Do you want your kid to be smart and healthy? Have you thought of including dry fruits in his diet but wondering if it is a safe bet or not? Well, if you can relate to the above situations reading this post is a must!
Dry fruits are extremely rich sources of minerals and proteins. Including dry fruits in your kid’s diet can boost his overall growth and development. If your fussy kid finds it difficult to chew these healthy nuts, you can even grind and serve them in the form of a fine powder. Doing so can rule out any choking hazard and yet ensure proper nutrition. Want to know more about the goodness of dry fruits for kids? Simply go ahead and give this post a read.
Different Dry Fruits Beneficial For Your Kid’s Health:
There are different types of dry fruits available in the market. Some of them taste sweet while some have a nutty flavor. Here are some dry fruits you can safely add to your kid’s meal plans:
- Almonds: The dry fruit is a rich source of dietary fiber, magnesium, iron, and calcium. It contains a high proportion of monounsaturated fats that help to lower the blood cholesterol levels and prevent potential cardiovascular problems. Almonds are also rich in protein and can boost your kid’s growth during these crucial years. The healthy nuts will keep your kid’s tummy full and prevent him from snacking on junk food. It will also help to keep the threat of childhood obesity at bay. The Vitamin E in these tasty nuts can also give your kid a radiant skin. (1)
[ Read: Best Iron Rich Foods For Kids ]
- Raisins: These are essentially the sun-dried form of grapes. The high sugar content in raisins can take care of the energy requirements and hunger pangs of your hyperactive kid. Raisins are a storehouse of minerals like Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Iron, Copper, and Manganese. Consuming this tangy dry fruit on a regular basis can help prevent anemia and protect your growing kid’s bone health. (2)
- Walnuts: The crunchy and delicious dry fruit contains a high proportion of essential omega 3 fatty acids, which help fight LDL and boost the cardiac health of your kid. It also helps prevent metabolic disorders like diabetes and cancer. Walnut termed as ‘brain food’ is helpful in safeguarding the brain development of your kid. It is a must-have for your kid as it is a rich source of Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and folic acid. It also contains minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, calcium, and potassium. (3)
[ Read: Benefits Of Walnuts For Kids ]
- Cashews: These delicious nuts are replete with essential nutrients like manganese, copper, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus. Adding it to your kid’s diet will ensure he has strong and healthy bones.
[ Read: Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids On The Go ]
Health Benefits Of Dry Fruits For Kids:
Eating nuts can boost your kid’s health in the following ways:
- Aids Digestion: Dry fruits are rich in dietary fiber. Consuming it can boost your kid’s digestion. It can help to regulate his bowel movement, fight constipation and end his toilet ordeal every morning.
- Protects Cardiovascular Health: Adding dry fruits to your kid’s daily breakfast menu is a tasty way to boost his heart health. The crunchy nuts are rich in healthy fats and help to fight bad cholesterol. Most dry fruits are also a rich source of potassium that helps keep blood pressure in check and prevent stroke.
- Prevents Anemia: Dry fruits are an important source of iron. Letting your kid snack on a bowl of assorted nuts can boost his hemoglobin levels. It will help in keeping the threat of anemia at bay and let your kid enjoy good health and development.
- Maintains Healthy Bones: Munching on nuts can provide your kid his daily dose of essential minerals like magnesium and phosphorus. Both these nutrients play a vital role in maintaining his bone density and protecting him from dental problems, osteoporosis, etc.
[ Read: Symptoms Of Anemia in Children ]
Dry fruits and nuts are the best substitutes for high-calorie snacks. A regular intake of dry fruits can boost your kid’s immunity, ensure his proper growth and tantalize his taste buds too!
Now you know the health benefits of consuming dry fruits. Why wait? Go ahead and offer them to your kid today!
Hope you liked our post on benefits of introducing dry fruits for children. Have you included dry fruits in your kid’s diet? How did it benefit him? Share your complete story here!
- 8 Best Zinc Rich Foods For Your Kid
- 10 Best Calcium Rich Foods For Your Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin C Consumption In Children
- 4 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin B For Kids
- 4 Health Benefits Of Vitamin A For Children