He is her hero whom she looks up to. He is her idol and the most ideal man in this world, and she would love to have a husband who is like him. She is his fragile little thing whom he will handle ever-so-carefully and safeguard until his last breath. She is one person in whom he sees his mother.
A father-daughter relationship is that pious, profound and priceless. Any number of words is not enough to describe this special bond that a man has with his daughter, and a woman has with his father.
But sometimes, the love for each other needs to be expressed in words, and that’s when the quotes come in handy. If you are looking to share your feelings with your beloved father/ daughter, then read on as MomJunction brings you 101 beautiful father daughter quotes.
Famous Father Daughter Quotes
Here are some father-daughter quotes from well-known personalities.
- “My daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all, he was fun.”– Bindi Irwin
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “I love my daddy. My daddy is everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad.”– Lady Gaga
- “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian and simply being there every time I need a hug.” – Agatha Stephanie Lin
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.”– John Sinor
- “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.”– Hedy Lamarr
- “Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million-dollar Stradivarius to a Gorilla.”– Jim Bishop
- “I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts’.”– Paul Walker
- “When my daughter says, daddy, I need you; I wonder if she has any idea that I need her a billion times more.”– Stanley Behrman
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it.”– Clarence Budington Kelland
- “The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.”– Elaine S.Dalton
- “Old as she was, she missed her daddy sometimes.”– Gloria Naylor
- “To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.”– Euripides
- “Being a daddy’s girl is like having a permanent armor for the rest of your life.”– Marinela Reka
- “Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half — especially if he has a teenage daughter.”– Guy Lombardo
- “The father of a daughter is nothing but a high-class hostage. A father turns a stony face to his sons, berates them, shakes his antlers, paws the ground, snorts, runs them off into the underbrush, but when his daughter puts her arm over his shoulder and says, ‘Daddy, I need to ask you something,’ he is a pat of butter in a hot frying pan.” – Garrison Keillor
- “He opened the jar of pickles when no one else could. He was the only one in the house who wasn’t afraid to go into the basement by himself. He cut himself shaving, but no one kissed it or got excited about it. It was understood when it rained, he got the car and brought it around to the door. When anyone was sick, he went out to get the prescription filled. He took lots of pictures…but he was never in them.” – Erma Bombeck
- “I just owe almost everything to my father (and) it’s passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “My dear father; my dear friend; the best and wisest man I ever knew, who taught me many lessons and showed me many things as we went together along the country by-ways.” – Sarah Orne Jewett
- “Having a daughter makes you see things in a different way. This is my only girl. So I don’t care what it takes to protect her. You can call it what you want to call it. As long as you treat her the same way I treat her, like my princess, I don’t mind.” – Tracy Morgan
- “I love my father as the stars –he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” – Terri Guillemets
- “I took my daughter to the father-daughter dance and I cried like a little baby. She’s 11 years old, so seeing her get dressed up and pretty made me cry.” – Kevin Hart
- “A father’s tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives.” – Ama H. Vanniarachchy
- “You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You’re her oracle. You’re her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you’re in a constant state of panic.” – Stanley T. Banks
- “I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.”-Imelda Marcos
- “Ordinary father-daughter love had a charge to it that generally was both permitted and indulged. There was just something so beautiful about the big father complementing the tiny girl. Bigness and tininess together at last—yet the bigness would never hurt the tininess! It respected it. In a world in which big always crushes tiny, you wanted to cry at the beauty of big being kind of and worshipful of and being humbled by tiny. You couldn’t help but think of your own father as you saw your little girl with hers.” – Meg Wolitzer
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” – John Gregory Brown.
- “A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life.”– Dr. James Godson
- “’What does it feel like to have a girl?’ said the man, chewing. Her father wiped his mouth with his napkin, tilted his head to one side and said smiling, ‘Sometimes it feels like I have a warm egg in my hand. Sometimes, nothing, total memory loss. Occasionally it feels like I have a girl of my own, really mine’.”– Clarice Lispector
- “She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father.”– Harper Lee (Go Set a Watchman)
- “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express.”– Joseph Addison
- “I’ve made it my business to observe fathers and daughters. And I’ve seen some incredible, beautiful things. Like the little girl who’s not very cute – her teeth are funny, and her hair doesn’t grow right, and she’s got on thick glasses – but her father holds her hand and walks with her like she’s a tiny angel that no one can touch. He gives her the best gift a woman can get in this world: protection. And the little girl learns to trust the man in her life. And all the things that the world expects from women – to be beautiful, to soothe the troubled spirit, heal the sick, care for the dying, send the greeting card, bake the cake – all of those things become the way we pay the father back for protecting us.” – Adriana Trigiani
- “My father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it.”– Natasha Josefowitz
- “He sweeps her hair back from her ears; he swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement. He says he will never leave her, not in a million years.” – Anthony Doerr
- “When a child is born, a father is born. A mother is born, too of course, but at least for her, it’s a gradual process. Body and soul, she has nine months to get used to what’s happening. She becomes what’s happening. But for even the best-prepared father, it happens all at once. On the other side of a plate-glass window, a nurse is holding up something roughly the size of a loaf of bread for him to see for the first time.” – Frederick Buechner (Whistling in the Dark)
- “When fathers struggle with being authentic, they leave muddy footprints on little girls’ hearts.”– Tina Samples
- “A man’s daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world.”-Mat Johnson
- “He had been searching for it his entire life. He had devoted himself to poetry to find it. Now, in the middle of his life, he found it. It was in the face of the love of his life, his daughter. She, who had never blushed before, now blushed. And in that blushing, he knew, was the existence of God. That was the day her father learned what God was. God was pure beauty; God was his daughter’s face when she blushed.”– Roman Payne
Short Quotes about Father and Daughter
We know words are not enough to describe your love to each other, but sometimes a single line can bring a smile on your loved one’s face. Here are some short and cute father-daughter quotes.
