting this party is a practical way to support new parents. Also, by inviting friends and acquaintances to the party and getting diapers as gifts, the baby’s family builds a substantial stockpile of gifts and blessings for their little one.
Who Should You Invite For the Diaper Party?
Invitations are a must for any get-together. Just as for a baby shower, you should invite close family, friends, or even co-workers to a diaper party. The guest list should include only close-knit people with whom you can enjoy the party. However, the final call is yours.
Who Hosts A Diaper Party?
Typically, close family or friends host diaper parties for the dad-to-be. A diaper party is a new concept. You can be a trendsetter by organizing the party yourself.
Often, a diaper party is held on the same day as the baby shower. Sometimes, the couple may combine both and host a co-ed party too.
Diaper Party Decorations
A diaper party is all about men, so you need not worry much about the decorations. The attention of men attending the diaper party will likely be more on food and drinks. You can keep it as simple as you wish, or you can go as crazy as you want.
- Color themes: You can select a specific color scheme based on the gender of the child or any other color you wish. According to the chosen theme, you can choose to paint or decorate your home.
- Movie themes or dress-up: Movies make great theme ideas too. You can ask your friends to dress up as characters from movies. Ask them to enact a scene from a movie or quote popular dialogues. If you want a more conservative party, you can ask your guests to dress up in suits or T-shirts.
- Diaper decorations: A great way to make the day memorable is to decorate the place with diapers! Diaper decorations are fun and go well with the theme. You can make diaper castles or diaper cakes.
Diaper Party Invitations
Sending out invitations is a crucial part of organizing a diaper party. By sending an invitation, you get an idea about how many people will attend the party and plan accordingly. Here are some common ways of sending out invitations for a diaper party.
- Evites: You usually send email invitations to a diaper party. Email invitations or e-invites or evites save a lot of time and money. You must decide on a theme, design a card, and email it to your guests. Evites are appealing to the eye and eco-friendly.
- Paper invites: Paper invites can never go out of fashion. For your close ones, you can make paper invites. Cute paper invites are a great keepsake for your friends and family. You will find printable men’s diaper party invitations on the Internet that you can print on card paper.
- Facebook events: Creating a Facebook event and following it up with a phone call will be good enough if the number of people is fewer and you do not have the time to create a new invitation.
While sending out invites, remember to mention the rules of the party and the theme. Ask your guests to RSVP so that you can plan accordingly. You also need to mention the location and time of the event. Some great invitation wording ideas are:
- You are invited to a good time with friends, food, and diapers with XYZ as he’s becoming a dad! Please bring a pack of diapers.
- No gifts, only diapers!
- ABC is getting ready for diaper duty. Get some diapers to train him!
- Diaper shower for MNO and his baby boy! Bring diapers of any size and win prizes!
Diaper Party Food
BBQ usually works great, though you can dole out the finger foods you usually find at baby showers. However, keep in mind that the food must be tasty and abundant. That is all it needs to become an instant hit.
As in baby showers, you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen making fancy foods to make your guests happy. You can buy some snacks or drinks from supermarkets to serve the starters.
If there’s anything to worry about, it is the liquor. Having a dedicated bar can be a great deal of help. You can also personally serve pints of beer to each guest. This is one way you can keep a check on liquor consumption and ensure that no guest gets blind drunk.
As you can see, planning the menu won’t be too challenging, and you are not left with a lot of leftovers. It is a win-win situation for everyone.
Diaper Party Games
Diaper party games are a fun way to get everyone laughing and loosening up. Here are some diaper party games you can play to keep your guests engaged and entertained.
- Diaper Raffle: You can organize a raffle contest. The guest who brings more diapers gets more raffle tickets. You can draw names and announce a winner.
- Beer Bottle: Another popular game to play at diaper parties is asking the guests to drink beer from a baby bottle. See who chugs the fastest and give them a prize!
- Positive Notes: You can hand over diapers to each of the guests and ask them to write something for the new parents. You can choose to open and read them before the guests or after they have left.
