Are you in your last stage of pregnancy? Do you have adequate information about the natural ingredients to induce labor? If you don’t, consider reading our post. Discover how Primrose Oil and Raspberry Leaf Tea can help induce labor in pregnant women.
Evening Primrose Oil:
Evening primrose oil is the beneficial herbal oil. Evening primrose oil comes from the steam distillation of the seeds of the evening primrose plant. The herbal oil has several curative properties:
- Reduces symptoms of hormonal issues, such as breast pain.
- Used for the treatment of allergic skin diseases, like eczema. (1)
How To Use Evening Primrose Oil To Induce Labor?
During the last phase of pregnancy, many moms use evening primrose oil for cervical dilation. It is one of the herbal procedures, to induce labor in pregnant women. Applying the herbal oil softens the cervix, and the contractions that occur due to labor. Moreover, softening of the cervix helps ease the delivery process. (2)
[ Read: Castor Oil To Induce Labor ]
Recommended Dosage Of Primrose Oil To Induce Labor:
The recommended dosage of the herbal oil for cervical dilation is as follows:
- Reaching 34 weeks of pregnancy, take two 500 mg capsules of evening primrose oil daily.
- At 38 weeks, you can increase the dosage to three to four 500 mg capsules daily.
- The evening primrose oil for the perineal massage helps soften the cervix and prevents the risk of episiotomy. (3)
Side Effects Of Primrose Oil In Pregnant Women:
Some of the side effects of consuming evening primrose oil include:
- Upset stomach
- Loose stools or diarrhea
- Nausea (4)
[ Read: Foods To Induce Labor ]
Raspberry Leaf Tea:
The tea originates from red raspberry leaves and has many medicinal effects. Some of the effective properties of raspberry leaf tea for pregnant women include:
- Raspberry leaf tea cures the notion of morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Help in calm cramping of the uterus and induces labor naturally.
- Soothes the uterus muscle, when it is contracting.
- Raspberry leaf is a rich source of iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium. The magnesium content is essential for strengthening the uterine muscles.
- Raspberry leaves contain vitamins B1, B3, and E, which are vital for pregnant women.
- Helps uterus return to normal size.
- Balances hormones.
[ Read: Uterine Contractions ]
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea To Induce Labor:
The key ingredient of the raspberry leaf is an essential alkaloid, fragrine. The alkaloid strengthens the ligaments of the uterus and the muscle fibers in the pelvis. Red raspberry leaf tea increases the uterus contractions and shortens labor duration. The improved efficiency of uterus contracts induces labor and eliminates the risk of excessive labor pain. (5)
Recommended Dosage Of Raspberry Leaf Tea To Induce Labor:
- Reaching third trimester of pregnancy, pregnant women can drink 4-5 cups of raspberry leaf tea daily.
- If you prefer consuming raspberry leaf tablets, you can take two 300mg or 400mg tablets with each meal, three times a day, from 32 weeks. (6)
Side Effects Of Raspberry Leaf Tea In Pregnant Women:
Most women do not experience any side effects from drinking raspberry leaf tea. However, there are some possible side effects:
- Loose stools
- Increase in Uterine contractions
Other Natural Ingredients To Induce Labor:
There are several natural ingredients to induce labor during last phase of pregnancy. Some of the herbal and natural ingredients to induce labor are:
- Spicy Food
- Castor oil
Remember to take such herbal or natural ingredients under strict medical observation. If required, consult with your gynecologist, to know more about the labor-inducing ingredients.
Did you try raspberry leaf tea or evening primrose oil to induce labor during pregnancy? Did you suffer from any side effects? Were these ingredients really beneficial in inducing labor? Tell us your story here. Leave a comment below.
- How To Induce Labor With Acupressure
- Does Eating Pineapple Help Induce Labor?
- Is Black Cohosh Safe To Induce Labor?
- 5 Effective Exercises To Induce Labour Naturally
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017