Once you are married, your spouse’s parents become your second set of parents, which paves the way for a wonderful relationship between you and your father-in-law. We bring you some heart-touching and funny father-in-law quotes that you can share with him to express your gratitude or make him laugh.
He may not be your birth father, but he protects and cares for you like your own father. He is also the person who brought your spouse into this world, and you cannot thank him enough for that. So, choose any of the quotes from this post and share them with your father-in-law to make his day.
75 Best Father-In-Law Quotes
Quotes About Fathers-In-Law
The list of quotes for father-in-law will help you show how much you adore, respect, and love him.
- “How glad I am that my father-in-law exists.” – Vita Sackville West
- “There’s a special place in my heart for the ones who were with me at my lowest and still loved me when I wasn’t very lovable.” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” – Zeus, Hercules
- “Dear father-in-law, you changed my life, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much I respect you.” – Anonymous
- “I just want you to know that you’re very special… and the only reason I’m telling you is that I don’t know if anyone else ever has.” – Stephen Chbosky
- “The sign of a beautiful person is that he always sees beauty in others.” – Omar Suleiman
- “It’s not the length of time we knew someone that makes them so special. It’s what they brought into our lives.” – Sandra Kring
- “I appreciate the little things you do for me and your daughter, dear father-in-law.” – Anonymous
- “Words will never be enough to express my gratitude.” – Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- “Seeing my father-in-law and mother-in-law happy gives me great joy.” –Anonymous
- “Let me tell you something; if there’s anyone in this world that I strive to be like, it’s you.” – Alexandria Brown
- “You deserve it. You deserve the beautiful life you made. You deserve everything.” – William, This is Us
- “Dear parents-in-law, you’re irreplaceable.” – Anonymous
- “Here’s to hoping you’ll have a day as lovely as you are.” – Maria Montgomery
- “I’m amazed by how much you do every day.” – Card Store
- “I really respect you.” – Your Tango
- “Never forget how to be a kid and never let the magic, mystique, and mystery of the world stop amazing you.” – Gloria Atanmo
- “Can I get your opinion on something? You always have such a great perspective.” – Courtney Brunson
- “You see the best in people. You believe in the goodness of this world. And you always look for the light in the darkest places.” – Farah Ayaad
- “He has always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch.” —Chelsea Clinton
- “He was a father. That’s what a father does. Eases the burdens of those he loves. Saves the ones he loves from painful last images that might endure for a lifetime.” – George Saunders
- “A father-in-law is the guiding light for the entire family .” – Unknown
- “It’s not flesh and blood, but the heart that makes us father and son.” – Johann Schiller
- “Families don’t have to match. You don’t have to look like someone else to love them.” – Leigh Anne Tuohy
Messages About Fathers-In-Law
You can even pen a thoughtful message for your dearest father-in-law. Here are a few of them.
- Thank you for teaching me, inspiring me, and most of all for being the nicest father-in-law I could ask for.
- I’m ever so grateful to have you as my father-in-law, for you look after me and support me the way my father did.
- God blessed me with a father figure through you, and I’m nothing but grateful to be a daughter to you.
- In you, I see my father, who always stood by my side and supported me in difficult times.
- Time and again, you have proven to be an amazing husband, dad, and father-in-law, and I hope one day I can be the same and live up to you.
- My husband gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give; he gave me an amazing father and a wonderful mother.
- Not once did I feel like an outsider because you always treated me like your son, and for that, I’ll always be grateful to you.
- How lucky am I to have a friend in my father-in-law?
- I like having you for my father-in-law.
- I am fortunate to have a father-in-law who treats me like his own daughter.
- Dear father-in-law, thank you for all that you’ve done and still doing for me.
- I know my husband will be a perfect father someday because he was raised by a perfect father too.
- Dearest father, thank you for accepting me as your daughter-in-law and making me a part of your family.
- Although I may not say it out loud, I’m lucky to have two father figures whose lame jokes I secretly enjoy.
- I have the coolest, funniest, smartest, most wonderful father-in-law in this world.
- It’s safe to say that I’m one of those lucky daughters-in-law who genuinely loves her father-in-law, and that’s all thanks to you.
- To the world, you are my father-in-law, but to me, you are my father.
- From the moment we met, you have been more of a best friend to me than an in-law.
- Shout out to the father-in-law who’s one of the coolest, funniest, and nicest people in the world.
- Dear father-in-law, thank you for always being there and helping me get through the obstacles in life.
- On this special occasion, I wish my amazing father-in-law a very happy birthday. I hope you have a healthy and peaceful life ahead.
- One of the best ways to tell someone who has positively impacted you is by saying thank you. So, thank you.
- Any man can be a father-in-law, but it takes someone special to be a dad. And that is what you are to me.
- A father-in-law is more than just a father-in-law. They chose to love you when they didn’t have to.
- My father-in-law did not replace my real father, rather he treated me so well that I see my own father in him.
- Sharing your DNA doesn’t make you a father; sharing your love does.
Funny Quotes About Fathers-In-Law
Your relationship with your father-in-law can be just like the one you share with your dad; funny and friendly. So, if you’re looking for a fun way to describe your father-in-law, then these funny quotes about fathers-in-law are for you.
- “You are the best father-in-law I could have gotten stuck with.” – Unknown
- “Father-in-law, thanks for not putting my husband up for adoption.” – Anonymous
- “The difference between in-laws and outlaws….outlaws are wanted!” – Anonymous
- “Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law? ” –Dick Clark
- “So glad I got a normal father-in-law….I mean mostly normal but close enough”– Anonymous
- “Becoming my father-in-law is the greatest gift you received.” – Unknown
- “Dear dad-in-law, you are the latest entrant in my life, and also the greatest!” – Anonymous
- “My father-in-law have a nice personality, and a nicer daughter-in-law.” – Unknown
- “I love my father-in-law, but I’m not sure if it applies all the time.” – Unknown
Funny Messages About Fathers-In-Law
If you share a good rapport with your father-in-law, you may pick some funny messages for him.
- If fathers-in-law were a bogey, I’d pick you.
- When I was young, my dad used to drive me. Now that I’m older, my father-in-law does that for me.
- To my loveliest father, I’d like to shower you with gratitude for your beautiful attitude.
- You’re not my father-in-law. You’re my bonus dad.
- Father-in-law, I’m amazed by how you put up with my husband all these years.
- You’re a limited-edition father-in-law.
- You’re the world’s best father-in-law because you have the nicest daughter-in-law!
- I prayed to God for normal in-laws, I guess you’re close enough.
- Dear father-in-law, I’d take a nerf bullet for you.
- What is harder to find than lost valuables? A great father-in-law like you.
- My father-in-law is my biggest fan because I only have an air conditioner.
- Dearest father-in-law, do you know what gets in the way of the TV? You.
- You’re the best father-in-law because you let your son marry me despite my craziness.
- Thanks for being my unpaid therapist and listening to my endless rants.
- So, what if you’ve made me smile, saved my bacon, and helped me see things clearly. You don’t have to boast, because I’ll do it for you!
- Thanks for hiring me as your son-in-law. I hope you don’t regret it.
Marrying your spouse and entering into a new family can be nerve-wracking, but with an amazing mother-in-law and a lovely father-in-law, it just doesn’t feel difficult anymore. So, if you’re one of the lucky ones to have a wonderful father-in-law with who you can fight, laugh, do goofy things and share deep stuff, then you must cherish his presence with these best father-in-law quotes.