- Story Time: This is another fun diaper party game. You can ask your guests to sit in a semicircle, and each one takes turns to relate some incident in their journey of parenting. The stories could be hilarious or at once emotional, but you will learn a good thing or two out of these stories.
In some cases, you might want to keep the diaper party quiet and just want a get-together of close ones where you have a heart-to-heart over a mug of beer.
Diaper Party Gifts
Diapers are the most common gifts at diaper parties. They are one of the first things that new parents need. So it makes sense to give them as gifts. However, there are many other practical items that make up for wonderful gifts. These include wipes or baby hygiene products like baby powder and soothing creams. In addition, baby blankets, a fashionable diaper bag, a baby bathtub, and a stroller are some ideal gifts for such a party. Gift cards for the parents-to-be to dine out or those, particularly for fathers, are other options. Another good gift idea is parenting books for dads and partners.
Do You Wrap Diapers For A Diaper Party?
As everyone is expected to bring only diapers to a diaper party, there is no need for you to waste paper and time. However, if you are a craft lover and love to show your skills to your friends, you can customize a gift wrapper for the diapers.
What Diaper Size To Get For A Diaper Party?
The best part of a diaper party is that parents or the host can request any size of diapers they might need. You may specify the size of diapers when you invite your guests.
Though your baby will need more diapers in the first few months, remember that they will be using diapers for some months in the future. Plan your diaper needs accordingly and ask your guests to get 2, 3, 4, and 5 sizes. This way, you will be stocked up for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does mom go to the diaper party?
Diaper parties are generally baby showers for the dad-to-be. But if the couple wants, the moms can also be involved in the party. Hence there isn’t any hard-and-fast rule, and the mom’s involvement depends on the couple’s preference and interest.
2. What is a diaper sprinkle party?
A diaper sprinkle party is a diaper party for a couple who’s welcoming their second child.
3. What are some tips for planning a successful diaper party?
To plan a successful diaper party, consider these tips. First, choose an engaging theme to kickstart the planning process. Set the date and venue, and send out invites to your guests. Decorate the venue to match the theme, and plan fun games and activities related to diapers or parenting. Serve delicious food and refreshments that cater to your guests’ preferences. Provide prizes and favors as a token of appreciation. Lastly, don’t forget to capture the memories of the diaper party through photos or a guestbook to cherish and share with your friends.
Desiree Stordahl, a would-be mother and blogger, lists things her husband Jason did with his colleagues at his diaper party and had fun. She says, “Jason’s diaper bash this past weekend included watching the Seahawks game, toasting celebratory beers, and chowing down on chicken wings and pizza… As ecstatic as I am about all those diapers, I’m even more thrilled that my hubby got to have a fun day with friends and initiation into fatherhood (i).”
4. How long does a diaper party usually last?
The duration of a diaper party can vary depending on the preferences of the host and attendees, as well as the specific activities planned. However, diaper parties typically last anywhere from two to four hours.
Becoming a father is a special event. Hence, celebration of this new fatherly journey should be in style by throwing a fun and exciting diaper party. Choose a party theme that is apt for the age group of the guests. Arrange the decorations, invitations, cake, and delicious food according to the theme for a seamless party experience. Have a get-together with friends and family and make the event enjoyable with interesting games and activities. Click pictures, make videos, and live every bit of the event with your loved ones to make the event memorable and joyous for everyone.
Infographic: Planning A Budget-Based Diaper Party
A diaper party is a special occasion for a dad-to-be and his family. Given the day’s importance, you would want to organize a party that’s one of a kind. But what to do if you are on a budget? Planning a party on a budget may not be easy, but it’s possible. Here is an infographic that can help you plan different party elements while not spending too much.
- Diaper party is the male version of baby shower, to usher in fatherhood.
- Hosting the party involves planning for decorations, invitations, food, and games for the guests.
- Interestingly, the guests are only allowed to gift diapers to the parents-to-be!
Create a unique and budget-friendly baby shower centerpiece with this DIY Train Diaper Cake! Learn how to make it in this video! It can be the show-stealer at the next diaper party you attend!