- “Some people don’t believe in heroes. But they haven’t met my dad.”
- “Dad: a daughter’s first love.”
- “Any man can be a father. But it takes a special person to be a dad.”
- “My fingers may be small, but I’ve got my daddy wrapped around them.”
- “The love between a father and daughter is forever.”
- “No one is able to make the female a queen except her father.” – Arab proverb
- “Mess with me I will fight back. Mess with my daughter, and they’ll never find your body.”
- “Dad. He can play like a kid, give advice like a friend, and protect like a bodyguard.”
- “Daddy, you may be giving me away today, but I will always be your little girl. Never forget I loved you first.”
- “Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a daddy.”
- “I am a princess not because I have a prince. But because my father is a king and he is God.”
- “Dear daughter, there may come a day that I won’t be able to help you. But the day will never come that I won’t try.”
- “You’ve had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.”– Tim McGraw, (My Little Girl)
- “All fathers are teachers of life: they teach their daughters what they can expect from men.”
- “The love between father and daughter knows no distance.”
- “All fathers are proud of their daughters flying out like a free bird, going forth and pursuing their dreams.”
- “Father and daughter–True best friends for life.”
- “Warm hugs from a daughter are like aspirin for fathers.”
- “A father is a man who will always believe and support you. Your daughter is a woman who will always follow your advice.”
- “The best thing that a father can give to his daughter is his time.”
- “There is no place higher than on daddy’s shoulders.”
Funny Daddy Daughter Quotes
If your father-daughter relationship is based on friendship, then go ahead and share some of these funny quotes. Have a light moment together reading these quotes.
- “A daughter is a treasure – and a cause of sleeplessness.” – Ben Sirach
- “Guns don’t kill people… dads with pretty daughters do.”
- “When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted,‘She’s more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge’.”– Helen Hayes
- “It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.”
- “My dad has the most awesome daughter in the world.”
- “I smile because you are my father; I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
- “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest like all those times you said ‘yes’ when mom said ‘no’.”
- “When you are young, you think your dad is Superman, Then you grow up, and realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.”
- “Dad no matter what life throws at you. At least you don’t have ugly children.”
- “Love how we don’t have to say out loud that I’m your favorite child.”
- “Dad, thanks for sharing your DNA, now we both are fabulous.”
- “Dad, thanks for always helping me out financially so I can focus on being an independent woman.”
- “My daughter got me a “world’s best dad” mug. So we know she’s sarcastic.”– Bob Odenkirk
- “Four-year-old: Tell me a scary story!
Me: One time little people popped out of your mom, and they never stopped asking questions.
- “Dad, I wouldn’t trade you for anything. Of course, nobody’s offered me anything.”– Melanie White.
- “To be a successful father, there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don’t look at it for the first two years.”– Ernest Hemingway
‘I Love My Dad’ Quotes From Daughter
The love between a father and his daughter is infinite. He is the first man she says ‘I love you’.
- “My father is a man like no other. He gave me life, nurtured me, taught me, dressed me, fought for me, held me, shouted at me, kissed me, but most importantly he loved me unconditionally. There are not enough words that I can say to describe just how important my father was to me, and what a powerful influence he continues to be. I love you, dad.”
- “You brought me every single toy that I wanted when I was young. I hope I can return the favor when I grow up by achieving every single goal that you always wanted me to. I love you.”
- “I want to be the most amazing child in the world because the most amazing father in the world deserves nothing less than that. I love you.”
- “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”
- “The reason why daughters love their dad the most is that there is at least one man in the world, who will never hurt her.”
- “There may be a thousand ways to say‘I love you’ to a father. But for me, there is just one way to love you… UNCONDITIONALLY. I love you, dad.”
- “Fathers are angles; without father, the world seems to be nothing. I love you, papa, I miss you very much!”
- “Dear daddy, no matter where I go in life, who I get married to, how much time I spend with guys, how much I love my husband, YOU’LL ALWAYS be my number one man. Love. Your little girl.”
- “Daddy, you may be giving me away today, but I will always be your little girl.” Fathers are angles, without father the world seems to be nothing. I love you, papa. I miss you very much!
- “If I was given a chance to start all over again, there are a lot of things I’d change about my life except for one thing… my dad, who’s been there for me through it all. Love you.”
- “I know dad you are quiet as you always do, but in your silence, you loved me all these years. I love you too and will always do.”
- “Dad, even a fleeting memory of your loving smile is enough to light up my darkest days. I love you!”
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. Love you for being there for me, dad.”
When you love your daughter/ father, it is necessary to let them know that you love them. Be it a special occasion such as birthdays or just another regular day, let your beloved ones know how much they mean to you — share a quote to convey your love for each other.
Have a few more father-daughter quotes? Do share them with us in the comments section below.