Toddlers love to explore, learn, and understand the world. So, we have created a list of the best educational toys for toddlers to help kindle their curiosity and enthusiasm for learning. When your child begins to learn new things and develop new skills, they feel more confident. These toys help enhance your child’s cognitive, motor skills, creativity, and thinking abilities. With various designs, colors, and features, these toys are free of harmful materials to ensure your child’s safety. So, take a look at the options listed below to find one that suits your child’s interests.
23 Best Educational Toys For Toddlers
Educational toys for toddlers are a bit different from toys for older kids. These toys are generally designed to help toddlers develop their motor and cognitive skills, and improve coordination and color recognition.
Our Top Picks
1. Best For Stacking: Mega Brands First Builders Big Building Bag
Stacking is an activity that toddlers enjoy. And this building set enables them to pile up as many blocks as they want.
- Contains 80 colorful blocks
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Improves grasping skills
- Comes with a handy storage bag
2. Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: ORWINE Inertia Toy
Brightly-colored toy trucks easily attract tiny tots. These ORWINE toy pieces are safe for children as they meet the ASTM F963 & EN71 safety standards.
- Pushing and pulling trucks helps improve hand-eye coordination
- Bright colors provide visual stimulation
- Durable toy trucks are made of ABS plastic and alloy
3. Best For Teaching Colors And Numbers: LeapFrog Scoop & Learn Ice Cream Cart
As babies start to toddle, a little support encourages them to keep trying. This ice-cream cart comes with a handle and wheels that kids enjoy pushing as they try to walk.
- Pushing the cart helps develop gross motor skills
- Comes with colorful ice-cream scoops and toppings
- Features six animal order cards that help sharpen memory and sequencing skills
- Audio teaches colors, flavors, and numbers
4. Best For Teaching Animal Names: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Piggy Bank
Little pink piggy can become your toddler’s friend if given colorful coins to eat. It plays music that teaches phrases and popular kids’ songs.
- Set includes a pig-shaped bank with ten colorful coins
- Coins come with numbers printed on one side and animal image on the other
- Helps introduce numbers, colors, and animals
- Pressing the front nose opens the side of the pig’s belly to remove coins
- Consists of two levels of songs to suit growing babies
5. Best For Teaching Songs And Phrases: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
Let your little princess or prince sit on this smart chair to learn new songs, tunes, and phrases. It plays songs and tunes according to your child’s age.
- Comes with three levels of songs to suit your growing toddler
- Illustrated flipbook and light-up button add to the fun experience
- Plays over 50 songs and phrases that introduce numbers, shapes, colors, and much more
- Sitting on seat activates songs
6. Best For Improving Vocabulary: LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book
This audio wordbook is a great way for toddlers to learn new words and identify animals, colors, and so on. Your child can play with it independently while learning new words.
- Contains 100 new words for toddlers
- Teaches words from different categories such as animals, colors, food, fruits, and so on
- Touching the words on the pages activates the audio
- Light-up star button plays two songs
- Teaches in both English and Spanish
7. Best For Matching And Sorting: Skoolzy Rainbow Counting Bears with Matching Sorting Cups
Stacking helps toddlers develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills. This toy comes with dice, sorting cups, and little teddy bears. Your child has to roll the dice and place each teddy in its respective color cup.
- Helps kids with color recognition
- Promotes counting skills
- Non-toxic and free of lead, phthalates, and BPA
- Easy to wash clean
8. Best For Developing Fine Motor Skills: Learning Resources Spike The Fine Motor Hedgehog
This cute little hedgehog enables children to develop fine motor skills by placing colorful spikes on its back. It is easy to play with and lightweight.
- Placing spikes into holes strengthens fine motor skills
- Colorful spikes improve color recognition skills
- Teaches counting and sorting skills
- Spikes can be easily stored inside the hedgehog’s body
9. Best For Teaching Preschool Concepts: Toddler Learning Poster Kit
This poster kit follows the traditional way of teaching tiny tots through posters. It is similar to classroom teaching, so your toddler does not feel confused later when learning at school.
- Contains ten laminated posters that teach letters of the English alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, days of the week, months of the year, weather, and basic words
- Can be hanged on walls for the toddler to read frequently
10. Best For Teaching The Alphabet: LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
Teaching the letters of the alphabet could not have been more exciting than this magnetic letter set. The letters sing songs and speak to teach kids new words.
- Set contains 26 magnetic letter tiles and a magnetic tile reader
- Colorful letters speak and sing to help kids learn easily
- Helps build vocabulary and promotes reading skills
- Designed to fit into tiny hands
Let your little chef improve their counting and vocabulary skills while baking with this LeapFrog Number Lovin’ Oven toy set.
