Baby showers are traditional and exclusively meant for moms-to-be. They involve planning and a lot of expenses. Why should only expectant mothers have all the fun? Expecting dads have every right to celebrate, too.
Diapers are some of the most expensive things. And new parents spend a lot of time changing diapers, at least ten times a day. So how about organizing a diaper party where you can have loads of fun and stock up on those expensive diapers too?
What is a Diaper Party?
Diaper parties involve booze, banter, diapers, and lots of fun for all. A diaper party is a great day for the dad-to-be to get together with his friends.
There are some differences between a baby shower and a diaper party. Here is a list of things that are different between these parties:
- Beer: If you are planning a diaper party for the dad-to-be, beer is a must. This is one thing you may not usually include in the ladies’ party or the traditional baby shower.
- BBQ: Arrange a BBQ stand but don’t worry about the finger sandwiches you find so often at baby showers.
- Diapers: While baby showers involve gifting the mom-to-be the items she will find useful in the initial days after delivery, diaper parties involve gifting only diapers to the soon-to-be mom or dad.
- Dressing up: A diaper party is a simple affair. The guests do not need to dress up as they might while attending a baby shower.
These rules are simple, aren’t they?
Who Should You Invite For the Diaper Party?
Invitations are a must for any get-together. Just as for a baby shower, you should invite close family, friends, or even co-workers to a diaper party. The guest list should include only close-knit people with whom you can enjoy the party. However, the final call is yours.
Who Hosts A Diaper Party?
Typically, close family or friends host diaper parties for the dad-to-be. A diaper party is a new concept. You can be a trendsetter by organizing the party yourself.
Often, a diaper party is held on the same day as the baby shower. Sometimes, the couple may combine both and host a co-ed party too.
Diaper Party Decorations
A diaper party is all about men, so you need not worry much about the decorations. The attention of men attending the diaper party will likely be more on food and drinks. You can keep it as simple as you wish, or you can go as crazy as you want.
- Color themes: You can select a specific color scheme based on the gender of the child or any other color you wish. According to the chosen theme, you can choose to paint or decorate your home.
- Movie themes or dress-up: Movies make great theme ideas too. You can ask your friends to dress up as characters from movies. Ask them to enact a scene from a movie or quote popular dialogues. If you want a more conservative party, you can ask your guests to dress up in suits or T-shirts.
- Diaper decorations: A great way to make the day memorable is to decorate the place with diapers! Diaper decorations are fun and go well with the theme. You can make diaper castles or diaper cakes.
Diaper Party Invitations
Sending out invitations is a crucial part of organizing a diaper party. By sending an invitation, you get an idea about how many people will attend the party and plan accordingly. Here are some common ways of sending out invitations for a diaper party.
- Evites: You usually send email invitations to a diaper party. Email invitations or e-vites save a lot of time and money. You have to decide a theme, design a card, and email it to your guests. Evites are appealing to the eye and are eco-friendly.
- Paper invites: Paper invites can never go out of fashion. For your close ones, you can make paper invites. Cute paper invites are a great keepsake for your friends and family. You will find printable men diaper party invitations on the Internet that you can print on card paper.
- Facebook events: Creating a Facebook event and following it up with a phone call will be good enough if the number of people is fewer and you do not have the time to create a new invitation.
While sending out invites, remember to mention the rules of the party and the theme. Ask your guests to RSVP so that you can plan accordingly. You also need to mention the location and time of the event. Some great invitation wording ideas are:
- You are invited to a good time with friends, food, and diapers with XYZ as he’s becoming a dad! Please bring a pack of diapers.
- No gifts, only diapers!
- ABC is getting ready for diaper duty. Get some diapers to train him!
- Diaper shower for MNO and his baby boy! Bring diapers of any size and win prizes!
Diaper Party Food
BBQ usually works great, though you can dole out the finger foods you usually find at baby showers. However, keep in mind that the food must be tasty and abundant. That is all it needs to become an instant hit.
As in baby showers, you don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen making fancy foods to make your guests happy. You can buy packaged food or drinks from supermarkets to serve the starters.
If there’s anything to worry about, it is the liquor. Having a dedicated bar can be a great deal of help. You can also personally serve pints of beer to each guest. This is one way you can keep a check on liquor consumption and ensure that no guest gets blind drunk.
As you can see, planning the menu won’t be too challenging, and you are not left with a lot of leftovers. It is a win-win situation for everyone.
Diaper Party Games
Diaper party games are a fun way to get everyone laughing and loosening up. Here are some diaper party games you can play to keep your guests engaged and entertained.
- Diaper Raffle: You can organize a raffle contest. The guest who brings more diapers gets more raffle tickets. You can draw names and announce a winner.
- Beer Bottle: Another popular game to play at diaper parties is asking the guests to drink beer from a baby bottle. See who chugs the fastest and give them a prize!
- Positive Notes: You can hand over diapers to each of the guests and ask them to write something for the new parents. You can choose to open and read them before the guests or after they have left.
- Story Time: This is another fun diaper party game. You can ask your guests to sit in a semi-circle, and each one takes turns to relate some incident in their journey of parenthood. The stories could be hilarious or at once emotional, but you will learn a good thing or two out of these stories.
In some cases, you might want to keep the diaper party quiet and just want a get-together of close ones where you have a heart-to-heart over a mug of beer.
Do You Wrap Diapers For A Diaper Party?
As everyone is expected to bring only diapers to a diaper party, there is no need for you to waste paper and time. However, if you are a craft lover and love to show your skills to your friends, you can customize a gift wrapper for the diapers.
What Diaper Size To Get For A Diaper Party?
The best part of a diaper party is that parents or the host can request any size of diapers they might need. You may specify the size of diapers when you invite your guests.
Though your baby will need more diapers in the first few months, remember that they will be using diapers for some months in the future. Plan your diaper needs accordingly and ask your guests to get 2, 3, 4, and 5 sizes. This way, you will be stocked up for the future.
Diaper parties are a great way to help the parents-to-be get ready for the changes in their life. These simple and easy ideas are a way to organize a great diaper party without getting stressed out.
The primary purpose of a diaper party is to get your close ones together and have a good time with them. Remember to keep it simple and enjoy it!