- Comes with 16 ingredients for fun play
- Oven doubles up as storage case
- Musical oven sings numbers and speaks phrases
Every tiny tot starts scribbling each time they are handed a pencil or crayon. This doodle mat comes with water markers so your child can scribble and doddle all day long.
- Mat made of non-toxic, eco-friendly soft polyester
- Set contains stencils to help with writing letters of the alphabet and numbers and creating new shapes
- Water markers safe for kids to use
- Easy-to-fold mat can be used indoors and outdoors
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and color recognition skills
Want to keep your naughty child busy? Hand them this engaging threading block puzzle. It is made following safety standards set by ASTM, CPISA, EN71, and CPC.
- Made of wood and non-toxic paints
- Caterpillar-shaped needle moves smoothly through the holes on the apple
- Helps develop fine motor skills
- Improves hand-eye coordination
Snuggly dolls are must-haves for toddlers. This doll by HABA can provide much-needed comfort and warmth to your toddler and teach them the importance of friendship.
- Made of soft plush fabric for cuddling
- Can be made to sit up by bending at the waist
- Easily washable in a washing machine
This multi-purpose toy helps your child to learn the letters of the alphabet, colors, numbers, and even music. It has also been designed to help with your toddlers’s physical development.
- Pressing the toy activates different activities indicated by various colors
- Emits soft night light and plays music for the toddler to sleep peacefully
- Comes with volume control and quality speaker
- Free of BPA, phthalates, and PVC
This sports center not only encourages babies to play, but also teaches them numbers, letters of the alphabet, and short phrases.
- Develops gross motor skills by encouraging kids to score a basket
- Scoreboard displays and reads the score aloud, enabling kids to learn numbers
- Makes a sound when the soccer ball is kicked into the net, thereby teaching cause and effect
- Push buttons, turning gears, and flip pages introduce shapes and letters
A six-sided cube, this toy offers 15 different activities for toddlers. It plays music and melodies, and flashes lights.
- Comes with an in-built microphone to record the toddler’s voice
- Colorful buttons and lever help enhance hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Activities promote critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Toddlers enjoy chasing after their favorite toy. This musical and colorful ball helps with the tactile development of toddlers.
- Multi-colored surface is visually stimulating
- Comes with animals and numbers printed on it
- Soft body makes it comfortable to play with
- Helps sharpen fine- and gross-motor skills and cause and effect
Made of non-toxic natural wood, this magnetic fishing game helps preschoolers learn counting and letters of the alphabet.
- Wooden figures come with smooth edges and non-toxic paint for safe play
- Helps develop color recognition and counting skills
- Improves hand–eye coordination and cognitive skills
Designed especially for toddlers, this 68-piece learning kit aids in teaching children letters of the alphabet, numbers, and so on.
- Set contains board books, posters, puzzles, and flashcards
- Includes a guide to ensure smooth teaching
- Includes a big box to store all pieces safely
- Makes teaching and learning easy and fun
Love for music is not limited by age. Even newborn babies react to sounds. Your toddler can develop a love of music with this set of multiple musical instruments.
- Includes 15 different musical instruments
- Comes with a tote bag for convenient storage
- Made of non-toxic, child-safe material
- Helps identify the toddler’s favorite musical instrument
A shape sorting toy helps toddlers learn to differentiate between shapes. And this set comes with colorful wooden blocks that help older babies to learn colors as well.
- Wooden pieces are easy to grasp
- Pieces make a “clunk” sound when dropped into the cube
- Helps hone problem-solving skills
This activity cube comes with a bead maze, a shape sorter, spinning gears, a clock, and sliding insects. These activities help your child develop multiple skills.
- Made of sturdy natural wood
- Smooth edges and water-based paint make it safe for children
- Bead maze helps develop fine movements and hand-eye coordination
Toddlers are likely to have a short attention span. Therefore, it is good to gift them toys that are highly engaging and attractive, so that they play with them for longer.
These are our favorite educational toys for toddlers. Which educational toy would you select for your little one? Share your choice with us in the comments section below.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose specializes in reviewing toys and games. She has thoroughly researched educational toys for toddlers, focusing on material quality, safety rating, and user reviews. To help you pick the best educational toys for your kid, she has added detailed information about each product. The products shortlisted in this article are free of harmful materials and can help enhance your kid’s cognitive skills, motor skills, and creativity.
- Best Learning Toys For Babies
- Best Toys For 8,9 And 10-Year-Old Boys
- Best Educational Toys For Two-Year-Olds
- Best Toys For 6-Month-Old Babies